Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #1901
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
The assumption being that the wolves prodded that one along.

Careful, Passacaglia started that ball rolling and with his initial vote on Mrs. Schmidty he has more trust in my eyes.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #1902
Passacaglia
Coordinator

1897 was to illini, 1899 was to mccollins.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #1903
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
PF was lynched by the village as a whole, he was not nightkilled.

My bad, I meant Path
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #1904
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, any more direct questions to me about my Seer-ness before I get some work done for a bit?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #1905
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Chubby got my back. By the way Chubby, I don't think I've heard your opinion on lynching mccollins?

grrr I had my response all typed up and then the board wouldn't post it and i got blank pages grrr...

I think that mccollins and another dem are the most likely dem wolves. I haven't mentioned the other guy yet here or in our thread so I'm holding onto it for now.

I have been all over the place today. I started looking at jeheinz 1st, then he comes out as seer so I swing back to my 2 dem wolf thoughts, and now i'm back on jeheinz.

I think mccollins and jeheinz are both likely wolves but i thnk heinz is more dangerous.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #1906
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, just because he was the first vote doesn't mean others falling him weren't trying to pull something.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #1907
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

also, if we are looking at nightkills. render getting killed went to illini but he was in between him and heinz, that district could have went to either (neither of which i'm confidant in as villagers)
Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #1908
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Not to mention that you replied to my ONE post saying we'd lose it Tyrith and heinz are wolves, but have completely glossed over my post (and Chubby's billion posts) about how we lose if you and heinz are wolves.

To be honest I don't really understand the victory conditions. All I understand is that someone said if heinz is a wolf, and we lynch PB and then I'm night-killed we lose because of my districts. Since we don't know if we can trust heinz or not, it was my thinking that if we lynch PB and protect myself and heinz then we'll know who's what.

If we lynch PB, and he's a villager then we know that heinz and probably Tyrith are wolves. They aren't able to get their nightkill on me to win my districts though since I was protected.

If we lynch PB, and he's a wolf then we know heinz is the seer. He's protected, and protecting me was not really needed except in the case of insurance that heinz is a wolf.

As for me being a wolf, I'm not. I'm a villager, and I thought I threw a pretty big hint out earlier.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #1909
Tyrith
College Starter

Now is not the time for hints, illini.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #1910
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now is not the time for hints, illini.

wheeeeeeeeeeeee another fake reveal

This is just getting too rich if we really have another person come out...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #1911
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
To be honest I don't really understand the victory conditions. All I understand is that someone said if heinz is a wolf, and we lynch PB and then I'm night-killed we lose because of my districts. Since we don't know if we can trust heinz or not, it was my thinking that if we lynch PB and protect myself and heinz then we'll know who's what.

If we lynch PB, and he's a villager then we know that heinz and probably Tyrith are wolves. They aren't able to get their nightkill on me to win my districts though since I was protected.

If we lynch PB, and he's a wolf then we know heinz is the seer. He's protected, and protecting me was not really needed except in the case of insurance that heinz is a wolf.

As for me being a wolf, I'm not. I'm a villager, and I thought I threw a pretty big hint out earlier.

So you understand the post where I said if you're night-killed and Tyrith is a wolf, we lose. But you don't understand the VERY next post, where I said in almost the exact same language, that if you're a wolf and Tyrith is night-killed, we lose?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #1912
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So you understand the post where I said if you're night-killed and Tyrith is a wolf, we lose. But you don't understand the VERY next post, where I said in almost the exact same language, that if you're a wolf and Tyrith is night-killed, we lose?

There's a reason I suggested that the doctor would have to protect heinz and the BG would have to protect me. I'm not a wolf.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #1913
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If we lynch PB and he's a villager then I think it's game over tonight.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #1914
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

To clarify, you're telling me you understood post 1880, but not 1881.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #1915
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
wheeeeeeeeeeeee another fake reveal

This is just getting too rich if we really have another person come out...

Chubby, you're hilarious. I'm hoping now you're not the 2nd Dem wolf. If so, you've made it FAR too easy on us.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #1916
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Do you mean the end of the night, or the end of the day? I don't see how wolves can win at the end of the day. If heinz, IF, and mickey c are wolves, they only get 8.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #1917
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
To clarify, you're telling me you understood post 1880, but not 1881.

I understand both. Post 1881 only applies if I'm a wolf, which I'm not.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1918
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

How so?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #1919
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Do you mean the end of the night, or the end of the day? I don't see how wolves can win at the end of the day. If heinz, IF, and mickey c are wolves, they only get 8.

Not to mention that even that scenario would require a 3-1 start which let's be real, is a well below 50/50 shot in it's own right.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #1920
Tyrith
College Starter

There are a LOT of scenarios where it is game over tonight. So let's just lynch a darn wolf and get it over with instead of obsessing in paranoia over what might be. We have to take the steps that give us the chance to win. If we lose, we lose.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #1921
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

If you want to lynch a wolf, vote PB.

If you want to make this harder then it has to be, then explore other scenarios.

Work time, I'll be back later.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #1922
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand both. Post 1881 only applies if I'm a wolf, which I'm not.

Then why did you say:

Quote:
To be honest I don't really understand the victory conditions. All I understand is that someone said if heinz is a wolf, and we lynch PB and then I'm night-killed we lose because of my districts.

And by the way, you are racking up so many PassPoints right now!

(FTR, PassPoints are little thing I came up with last game, where I basically give people points if they say "I'm not a wolf" like they're expecting everyone to believe them)
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #1923
Tyrith
College Starter

For my stress level.

VOTE YES ON BILLS BE GONE OVERRIDE
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #1924
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Not to mention that even that scenario would require a 3-1 start which let's be real, is a well below 50/50 shot in it's own right.

I think I've already said I'm not going to rely on that.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #1925
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

tonight.

heinz - do i need to bring up all the shit that there's no way i would have done if i was a wolf?

I'll spell it out for you.

I think heinz, illini and mccollins are the remaining wolves. I think they nightkilled render last night knowing one of the two repub wolves would get the district. This gives them 7 districts. Taking out PurdueBrad (who of course isn't around) gives them at least 8. Nightkill the right guy tonight (whomever we don't protect that nets them a district) and game over.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #1926
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Then why did you say:

And by the way, you are racking up so many PassPoints right now!

(FTR, PassPoints are little thing I came up with last game, where I basically give people points if they say "I'm not a wolf" like they're expecting everyone to believe them)

I don't really understand the whole districts thing and who gets lynched what goes where and that stuff.

I understand that if heinz is a wolf, and we lynch PB and I'm night-killed we lose. I also understand that if i'm a wolf and heinz is a wolf then we lose.

However since I know what I am in game, I think my suggestion about BG protecting me, and the doctor protecting heinz gives us the best chance to find out who's lying. If you think I'm lying, then you're obviously going to have a problem with my solution.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #1927
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm wrong on my analysis then I'm wrong but damnit the last post by me is how I think this game is playing out...

Censure jeheinz72

of course he has work to do...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #1928
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

well since I like my suggestion and think it's the best way to win.

vote lynch PurdueBrad
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #1929
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, Chubby, that last comment seems like a real jerk thing to say towards someone that, wolf or not wolf, has been around for two hours this morning.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #1930
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
heinz - do i need to bring up all the shit that there's no way i would have done if i was a wolf?

I'd like to hear about that.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1931
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Agree to disagree then Pass. I think this game would have set up impossibly for the wolves at 3:1. I mean think about it. CR does that and let's say be sheer blind-ass luck we lynch that 1. Then at that point, the wolves only realistic shot at winning is a near sweep of all of the districts on the side of the 3.

The 3 would then have to had been Mrs. S, me and either illini or Tyrith.

So let's look at the 2 cases then

3rd Repub Wolf is illini

If that's the case, then we as wolves are fucked. We'd have been better off night killing PB to hope to make some in-roads at the low end (closer to 1st dist) to have a chance at making headway that direction to get districts. It'd have been smarter then to night-kill PB and pin RendeR as a fake-Seer kill

3rd Repub Wolf is Tyrith

It'd make more sense to just night kill you (long long ago) as Tyrith could have easily picked up your districts without much cause for alarm.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1932
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think it's just that he was talking about the path kill.

Ah, that'd make more sense. I've got no explanation for that unless chesapeake is a wolf and they knew they'd pick up path's seat later when they off me (while putting suspicion on me in the mean time).

However, chesapeake has been really helpful in our party thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1933
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
BTW, Chubby, that last comment seems like a real jerk thing to say towards someone that, wolf or not wolf, has been around for two hours this morning.

well I'm heated and i apologize. Just frustrating that at the point im fed up and will vote for him he's leaving.

pass - you de realize the shit we took for me vetoing that bill. If i'm a wolf I would have not vetoed or "forgot to act" so it passed. It not only hurt me but the party a good deal. I'm also not going to swing the last and deciding vote onto a wolf (Mrs S) I would have left my vote where it was.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1934
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think heinz, illini and mccollins are the remaining wolves. I think they nightkilled render last night knowing one of the two repub wolves would get the district. This gives them 7 districts. Taking out PurdueBrad (who of course isn't around) gives them at least 8. Nightkill the right guy tonight (whomever we don't protect that nets them a district) and game over.

If that's the case though, why even fuck around with the fake reveal? Why not just bide our time? It'd be a poor play.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #1935
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If I'm wrong on my analysis then I'm wrong but damnit the last post by me is how I think this game is playing out...

Censure jeheinz72

of course he has work to do...

1st off, might want to wait and see if my party believes me enough to see if I'm the pres candidate. In which case, you can't censure me.

Secondly, that last comment is classless. I've been here for 3 hours debating this. Excuse me for not having the day off like you do.

Good day sir.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #1936
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Agree to disagree then Pass. I think this game would have set up impossibly for the wolves at 3:1. I mean think about it. CR does that and let's say be sheer blind-ass luck we lynch that 1. Then at that point, the wolves only realistic shot at winning is a near sweep of all of the districts on the side of the 3.

The 3 would then have to had been Mrs. S, me and either illini or Tyrith.

So let's look at the 2 cases then

3rd Repub Wolf is illini

If that's the case, then we as wolves are fucked. We'd have been better off night killing PB to hope to make some in-roads at the low end (closer to 1st dist) to have a chance at making headway that direction to get districts. It'd have been smarter then to night-kill PB and pin RendeR as a fake-Seer kill

3rd Repub Wolf is Tyrith

It'd make more sense to just night kill you (long long ago) as Tyrith could have easily picked up your districts without much cause for alarm.

How are you fucked if it's you and illini?

You come out as seer, bonus for the person you accuse as wolf not being online, let slip you haven't scanned the prez (why would you), get PB lynched and make a nightkill tonight to win.

far from being fucked in my eyes
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #1937
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
well I'm heated and i apologize. Just frustrating that at the point im fed up and will vote for him he's leaving.

pass - you de realize the shit we took for me vetoing that bill. If i'm a wolf I would have not vetoed or "forgot to act" so it passed. It not only hurt me but the party a good deal. I'm also not going to swing the last and deciding vote onto a wolf (Mrs S) I would have left my vote where it was.

If you didn't veto, you would have been lynched the next day without question. When CR accidentally screwed up which bill you vetoed, I recall asking if you were trying to act like a supervillain.

I'll look at the Mrs. S vote, though.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #1938
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
If that's the case though, why even fuck around with the fake reveal? Why not just bide our time? It'd be a poor play.

Yeah, by and large. The only reason is that you expected mccollins to be the lynch today and needed to get it off him before the bandwagon started. Which honestly makes Pass's way of going about things today more attractive in my eyes.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #1939
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess what I'm saying Pass is that if you're going to open up the possibility of a 3-1 start, then you'd have to look at how the wolves would play if given that slant. And the wolves haven't acting in conjunction with that.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #1940
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1st off, might want to wait and see if my party believes me enough to see if I'm the pres candidate. In which case, you can't censure me.

Secondly, that last comment is classless. I've been here for 3 hours debating this. Excuse me for not having the day off like you do.

Good day sir.

Anyone can be censured I'm pretty sure just like prez can be censured despite you saying he can't.

I already apologized for that. I'm pissed at what's going on and nobody else from the party is online and I"m home all day.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #1941
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
How are you fucked if it's you and illini?

You come out as seer, bonus for the person you accuse as wolf not being online, let slip you haven't scanned the prez (why would you), get PB lynched and make a nightkill tonight to win.

far from being fucked in my eyes

Maybe not fucked, but we'd be playing a poor game. If illini and I were the wolves it'd make a *lot* more sense to have then night-killed PB and done this fake reveal with RendeR instead.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #1942
mccollins
College Prospect

So, to refresh myself, the case against me is (a) general suspicion, and (b) my late vote to try to 'save' Mrs. S when really I had 5 minutes to figure things out and just followed Lathum?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #1943
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you didn't veto, you would have been lynched the next day without question. When CR accidentally screwed up which bill you vetoed, I recall asking if you were trying to act like a supervillain.

I'll look at the Mrs. S vote, though.

IF I hadn't vetoed I could have claimed I overslept or whatever. I pretty much knew how bad that veto would hurt my district and our party and i did it anyways to hurt the wolves because that came 1st.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #1944
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Anyone can be censured I'm pretty sure just like prez can be censured despite you saying he can't.

I already apologized for that. I'm pissed at what's going on and nobody else from the party is online and I"m home all day.

From the rules:

Presidential candidates cannot be voted on as wolves during their candidacy. Votes for them during the presidential election day cycle will be ignored.

And I hadn't seen the apology yet.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #1945
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
IF I hadn't vetoed I could have claimed I overslept or whatever. I pretty much knew how bad that veto would hurt my district and our party and i did it anyways to hurt the wolves because that came 1st.

The day you start lying about RL things in order to get ahead in WW is the day I stop playing WW with you, QED.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #1946
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
So, to refresh myself, the case against me is (a) general suspicion, and (b) my late vote to try to 'save' Mrs. S when really I had 5 minutes to figure things out and just followed Lathum?

B isn't an issue for me, frankly.

The bigger issue for me is I don't believe path's killing to be essentially random. I think the wolves would know they need districts and if PF wasn't the beneficiary from that, you likely were.

A is a small tick too, but frankly, I"m not even looking to vote you today. You would classify under "Tomorrow's Problem"
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #1947
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
From the rules:

Presidential candidates cannot be voted on as wolves during their candidacy. Votes for them during the presidential election day cycle will be ignored.

And I hadn't seen the apology yet.

Since you aren't the nominee yet I am still free to vote for you as you are wolf #1 in my eyes.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #1948
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
B isn't an issue for me, frankly.

The bigger issue for me is I don't believe path's killing to be essentially random. I think the wolves would know they need districts and if PF wasn't the beneficiary from that, you likely were.

A is a small tick too, but frankly, I"m not even looking to vote you today. You would classify under "Tomorrow's Problem"

Yet you don't mention how render's killing helped you and illini...
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #1949
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FTR, for me, today isn't even about Chubby being a wolf either. I could care less about that for today. That would also classify under "Tomorrow's Problem"

For me, today is about my being the Seer and PB being a wolf. Nothing more, nothing less. You either buy it, or you don't. But frankly, I'm done giving two shits.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #1950
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Since you aren't the nominee yet I am still free to vote for you as you are wolf #1 in my eyes.

Quote:
Yet you don't mention how render's killing helped you and illini...

A) Yes, I was just heeded warning that you'll have to change your vote if I'm the nominee. You're free to vote for me for now, just sayin is all.

B) You're not understanding me. By doing it the other way around, it would've been a more beneficial wolf play. I'm not saying the night-kill wouldn't benefit us in this conjured up untrue scenario, I'm saying that it was LESS beneficial, so why do it?