Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #1851
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Any interest in an MMA picks type thing here?

I'd be in.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #1852
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Any interest in an MMA picks type thing here?

me too
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #1853
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lytle vs Serra II at 119.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #1854
Flasch186
Coordinator

me 3

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #1855
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, I would.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #1856
dervack
College Prospect

Brock vs Cain at 121 in California
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #1857
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

No reaction to Fedor?

Did you guys not hear? I myself did not even notice his fight with Werdum already happened, let alone that he got subbed. Still a pretty big upset/ interesting turn of events for such a top fighter. I've been thinking that Silva is due to be upset just because of his age.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #1858
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk View Post
No reaction to Fedor?

Um, it happened two weeks ago and there is reaction to it in this thread.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #1859
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Ive been travelling for the last two weeks and totally missed that. I liked Melitich's quote.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #1860
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

NO SPEAK ENGLISH THANK YOU
Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #1862
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Jon Jones was hella impressive
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #1863
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, that was absolutely ridiculous against a guy who is a decent vet and a pretty damn good wrestler.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #1865
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Jones will never win the LHW title in UFC. This kid is going to be fighting at HW in a year or so. They said he was walking around at 231 a month ago. He is finally a full time MMA fighter so with all the extra training he has at his disposal he will just continue to get bigger.

He is going to be a monster when he fills out and really develops some more experience.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #1866
samifan24
Pro Starter

Does Bones Jones get a title shot after that performance?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #1867
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Does Bones Jones get a title shot after that performance?

Nope. Dana said it'll be like 3 more fights after this, though that is debatable.

As of now, it's Shogun/Rashad, then that winner facing the winner of Machida/Rampage. You also have Lil Nog vs Bader, with the winner being ahead of him.

I think if Hamil beats Tito, we'll get Jones/Hamil II so Jones can avenge his DQ then we'll get Jones vs Randy or Jones vs Forrest.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #1868
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Jones is just scary. We may still be waiting for him to get hit cleanly 10 years from now.

Fabricio Werdum awaits him.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #1869
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Gah. I was watching the rerun last night and i fell asleep before the Jones fight.

Grrrrr
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #1870
Huckleberry
College Starter

Celebrity Video | TMZ.com

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #1871
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post

I'm not sure who it was stomping the guy in the face after Huerta knocked him out, but I wish they wouldn't have stopped. Guy was probably roid raging, and he takes a swing at a chick and knocks her out? Is that really the way to prove how masculine you are? And then you get your head smoked by a guy that looks to a foot shorter than you AND about a hundred pounds lighter than you?

I mean if you are going to beat women in public you have to expect to have your teeth knocked in. I see nothing wrong with what Huerta did here.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #1872
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Um, that's Huerta doing the stomping.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #1873
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Okay, probably should've went through today's MMA news before saying that ...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #1874
molson
General Manager

I really like the idea of MMA fighters roaming the streets delivering justice. It's probably the closest thing we'll ever come to super-heroes.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #1875
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I really like the idea of MMA fighters roaming the streets delivering justice. It's probably the closest thing we'll ever come to super-heroes.

Yes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #1876
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Through two rounds, Sonnen is taking Silva to school. Never seen Silva hit so many times.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #1877
spleen1015
Coordinator

It is fun to watch!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #1878
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Through 3 rounds, Silva's gonna have to knock him out.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #1879
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

..Through 4 rounds
Old 08-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #1880
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sonnen tapped hah
Old 08-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #1881
spleen1015
Coordinator

No fucking way
Old 08-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #1882
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you won't get me to believe that was not fixed.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #1883
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sonnen fucked himself over there. He should have laid and prayed the rest of that round.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #1884
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Still can't believe what I just saw.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #1885
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

First Lesnar gets his ass beat, then comes back to beat Carwin. Then Silva gets his ass beat for 24 minutes, and then pulls it out in the 25th minute.

Wow.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #1886
PilotMan
Head Coach

Phil Davis with another dominating win tonight. He is a rising star for sure. I imagine that might have seen the last of Dustin Hazlett. His loss tonight on the heels of his KO loss to Paul Daley are going to make it hard for him to get back to the title contenders. I am really disgusted that Silva found a way to win that fight. It would have been so much more interesting with Sonnen as the champ, at least for a little while.

Like Steam?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #1888
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just stupid by Chael. Basically threw away the title and a chance at some serious fame and endorsement potential by backing up his pre-fight talk. He put himself in dangerous positions all night (Silva had good attempts at a kimura, heel hook, and several armbars and triangles) then instead of riding out the 5th round of a fight he dominated he just hands the win to Silva. Too bad. I wanted to see Asshole Silva get beaten unconscious for his constant disrespect of opponents and sport alike.

Give Matt Hughes his props. Almeida was lining him up and Hughes hit a solid counterpunch and dove into a perfect head and arm/anaconda hybrid choke.

as much as i aggre with pretty much everything you say, gotta give Silva some credit for going over to sonnen after the fight, and kneeling down in front of him with his black belt between them....thats an ultimate show of respect

also, i streamed the fight online, and i guess one of the guys in the chat spoke portugese...the translations that silva's guy gave in the post fight interview were not even close to what anderson really said.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #1889
spleen1015
Coordinator

Did anyone ever get the sense that Sonnen hurt Silva? It never seemed like Silva was ever really hurt to me. When he hit him with what the announcers thought were big shots, it didn't seem like to me that he was all that effected by them. I saw Silva just putting up with it until he found an opening.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 08-08-2010 at 08:48 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #1890
AlexB
Pro Starter

Great fight! Thought Sonnen hurt Silva with the punch on their feet in the first, but other than that no, I don't think Silva was hurt by Sonnen.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #1891
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Tell me more.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #1894
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Quote:
Tell me more.

He obviously won't.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #1895
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
There were two times where Silva did nothing but eat 8-10 punches in a row with no attempt at defense where I thought the fight should have been stopped.

lol.. seriously?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #1896
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Great fight! Thought Sonnen hurt Silva with the punch on their feet in the first, but other than that no, I don't think Silva was hurt by Sonnen.

Yeah... he was never bleeding (which is amazing given how many direct blasts he took in the first round)... Sonnen was very much getting diminishing returns. He OWNED the first round, less so the second, less so the third, etc... Anderson actually blasted him a few times in the 4th both standing and from the bottom.

Was just a great demonstration of how one mistake against a top fighter can totally screw you.

He deserves a rematch, and I can't imagine he wont get it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #1897
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Seemed like Sonnen could have finished the fight in the first or third rounds if he knew any submissions at all. Silva got very lucky. There were two times where Silva did nothing but eat 8-10 punches in a row with no attempt at defense where I thought the fight should have been stopped. Silva was hurt repeatedly and got his ass handed to him.
i would agree with this too...there were a couple spots where i think if it had not been a title fight, it would have been stopped, although the camera angles were pretty tight and we dont know if Anderson was doing anything with his body....if he is trying to pop his hips or get inside the guard to push off, that counts as intelligently defending even if he is getting his face caved in.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #1898
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't think so. Silva took a number of shots, none of them were really big. He was stunned early on and again later on, but he never looked hurt. I mean really hurt. He took a few unanswered shots, but nothing big. He covered up when the ref told him to do something or else. He never panicked during the fight and kept his head. I really never got the impression that Silva was ever in serious trouble. And this from a guy who wanted to see Silva lose.

Like Steam?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #1899
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I don't think so. Silva took a number of shots, none of them were really big. He was stunned early on and again later on, but he never looked hurt. I mean really hurt. He took a few unanswered shots, but nothing big. He covered up when the ref told him to do something or else. He never panicked during the fight and kept his head. I really never got the impression that Silva was ever in serious trouble. And this from a guy who wanted to see Silva lose.

Your definition of serious trouble must be different than mine. I suppose if you're talking serious trouble as in "knocked the F- out", then, yeah, outside of being stunned some in the first round and a little about in the subsequent rounds, he was okay, not bleeding, not close to being out cold.

But with respect to how that fight was going, Silva was in some very serious trouble. That fight was as good as done unless he pulled a submission or knockout out of his ass (which he did).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #1900
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, in that regard, certainly. Obviously he needed a stoppage to win the fight, but besides that he was never hurt to where he couldn't defend himself or where he was in actual danger where the ref would have to step in to keep him from being seriously hurt. That's what I was referring to. He was in serious trouble because he got his ass handed to him for 23 and a half minutes.

Like Steam?