Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #1851
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wow. really??

VOTE EAGLEFAN

How thick are you? It's simple logic. If henry ends up being the traitor and has presented the same list that you have (which is not correct as only 2 of the 4 you listed are the same so that throws that out the door) than how much can that list be trusted (unless you think the traitor is going to give us the actual list of wolves). Don't get your damn panties in a bunch because someone makes a valid point.

It's one freaking day to test the theory. Are you that fragile that you are afraid of the results? One day, one test. If he is telling the truth I tip my hat to him and say thank you for winning the game for us.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #1852
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
How thick are you? It's simple logic. If henry ends up being the traitor and has presented the same list that you have (which is not correct as only 2 of the 4 you listed are the same so that throws that out the door) than how much can that list be trusted (unless you think the traitor is going to give us the actual list of wolves). Don't get your damn panties in a bunch because someone makes a valid point.

It's one freaking day to test the theory. Are you that fragile that you are afraid of the results? One day, one test. If he is telling the truth I tip my hat to him and say thank you for winning the game for us.

you're reading my list wrong.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #1853
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

our lists are identical except his list eliminates two people off mine.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #1854
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh so now you don't want to have an actual two-player race with henry and someone else? you'd rather have us pile on henry in a runaway?? i can't vote for you?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #1855
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Still no one person has offered any valid reason for why this is a bad idea. Anyone?

Actually, I've said it was a bad idea because it takes us away from the momentum we just got, and DT said it was a bad idea because it matches up pretty well with his list......
Old 07-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #1856
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm actually okay with making it a two-person race tomorrow, but now EagleFan seems to be saying i can't vote for him (implying we should all pile on Henry in a runaway despite what he said earlier about wanting a 2-person race), and also trying to lay the framework for discarding the list of cleared/uncleared people that we have. And that to me screams desperate wolf (maybe just looking to get henry lynched in revenge as they feel the game is slipping away?)
Old 07-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #1857
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
notice how EagleFan is trying to build a case already to throw out my list everyone - just want to point that out very clearly to everyone.

What is your f$#*&ng problem with this list? I am getting tired of hearing your whining about someone "questioning your list".

I am offering potential scenario in which we could lose and lose badly and a way to cover up for it. Can you understand that if henry is the traitor and has the "same" list it means we need to rethink the list.

How many damn times do I have to say it? We make one vote to test henry's story. What are you afraid of?

If henry is valid than I will be happy to admit that I am wrong as we win the game. If henry turns up traitor are you going to be stubborn enough to insist we continue to lynch people who were on his list just because they were on yours?

I am asking that we be flexible enough to consider the possibility that he is lying to us. I can't buy that a power would have that much affect on the game and to be honest it would take away from the win in my eyes.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #1858
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is your f$#*&ng problem with this list? I am getting tired of hearing your whining about someone "questioning your list".

I am offering potential scenario in which we could lose and lose badly and a way to cover up for it. Can you understand that if henry is the traitor and has the "same" list it means we need to rethink the list.

you're really starting to piss me off with your attitude. i'm not even going to respond to this tonight...i'm going to bed.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #1859
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

How many damn times do I have to say it? We make one vote to test henry's story. What are you afraid of?

If henry is valid than I will be happy to admit that I am wrong as we win the game. If henry turns up traitor are you going to be stubborn enough to insist we continue to lynch people who were on his list just because they were on yours?

I am asking that we be flexible enough to consider the possibility that he is lying to us. I can't buy that a power would have that much affect on the game and to be honest it would take away from the win in my eyes.

fuck that - yes i will respond.

No I cannot understand that if henry has the same list we have to rethink the list. Because the lists are INDEPENDENT! He arrived at his, that's great. Meantime, I was INDEPENDENTLY, WITHOUT ANY INPUT FROM HIM, arriving at the same list. My list does not depend on his for validity in any way, shape, or form.

And if henry turns up traitor yes i will continue to insist we lynch people who were on his list/my list BECAUSE ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE CANNOT BE CUNNING WOLVES AND THEREFORE THERE MUST BE ALL THE WOLVES EXCEPT A POTENTIAL CUNNING AMONG THEM!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #1860
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Actually, I've said it was a bad idea because it takes us away from the momentum we just got, and DT said it was a bad idea because it matches up pretty well with his list......

Momentum? This isn't college football. Momentum has nothing to do with WW.

Does it match up with everyone's list? Matching the list is not an arguement for why this is a bad idea, it's more of an arguement for just giong after the list (adding value to one side does not prove the other bad).

What is lost by making this a two person race with henry and someone on his list? If henry goes first we learn. If he doesn't we can still learn no matter what the results of the lynch are (who tried to save who).

Like I said. We can run the clock out by kneeling down, why do we want to throw a pass, even if it is a "safe" pass.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #1861
The Jackal
Coordinator

Where's Poli when he's really needed.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #1862
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fuck that - yes i will respond.

No I cannot understand that if henry has the same list we have to rethink the list. Because the lists are INDEPENDENT! He arrived at his, that's great. Meantime, I was INDEPENDENTLY, WITHOUT ANY INPUT FROM HIM, arriving at the same list. My list does not depend on his for validity in any way, shape, or form.

And if henry turns up traitor yes i will continue to insist we lynch people who were on his list/my list BECAUSE ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE CANNOT BE CUNNING WOLVES AND THEREFORE THERE MUST BE ALL THE WOLVES EXCEPT A POTENTIAL CUNNING AMONG THEM!!!!

You are pretty thick stubborn. I am not saying that everyone on his list is cunning. I am not saying that the list is definitely bad. I am saying that ON THE CHANCE THAT HE IS A TRAITOR IT MOST CERTAINLY BRINGS THE LIST INTO QUESTION. It's a simple thing to grasp.

Chance of henry being the traitor 1 in 13 (figuring you already know the seer and you are out of the equation for him being the traitor and I know PB's role and have had it confirmed by another and it seems legit). List = questionable

Chance of henry not being the traitor 12 in 13. List = good

I am not saying your precious list is bad. I am saying it IS questionable if henry turns out to be the traitor. How hard is that to understand?

I am also saying that your lists are NOT the same. You list 4 people, he lists 4 primary people. Of those only 2 are the same. That does not sound like the "same list" to me.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #1863
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Why would you insist that we lynch people on his list if he is a traitor? That makes no sense at all. Do you actually think that he would give us a list of actual woves if he were the traitor?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #1864
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm out. Hopefully everyone else wil be able to see my reasoning. How can that list be good if henry is the traitor? It would be the dumbest move in WW history to give us the actual list of wolves as the traitor. Yet DT is too damn stubborn to admit this and thinks that by some strange event the list will still be wolves if henry is the traitor.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #1865
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let's try to keep the conversation civil and not have something spiral here ... not like that would ever happen in a werewolf game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #1866
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Let's try to keep the conversation civil and not have something spiral here ... not like that would ever happen in a werewolf game.

You can hire out The Jester for disciplinary action. And.. I'm going to sleep.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #1867
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But Lathum's not here. I thought that void needed filled.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #1868
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beep, beep, beep, beep...
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #1869
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Where's Poli when he's really needed.
Beep, beep, beep, beep...
Old 07-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #1870
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Though now that I think about it, somewhat strange that no wolves would be on Telle with CR in the running?

I had to check something else before leaving for work, so I thought I pop on for a second.

I had a similar thought, but remember CR was on Telle so there was a wolf on her. At the time of CR's death, he was not the leading vote getter, so I don't think the wolves necessarily felt it important to get another vote on her with a number of people who hadn't voted yet.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #1871
henry296
College Starter

One final thought.

I'd argue that without my reveal the wolves are in a decent place with likely 4 remaining. Therefore, reducing the need for such a dramatic play. However, if the majority thinks that I need to be sacrificed to prove my list, go ahead b/c we are going to win anway. I'm willing to stand on my sword since I had nothing to the game after last night.

While EagleFan's is good to pose the questions about my loyalties, I don't think a play to make it 8-4 with still lots of other potential for being discovered is a good wolf/traitor move.

Let me pose on more thing for validation. i mentioned that I learned the name of the character who also voted for Telle. That person is Sherry Palmer and I think at least two people can vouch for that fact.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #1872
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn, we can't PM? I'll catch up on the rest of this when I get to work. DT, let me know if you want me of service here.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #1873
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
That person is Sherry Palmer and I think at least two people can vouch for that fact.

Well, I can assume that since I have not revealed my identity to anyone, that the other person that can vouch for me being Sherry Palmer is a seer of some sort. So rather than make them do it, I am Sherry Palmer.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #1874
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am also saying that your lists are NOT the same. You list 4 people, he lists 4 primary people. Of those only 2 are the same. That does not sound like the "same list" to me.

Oops - you're misreading my list. The 4 people that I listed on separate lines were the BOTTOM of my list (the "most trusted of the least trusted"). Everyone else I listed in paragraph form above that, and that is the list that matches up with henry's (except his actually removes two from the bottom of mine).

*shaking my head* guess I should go back and list that out more clearly
Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #1875
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can BrianD talk again?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #1876
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Reposted with bolding because people seem to be missing the top part of my list.

Bottom line (assuming no cunning, although i think that may end up being faulty - but we cross that bridge when we get to it): our wolves lie in the group of:

Untrusted:
Thomkal, Jackal, kingfc22, EagleFan, ISiddiqui, autumn, pass, path, saldana

That is based on MY list. Of that list, I hope to be able to move pass + saldana off of it entirely soon, and i would rank them as LOW chance of being wolves. Path is the next least likely, and then autumn in my mind, based on their roles and what they've demonstrated of their powers.

so the bottom of MY list looks like this:

7. autumn
8. path
9. pass/saldana

The other 5 people are in one big clump at the top.

Henry's list subtracts Path and Saldana from mine if we are to believe his powers (and i have no reason not to, and every reason to believe them, just saying). Of those, I think Path is the more relevant, as I am just waiting for corroboration before moving Saldana off of mine anyways
Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #1877
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*waves to isiddiqui* - do you want to try to use your power on someone? just to see what it does?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #1878
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, may not be a bad idea. Perhaps it'll be able to co-ordinate with someone else's powers in some fashion.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #1879
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

let me look over the list of people with roles and offer you some suggestions at some point today - have a feeling i'm about to get busy for a couple hours though
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #1880
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh hoops - maybe you should post whatever the reminder on the first page is about weekend play, since it's Friday morning
Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 AM   #1881
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
let me look over the list of people with roles and offer you some suggestions at some point today - have a feeling i'm about to get busy for a couple hours though

Alright... I should be around at some point this afternoon. Well, at least right before coffee time .
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #1882
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
oh hoops - maybe you should post whatever the reminder on the first page is about weekend play, since it's Friday morning

We are planning on "stopping the clock" at some point on Friday evening and resuming the clock early Monday morning. People will still be able to post in the thread, but no actions will be processed during that period of time.

I'll defer to Barkeep on what he would like for the stop time to be this evening since he is going to be around much later in the day than me. If people have strong thoughts on this feel free to post on it in the thread.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #1883
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

One last post about my ideas. I will probably be tied up much of the day so I don't know how much I will be online until later.

Without the drama here is the idea.

We vote henry AND one from his list. If we keep it close we will be able to get an idea about voting history.

If henry's/DT's list is good the wolves are desperate and it will probably be obvious who moves to get henry lynched (if he is telling he truth).

At the same time it may make it clearer if the other person from his list gets lynched to see just who tried to swing the vote that way (if henry is not telling the truth).

I was not proposing a straight up lynch of henry as we learn nothing from that.

It's just a way to cover our bases and I personally cannot see how this can be a bad thing.

Hell, I seem to be on a list of not trusted even though I had CR nailed early. I would have no problem being the second candidate against henry. Unfortunately that scenario is one of the lower psercentage moves as I know I am good and I think there is a good chance that henry is. I have never said "HENRY IS NOT GOOD", just proposed a what is scenario for us to be concerned with.

The worst thing that we can do is get so rigidly stuck in a rut to think that the list someone else has developed HAS to bo correct. I am not saying the list is NOT correct, just that we need to be open for other avenues on the off chance that we get hit with a surprise.

Last night a statement was made that even if henry was a traitor the list would be insisted upon being used. Can everyone else please tell me how this makes sense? It doesn't. If henry is good, hell yeah we use the list. If henry is bad we need to re-examine everything.

I AM NOT SAYING HENRY IS BAD. I AM JUST SAYING WHAT IF. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING PREPARED FOR WHAT IF. I have a very hard time comprehending that being PREPARED for what if is a BAD thing.

One last time.

If henry is good, we win. If henry is not good, we can be prepared and will have played to be prepared instead of wasting another day, or worse two.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #1884
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Forgot to add this:

This is a game based on 24. I think we should be prepared for the unexpected.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #1885
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@soothsayer - there's a line in 1887 for you. i presume you can see it - 8th "paragraph"
Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #1886
saldana
Pro Starter

interesting...seems to be no night kill?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #1887
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm curious what the vote count is. How many people ended up on Thomkal last night?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #1888
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
We are planning on "stopping the clock"
!!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #1889
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
interesting...seems to be no night kill?

they tried to kill me - silly wolves
Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #1890
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
!!

lol - poli fail!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #1891
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
they tried to kill me - silly wolves

So the night kill has been made?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #1892
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
!!

Realistically, we know we can't stop the clock but only hope to contain it.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #1893
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I actually thought Danny was the night kill. I'm still catching up on last night, but I want to be sure about this if that's cool.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #1894
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I actually thought Danny was the night kill. I'm still catching up on last night, but I want to be sure about this if that's cool.

oh that's right - so apparently they had 2 again through some mechanism.

i forgot about losing our buddy danny.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1895
Autumn
Head Coach

Did they make a second attempt on you DT? I think understanding the night kill schedule could be key here, especially if they can make multiple kills at a time.

I think EF has something of a point, Henry could be a cultist type character and buying the wolves time. With multiple kills they could winnow us down quick. I suppose he could be a cunning wolf too, as DT has pointed out, that's the one flaw in his trust list.

I tend to think the simpler explanation though is the better. EF figures he's got enough trust with DT by pushing CR early that he can muddy the waters safely.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1896
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess we see what Pass, ISidd, et. al have to say for themselves.

I'll have something in a bit. Just want to get caught up first.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #1897
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If you took the info I gave you yesterday we would have lynched CR instead of clap so yes that is steering us wrong, I gave you the info and then I voted for him so I was willing to test the validity of it. If you took the other info I gave you to protect Michelle we may have gotten lucky with a wolf lynch day one instead of a villager so yes that is steering us wrong.

I think I should actually take a lot of the blame for clap -- after all I was the one who put the first vote on him, and kept pressing him to reveal all day. I think it will look (somewhat) understandable soon.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #1898
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
oh that's right - so apparently they had 2 again through some mechanism.

i forgot about losing our buddy danny.

Ooh that's cold, sorry Danny.

So day 1 they made two kills, right? Day 2, one. Day 3 they made two kills again. Seems we can expect one today.

I'll await the results of this soothsayer test if you think it will give us an answer, DT.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #1899
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Did they make a second attempt on you DT?

Seems like they did. So the wolves have the ability to launch 2 kills at a time. So maybe the first night wasn't a villager kill like we thought, but a double wolf kill?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #1900
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Did they make a second attempt on you DT? I think understanding the night kill schedule could be key here, especially if they can make multiple kills at a time.

I think EF has something of a point, Henry could be a cultist type character and buying the wolves time. With multiple kills they could winnow us down quick. I suppose he could be a cunning wolf too, as DT has pointed out, that's the one flaw in his trust list.

I tend to think the simpler explanation though is the better. EF figures he's got enough trust with DT by pushing CR early that he can muddy the waters safely.

Yes they made a second attempt on me. It failed of course, cuz I am Jack Bauer!!!

Henry could be a cultist or a cunning wolf. Those are the only 2 flaws with my "high trust" list.

FWIW - EagleFan has no trust with me. He appears on my list of uncleared people and that's it. Also my list of people with powers we can't verify - and by verify I mean something like NTN's where we can all see it in action and see it nab us a wolf or result in a positive for the village. Yes he listed CR on his PM to me as "questionable"...I admit that. But that's not really enough to put him onto my "medium trust" list. At best it puts him as "least likely in the larger group of uncleared to be a wolf"

I'm not a big fan of trust lists in general, so you know mine is going to be pretty exclusive and the criteria are going to be high to get on.