Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2005, 03:29 AM   #1901
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ok, ive been watching the devils all season, i guess ill weigh in now.

-the gomez-gionta-brylin line is AWESOME to watch. they set the tone for this team, which is weird, because it used to be madden's D line that set the tone. how times have changed.

-the D we signed to replace stevens/niedermeyer just dont work. in the old league, malakhov and mcgillis would fit in with the devils D perfectly. but as of right now, one of these guys HAS to go. they just dont cut it, and they cost way too much.

-hey, mogilny. SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK. guy looks to pass way too much.

-been pretty happy with clemmensen as he's filled in for brodeur. broduer, by the way, is not nearly as effective with the weakened D and the no-touching outside the trapezoid. the league really screwed him on that rule.

-we cant play D. the old, tried-and-true devils D (rub the forward out on the way to the boards) is illegal now, and the team is flat out struggling. and its basically the lumbering defensemens fault. when sean brown (sean brown!) is your 2nd best defensemen, somethings wrong. and this is with colin white injured (great, another big, immobile D-man). better bring up hale and get some legs on D, and quick.

the devils will be lucky to snag the 5th spot in the playoffs...though i still expect them to make it. but this isnt the team i grew up loving.

that said, i fully expect them to adapt, and fairly quickly. the forwards are in place...it's just a matter of straightening the D out. the problem is very clear: mcgillis, malakhov, matvichuck, white...too many old-style d-men.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #1902
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Ya know....i'm gonna get skewered for saying this...but....does'nt the game just seem too much like pond hockey now...there is no animosity in the games,no toughness...i'm not talking about fighting,but i'd like to see a little more roughness.

At first it seemed like the new rules created more speed and more open ice and led to some bigger hits. This was good. This, however, has seemed to have faded and I agree, there does seem to be a lack of animosity out there. There are minor flare ups every now and then, but they are few and far between...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #1903
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Also, a sign that things are a little out of control IMO:

In the past, even early on the crackdowns, I could pretty much always see exactly what it was that was called. Now (and this was magnified in the Isles/Philly game I went to), it seems like around 30-50% of penalties I have NO clue what they were for until they show the replay. Some refs seem to be out there just looking for anything to call.

The thing is, that tells me that they are getting it right! As a fan, you should not be able to see 100% of the actual penalties on the ice. You are 100 or more feet removed from the surface of a game being played at high speeds and you think you should be able to act as defacto referee?

The fact is, refs are calling penalties exactly how they should be. A little tug with a stick or a glove, regardless of the effect it has on the play or the player, is a penalty. Yes, there is currently a ridiculous parade to the box most nights. It takes more than a month to erase a decade worth of bad habits. Coaches have spent 10+ years teaching guys to use their sticks and hands to slow opponents. It's basically instinct with a lot of guys at this point. So even if they stick their stick out, and realise quickly what they're doing and pull it away... tweet! And I think that's good.

In time they'll figure it out, or the coaches will find other guys who will, and the games will flow properly. It is November 3rd... we haven't even been watching for a month yet! 1 month! I know this is the Internet generation and whatnot, but good gravy everyone needs to take a chill pill and let this thing take it's course.

On the other hand, this could also be a great big example of "be careful what you wish for". Perhaps a majority of fans liked the old style more than they thought they did.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #1904
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
Perhaps a majority of fans liked the old style more than they thought they did.

Some of us knew that the whole time & called out the current farce for what it is from the get-go.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #1905
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

hxxp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141753&hubname=

This is an amazing story, seems Jacques Demers spent all his 15 years in the NHL without the ability to read or write. The English version of his book hits stores in early 2006, and I'll be picking it up for sure.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #1906
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian

This is an amazing story, seems Jacques Demers spent all his 15 years in the NHL without the ability to read or write. The English version of his book hits stores in early 2006, and I'll be picking it up for sure.

Is the book just a bunch of pictures?
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #1907
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian

That is amazing. Wow. To get that far without being able to read or write? Unbelievable. I love Jacques Demers. Always will. He was the coach of the Wings back when I first really started watching hockey ('87-'88). I loved that Wings team: Probert, Kocur, Gallant, Yzerman, Burr, Barr, PETR KLIMA!, Adam Oates, Chabot, Snepsts, Bridgeman, Zombo, Norwood, Chiasson, Hanlon and Stefan in net... Just loved that team. They even had this back up goalie, Sam St. Laurent who still wore one of those old-time Jason-style goalie masks. That was a fun era for the Wings.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #1908
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, saw the Demers story last night and was in disbelief.

just amazing that an adult can succeed in ANY job without being able to read or write
Old 11-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #1909
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Is the book just a bunch of pictures?

No, a Montreal newspaper columnist helped him write the book... the same guy also helps him with his weekly column.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:08 AM   #1910
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I saw the Demers story yesterday too, and thought it was great stuff.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #1911
bbor
Pro Starter

Perhaps Klima spelled his name Peter....but Demers was unable to spell and it turned into Petr?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #1912
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I went to the Hurricanes / Bruins game here in Raleigh last week. That's my first game under the new rules, and I'll chime in on the "I love the new style of play" side of things. Less thuggery, more skating, skill, and flow to the game. Plus the game only took about 2.5 hours to watch including most of an overtime period, which sure seemed shorter than the games I used to go to.

A big thumbs up from me on the new NHL.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #1913
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
I went to the Hurricanes / Bruins game here in Raleigh last week. That's my first game under the new rules, and I'll chime in on the "I love the new style of play" side of things. Less thuggery, more skating, skill, and flow to the game. Plus the game only took about 2.5 hours to watch including most of an overtime period, which sure seemed shorter than the games I used to go to.

A big thumbs up from me on the new NHL.

Of course, you'd say that because Carolina's 8-2-1 under the new rules.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #1914
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
I think fan overreaction to too many penalties is what causes the game to continually slide back to crap within weeks of every "crackdown". I find it eternally frustrating that media and fans alike spend the entire off-season bemoaning the terrible state of the game, then 3 weeks into the season start whining about all of the penalties.

What people need to understand is that there has to be a transition period, and it's not overnight. A coach who is losing games because his team is in the box 12 times a night will not tolerate it over the length of a season. Unfortunately, it never comes to that because crackdowns are abolished by December.

I think part of the problem is, people don't have a problem with the penalties, until they start getting called on their team.

As far as people wanting the old game back? NO THANK YOU! Hockey is not about the clutch and grab, it's about the skate shoot and score.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #1915
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm with Cards4ever. I'll take a whole year of crappily officiated penalty-play filled hockey if it got rid of the clutching and obstruction and everything. That said, very few people are willing to go for that. It's exactly what he said: everyone's happy as long as it's not their team. Have some patience, yeesh.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-03-2005 at 01:41 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #1916
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

For those of you who like to "slum" it, here are a list of players to watch this fall for next years draft.

http://centralscouting.nhl.com/CSMenu.nsf/0/29046f7701bfae6385256af7004ffb41/$FILE/2005%20Players%20to%20Watch.pdf
Old 11-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #1917
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ah, so you mean something Blues and Blackhawks fans can agree on

SI

Old 11-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #1918
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Ah, so you mean something Blues and Blackhawks fans can agree on

SI

Hmmm, not sure if that was directed at me or not. I'm not a Blues fan, I'm a Minnesota Gopher fan! I watch the NHL mainly to watch players with Minnesota connections. I go to a lot of HS games and College games and I was told that was "slumming" it, so, that was my reference.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #1919
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards4ever
Hmmm, not sure if that was directed at me or not. I'm not a Blues fan, I'm a Minnesota Gopher fan! I watch the NHL mainly to watch players with Minnesota connections. I go to a lot of HS games and College games and I was told that was "slumming" it, so, that was my reference.

Nah, that was actually me trying to make some peace with the Blues fans as, well, both of our teams suck this year

SI

Old 11-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #1920
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I like this Avs team more and more as the season goes along.

btw, I wrote up a little team-by-team report for the first month of the season. Western Conference only. (Eastern will be next month)

http://www.smart-guys-sports.com/?p=32
Old 11-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #1921
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

For anyone who hasn't read his writeup, it's good stuff.

SI

Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #1922
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
ok, ive been watching the devils all season, i guess ill weigh in now.

-the gomez-gionta-brylin line is AWESOME to watch. they set the tone for this team, which is weird, because it used to be madden's D line that set the tone. how times have changed.

-the D we signed to replace stevens/niedermeyer just dont work. in the old league, malakhov and mcgillis would fit in with the devils D perfectly. but as of right now, one of these guys HAS to go. they just dont cut it, and they cost way too much.

-hey, mogilny. SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK. guy looks to pass way too much.

-been pretty happy with clemmensen as he's filled in for brodeur. broduer, by the way, is not nearly as effective with the weakened D and the no-touching outside the trapezoid. the league really screwed him on that rule.

-we cant play D. the old, tried-and-true devils D (rub the forward out on the way to the boards) is illegal now, and the team is flat out struggling. and its basically the lumbering defensemens fault. when sean brown (sean brown!) is your 2nd best defensemen, somethings wrong. and this is with colin white injured (great, another big, immobile D-man). better bring up hale and get some legs on D, and quick.

the devils will be lucky to snag the 5th spot in the playoffs...though i still expect them to make it. but this isnt the team i grew up loving.

that said, i fully expect them to adapt, and fairly quickly. the forwards are in place...it's just a matter of straightening the D out. the problem is very clear: mcgillis, malakhov, matvichuck, white...too many old-style d-men.

Parise?
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #1923
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger

btw, I wrote up a little team-by-team report for the first month of the season. Western Conference only. (Eastern will be next month)

Welp, Columbus no longer has their good as Nash is injured again.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #1924
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Good stuff, Double D!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #1925
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Parise?

hes shown some promise...but he hasnt clicked with any linemates yet.

robinson had him playing with mogilny and gomez at the start of the year....then parise moved to a mogilny-kozlov line....and then yesterday against the rangers he was with pandolfo and someone else, whom i forget. mightve been a kid who was just called up.

so basically, he's been everywhere but on madden's line (the top checking line). truthfully, he hasnt stood out much. but he seems scrappy, has gotten some time with the pp unit, and should fit right in for years. just hasnt clicked with anyone yet, i guess.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #1926
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

robinson had him playing with mogilny and gomez at the start of the year....then parise moved to a mogilny-kozlov line....and then yesterday against the rangers he was with pandolfo and someone else, whom i forget. mightve been a kid who was just called up.

so basically, he's been everywhere but on madden's line (the top checking line). truthfully, he hasnt stood out much. but he seems scrappy, has gotten some time with the pp unit, and should fit right in for years. just hasnt clicked with anyone yet, i guess.

I saw a lot of him at NoDak. He's a very unique player, and I think you're lucky to have him. I expect him to be quite good, maybe something like Holik in his good years.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #1927
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Welp, Columbus no longer has their good as Nash is injured again.

yeah, saw that.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #1928
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Sorry, Chicago.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #1929
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

Everyone that was raking Milbury over the coals for taking Nilson just ahead of Parise a couple years ago isn't looking quite so smart right now...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #1930
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Milbury still sucks donkey balls
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #1931
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Everyone that was raking Milbury over the coals for taking Nilson just ahead of Parise a couple years ago isn't looking quite so smart right now...

Any sucess the Islanders have is completly by accident, it is by no means an indication of Milbury's hockey knowledge.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #1932
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Blues just lost 7-2 to the Oilers (who are playing exceptionally well right now).

The Blackhawks are currently losing 8-1 to the Stars.

The Norris Division, or whatever the hell it's called nowadays (Central?), is crap. It's almost like the NFC North of the NHL.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #1933
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Milbury still sucks donkey balls

Yes. He is a horrible GM this Milbury.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 PM   #1934
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Yes. He is a horrible GM this Milbury.

I'm not saying he's a good GM... but taking Nilson was a smart pick and those Parise-lovers should have realized the Devils would be getting someone who could contribute early, but never be more than an energy player and decent penalty killer.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #1935
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm not saying he's a good GM... but taking Nilson was a smart pick and those Parise-lovers should have realized the Devils would be getting someone who could contribute early, but never be more than an energy player and decent penalty killer.

But Milbury made the pick by accident...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #1936
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ovechkins goal in the shooutout tonight .. Hot damn.

Also .. Thrashers and Caps with some drama. Could be fun to watch play out.

And the hit in the Caps/Sabs game. Damn.

Fun night of NHL action.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:58 AM   #1937
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I saw a lot of him at NoDak. He's a very unique player, and I think you're lucky to have him. I expect him to be quite good, maybe something like Holik in his good years.

Made a lot of trips to Grand Forks huh? Or is the Fighting Sioux Network available in Madison?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #1938
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Sorry, Chicago.

Yeah, that was a real oof last night.

SI

Old 11-05-2005, 04:53 PM   #1939
Karim
College Starter

It seems the Flames will try and win the 'old way' in the 'new' NHL. They've played well the past few games by virtue of solid defensive play, limiting scoring chances against, good penalty killing and timely goaltending. This is the only way the team can win because there is just a limited amount of offence. The team is actually showing that it can be extremely physical while not taking penalties which is vital. And of course, any team that wants to drop the gloves will play into the Flames' style. It's rubbing off on the new acquisitions with Amonte, McCarty and Ritchie all fighting in the past few games.

Tonight will be a good test against Vancouver.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #1940
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Stars get a nice shootout win in Colorado tonight!
Old 11-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #1941
Donnie Baker
n00b

Haven't got into watching it closely yet, that season off affected my patterns. How has 'Sid the Kid' been doing? (that is such an annoying nickname)
Donnie Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #1942
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Stars get a nice shootout win in Colorado tonight!

would have loved to watch that, but the NHL apparantly decided to blackout certain games to certain people. I called up DirecTV and made life a tad uncomfortable to a rep and then her supervisor, but they couldn't really give me any acceptable answer. I'm pretty pissed off to have the game just blacked out seemingly at random by the leage, and have asked to have someone at DTV contact me with some answers (wont be holding my breath on that).

it's only one game, but I'm rather furious at the way NHL is fucking around customers. neither Dallas or Colorado is close to me, so it's not a local blackout, and local blackouts are the only blackouts I'm supposed to have on Center Ice

EDIT: I suspected was that it was just a technical glitch on the part of DTV and they were just giving me a load of bull. Well, I just happened to be browsing through my Now Playing list, and the game MAGICALLY became unblacked out to me not long after I called. Still annoyed, because I missed all but the 3rd period, and even more so because since I didn't think I had it recorded, I checked on the score...I can't watch a game where I know what happens.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 11-06-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #1943
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Still annoyed, because I missed all but the 3rd period, and even more so because since I didn't think I had it recorded, I checked on the score...I can't watch a game where I know what happens.

Hah, I'm the exact same way.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #1944
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

a bit of a head scratcher from the Bruins. They trade Andy Hilbert to the Blackhawks for a 5th rounder. Now, granted, the B's don't really have a need for a forward right now, but Hilbert is a former 2nd round pick, is 24, and has been solid in the AHL (79 points last years).

Just seems like they gave him up too cheap.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #1945
Karim
College Starter

Back-to-back wins against the Canucks, making it four in a row for the Flames. Awesome game again tonight. Phaneuf was first star with a goal (game winner) and two assists. He won't win the Calder playing our west with Sid the Kid and Ovenchicken in the east but he's playing well enough to be nominated. Of course, it's really early.

Last edited by Karim : 11-08-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #1946
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Back-to-back wins against the Canucks, making it four in a row for the Flames. Awesome game again tonight. Phaneuf was first star with a goal (game winner) and two assists. He won't win the Calder playing our west with Sid the Kid and Ovenchicken in the east but he's playing well enough to be nominated. Of course, it's really early.

Phaneuf rocks. I'd watch more Flames games just to watch him work.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:00 AM   #1947
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Shutout for Turco against the hated and feared Oil tonight, and it was well earned. The forwards tried to leave him out to dry a few times tonight, but he wouldn't have any of that.

In the odd trades department...

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CP) - The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded tough guy Nathan Perrott to the Dallas Stars for a conditional draft pick in 2006.

The Maple Leafs, who lost 5-4 to the Capitals in Washington on Sunday, made the move to create room on their roster.

"I wanted to be a Toronto Maple Leaf," Perrott told Leafs TV. "But I'm going to go there, do my best and work hard."

The Maple Leafs will receive a fifth-round draft pick from Dallas if Perrott plays more than half of the Stars' remaining games. Otherwise, the Leafs will get a sixth-round selection.

Perrott, who had no points in three games this season, was the odd man out in Toronto. The emergence of rookie Kyle Wellwood and return of Mariusz Czerkawski from injury meant the Leafs had to demote someone to the AHL's Toronto Marlies or make a move.

In Dallas, Perrott will have to work his way into the team's lineup.

"Nathan comes in as one of our 23rd (skater) and we look forward to the grit he will add to our lineup," Stars GM Doug Armstrong said in a release. "We like his ability to skate and the pressure he can provide on the forecheck."

In 66 career games with Toronto and Nashville, Perrott has two goals, four assists and 197 penalty minutes.

The Maple Leafs acquired him in a 2002 trade with the Predators.

"He's been everything we had hoped for," Leafs coach Pat Quinn said. "He works his hardest. This is an opportunity for him.

"We hope he has some good luck."

So we had a goon (I forgot his damn name!), but they let him go in the offseason. We have Erskine, but he's such a defensive liability that they don't want to carry him as the 7th D-man on the roster. I guess there isn't anyone in the minors who can fill this role, so we get Perrott? For a 5th? (maybe 6th). Sheesh.

Johnny, are you around? Can you tell me something good about this guy? I hear he can't skate, he can't shoot, and he makes bad decisions. Can he fight well?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #1948
Johnny93g
College Starter

Well, i liked Perrott better then Belak...lol...thats not saying much though.
Perrot gives a good effort, but thats about it.....He can forecheck, and throw a few hits, but again, not effectivly enough to be a regular...Its pretty much a steal for Toronto here. It will be a 6th rounder, as i dont see Perrot getting in anyone's lineup for more then half their games. He's exactly what the coach said, he's the 23rd man on the roster

edit: his fighting never stood out to me....he was last in the hierarchy or fighters for toronto. I couldnt even tell you if we won or lost most of his fights.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 11-08-2005 at 08:26 AM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #1949
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

I watched Perrott pretty regularly in his 90+ games down here with the Baby Leafs... I'll echo Johnny's remarks that he's not a regular NHLer. He is however a very hard worker so if that's something Dallas needs then they got what they needed... I think he's worth a 6th Rd pick... 5th Rd not so much.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #1950
bbor
Pro Starter

Perrot fell out of favor in Toronto last week after the Sens game.In the game against Ottawa Domi had his ass handed to him in a fight,Perrot was playing that game and did'nt fight all night.Perrot is there to add toughness to the team,in this game he showed he may not be willing to do that anymore thus making him useless.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote