Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 PM   #19101
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's probably also worth mentioning here that apparently Barr has been traveling the world trying to get dirt to discredit his own agencies and our country's intelligence agency.

And Gorka and Pompeo are travelling tonight together to Italy where Barr is...
Old 10-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #19102
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This. I think revrew's opinion provides too much moral equivalence to groups that would be seen as immoral to most people, i.e. Nazi's and Nazi opposition would have to be presented as morally neutral.

Should it be the reporter's job to cast judgement on who's moral though? Reporters should present facts and leave judgement up to the readers.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #19103
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yes. The job of journalism isn't neutrality or balance, but truth. Saying, Some see Nazis as evil, but others disagree, provides misinformation to readers in the guise of objectivity.

I grant that things get much more challenging with examples not as extreme, but always being neutral produces a bias of its own.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #19104
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I grant that things get much more challenging with examples not as extreme, but always being neutral produces a bias of its own.

And normalizes bad behavior, such as white supremacy marches.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #19105
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Yay 70 years of murderous regime!

Old 10-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #19106
PilotMan
Head Coach

Can you imagine if any D president congratulated a Communist leader on the anniversary of the Communist takeover?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #19107
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm pro-Wall (with holistic immigration reform) but this is going too far. When I read the headlines I thought he was making a joke but it doesn't sound that way in the article.

Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs: NYT | TheHill
Quote:
President Trump suggested having migrants shot in their legs during a March meeting with White House advisers in the Oval Office, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The Times’ report is based on interviews with more than a dozen White House administration officials involved in the events the week of the meeting. The article is adapted from a forthcoming book by reporters Mike Shear and Julie Hirschfield Davis, titled “Border Wars: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration.” It will be published Oct. 8.

The aides told the Times Trump suggested to advisors during the Oval Office meeting that they should shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down.

The suggestion came after Trump had publicly suggested shooting migrants if they threw rocks, the Times reports. Trump had made the suggestion about shooting migrants that threw rocks during a speech in November.

Officials who spoke to the Times also recall Trump often suggesting fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators.

Trump also “wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh,” the Times reports.

When advisors told Trump some of his suggestions were not allowed, he reportedly became frustrated.

“You are making me look like an idiot!” Trump shouted, according to the Times, citing multiple officials in the room’s description. “I ran on this. It’s my issue.”

The meeting was set for 30-minutes and the Times reports it lasted more than an hour. Officials in the room included then Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo

A White House spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #19108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm pro-Wall (with holistic immigration reform) but this is going too far. When I read the headlines I thought he was making a joke but it doesn't sound that way in the article.

Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs: NYT | TheHill

I read the whole article earlier and it shows a staggering level of dysfunction in the White House. Problem is Trump supporters will just yell fake news!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #19109
Atocep
Coordinator

I have no idea how someone so obviously dense and repeatedly displays his stupidity world the world to see has people that believe he's one of the smartest people on the planet.

The mental gymnastics people go through in order to believe this man is actually intelligent is astounding.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-01-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #19110
Flasch186
Coordinator

yet still the frog's bones continue to boil and no one does shit.

Watch the movie Us. This is it. The worst of people has been allowed to be shown (which is good because now we see the truth beneath many people's facades) but once out it'll be very hard to hide them again.

I keep thinking if the Right saw an article where Trump's name was replaced with Kim Jong Un or Turkey's PM they'd be like fuck that guy!! 'Merica but since it's Trump and its here they're like yeah so fuck the rest of the world. This is our guy!! and fuck you and fuck you! He didn't say "though" he didnt say shoot them, you can't believe google or news, fuck news and almost fuck Fox cuz a few hours are not my narrative, fuck them shoot the whistleblower!! TREASON.

It's exhausting for me but they seem to never get exhausted.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #19111
Atocep
Coordinator

And here we go:

Quote:
On Tuesday night, Mr Trump tweeted: “As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!”

Trump calls impeachment probe ‘a coup’ designed to strip citizens of rights in furious Twitter thread | The Independent
Old 10-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #19112
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Psst, the people didn't vote for your ass.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #19113
Atocep
Coordinator

This is probably what sparked that outburst:

Quote:
Two members of the Trump administration have agreed to testify to Congress’ impeachment investigations into the president’s allegedly inappropriate outreach to the leader of Ukraine – apparently rejecting Mike Pompeo’s demand that they not cooperate.

As Mr Trump used Twitter to denounce the whistleblower who has claimed the president asked Ukraine’s president to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, and as the secretary of state accused Democrats of seeking to “intimidate and bully” his employees, two senior members of the state department’s diplomatic staff said they would provide information.

Marie Yovanovitch, the former US ambassador to Ukraine, who was brought back to Washington several months early, will provide a deposition on 11 October.

Meanwhile, Kurt Volker, the former special envoy to Ukraine who resigned from his position last Friday, will appear before the intelligence committee of the House of Representatives on Thursday, committee sources told the US media.

Trump administration officials agree to testify about Ukraine call for impeachment investigation | The Independent
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #19114
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah Atocep and a Inspector-General of the State Dept I believe asked for an emergency briefing with House committees tomorrow on something urgent.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #19115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So it’s not enough simply to impeach and remove. You also have to disqualify as well. Good job, good effort framers.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #19116
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
The job of journalism isn't neutrality or balance, but truth. Saying, Some see Nazis as evil, but others disagree, provides misinformation to readers in the guise of objectivity.

I agree with the first sentence, but the second does not follow from that starting point. If your job is to report truth, then it's about what Nazis stand for and facts about various Nazi groups, not whether they are evil or not. There's a big difference between truth and making value judgements. Similarly, reporting facts about how many people support Nazi ideology is the job of the journalist; saying whether or not those people are correct in doing so is not.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:52 AM   #19117
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Poll: 40 percent of Republicans say Trump 'probably' mentioned Biden on Ukraine call | TheHill

This. This is why this is such an uphill battle. The President has openly admitted to bringing up Biden in the phone call, and the White House released the transcript. Yet, most Republicans believe he didn't bring up Biden. How? Because most Republicans no longer care about the truth in any form. Just "own then libs."

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-02-2019 at 12:16 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #19118
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I agree with the first sentence, but the second does not follow from that starting point. If your job is to report truth, then it's about what Nazis stand for and facts about various Nazi groups, not whether they are evil or not. There's a big difference between truth and making value judgements. Similarly, reporting facts about how many people support Nazi ideology is the job of the journalist; saying whether or not those people are correct in doing so is not.

I disagree, simply put journalism has to have some sort of value system built into it. It can't be a black and white line, it never has been. I don't think humans are even capable of it. The first papers in this country were basically 100% editorial, and they helped shape attitudes of the day. You cannot remove the value judgements away, but they shouldn't be the end all, be all, of it either.

Like Steam?

Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #19119
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I disagree, simply put journalism has to have some sort of value system built into it. It can't be a black and white line, it never has been. I don't think humans are even capable of it. The first papers in this country were basically 100% editorial, and they helped shape attitudes of the day. You cannot remove the value judgements away, but they shouldn't be the end all, be all, of it either.

Before my wife ran her school paper, she wrote a lot of articles on the sports teams. The professor that over saw everything kept on telling her she had to have an angle. My wife would get frustrated because she was covering XYZ game, her angle was providing a game recap. As she put it, if she was writing an editorial, you have an angle or argument you promoting, if you are recounting an event, you recount the event minimizing your personal bias about the event.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:07 AM   #19120
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Moat filled with alligators and snakes?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 AM   #19121
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Moat filled with alligators and snakes?

It's like Cartman from South Park is now the president*.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:50 AM   #19122
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

From a real Trump tweet:

Quote:
Now the press is trying to sell the fact that I wanted a Moot stuffed with alligators and snakes, with an electrified fence and sharp spikes on top, at our Southern Border. I may be tough on Border Security, but not that tough. The press has gone Crazy. Fake News!
Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #19123
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ah I see no Moot, but a Moat...
Old 10-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #19124
Kodos
Resident Alien

It may be a Moot point.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #19125
JediKooter
Coordinator

Maybe he's secretly Canadian?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #19126
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
It's like Cartman is now the president*.

I will serve with humility and distinction
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #19127
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I will serve with humility and distinction

But do you like hamberders?

Old 10-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #19128
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah Atocep and a Inspector-General of the State Dept I believe asked for an emergency briefing with House committees tomorrow on something urgent.

Early reporting on this is that it may be in part Pompeo threatening discipline if State Dept employees cooperated with Congress.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #19129
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
But do you like hamberders?

don't you put that covfefe on me
Old 10-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #19130
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
don't you put that covfefe on me

Well, you know what they say...where's there's smock, there's covfefe.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:47 AM   #19131
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You guys can't carry Trump's blankstrap.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #19132
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Before my wife ran her school paper, she wrote a lot of articles on the sports teams. The professor that over saw everything kept on telling her she had to have an angle. My wife would get frustrated because she was covering XYZ game, her angle was providing a game recap. As she put it, if she was writing an editorial, you have an angle or argument you promoting, if you are recounting an event, you recount the event minimizing your personal bias about the event.

Like for example, the "Boston Massacre"?

Like Steam?

Old 10-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #19133
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
You guys can't carry Trump's blankstrap.

Gives new meaning to, 'Drain the swamp'.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #19134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ya know, whether there was actual removal from office level wrongdoing here, or if this is just another attempt from the left to remove Trump by any means necessary is becoming rapidly irrelevant. His descent into total crazy is far more concerning than a phone call.

How has this guy not been medically diagnosed with some sort of mental instability? You could make an easier case than this whole Ukraine mess by arguing his mental competency to hold office.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #19135
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Ya know, whether there was actual removal from office level wrongdoing here, or if this is just another attempt from the left to remove Trump by any means necessary is becoming rapidly irrelevant. His descent into total crazy is far more concerning than a phone call.

How has this guy not been medically diagnosed with some sort of mental instability? You could make an easier case than this whole Ukraine mess by arguing his mental competency to hold office.

His multiple attempts at obstructing justice should have been enough, but, when you have a complicit senate, a staff that are nothing but 'yes men', an attorney general that's nothing more than a consigliere and have stacked the courts, well, here we are...I highly doubt that they are concerned with the mental competency of President* Big Brain.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #19136
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
His multiple attempts at obstructing justice should have been enough, but, when you have a complicit senate, a staff that are nothing but 'yes men', an attorney general that's nothing more than a consigliere and have stacked the courts, well, here we are...I highly doubt that they are concerned with the mental competency of President* Big Brain.

I have had my brain checked by doctors. Good respected doctors. The BEST doctors. The doctors tell me my brain is fine. Its better than fine. In fact the doctors tell me I have the best brain they have ever seen. It will last at least another 100 years they tell me. My brain is great. Its perfect. Its better than it was when I was 25.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #19137
Kodos
Resident Alien

My visit with the doctor was perfect. That's what everybody said.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #19138
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Let's say Trump went to the doctor and major brain trauma was found, would anyone here actually start feeling sorry for him?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-02-2019 at 03:27 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #19139
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Let's say Trump went to the doctor and major brain trauma was found, would anyone here actually start feeling sorry for him?

Maybe I would for him, but his staff and medical team who had to know by now that something was wrong with him and did nothing? I'd feel sorry for the firestorm about to be unleashed on them, but they would deserve it.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-02-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #19140
Thomkal
Head Coach

Now a Dem Representative had a press conference saying the IG briefed them on an attempt by Trump and Pompeo to spread misinformation and conspiracy theories about the Ambassador to Ukraine due to testify next week and political opponemts-there were envelopes from the Trump Hotel in the packet supposedly.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #19141
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I have had my brain checked by doctors. Good respected doctors. The BEST doctors. The doctors tell me my brain is fine. Its better than fine. In fact the doctors tell me I have the best brain they have ever seen. It will last at least another 100 years they tell me. My brain is great. Its perfect. Its better than it was when I was 25.

If the punctuation wasn't so good, it would be like I was reading this from the horses mouth.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #19142
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Easily. I already knew who Trump was, be it due to brain damage or just being utterly reprobate and a dummy. It’s those with the power to have stopped this who stood by and watched with whom I have beef. I knew he was a snake.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #19143
Atocep
Coordinator

You assume everyone in Trump's orbit is dirty, but Pompeo somehow stayed under the radar as far as just how dirty he is.

Also, Pence is doing his best to position himself as President Pence. He's admitted he had some involvement in the Ukraine plot, but didn't have any knowledge of what was actually going on. If you're forced to claim you didn't know what was going on you're kind of admitting something wrong was happening.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #19144
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Absolutely. I don't like how we so easily cheer when things happen to people we don't like. I know how terrifying the idea of dementia is to me, so being happy that someone else is suffering from it just sounds like a truly horrible thing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #19145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

No.

He was always a POS. From rent discrimination to the central park 5 to what he pulled with the Taj Mahal he has ruined countless lives and never once even acted contrite. A close family friend was screwed by him, losing tens of thousands of dollars in pianos at the Taj, and there are several others like him. He is also a shitty husband and father.

I hope when he dies it is painful for him and his family of shitbags.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #19146
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump just told the press that Ukraine and China should investigate the Bidens.

I guess we're past all of the "he didn't do it" takes?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #19147
PilotMan
Head Coach

We're quickly blanching into the "I can do it, it's fine, it's only to protect myself and all the attacks I'm under, and I'm going to do it, and it's legal and by saying it's fine, people will believe it's completely fine" line of defense where others will be blamed and that makes it ok for him to 'fight back' yet again. In fact, that's really the only defense I hear now (OMG, He's just being treated to badly, and omg, it's so not fair, and this has never happened before, and those people are just awful), besides the brainwashed few who believe him to be the best leader since Washington.

Like Steam?

Old 10-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #19148
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If everything comes in 3s, what is #3?

1. Snake and Alligator filled most
2. Retweeting Nickelback Photoshopped meme of the Bidens

#3 almost has to involve OJ Simpson ?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #19149
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If everything comes in 3s, what is #3?

1. Snake and Alligator filled most
2. Retweeting Nickelback Photoshopped meme of the Bidens

#3 almost has to involve OJ Simpson ?

soldiers with bayonets all along the border?

Like Steam?

Old 10-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #19150
cartman
Death Herald

Remember, he publicly stated that he thinks Article II of the Constitution says he can do whatever he wants.