Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #1901
st.cronin
General Manager

dola - I just read that as "the Keanu Reeves of FOFC", and missed the WW.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #1902
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

K, so I have to admit I am a little surprised that the fouts bandwagon has started so blindly and quickly without any discussion of other theories, well I have one.

I belive there are 2 seers and fouts is an avatar. In a game this size it wouldn't be unheard of or it may be possible blades powers were transfered to someone else. I'm not saying we shouldn't vote for fouts but I think it's possible that he is an avatar and we are barking up the wrong tree.

I understand the obvious choice is Fouts but I am pretty sure we will be mistaken.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #1903
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
K, so I have to admit I am a little surprised that the fouts bandwagon has started so blindly and quickly without any discussion of other theories, well I have one.

I belive there are 2 seers and fouts is an avatar. In a game this size it wouldn't be unheard of or it may be possible blades powers were transfered to someone else. I'm not saying we shouldn't vote for fouts but I think it's possible that he is an avatar and we are barking up the wrong tree.

I understand the obvious choice is Fouts but I am pretty sure we will be mistaken.
Ok so here's the part I'm missing:
If there are two seers, something I'm certainly willing to entertain, WHERE ARE THE NECROMANCERS ADVANTAGES?

This is the problem that has been plaguing me since Day 1. I mean the bad guys start off with disadvantages that they don't have in any other game. So what evens the playing field? Lathum if what you're saying is true then that's even MORE help for the good guys.

This is a question I've been asking since Day 1 and if we're to believe Lathum, I think a good answer is required.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #1904
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i doubt we would have started the game with 2 seers...it would be too unbalancing if we could clear people AND summon our superbeing at the same time, or do double scans every night

as far as the second part of your idea, there hasnt been enough time....if someone inherited blades powers they would need 3 nights to summon the avatar, especially since we know (or believe we know) that blade was making scans,not resting.

vote fouts
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #1905
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me dola:

I only believe Lathum if he's claiming to be the other seer. I don't expect him to confirm or deny this but it's the only way I see this claim making sense. Otherwise it seems like a pretty obvious bad guy ploy which I have to think he's too good of a player to do in such a blatant manner.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #1906
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have a really hard time believing Lathum's theory that there are 2 Seers and 1 happened to get an avatar out while the necromancer chose not to bring out the mummy...

I think if we are to keep things simple, its much more likely that its the mummy.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #1907
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Other thought: Lathum could not be the seer but could instead be brother with the seer. Still doesn't change my underlying question.

And even if what Lathum is saying is completely off base I still think we need to answer: WHere are the balancing powers to the bad guys? I know I was expecting every bad guy to have some sort of special ability. In bullet's case that proved to be simply not true. Is the balance that we're talking about a game that has an incrediblely high amount of bad guys to start?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #1908
SnDvls
Pro Starter

have to agree w/ BK on this.

and to add...if we did have 2 seers and the necros got the propht on their side I still don't see it giving the game balance.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #1909
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I have a really hard time believing Lathum's theory that there are 2 Seers and 1 happened to get an avatar out while the necromancer chose not to bring out the mummy...

I think if we are to keep things simple, its much more likely that its the mummy.

if we think about what has happened this game, i think its pretty obvious that the head necro had to summon the mummy

night one, no kill
night two, only one kill attempt (pass)
night three, only one kill attempt (path)
night four, no kill (except for CW killing pass, and hanging himself)

it pretty cut and dry to me that fouts must be the mummy.

and as far as feeling bad for him since he just got here, the same thing happened to me in CW's elementals game...i got brought back to life and killed again in the same day because it was obvious that the demons brought me back
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #1910
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have to guess the prophecy has his own winning condition and cant be counted as good or bad for us. Kind of like the elementals a few games ago... I dont think we will see the prophecy being on the bad guy's side.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #1911
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think saldana lays out a good case for why Lathum is wrong. But can anyone present a case for where the necros advantage comes in? I hate to sound like a broken record but this to me is an important part of knowing hot to act, and use my scarab, in the days to come.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #1912
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-

I am going in a different direction. AlanT was quick to jump on Fouts, voted second I believe, then do what he always does when he is a bad guy, post alot of theories, suspect lists, voting patterns, etc... He is trying to look helpfull and really all he does is muddy the waters. He did the same thing last game and was a baddie and I think he is doing it again.

I also think he is bad because he was in support of me being scanned by blade, see post #1460, and #1462.

Right after blade was killed AlanT all of a sudden reverses fields and votes for me #1644. Why switch? I think he supported me in the first place to set me up. I argue with blade, blade gets killed, alanT suddenly suspects me after supporting me. Not to mention Bullet ( a known necro)had a couple of votes on him and was looking suspiscous so I think AlanT used whatever ability it was to kill blade in an effort to save bullet. Ordinaraly this would be a risky move, but if they had discovered each other it would make sense considering the necro's didn't do shit until last night.

I am 90% positive Fouts is an avatar and 99% AlanT is a necro.

VOTE ALANT
Old 06-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #1913
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so then when we kill Fouts and he is the mummy, we can lynch you next?

Remember I gave you the benefit of the doubt when no seer or anyone was coming out and saying you were lying that they didnt scan you. Once we saw that you were in a heated debate with the seer who came out and not only said you would be a poor choice for being scanned, but also pretty insulting about it.. it just felt too much to be some act.

It seems pretty clear you were caught in a lie, Fouts is the mummy and with the way you are acting, I wouldnt be suprised if you wernt the one who summoned it.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #1914
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Heck, I'm so sure now with the way you have been acting Lathum that I'll say if he ends up being the Avatar, I'll vote for myself first tommorow even
Old 06-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #1915
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum: How is bullet being suspicious of Alan a bad thing for Alan?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #1916
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Heck, I'm so sure now with the way you have been acting Lathum that I'll say if he ends up being the Avatar, I'll vote for myself first tommorow even
GAH! I hate these pledges. I've been so happy to see self voting go out of vogue. Please do not bring it back.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #1917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, to answer questions about my theory.

I would not be surprised if we started with a higher number of baddies then usual considering they need some time to find each other and we did get 2 in the firs 3 days which leads me to believe there is a higher number.

Another advantage could be something we don't know about ( see blades death)

Perhaps they alternate scans?

Perhaps there was an aprentice like in the Star wars games ( and yes I know in the Star wars game they needed time to learn the craft)

these are all just theories, I would hate to be lynched for being to quiet
Old 06-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #1918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'll hold you to that
Old 06-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #1919
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
GAH! I hate these pledges. I've been so happy to see self voting go out of vogue. Please do not bring it back.

I'll eat my hat if I vote for myself (in this game)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #1920
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
can you point me to where buller was suspicious?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #1921
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-
bullet
Old 06-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #1922
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

yeah, I don't like self votes either. I'm just trying to stress how important it is for people to not let Lathum bring doubt into this vote today. I honestly don't see any simpler solution than Fouts is the Mummy. We talked about it yesterday we talked about it today.. most other possible scenerios just seem to be stretches.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #1923
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
can you point me to where buller was suspicious?

he was suspicious of me a few days ago when I started leading the charge against him for saying he was acting suspicious just like Im doing with you now
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #1924
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

That's easy...the whole throw off the scent thing...where a baddie in a bad position tries to throw suspicion off those he knows to keep them alive and continuing their nefarious plots..but I don't think the baddies know each other...I think there would be a lot more of us dead.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #1925
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So on this day where I am at work completely by myself at work with only the barest of projects to complete, I have a feeling that this will be the slowest day of the game yet.
trying to make sure that doesn't happen.

and for those of you who have played with me many times you should know I usually am quiet the first few day while I develope theories then I get very active.

And my theories are usually correct, as is this one.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:31 AM   #1926
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

off to work in the yard, I will probably be running in to refreash every 10 minutes.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #1927
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure how much more I can debate this further honestly. I'm fully willing to see if your theory plays out.

I see it as you are caught on a limb because you claimed to be seer scanned earlier, and then we come to find the actual seer denied horribly that he scanned you.

So now you are creating a theory where there must be multiple seers now since that one didnt scan you, the other one must have. And that other seer must be the one who summoned the avatar... And Fouts isnt the mummy at all, but instead is an avatar.

The biggest flaw with that theory is if there was a second seer who did scan you , they wouldnt be able to summon the avatar due to needing 3 days to summon.

I am fully content with letting this play out now. If anything, I think you have dug yourself a hole today further for tommorrow's lynch.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #1928
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

To clarify a point, If I'd known cronin was good I wouldn't have voted for him. I only voted for him since he voted for me when trying to help me and i didn't know who else to vote for so I never changed it.

This kinda stinks, I can't guarentee I'll be online later so I have to get a vote in now. The evidence presented is pretty good towards Fouts being the mummy, because of that I have no choice but to...

vote Fouts

I'm going to try really hard to get back online tonight, even if it pisses off my girlfriend... she can deal with it
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #1929
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby

I'm going to try really hard to get back online tonight, even if it pisses off my girlfriend... she can deal with it
Spoken like a true Werewolf player! Excellent!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #1930
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

In Lathum's possible defense is it possible that the Dreamweaver scanned him (to see if he was the seer) and that's why he got that message?

That said, I've been wary of Lathum's story from the get go and still am. I still think the smart move is to get rid of the probable mummy, Fouts, before he does any damage. I just can't at this time see how'd be could be the avatar with the seer dead.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #1931
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
In Lathum's possible defense is it possible that the Dreamweaver scanned him (to see if he was the seer) and that's why he got that message?

That said, I've been wary of Lathum's story from the get go and still am. I still think the smart move is to get rid of the probable mummy, Fouts, before he does any damage. I just can't at this time see how'd be could be the avatar with the seer dead.

I suppose it's possible, but what was spent on the remaining nights?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #1932
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok so here's the part I'm missing:
If there are two seers, something I'm certainly willing to entertain, WHERE ARE THE NECROMANCERS ADVANTAGES?

This is the problem that has been plaguing me since Day 1. I mean the bad guys start off with disadvantages that they don't have in any other game. So what evens the playing field? Lathum if what you're saying is true then that's even MORE help for the good guys.

This is a question I've been asking since Day 1 and if we're to believe Lathum, I think a good answer is required.

Maybe there are more Necs than we think? That's why we were lucky?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #1933
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I suppose it's possible, but what was spent on the remaining nights?

I have no idea, I'm just throwing something out becuase it crossed my mind. I pretty much agree with Alan T when he said he feels Lathum is just digging himself a deeper whole for tomorrow's vote. I've been and still am distrustful of Lathum, his story and odd fascination with voting for me every day have certainly contributed to it along with Blade saying he didn't scan Lathum.

I don't know how bad seer scans have worked in past games, that's why I asked
Old 06-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #1934
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dubb, we're all waiting on you to use yoru super magical powers.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #1935
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

K, I'm off. I'm going to try my hardest to find some kind of internet access. I doubt the hotel will have a business center but I'll be content with a Kinkos or something where I could hop on for a few to catch and change my vote if needed (but I'd be surprised if that happened at this point with the evidence the way it is)
Old 06-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #1936
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Maybe there are more Necs than we think? That's why we were lucky?

-Anxiety
i was thinking this too for a while, that maybe we started with 6 or even more, but i think if that were the case, we would have had more night kill attempts...especially after seeing 2 go down in 2 straight days...i would think they would have been in a bit of a panic mode and would have tried to kill someone, except for the fact that they had something better to do (summon fouts)
Old 06-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #1937
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, just caught up (yet again).

It's pretty clear to me that if fouts is the Mummy (and he probably is), we need to take him out ASAP.

Vote fouts
Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #1938
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i was thinking this too for a while, that maybe we started with 6 or even more, but i think if that were the case, we would have had more night kill attempts...especially after seeing 2 go down in 2 straight days...i would think they would have been in a bit of a panic mode and would have tried to kill someone, except for the fact that they had something better to do (summon fouts)

You would think that if they started out w/ 6 and only 2 attempts at night kills and 2 down that there would have been multi attacks last night knowing their backs were against a wall and they haven't found eachother yet. I still feel there are only 3 necros left and the prophet that we should be worrying about. along w/ fouts today
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #1939
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When my theory proves true I want you all to remember AlanT's witch hunt against me when we vote tomorrow. If I live through the night action because I am sure alan will be coming for me.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #1940
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- He does this every game. AlanT and I always seem to get locked up and I have a number of tells on him and am usually correct about him.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #1941
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

also we need to start worrying about the ruling class and who replaces them.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #1942
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola- He does this every game. AlanT and I always seem to get locked up and I have a number of tells on him and am usually correct about him.

Was my tells this game trying to get people to go after Bullet and then after you and your mummy?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #1943
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola...

Its usually easy to try to cast suspicions on people who have ended up as bad guys alot. I find it hard sometimes to trust Sndvls for that reason.. But its impossible for anyone to be a bad guy every game. I'm fully content in seeing how your strategy plays out today lathum.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #1944
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

you mean the fact that I wanted to know who Swaggs replacement was 2 days ago!!!!

now we have now clue about it and we could have know at least one person.

I declare that they come out today. They are in too much unknown power at this point for us not to know them now.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #1945
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I find it hard sometimes to trust Sndvls for that reason.

I knew I was getting a raw deal...damn you WW mods!! DAMN YOU!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #1946
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

No we don't. And that's all I have to say about that for now.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #1947
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Was my tells this game trying to get people to go after Bullet and then after you and your mummy?
mummy, lol

if you mean voting for me then switching to bullet once you realized he was a goner based on blades statement thus giving you the perfect cover by saying "I can't be a necro I voted for bullet early"

trust me, if you aren't a necro I'll send blade a bouquet of flowers.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #1948
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I voted for bullet the day before, put together a case for him acting funny and said all day Bullet was my top pick for the day yesterday before you and the Seer had a shouting match

In fact I chose to vote Bullet since I felt he was a necro over Bek because I thought he was just an easy vote out as being inactive. I didnt realize both were necros
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #1949
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I voted for bullet the day before, put together a case for him acting funny and said all day Bullet was my top pick for the day yesterday before you and the Seer had a shouting match

In fact I chose to vote Bullet since I felt he was a necro over Bek because I thought he was just an easy vote out as being inactive. I didnt realize both were necros
which is the perfect cover for you being a necro, especially if there are a larger number then usual thus making bullet expendable and giving you a free ride.

Alan, when are you going to learn that I never get involved in something like this unless I am pretty sure I am correct
Old 06-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #1950
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
which is the perfect cover for you being a necro, especially if there are a larger number then usual thus making bullet expendable and giving you a free ride.

Alan, when are you going to learn that I never get involved in something like this unless I am pretty sure I am correct

I guess I'll learn after we lynch I'm pretty much assuming already that I'm a goner tonight which is fine because I don't have any special role for the egyptians. But this has been fun none the less today (And barkeep thought it would be slow!)