Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #1851
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm out until early morning, kids. If there's anything that desperately needs answering it will have to wait.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #1852
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can we vote for the 2 people who didn't answer horse messages then please?

please please?

who were they?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #1853
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Oh, well. I guess I thought she hadn't, since she kept hiring the best lawyer, and there was never any public record of that hire. I don't remember all the details, and I couldn't find the post where it had everyone's legal win-loss record -- but I did notice that when you claimed to sue everyone, you left her out!

One interesting tidbit, the day I hired AE (the best lawyer around) I lost my suit against Imthecrew who was in jail... I didn't get that at ll.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #1854
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

please please?

who were they?

Well.... I was one of them. And I didn't answer it because I didn't get it.

And if you don't believe that and think I'm a Tarq, answer this: If I were a Tarq, why would I not answer a message just to try to screw with the sender's mind or to get him to trust me? Or to try to sway his vote or bid somewhere where I wanted it?

It would be too good of an opportunity to pass up.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #1855
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gah! Being consul sucks. I thought it would be all about the glamour and the hot chicks but I also thought I'd have a better idea who to arrest. I like Chief Rum's theory but I really think there's a substantial body of evidence to suggest there's a rich wolf at work here. It's a bit on the sucky side that the two people I'm the most suspicious of are both lawyers. I find myself repeating what the two previous consuls said. I wish there was more opinion being expressed. Without many numbers I could well be mainly listening to wolves at the moment.I have to decide now and hope that I can change the arrest tomorrow if necessary.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #1856
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

please please?

who were they?

Our former consuls KWhit and Barkeep, per Anxiety and Tyrith.

Both have claimed they did not receive messages to answer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #1857
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narcizo, here is the first question that I think we have to deal with - do we look at the horse messages or treat it as an item to be figured out later? This was easier to evaluate when there was only one of them ...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #1858
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm out for a while. Not sure if I'll be back online tonight or not, so I'll go ahead and cast a vote, in case I don't make it back before tomorrow morning.

VOTE THROW LSGus OFF THE CLIFF
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #1859
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, hasn't the person already been blocked by the sex slaves you sent and the end of yesterday? If so, who was it?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #1860
hoopsguy
General Manager

sent *at* the end of yesterday (Day 4)
Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #1861
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dodgerchick, why did you choose to scan Autumn with your attorney yesterday? Was he someone high on your distrust list?

No he wasn't someone I distrusted. I believe at the time I sent my PM to cronin, he had the most votes for counsel and I wanted to find out the allegiance of someone in power.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #1862
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I say this horse business can be sorted out later.

OK at the moment I'm leaning heavily towards arresting Neon. He's the one who had struck me as being the most wolfish at the moment. I really don't like it but a reason to do this is to try and force whoever controls AE to scan Neon today. This will give us a clear idea of whether we should vote to execute or not tomorrow without risking another innocent death by execution. Has anyone got an objection to this at the moment before I send the order. (which I think I will be able to change tomorrow but can't guarantee - I'm running out of time here).
Old 04-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #1863
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

so it was either you or him.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #1864
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In fact, while I hope this is not the case, my guess is that Macro was hired by someone -- otherwise. If no one hired him, cronin could have easily just given him to me, and maybe given Maximus to whoever else might have bid on him. What worries me is the fact that a loyalist was probably less likely to hire him (then again, a loyalist might have tried to hire him earlier in the day before I showed up, too).

Good point to consider. st. cronin left things as they were, saying it was the fair play. Well, the data entry mistake affected the hiring of a killer and a bodyguard. Pass's unintentional hire of a BG deprived someone else of a BG, and allowed someone else to hire the killer.

Whoever hired the killer is on the same side as Passacaglia.

Think about it. Would anyone tihnk it fair if Pass was a good guy, a mistake was made and the killer went to a bad guy? Or the other way around. If Pass was a Tarq, and the killer fell to a Republic senator, would that be fair?

I'm sure st. cronin didn't intend for that revelation to say anything about people's allegiances, but we may put it to use.

If a loyal Senator dies tomorrow by sword, Pass will will likely be a baddie.

My assumption on the BG point is that either no one else bid on the BG Pass won, or the person was on the sasme side as Pass in that one, too.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #1865
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If you want to arrest me, just go ahead and do it, Narc. Scan me, do whatever. It'll all be for naught, because the Senate will lose one more senator loyal to the Republic.

I was sent sex slaves. Don't know who blocked me, don't care. Don't even reveal yourself, if you think you're compromising your wealth/position.

I've already got several impressions on who's probably a Tarq, but then again, I have a twisted sense of logic.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #1866
Autumn
Head Coach

Narzico,

Neonus seems a fine choice to arrest. With a lawyer scan we can actually make an educated vote tomorrow.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #1867
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Or would someone like me to send in a conditional re-arrest for LSG/whoever, (which is a possibility). If freed she will be rearrested. If not whoever else I pick will be arrested.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #1868
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

We are sure that AE can't fake the lawyer scan right?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #1869
Autumn
Head Coach

I kept a better record of who everybody else got for services than I did me.

Day 3 I bid and lost on the sex slaves
Day 2 I bid and lost on the political philosopher
Day 1 I bid and lost on the horses, I think the second one listed
Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #1870
Autumn
Head Coach

I am 99% sure of that Narzico, yes.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #1871
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Who thinks I'm a Tarq, honestly?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #1872
Autumn
Head Coach

I have voted to free Lonestarus Girlus. I think she is merely inactive, and hope we'll see her or a replacement soon.

I've given my list of suspects. I will try and check in again to see if I can help the consuls decide who to arrest. I agree that this horse issue is strange and suspect. I don't suspect Kayus Whitus, but either of the other three could be suspect.

I will submit my bid and hope for the best in the morning.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #1873
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Sod it. I'm getting filty looks from my wife. I'm sending in the order now.

Please can everyone state a preference for an arrest today. Hoops I'd prefer somebody in the upper regions of the wealth bracket for an arrest. Neon is dirt poor and getting poorer. Obviously it's your call.

Vote Execute LoneStarGirl

I definitely think there's a rich wolf in the game. LSG hasn't been active but the wolves may be gearing their kills in the belief that she will come back or there will be a replacement.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #1874
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

BTW, vote FREE LoneStarGirl.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #1875
Lorena
Unregistered

Thank goodness the day won't end til tomorrow I have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #1876
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I am 99% sure of that Narzico, yes.

Apparently the person who hires him can though.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #1877
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lots to comment on.

First, we need to devise a plan for Antmeister. We can't handle him through regular means. He absolutely needs to be killed because of the fact we can't arrest him and he can stop an execution. I think he needs to be our highest priority for a scan.

If he turns up bad, we need to hire the warlord the next day, and kill him. In an odd way, what I have just suggested is technically treason, lol.

The second scan we need is ardent. Let's clear him once and for all. We should also protect him with a bodyguard to put him to good use after discovering his allegiance.

I don't think we should be arresting lawyers. Not only do they have useful abilities, but we have better targets to go after, IMO. Neither current lawyer is on my original list of suspects for the Day One sword killer.

VOTE FREE LSG

Obviously, LSG had some issues this week. Although I am disappointed we're only finding out now, I can no longer assume her UTR-ness is related to wolfish behavior. If she were poor, it would still be an easy call to just toss her. But she is in a position of wealth and could soon be replaced by an active player. I recommend we free her, because we could get another valuable tool in hiring services. My gut says she is a loyalist for the same reason as MV--a wolf would have been replaced sooner.

I'm still working through the meaning of the horse owner issues. Have we actually had a horse message successfully delivered and responded to?

I would like to see a daily lawyer hire list and then who the lawyers were sent to investigate and what results. Even going through other people and having to determine their allegiance, this is useful information.

My hiring service history:

Day One: Failed to hire Lexus Postus (horse owner)
Day Two: Failed to hire Lexus Postus again (he wasn't available, I made an error)
Day Three: Failed to hire sex slaves
Day Four: I was posting from a Kinko's and on the run; I forgot to send a purchase order after posting in the thread before work.

I'm still debating my arrest recommendations.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #1878
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
First, we need to devise a plan for Antmeister. We can't handle him through regular means. He absolutely needs to be killed because of the fact we can't arrest him and he can stop an execution. I think he needs to be our highest priority for a scan.

Whoops, bad word substitution here. I meant to say [b]He absolutely needs to be scanned because of the fact we can't arrest him...

He only needs to be killed if he turns up bad.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #1879
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point to consider. st. cronin left things as they were, saying it was the fair play. Well, the data entry mistake affected the hiring of a killer and a bodyguard. Pass's unintentional hire of a BG deprived someone else of a BG, and allowed someone else to hire the killer.

Whoever hired the killer is on the same side as Passacaglia.

Think about it. Would anyone tihnk it fair if Pass was a good guy, a mistake was made and the killer went to a bad guy? Or the other way around. If Pass was a Tarq, and the killer fell to a Republic senator, would that be fair?

I'm sure st. cronin didn't intend for that revelation to say anything about people's allegiances, but we may put it to use.

If a loyal Senator dies tomorrow by sword, Pass will will likely be a baddie.

My assumption on the BG point is that either no one else bid on the BG Pass won, or the person was on the sasme side as Pass in that one, too.

This seems like overthinking it. My impression is that since a PM was sent out to whoever hired the killer already (without my bid), he just didn't want to send another PM to that person saying they didn't get it after all. I don't think he thought that it was okay, as long as the same "side" got the killer. Anyway, like Mustang and I were saying, the person who hired the killer (if any) is likely someone who wasn't around when I came back right before the deadline.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #1880
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Again, I have to take some great offense to this. If the killer was hired, it doesn't make much sense to accuse the one person we *know* didn't hire him.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #1881
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This seems like overthinking it. My impression is that since a PM was sent out to whoever hired the killer already (without my bid), he just didn't want to send another PM to that person saying they didn't get it after all. I don't think he thought that it was okay, as long as the same "side" got the killer. Anyway, like Mustang and I were saying, the person who hired the killer (if any) is likely someone who wasn't around when I came back right before the deadline.

Maybe, but I think then st. cronin would say he kept it the way he did for simplicity's sake and simply apologize for the error. Instead, he mentioned fair play as being the primary reason to keep it. I am thinking of scenarios where it would not be fair. And a key service going from one side to another due to an error is inhernetly unfair (in fact, blatantly so).

Plus, not sure what the issue would be to sending PMs to correct it. It's not like that person would know anything more than would become obvious in the next day anyway. Unless you value that everyone between that person and you did not bid for that service.

As for who else would have bid for it, I could see someone bidding before you came on, and I could also see someone bidding as a backup plan because it's a critical service.

In that respect, actually I would like to see that person say they won the services of the warlord. If it is a loyal Senator, we will then know. I don't want that person to say who they';re sending him after, but knowing a loyal Senator has him would clear things upa lot.

And if no one says anything, well, we know we have a problem, don't we? (and you might then have a problem, going on my theory)
Old 04-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #1882
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Day 1 - did not bid
Day 2 - bid on Balbus Senna and failed
Day 3 - won Animus Sentus
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #1883
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Again, I have to take some great offense to this. If the killer was hired, it doesn't make much sense to accuse the one person we *know* didn't hire him.

I'm not accusing you of hiring him. I am saying there is a logical conclusion here to suggest you are on the same side as whoever won the services to the sword killer last night. So we will see who dies today, if anyone. If it is a loyal Senator and no one ponies up like Warlord to say they made a kill error, then we have to assume the Tarqs won him. Ergo, based on what st. cronin suggested, you might then be on the same side (a Tarq).

I'm not saying it's foolproof or that I have some big case against you. I'm just connecting points A, B and C.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #1884
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Why aren't we saying what we bid on for Day Four, particularly if we failed. If we won the services, I don't see an issue announcing that either, so long as we don't say how we'll use them.

For instance, if I had won a BG today, I would freely announe that. I wouldn't say who I chose to protect, but the service ownership is not saomething I would hide. I have said what happened with me on Day Four. How come no one else is saying who they hired (or failed to hire) on Day Four?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #1885
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I kept a better record of who everybody else got for services than I did me.

Day 3 I bid and lost on the sex slaves
Day 2 I bid and lost on the political philosopher
Day 1 I bid and lost on the horses, I think the second one listed

I had to reference the names from my PMs to make sure I had them right. If you aren't turning over your SentItems on a daily basis they should still be there.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #1886
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
The second scan we need is ardent. Let's clear him once and for all. We should also protect him with a bodyguard to put him to good use after discovering his allegiance.

This made me laugh, so basicaly the PM should say, "I hire Ardent to investigate himself"? Heh, that's kind of funny I wonder if that can be done.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #1887
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Why aren't we saying what we bid on for Day Four, particularly if we failed. If we won the services, I don't see an issue announcing that either, so long as we don't say how we'll use them.

For instance, if I had won a BG today, I would freely announe that. I wouldn't say who I chose to protect, but the service ownership is not saomething I would hide. I have said what happened with me on Day Four. How come no one else is saying who they hired (or failed to hire) on Day Four?

I didn't ask for that because I didn't want them becoming targets for a "block" or a killing to prevent the services still in play from being executed.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #1888
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I didn't ask for that because I didn't want them becoming targets for a "block" or a killing to prevent the services still in play from being executed.

Very good point. Should have thought of that.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #1889
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very good point. Should have thought of that.

dola, well, unless we gets omeone to announce they won the sex slaves. That way, if someone is blocked, we know who did it.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #1890
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
This made me laugh, so basicaly the PM should say, "I hire Ardent to investigate himself"? Heh, that's kind of funny I wonder if that can be done.

Ha ha, especially if he is bad and roots himself out
Old 04-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #1891
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I was actually figuring Neon would be hired to check out ardent, while ardent would check out Antmeister.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1892
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Here are my bids:

Day 1 - Animus Sentus - did not get him
Day 2 - Bonus Oceanus - did not get him
Day 3 - Durus Pimpus - did not get him
Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #1893
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Ha ha, especially if he is bad and roots himself out

Haha, he should chickity check himself before he wrecks himself
Old 04-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #1894
Lorena
Unregistered

I have won all my bids:

Day 1: Hired Ardent (was second best lawyer at the time) and had him scan AlanT who came out good (or no evidence of wrongdoing).

Day 2: Hired sex slaves and sent them to Ironhead. I was told I wouldn't know of any wrongdoing but any actions would have been blocked.

Day 3: Hired Ardent and had him check Autumn and there was no evidence of wrongdoing.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #1895
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I have won all my bids:

Day 1: Hired Ardent (was second best lawyer at the time) and had him scan AlanT who came out good (or no evidence of wrongdoing).

Day 2: Hired sex slaves and sent them to Ironhead. I was told I wouldn't know of any wrongdoing but any actions would have been blocked.

Day 3: Hired Ardent and had him check Autumn and there was no evidence of wrongdoing.

That should read I wouldn't have known if any action was planned, it would only be blocked.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #1896
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Whoops, bad word substitution here. I meant to say [b]He absolutely needs to be scanned because of the fact we can't arrest him...

He only needs to be killed if he turns up bad.

I was wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #1897
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I've said twice already that I tried to hire Schmidty day 4. My other bids have been:

Day 1: Bid on the priest, didn't get it.
Day 2: Bid on Maximus, got him, had him protect Barkeep.
Day 3: Bid on the priest again, didn't get it.
Day 4: Schmidty, failed again.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #1898
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well since LSG has been having connection problems, I'm not sure she's been involved in the game at all. Do we have any reason to think she's been putting in orders if she can't post? With that in mind, she might be guilty, but we have better targets (I hope.)

vote free LoneStarGirl
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #1899
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hired the legionaire. Protected myself.
Tried to hire the sex slave.
Tried to hire the sex slave.
Hired the horseman. Sent it(the message) to Hoops. I hadn't revealed this before.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #1900
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bolded so that maybe hoops can verify if he received the message or not.