Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #1851
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

For anyone else that is running the 2.2.4 version, under a coach's history are you seeing his post-season listed as "left midseason"?

Every coach in my universe shows that in their post-season column for the two completed seasons I've done in my current career on the 2.2.4 .exe.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #1852
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Doh http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v225.exe will fix that.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #1853
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the quick turnaround Brian!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #1854
britrock88
Pro Starter

The latest build does not password-protect a team's recruiting page in MP mode.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1855
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Just a note on the season flip. When the file flips, the injury dates don't advance any. So if you have a guy injured for one day, you can then force a redshirt on him when he normally wouldn't take one. So all injuries from April's final game til June don't count.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #1856
bryce
High School Varsity

I LOVE this game, but there's one thing I've noticed that started happening about 5-10 builds ago - you know how the individual defensive pressure defaults to High for your starters at the outset of a game? If I change that to Normal before the tip, those changes don't take place. So I wait for the first deal ball, then make the changes to Normal, and those do take effect. So it seems like it has something to do with entering the game in play-by-play mode but before the actual game starts.

Actually, now that I think about it, another thing along those same lines: my depth chart never seems to flow to the game. For example, right now my C and PF are always switched. So my C in my depth chart becomes my PF in the game, and my PF in my depth chart becomes my C when I start a game. It's not just those two positions, though. In previous seasons it's been other positions that flip. Not a big deal since I coach every game, so I just make the switch before tip, but it also started happening at the same time as the previous issue, about 5-10 builds ago.

(I know, I probably should have mentioned it at the time, but these are such minor issues I didn't want to sound burdensome.)

Ok, one more minor request since I'm on it. How hard would it be to have a button on the depth chart screen that makes every player eligible at every position? This is 100% cosmetic since it takes all of 25 seconds to click on every position for every player, but if it's easy to program, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for all the hard work and constant attention. I saw the thread about a pro game coming to fruition - I'll be buying that for sure! I bought Gary's pro game a few months ago, but he was never interested in fixing any issue anyone brought up. I still don't think the game is playable in fact, but I will admit I gave up trying once I discovered FBCB2. Buying a text sim really is the same as buying into the programmer.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #1857
hollmt
High School Varsity

Brians support he offers for his games is what makes the people devoted to him and his games so much. It is one thing to make a game good, but another thing altogether to support it continuously and not gripe and moan about it when people offer suggestions, even if just little ones.

Go to sleep Brian..I see you lurking in this thread
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #1858
Sweet16
n00b

Hello all. Here is my first post. I'm a retired programmer and I pretty much spend all day every day playing FBCB2, so obviously it is my favorite past time since buying it a few weeks ago. I've tried coming up with something like this a couple of times but didnt stick with it. Since I feel like somebody else did my work for me, I appreciate the excellent product and excellent support.

I have two questions:

1) I coach every game. Does anyone else feel that the free throw rebounds are skewed too much to the offense? I cant find stats to prove it, but from watching and playing in a great bunch of games, I'd say there are too many FT rebounds going to the offense and of those, too many result in tip-ins, dunks, and rebounds by the FT shooter. Maybe the same code used for field rebounds is used here.

2) Is there some way to show how well the players are doing defensively? Steals and blocks are rare, as are occasional drawing of charges and 5-sec violations. I'd like to see some stat that indicates how often a player performed well or poorly on defensive opportunities so I can have the same info as a coach watching the game.

Last edited by Sweet16 : 06-20-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: trying to create paragraphs
Sweet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #1859
inranger
n00b

Just ran across a problem Brian, I'm getting a "runtime 9 - subscript out of range" error. I was just starting a new season, and noticed that there were no preseason tourneys scheduled. On the hotseat page, I tried to sim to my first game and got the error. Any idea what is going on here?
inranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #1860
Illini Boy
n00b

I have one question, but it is extremely important to whether or not I will buy this game. Can conferences have any amount of teams? (IE Big East with 17, Great West with 5)

Thanks,
Illini
Illini Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #1861
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet16 View Post
Hello all. Here is my first post. I'm a retired programmer and I pretty much spend all day every day playing FBCB2, so obviously it is my favorite past time since buying it a few weeks ago. I've tried coming up with something like this a couple of times but didnt stick with it. Since I feel like somebody else did my work for me, I appreciate the excellent product and excellent support. I have two questions: 1) I coach every game. Does anyone else feel that the free throw rebounds are skewed too much to the offense? I cant find stats to prove it, but from watching and playing in a great bunch of games, I'd say there are too many FT rebounds going to the offense and of those, too many result in tip-ins, dunks, and rebounds by the FT shooter. Maybe the same code used for field rebounds is used here. 2) Is there some way to show how well the players are doing defensively? Steals and blocks are rare, as are occasional drawing of charges and 5-sec violations. I'd like to see some stat that indicates how often a player performed well or poorly on defensive opportunities so I can have the same info as a coach watching the game.

Welcome! Good to have another retiree on the site. I'm glad you're enjoying FBCB2, it takes up much of my non-wife directed free time, too.

I'll try to give you some tips from how I play the game, but I have a very different playing style from you for all sports sims: I never play out the games. My reasoning is that all too often coaching the game gives the player (me) options that the AI does not have and makes the game too easy for me. Fast simming allows me to look only at the overall stats and decide if they are true to life. Thus the FT rebound issue never comes up for me, because I don't know it exists. I am, therefore, happy.

As to defense, I go by the +/- ratings and the perimeter and inside defense attributes, which Brian has said are accurate on your own team (if not all, I don't remember). If there is a discrepancy between what I'm expecting and the +/-s then I tweak my defense. Essentially, I play MtM with two others in the mix after I've played a few seasons and can get three up to the high 90s quickly. I can't tell, without more analysis, but I think this has a decent impact on the results I see.

I judge the team shooting percentage, turnovers and points allowed to see if everyone is doing their job. I don't expect a scorer to throttle his man on D, rather to do what he should do: outscore him. I leave the inside D to one or two players (one if the other is one of my scorers).

Overall, I try to get my team to play enough defense to match the style and talents of the players I have. Normally I try to have a smothering defense, but in FBCB2 I have not tried to do that as much and have added scorers as often as D and rebounding for more balanced teams.

Anyway, keep having fun.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1862
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Boy View Post
I have one question, but it is extremely important to whether or not I will buy this game. Can conferences have any amount of teams? (IE Big East with 17, Great West with 5)

Thanks,
Illini

Fortunately for you, the answer is YES. I don't remember the exact range, but I'll find that for you and edit in the numbers.

EDIT: conferences can have 2-20 teams.

Last edited by britrock88 : 06-18-2011 at 10:35 AM.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1863
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Brian, odd bug I've noticed occur a few times recently. Definitely has happened in the 2.2.5 patch, I think it might have happened in the 2.2.4 patch as well. I'll see if I can cause it to happen in my current career again, but the basic issue is this:

- When in the Team Schedule phase, I've had instances where I've proposed a number of games, then tried to cancel one of those invites only to find that multiple game invites were canceled, and the teams I'd tried to schedule with no longer listed as available on any date

I'll try to get a more concrete repro for you.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #1864
Illini Boy
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Fortunately for you, the answer is YES. I don't remember the exact range, but I'll find that for you and edit in the numbers.

EDIT: conferences can have 2-20 teams.

Thanks! That is fantastic news! I will probably end up buying this game very shortly.

Thanks,
Illini
Illini Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #1865
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I thought the "Unhappy" while on academic suspension issue had been fixed and no longer occured. However, in my new save under 2.5, a freshman was on academic suspension the first quarter (and dropped into the last slot) and is now "Unhappy"
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #1866
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I thought the "Unhappy" while on academic suspension issue had been fixed and no longer occured. However, in my new save under 2.5, a freshman was on academic suspension the first quarter (and dropped into the last slot) and is now "Unhappy"

I kind of like it like that. In real life that could make a guy unhappy and wanting to transfer as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #1867
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Or was it "Unhappy" while injured that was fixed? I could not find it in this thread.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1868
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
I LOVE this game, but there's one thing I've noticed that started happening about 5-10 builds ago - you know how the individual defensive pressure defaults to High for your starters at the outset of a game? If I change that to Normal before the tip, those changes don't take place. So I wait for the first deal ball, then make the changes to Normal, and those do take effect. So it seems like it has something to do with entering the game in play-by-play mode but before the actual game starts.

Actually, now that I think about it, another thing along those same lines: my depth chart never seems to flow to the game. For example, right now my C and PF are always switched. So my C in my depth chart becomes my PF in the game, and my PF in my depth chart becomes my C when I start a game. It's not just those two positions, though. In previous seasons it's been other positions that flip. Not a big deal since I coach every game, so I just make the switch before tip, but it also started happening at the same time as the previous issue, about 5-10 builds ago.

(I know, I probably should have mentioned it at the time, but these are such minor issues I didn't want to sound burdensome.)

Ok, one more minor request since I'm on it. How hard would it be to have a button on the depth chart screen that makes every player eligible at every position? This is 100% cosmetic since it takes all of 25 seconds to click on every position for every player, but if it's easy to program, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for all the hard work and constant attention. I saw the thread about a pro game coming to fruition - I'll be buying that for sure! I bought Gary's pro game a few months ago, but he was never interested in fixing any issue anyone brought up. I still don't think the game is playable in fact, but I will admit I gave up trying once I discovered FBCB2. Buying a text sim really is the same as buying into the programmer.

Could you tell me the build number you are using? I've checked the defensive pressure with the current build and it seems to be sticking if I change it before tipoff. I'm assuming the position switches you are seeing are on the matchups section? When you go to strategy the PF will be listed as guarding the C and vice versa?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #1869
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by inranger View Post
Just ran across a problem Brian, I'm getting a "runtime 9 - subscript out of range" error. I was just starting a new season, and noticed that there were no preseason tourneys scheduled. On the hotseat page, I tried to sim to my first game and got the error. Any idea what is going on here?

If you zip your save and send it to [email protected] I'll take a look at it. It almost sounds like the previous save didn't complete.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #1870
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Hey Brian, odd bug I've noticed occur a few times recently. Definitely has happened in the 2.2.5 patch, I think it might have happened in the 2.2.4 patch as well. I'll see if I can cause it to happen in my current career again, but the basic issue is this:

- When in the Team Schedule phase, I've had instances where I've proposed a number of games, then tried to cancel one of those invites only to find that multiple game invites were canceled, and the teams I'd tried to schedule with no longer listed as available on any date

I'll try to get a more concrete repro for you.

Found it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #1871
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

It was fixed so that most players won't be affected but a small percentage can still become unhappy.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #1872
Sweet16
n00b

Quote:
Welcome! Good to have another retiree on the site. I'm glad you're enjoying FBCB2, it takes up much of my non-wife directed free time, too.

Thanks for the welcome and tips. I coach each game for the same reason you dont: I want an extra edge against the AI. I only take full control with a lead late in the game so I can put in my better defenders and FT shooters, which the AI doesnt seem to do. Plus, I sometimes see an exciting game.

I'm looking forward to the pro version.
Sweet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #1873
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Found it.
Cool - I tried to repro it this weekend, but no dice.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #1874
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Could you tell me the build number you are using? I've checked the defensive pressure with the current build and it seems to be sticking if I change it before tipoff. I'm assuming the position switches you are seeing are on the matchups section? When you go to strategy the PF will be listed as guarding the C and vice versa?

I'm using 2.2.5. The switches are actually in the Subs section (matchups, too, but I understand that's the coaching assistant probably making recommendations?) I'll email you the two screenshots if that helps (one of depth chart and one of lineup right before tipoff)... Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #1875
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ok, I found what causes the positions to switch. When two starters were eligible to play each other's positions the game would switch them if it believed their combined ratings were higher at the opposite positions. I set it so this code won't override starting positions anymore. I'm still not able to recreate the issue with the defensive pressure changing. I remember an issue with those settings not saving that I fixed around 2.1.25 or so. I don't see it in the notes but I remember doing it when I redid the matchup code. Could you confirm it is still happening on the current build in your save?

Last edited by HeavyReign : 06-21-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #1876
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v226.exe

Version 2.2.6
Fixes:
*Team recruiting area should require team password during the offseason period.
*Injuries should heal in between the end of the season and the start of the scheduling period.
*Defense matchups won't be adjusted by the computer until tipoff occurs
*Multiple game proposals should no longer be cancelled if you cancel just one.
*If two starters are eligible to play each other's positions, they will play the positions in which they are starting even if the game rates them better at the opposite positions.

Changes:
*Added the option to store custom default league files that can be selected at the start of a new game. The first time you run the game with the new build a folder called "defaultleagues" will be created inside the data folder for the game. To store a custom default league create a new folder inside the defaultleagues folder with the name of the custom league file. Place the custom teams.csv, tourneys.csv, and conf.csv files inside this folder. You can also include custom FBCB.ini and Height.ini files if you want to use special modifiers for the custom league. To locate the data folder for the game, goto tools > edit default league > open folder.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #1877
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Changes:
*Added the option to store custom default league files that can be selected at the start of a new game. The first time you run the game with the new build a folder called "defaultleagues" will be created inside the data folder for the game. To store a custom default league create a new folder inside the defaultleagues folder with the name of the custom league file. Place the custom teams.csv, tourneys.csv, and conf.csv files inside this folder. You can also include custom FBCB.ini and Height.ini files if you want to use special modifiers for the custom league. To locate the data folder for the game, goto tools > edit default league > open folder.

So if I read this right I can make my own league and edit. Been waiting for this. Want to make a 1990 league (I think the year before big conferences started) and just been putting it off. Just been scared to mess with the original file.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #1878
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, I found what causes the positions to switch. When two starters were eligible to play each other's positions the game would switch them if it believed their combined ratings were higher at the opposite positions. I set it so this code won't override starting positions anymore. I'm still not able to recreate the issue with the defensive pressure changing. I remember an issue with those settings not saving that I fixed around 2.1.25 or so. I don't see it in the notes but I remember doing it when I redid the matchup code. Could you confirm it is still happening on the current build in your save?

I noticed it still happening in 2.2.5, but I just fired up 2.2.6 and made a change in the pressure prior to tip and it took effect like I wanted it to. Since this is an all likelihood my last game of the season (as 14-seed Alabama St vs mighty 3-seed Kentucky), it might be a bit before I get rolling in my next season, but I'll definitely check at that point...

Thanks for fixing the lineup issue!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #1879
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
So if I read this right I can make my own league and edit. Been waiting for this. Want to make a 1990 league (I think the year before big conferences started) and just been putting it off. Just been scared to mess with the original file.

You currently still have to do the editing either manually or with the default league editor and then transfer the files to the new folder. This basically adds a storage location for custom default leagues that have been created that you can choose while starting a new game. I could possibly look at making it possible to export default league files from an active game as well.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #1880
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Is anyone out there using a coaches file to attempt to recreate the current coaches out there? Daunting task I'm sure to try to rate all of the 300+ head coaches and their assistants, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has tried doing so...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #1881
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Is anyone out there using a coaches file to attempt to recreate the current coaches out there? Daunting task I'm sure to try to rate all of the 300+ head coaches and their assistants, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has tried doing so...

Honestly, the real problem is all the changes. Up until about 2 months ago Mike Anderson was a 100/100/100/100, and suddenly he's a 20/10/10/20 coach. That's just too hard to keep up with...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #1882
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Honestly, the real problem is all the changes. Up until about 2 months ago Mike Anderson was a 100/100/100/100, and suddenly he's a 20/10/10/20 coach. That's just too hard to keep up with...
Gold!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #1883
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

Wait a minute! I didn't know there was ass hurt Missouri fans on here. Get over it already. He wasn't going to be Norm Stewart. At least he left the Pressey kids behind.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #1884
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You currently still have to do the editing either manually or with the default league editor and then transfer the files to the new folder. This basically adds a storage location for custom default leagues that have been created that you can choose while starting a new game. I could possibly look at making it possible to export default league files from an active game as well.

Yeah, haven't even begun to start looking at how I could do it, but it's a project I've had in mind. I was going to use that decade to set the prestige of the teams and conferences. Just too lazy to start on it.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #1885
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Wait a minute! I didn't know there was ass hurt Missouri fans on here. Get over it already. He wasn't going to be Norm Stewart. At least he left the Pressey kids behind.

ohhhh you have no idea
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #1886
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I've thought about doing a coaches file but struggled figuring out how to accurately rate them. I was thinking I could use Kenpom's site but I never got a good scale to work with, I should explore again. I'd really like to do a roster file for the upcoming season but there isn't a good way to do it because the game imports roster to far from the default rosters and the stats get a little wacky.

Last edited by Balldog : 06-22-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #1887
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I've thought about doing a coaches file but struggled figuring out how to accurately rate them. I was thinking I could use Kenpom's site but I never got a good scale to work with, I should explore again. I'd really like to do a roster file for the upcoming season but there isn't a good way to do it because the game imports roster to far from the default rosters and the stats get a little wacky.
Yeah, I started to think about doing one, then quickly remembered how many teams there are and the difficulty of trying to rate all of them in the various categories and decided to see if someone else had tried to tackle it...

Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #1888
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

This should get you started on a 1990 file:

http://www.fbbgames.com/fbcb/custom/1990.zip

The teams and conferences are all set up. You mainly just need to adjust team and conference prestiges. Make a 1990 folder inside the new default leagues folder and place these files there. Then select 1990 under the new League File listing on the new game screen to start a new game.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #1889
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

The teams and conferences are all set up. You mainly just need to adjust team and conference prestiges. Make a 1990 folder inside the new default leagues folder and place these files there. Then select 1990 under the new League File listing on the new game screen to start a new game.

Sweet!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #1890
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hmmm. Anyone know where to find historical alignments of division 1 conferences? Would be interesting mapping all the changes year-to-year, especially now that we can add conferences and things in the offseason.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #1891
Groundhog
Coordinator

Also HR, a pretty minor cosmetic thing, but if I had a list of say countries, cities, and country-specific names, would it ever be likely to get this included into the recruit generation data in FBCB to spruce up the foreign guys a little?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #1892
Balldog
Pro Rookie

This is a list of teams coming and going from D1
NCAA Men's Division I Basketball alignment history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #1893
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Hmmm. Anyone know where to find historical alignments of division 1 conferences? Would be interesting mapping all the changes year-to-year, especially now that we can add conferences and things in the offseason.

Now that I didn't think of. I have the historical D-1 entry dates, but I didn't consider matching the historical alignment path. I just grew it organically.

Which reminds me, I need to get back to it at some point. Maybe after I get EHM'ed out.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #1894
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I was going to use this to show mapping of conferences.

1989-90 Season Summary | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Not sure what you can do with schools disappearing.

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 06-23-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #1895
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'll look at it this weekend. Too much real work in the way right now. Thanks for the start.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #1896
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

This list is missing at least one school. Central Arkansas isn't on there and I've got them in Radii's league.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #1897
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Worked on the 1990 file last night. Few notes. I think there are 4 conferences where the tourney bids have to be turned off(I know Big 10 and Pac-10 are two of them). There was 2 confrences where the amount of conf games was off I think. I changed the Big 8 tourney to a 8 team format instead of top 2 getting byes til the semis. I think I adjusted some conference prestiges. But a great tool to start with HR. I appreciate it more than you know.

I got tired of entering nicknames somewhere in the C's. Also have to adjust team prestiges but trying to decide on what slice of years to determine that (I'm thinking 10 year history). I'll probably do head coaches next and not sure if I'll do players yet.

My question this morning is if I change prestige for the teams, does a generated league reflect rosters to give them that prestige. For example, I make American a 99 prestige and open a new league. I assume the game creates random opening day rosters based off prestige since a fictional world would have nothing to go off of. So American would have a roster like Duke in the default league (Or someone that good). Was just sitting here thinking about it. Damn file corrupting my mind, I got actual work to do.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #1898
bryce
High School Varsity

FYI, I've moved into a new season and the defensive pressure changes that I make before tip are now taking hold, so all is well there. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #1899
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My question this morning is if I change prestige for the teams, does a generated league reflect rosters to give them that prestige. For example, I make American a 99 prestige and open a new league. I assume the game creates random opening day rosters based off prestige since a fictional world would have nothing to go off of. So American would have a roster like Duke in the default league (Or someone that good). Was just sitting here thinking about it. Damn file corrupting my mind, I got actual work to do.

Yes, if you give American a 99 prestige they will be rated similar to Duke.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #1900
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Also HR, a pretty minor cosmetic thing, but if I had a list of say countries, cities, and country-specific names, would it ever be likely to get this included into the recruit generation data in FBCB to spruce up the foreign guys a little?

I'm sure I could make the game look for data for more countries and allow the option to specify how often those countries are used.