Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #19351
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Looking at their website, they appear to be open again. They used to have a really cool horse program for kids with disabilities, but I'm not sure if that's still active.

From what I've read and talking to a couple of graduates from decades past, a lot of the students were borderline delinquents and it was a place to whip kids into shape. I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a warning from Trump's father to get his life in gear.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #19352
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Phrasing!
Are we still doing that?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #19353
JediKooter
Coordinator

That's pretty cool, especially if they still have that program. Good point, maybe Fred knew something was 'up' with his son and sent him there.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #19354
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Are we still doing that?

No I stopped after the one time
Old 10-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #19355
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday we partnered with Russia to veto a security council resolution condemning Turkey for attacking the Kurds.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #19356
Atocep
Coordinator

So it appears the House is finally going to get their hands on Trump's tax returns. Combining that with impeachment and Syria, is his best move at this point to try to cut a deal to resign and claim victory?

He could claim he's made America great again, accomplished his goals, and is resigning for the good of the party and so that the presidential harassment will stop? He essentially becomes a martyr for the alt-right.

Does he have a better play right now?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #19357
Jas_lov
College Starter

I see we're now sending 2,000 troops to Saudi Arabia. I thought we were bringing the troops home from the Middle East.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #19358
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
So it appears the House is finally going to get their hands on Trump's tax returns. Combining that with impeachment and Syria, is his best move at this point to try to cut a deal to resign and claim victory?

He could claim he's made America great again, accomplished his goals, and is resigning for the good of the party and so that the presidential harassment will stop? He essentially becomes a martyr for the alt-right.

Not so fast. He'll appeal again.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #19359
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Unless the Senate confirms the impeachment (unlikely right now), he stays ala Clinton and takes his chances with winning a second term. Even if he loses but has a decent showing, he will still have influence with the 38-42% for a long, long time.

He leaves voluntarily only if it looks like the Senate will turn on him. And even then, I wouldn't put it beyond him to manufacture a conflict/war to distract and "rally" the base.

The impeachment process is good but the Dems are going to have to win this in the election.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #19360
spleen1015
Coordinator

It is far more likely that he uses the military to keep himself in the WH after he's impeached than it is that he resigns. Dude is not going to go down without a fight.

When he loses the election, it will be the same way. He won't go willingly.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #19361
molson
General Manager

Do we expect any bombshells in Trump's tax returns? I still feel like he's mostly just embarrassed that he doesn't make as much money as he claims.

I'm sure people will sleuth and find suspicious things based on other bits and pieces of information we know, but, I feel like we already have that kind of thing now.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #19362
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Unless the Senate confirms the impeachment (unlikely right now), he stays ala Clinton and takes his chances with winning a second term. Even if he loses but has a decent showing, he will still have influence with the 38-42% for a long, long time.

He leaves voluntarily only if it looks like the Senate will turn on him. And even then, I wouldn't put it beyond him to manufacture a conflict/war to distract and "rally" the base.

The impeachment process is good but the Dems are going to have to win this in the election.

Is that his best play though? That's taking a major risk that potentially has him seeking a pardon if he loses next November.

There's something with his tax returns he doesn't want public. Deutsch Bank has said the destruction of his returns and wiping the drive they were on is very unusual. If Rudy goes down I also don't see how Senate continues to stand with him. There are already cracks there and if that dam breaks things will move very quickly. If he's facing removal from office his leverage on a deal with Congress is gone.

He may try to stick things out but it may be best for him to protect himself and go down a martyr than fight.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #19363
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dude is bat shit crazy. Do you really think he does something reasonable like resign?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #19364
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Do we expect any bombshells in Trump's tax returns? I still feel like he's mostly just embarrassed that he doesn't make as much money as he claims.

I'm sure people will sleuth and find suspicious things based on other bits and pieces of information we know, but, I feel like we already have that kind of thing now.

I think it's going to open a can of worms, show massive contradictions between what he reports and what he has said, and possibly allow for anyone who cares to dig into public records and compare them with his records to find a possible treasure trove of loophole usage, questionable accounting, and outright fraud.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #19365
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I'm expecting it to be more embarrassing to him than anything. The worst may be all the Deutch Bank stuff and former SCJ Kennedy's son having a hand in it.

I'd be more shocked he was actually a billionaire.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #19366
Thomkal
Head Coach

State Dept and White House both ordered Amb Yovanovich not to testify today, House Intel Committee issued a subpoena Thursday night as a result, and she testified:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...m_npd_ms_tw_ma
Old 10-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #19367
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Twitter storm coming in 3..2..1..

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/polit...nds/index.html
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #19368
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I bet he is scarfing down on hamerders & KFC right now so he can twitter storm from the toilet soon.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #19369
Thomkal
Head Coach

He's lost three cases already today and counting.

Meanwhile in Syria:

Exclusive: Turkey Bombs US Special Forces in Syria Attack, Apparently by Mistake
Old 10-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #19370
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Glad to see someone over there has some integrity. Unless of course it is for some health related reason. Likely orchestrated by Barr would be my guess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/b...imes&smtyp=cur

Last edited by Lathum : 10-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #19371
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Glad to see someone over there has some integrity. Unless of course it is for some health related reason. Likely orchestrated by Barr would be my guess.

Seems like he wanted out and wanted to start a "new chapter".
Old 10-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #19372
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I bet he is scarfing down on hamerders & KFC right now so he can twitter storm from the toilet soon.

He's going to desperately try to get a trade deal done with China.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #19373
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
He's going to desperately try to get a trade deal done with China.

"Ok, Zing. I can call you Zing right? Listen, Zing, I got a really good proposal, you'll love it, gyna will love it, I'm already in love with it, like my daughter and this deal is hot like my daughter too. I've done deals before but not one like this. This deal is the best, you get money, I get money, it's what we like to call it here outside of the oryent, a win win. You'd be a fool to turn this deal down Zing, all other leaders will be jealous and say why can't I get the deal that Zing got? And I will say, no, this was for my good buddy Zing and Zing only. Ok, what? Oh ok I'll hold..."

Rudy! Hey Rudy!! Bring me the clicker, I want to turn the channel to the golf channel. Hey! How come I have to slap the clicker every time I want it to work? I haven't had to slap something this much since my first ex wife.

"Yes I'm still here Zing. Shoot, fire away. Ok...uh huh...got it got it. Ok I mean yea, we can give you Taiwan, that shouldn't be a problem. I mean we give them so much money and we can just stop doing that like the Kurds, so should be easy. See, this is why I went to you first Zing. I was talking just the other day and telling my people that you knew what a good deal was, best deals really. You have to go now? Ok, should I call you later? No. I'll just text you instead then ok. Oh hey Zing! Koneechee wah! Bye"

Old 10-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #19374
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

The health reason thing has me wondering. He is leaving mid-contract, without the ability to work anywhere else for awhile. If he were fired, it would be different. I wonder if he isn't sick and wants to slide out so he isn't the story.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #19375
JediKooter
Coordinator

I guess if it's broke...don't fix it:

White House accidentally sends Ukraine talking points to Democrats again

I'm beginning to think these are no longer 'accidents'.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #19376
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess if it's broke...don't fix it:

White House accidentally sends Ukraine talking points to Democrats again

I'm beginning to think these are no longer 'accidents'.

After reading the article I think it is more probable than not that the talking points were leaked intentionally.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #19377
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
After reading the article I think it is more probable than not that the talking points were leaked intentionally.

Same here. I keep thinking to myself that there has got to be someone on the inside of this administration that isn't afraid to do the right thing and maybe this is one of them.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #19378
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Same here. I keep thinking to myself that there has got to be someone on the inside of this administration that isn't afraid to do the right thing and maybe this is one of them.

Again, I've only read the snippets from the article posted but I think these were leaked intentionally by the Trump team and not just someone trying to do the right thing.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #19379
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Again, I've only read the snippets from the article posted but I think these were leaked intentionally by the Trump team and not just someone trying to do the right thing.

I'm definitely not holding my breath. When you put it that way, maybe it could be them trying to poison the well and then try to pull the old switcheroo on the dems.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #19380
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Acting Homeland Security Director out to be replaced by another Acting Director next year.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #19381
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Acting Homeland Security Director out to be replaced by another Acting Director next year.

Pretty soon its going to be just Trump and Pence and a bunch of acting staff/cabinet
Old 10-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #19382
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And I should have said, next week.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #19383
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Trump endorses the Turks.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #19384
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
We have always been at war with the Kurds.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #19385
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
We have always been at war with the Kurds.

So many things right now fit in from 1984. It's rather disturbing. It should be an eye opener from history.

Like Steam?

Old 10-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #19386
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
should be an eye opener

For the, maybe, 6,000th time. Any #MAGA types out there listening? That's basically what matters here, right? GOP support? The base? Senators are presumably watching that, so is the administration (lower case out of contempt not ignorance).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #19387
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Good fucking luck trying to figure out our national policies.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #19388
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
For the, maybe, 6,000th time. Any #MAGA types out there listening? That's basically what matters here, right? GOP support? The base? Senators are presumably watching that, so is the administration (lower case out of contempt not ignorance).

Only things they are paying attention to are shocking sudden “revelations” that any and all offspring of any Trump opponents have ties to Ukrainian energy companies.

(I swear it’s always the people from high school who were ass stupid that argue for this guy. I really would like to point out that they have always BEEN ass stupid and remain so, but then I’d be the bad guy.)
Old 10-13-2019, 08:21 PM   #19389
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not a big fan of Trump but I'm afraid there's some hypocrisy going on here.
I do have one question to liberals:

You generally claim that you wanted troops removed from the middle-east. What exactly did you think that would look like?

ETA: I'm not a fan of the backstabbing but there was never going to be a clean exit

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-13-2019 at 08:26 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:35 PM   #19390
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just saying no would have likely stopped Turkey, but at a minimum there needed to be some sort of policy review. Giving Turkey the okay on a phone call without alerting anyone is bound to lead to shitty outcomes.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #19391
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Video of fake Trump shooting members of media shown at Miami resort: report | TheHill
Old 10-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #19392
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

You generally claim that you wanted troops removed from the middle-east. What exactly did you think that would look like?

ETA: I'm not a fan of the backstabbing but there was never going to be a clean exit

I am for pulling troops out, Syria is a lost cause for us. We lost that opportunity to dislodge Assad a while ago.

I'm sure there were multitudes of options but the (seemingly) impromptu way/announcement and leaving proven allies in the lurch isn't right.

More planning, more forewarning it was going to happen sometime, letting the Syrian Kurds some chance to maybe join their brethren in Iraq, maybe training and supplying the Syrian Kurds where they have their own defacto self governing, autonomous region. I'm not sure how real the Kurd threat is to Turkey but one of the obvious quid-pro-quo is Kurds stay in Syria and not do anything in Turkey.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #19393
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

1. Troops have not been removed from the middle east.
2. Decreasing involvement in the middle east doesn't mean it has to be done suddenly without any plan to handle the fallout.
3. There are serious questions about why Trump took this action now that have nothing to do with involvement in the middle east.
4. There are indeed people on the far left who think we should just remove troops immediately from the middle east with no consideration of the consequences, and that kind of shortsighted thinking is one of many reasons I have moved away from the far left over the past decade.
5. Stop saying, "I'm no fan of Trump, but". It means nothing, especially when you're parroting the #1 Trump talking point about this situation.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #19394
PilotMan
Head Coach

The US had a bad rep with the Kurds after the let down from Bush 1 and the gassing they endured from Sadaam. Then you had every President after that essentially protect them fron Turkey with harsh language. We begged them for help, promised not to let them down if they would help despite their misgivings, and now, you have a change in US policy, that abandons them to their deaths again. This goes far and above just getting out of the Middle East. It's a travesty of a foreign policy and a 180 change from previous admins. I don't see how this is suitable as a version of "it had to happen sometime and it was never going to be good, so what's the big deal?"

There are plenty of left leaning people who want to see an active foreign policy that isn't isolationist and doesn't get mired in constant regional conflicts. Afghanistan is still not done, imo.

Like Steam?

Old 10-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #19395
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

Let's state hypocrisy: Moving a 1,000 troops from one area "to get out of the middle east" to move 2,000 troops to Saudi Arabia which *checks a map* is in the middle east.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-14-2019 at 05:56 AM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #19396
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Onion on Twitter: "Jubilant ISIS Prisoners Hail American Liberators https://t.co/nBUjtFIy48… "
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #19397
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Troops aren't being sent home. They are just being told to stand down.

Now he's talking about sanctions on Turkey despite saying they should all just fight it out.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #19398
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Interesting article about the fact we have 50 nukes stored in Turkey while they're firing on American troops. We probably have to remove those real soon.

Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #19399
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Troops aren't being sent home. They are just being told to stand down.

FWIW

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/polit...key/index.html
Quote:
A US official told CNN on Sunday that US Central Command will determine the pace of the withdrawal and it will not happen immediately, but will take place deliberately and could take "days to weeks."

This is a withdrawal plan that was drawn up in February, in case an order was given to pull out American troops, however it is being implemented at a much faster pace than planned.

US troops still on the ground and on the move are receiving military air cover. A source familiar with operations in Syria told CNN that if there is an unauthorized approach on US positions, the American side will first attempt to de-escalate, and if their efforts fail, they are authorized to use deadly force to repel any threat -- whether that is from Turkish forces advancing into Syria or other actors already involved in the Syrian civil war.

Esper did not initially make it entirely clear whether the withdrawal would mean the US troops would be leaving Syria entirely or relocating elsewhere in the country away from where Turkish forces are operating. The Pentagon did not respond to CNN's request Sunday for clarification on the troop withdrawal.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-14-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #19400
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Looks like relocating. No one is coming home.