Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #1901
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

(Oh please. Have you SEEN George Martin? You aren't working out, you're running out to buy more butter)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #1902
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Ummm GRRM doesn't workout Chief. [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1903
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Imagine if he did! He might survive to put out the 6th and 7th books. They would come in 2020 and 2030, but, hey, he would live long enough to do it!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1904
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote axell florent
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1905
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And besides, now that I am single again, FOFC-GRRM needs to start looking studly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #1906
The Jackal
Coordinator

What of the other Kings - will there be votes made this eve?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #1907
Autumn
Head Coach

Clearly I have no friends in the North. I apologize, Balon, for voting your son but he has shown his true colors.

VOTE THEON GREYJOY
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #1908
InBlue
n00b

I feel like we did this already.
Vote Theon Greyjoy
Old 06-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #1909
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You realize that was my father and not me correct?

I have never had any idea who anyone is talking about unless they tell me

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1910
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What of the other Kings - will there be votes made this eve?

There will. I hear reports though of white walkers. I must get more information first.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #1911
Autumn
Head Coach

Since clap doesn't know who is who ... ;-)

claphamsa votes theon greyjoy
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1912
path12
Coordinator

Is there a vote count?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #1913
saldana
Pro Starter

my apologies my lords for my absences during the past few days. Matters of a personal nature have kept me from being able to fully involve myself in the affairs of the realm.

however, now that i have come back to giving the seven kingdoms my full attention, i feel it is time to become fully involved

vote ser axell florent
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #1914
Autumn
Head Coach

Stark seems to have the support of the neutrals. consider that when choosing where to vote. When it's just you and him who will vote with you?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1915
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah, Lord Balon. I had intended to send Tywin to visit you today, but there was a rather unfortunate occurance.

We should talk tomorrow - or you can send Asha to me.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1916
path12
Coordinator

Renly votes Theon Greyjoy
Penrose votes Theon Greyjoy

I am interested in preserving a balance of power. That is the only thing this vote represents.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1917
The Jackal
Coordinator

King Balon Greyjoy votes Theon Greyjoy
Asha Greyjoy votes Theon Greyjoy
Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1918
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Lord Stark appears to be...reaping the dubious rewards of being seen as victorious in several recent battles.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #1919
The Jackal
Coordinator

My son has strayed too far from the sea. He is bewitched by the trees and the wolves.. though more likely the women.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #1920
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
my apologies my lords for my absences during the past few days. Matters of a personal nature have kept me from being able to fully involve myself in the affairs of the realm.

however, now that i have come back to giving the seven kingdoms my full attention, i feel it is time to become fully involved

vote ser axell florent

ill forgive you since you were so good in Avatar!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #1921
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[OOC] DEADLINE (FOR CHIEF) [/OOC]
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #1922
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unfortunate.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #1923
Autumn
Head Coach

[ooc] teacher's pet [/ooc]
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #1924
Autumn
Head Coach

that was meant for DT, lol
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #1925
Autumn
Head Coach

I must head back to my quarters, so you will probably not hear from me until morning.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #1926
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Ah, Lord Balon. I had intended to send Tywin to visit you today, but there was a rather unfortunate occurance.

We should talk tomorrow - or you can send Asha to me.

I am always willing to listen.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #1927
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I am always willing to listen.

But apparently, not vote quite right.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #1928
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This cannot be. The greatest man in the realm cannot have been brought low by a simple assassain's knife. I swear I will find the person responsible and I will kill them.

Who would waste coin killing bannermen? It seems a singularly bad way of defeating the Stark house. I can think of four people who conceivably could gain from the death of my father. Tyrion, Littlefinger, the Spider and Lord Stark himself.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #1929
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I doubt the Imp has the coin to pay for the assassain unless he has been receiving donations - which is a possibility. I know that Stark has the coin and I suspect he would guess that my father would flee before being voted but I don't think the price tag is worth the gain for him. Balon, Renly and Stannis would be fools to pay 50000 to kill someone who would likely be voted for execution or flee Stark tomorrow anyway and ensure that Casterly Rock, my father's troops and money all went to Stark. Littlefinger would certainly have the necessary means and his intentions are not very clear to me. Varys? Who knows? It does not seem his usual way of acting but maybe there was some perceived gain for him there.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #1930
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Lord Renly, it seems to me that you can either decide to bend the knee or you can fight. "Do it for Chief"! It seems to me that you are finding excuses for your lack of resolve.

Lord Balon. I suspect I misjudged your purpose in these affairs. I thought I had found a kindred spirit with a similar purpose. It would seem otherwise. So be it. If you wish to waste your time and money killing inconsequential nobodies rather than make a difference then there is little that can be done on that score. One would at least hope that you will be sending Asha out raiding today.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #1931
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
But apparently, not vote quite right.

Your bannermen are paying the price for your decision to support Renly yesterday my lord. A tactical mistake perhaps but, then again, you have no need of bannermen anymore in any case. So was it actually a mistake at all? It seems you are leading in terms of land, money, manpower and honour. Your enemies killing your bannermen is hardly going to weaken your position - quite the opposite.

Nobody dare declare war on Stark because he will meet them in battle and defeat them immediately. Stark dare not attack anyone because they will retreat to a coast and the rest will join in the battle. So it seems there is an impasse until one of the royal aspirants decide to bend the knee. Or, presumably, when there are but three bannermen left. When my lord Stark will be crowned king.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #1932
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Axell Florent - Stark, Theon, Tyrion, Selmy, Baelish (5)

Theon Greyjoy - Stannis, Seaworthy, Florent, Renly, Penrose, Balon, Asha (11)

Did not vote - Cersei, Varys, Joffrey (3)
Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #1933
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ahhh! Theon, I had high hopes for you - but I feel you have to take a lot of responsibility for this outcome. I am sure Lord Stark will do a good job seperating your head from your shoulders. They say you were like brothers. I wonder if his hands will quiver as he makes the blow, as he remembers all the time you spent together, growing up in Winterfell. It must certainly pain Stark to have to execute you. I am sure that will be a comfort to you.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #1934
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Had Internet problems at home last night, so no dice on running deadline. I'm heading to work early and will get eveeything set when I get in.

Still looking to have the next deadline tonight at the regular time.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1935
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Your bannermen are paying the price for your decision to support Renly yesterday my lord. A tactical mistake perhaps but, then again, you have no need of bannermen anymore in any case. So was it actually a mistake at all? It seems you are leading in terms of land, money, manpower and honour. Your enemies killing your bannermen is hardly going to weaken your position - quite the opposite.

Nobody dare declare war on Stark because he will meet them in battle and defeat them immediately. Stark dare not attack anyone because they will retreat to a coast and the rest will join in the battle. So it seems there is an impasse until one of the royal aspirants decide to bend the knee. Or, presumably, when there are but three bannermen left. When my lord Stark will be crowned king.

A rather accurate depiction of things - though I personally would rather my bannermen lived - I'm rather loyal to them in that regard.

Talk to your son, Cersei. For the good of the realm, it's time he surrenders Kings Landing to me and swears allegiance. Even Theon received my pardon and lived - Joffrey would not come to harm ... at least not by my own hand.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #1936
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINAL VOTE TALLY DAY 9

Theon Greyjoy (Julio Riddols): Stannis (Autumn), Florent (claphamsa), Davos (InBlue), Renly (path12), Penrose (Darth Vilus), Balon (The Jackal), Asha (britrock88)

-- 11 votes

Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa): Robb (Coffee Warlord), Theon (Julio Riddols), Tyrion (Danny), Ser Barristan (mauchow), Littlefinger (saldana)

-- 4 1/2 votes

Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1937
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a cold day in Winterfell when Ilyn Payne arrives.

Theon Greyjoy has been confined to his quarters by King Robb Stark, who is wary of disobeying the new rules of the land and the Enemy of the Realm vote.

The King's Justice cannot speak, his tongue having been cut out decades ago, but Payne needs no other word than the large headsman's axe strapped to the saddle of his great warhorse.

King Robb knew, too, it was that very axe that took the life of his father. He willfully reminds himself that the tool is not the enemy or responsible, and Ilyn Payne is but a tool.

"Call forth the prisoner," the King orders.

Theon is brought forth in chains. Where as when he first heard the news, the Turncoat was defiant, he now appears beaten, defeated. He refuses to look at King Robb or the King's Justice.

The guards put Theon before the stump which will serve for his beheading. He does not kneel down, but instead stands before the stump staring at it. At a nod from King Robb, the guards ease him to his knees, not ungently.

At this last, Theon turns to Robb.

"This is wrong!" he cries. "I am no saint, but I returned to you in faith, and have served you well ever since."

"There is no denying that," the King said. "You served me well, and I will never forget that. But there can be only one King, and a select few to help that King. The people have spoken against you. And they more than likely will one day speak against me.

"In the end, the only winner in the Game of Thrones is the game itself."

Theon just stares at his King, as the guards push him forward so that his head hung over the far edge of the stump.

The great axehead of Ilyn Payne, King's Justice, falls and takes Theon's head off cleanly at the neck.

THEON GREYJOY (JULIO RIDDOLS) HAS BEEN EXECUTED AS AN ENEMY OF THE REALM

Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #1938
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DAY ELEVEN has begun.

The Deadline remains 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PDT tonight.

You may begin your Day 11 business.

PMs are being worked on right now. I will also be answering any questions in PM which you may have shortly, in case you are waiting for any responses.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1939
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Lordy...-2 bannermen for House Stark just like that [/ooc]
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #1940
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] So - rereading the rules...how can a king even possibly be removed from the game? [/ooc]
Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #1941
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
[ooc] So - rereading the rules...how can a king even possibly be removed from the game? [/ooc]

War (being captured). Possibly assassination, depending on the King and the assassin.

And, of course, a King can simply realize he needs to give up his Kingly win condition and Bend the Knee, giving him a chance to win as a bannerman.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #1942
Autumn
Head Coach

But to clarify, Chief, normally a king can't be captured in war. Are we to assume that if the king has no bannerman and fights in a war, he can be captured and/or killed?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #1943
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
But to clarify, Chief, normally a king can't be captured in war. Are we to assume that if the king has no bannerman and fights in a war, he can be captured and/or killed?

[ooc] yes, this is where i was confused too [/ooc]
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1944
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Yes, if a King has no bannermen he can be captured in war.

So if you think you can beat a "singleton King" in a war, you might want to challenge him.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1945
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And to be clear, I believe I always specified that a King CAN be captured in war. It's just a lot more difficult if he has bannermen.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #1946
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And to be clear, I believe I always specified that a King CAN be captured in war. It's just a lot more difficult if he has bannermen.

[ooc] reading the original rules it just says a king can't be captured. i started to wonder due to Robb's lack of bannermen. [/ooc]
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #1947
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The winning side will also capture a bannerman, if one is available to be captured and will occupy the land the battle took place on.

The King for the losing side will not be captured.

Yeah, this is what I've been going by, so assumed they could not, though I imagined maybe an eventual rule change was in the works.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #1948
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My apologies, I think I brought it up later when it was asked about, but you are right, in the rules I state he can't be captured.

My one certainty I had with Kings and war was that they cannot be KILLED in war.

A King by himself can be captured in war. Bannermen protect him from capture.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #1949
Autumn
Head Coach

Renly, regarding what we were discussing yesterday. I have checked with my maester and am willing to make the deal for twice the amount we discussed. That is not meant to be a hard bargain, but it would not be worthwhile for me otherwise. If it is agreeable send the coin as a sign and I will proceed.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #1950
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I feel that the removal of my father has helped Lord Stark greatly. With only two bannermen left to be voted it can be expected that Stannis and Renly will return to bickering between each other. And, consequently, lose the war. Looked at from that point of view and given the almost certainty that my father would have fled today if put to the vote, I feel a lot less certain of Stark's lack of involvement in the assassaination.