Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #18651
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Ok...Reading a little more. This may be a simple case of piss-poor wording of a footnote.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:56 PM   #18652
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Ok...Reading a little more. This may be a simple case of piss-poor wording of a footnote.

I hope so. If it is then it's another example of this administration not having someone qualified and capable of writing actual policy.

I'm guessing the intended target of this is US citizens and service members marrying local foreigners and having a child in that country that's automatically a US citizen. I'm sure the thought of that happening sends chills down Stephen Miller's spine.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #18653
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Dola...

And what about adopting a child from outside the U.S.???

That's a good question. When we adopted we did all the paperwork at the consulate in China and when we landed on U.S. soil she became a citizen. There's nothing in this order specifically changing that, but it's clear the plan is to greatly limit immigration and citizenship.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:11 PM   #18654
miami_fan
Coordinator

TrumpÂ*officials sayÂ*children of some service members overseas will not get automatic citizenship | TheHill

Quote:
USCIS issued a clarification to the rule later Wednesday, explaining that the new rule would only affect three categories of people: Children of non-U.S. citizens adopted by U.S. citizen government employees or service members; children of non-U.S. citizen government employees or service members who were naturalized after the child's birth; and children of U.S. citizens who do not meet residency requirements.

Thanks for the clarification. It is still BS. I guess this is the point that I am accused about not really caring about these families right? About THOSE people.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #18655
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Why doesn't PR just stop having hurricanes?

Tell Florida to get the hell out of the way once in a while too while you're at it.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #18656
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm just taking a pass, I'm exhausted trying to figure out WTF they're doing...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:46 PM   #18657
QuikSand
lolzcat

Uhhhhh...welcome to the board?
Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #18658
Atocep
Coordinator

5 years ago was a much simpler time.

Obama's Tan Suit Controversy Is Five Years Old
Old 08-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #18659
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

What better tan suit or swinging bull nuts?

(At the 21-second mark)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 08-29-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #18660
molson
General Manager

Quote:

There was also the time he put his feet up on the desk.

(Though on the other hand, there was some un-ironic outrage directed towards Kellyanne Conway sitting with her feet up on the oval office sofa once).

Last edited by molson : 08-29-2019 at 01:38 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #18661
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

National debt is now 110% to GDP. Closing in on the largest ever which was during World War 2. And this is during a good economy. Should easily surpass it during a recession.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #18662
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

"I'm not worried about the deficit -- it's big enough to take care of itself."
Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 PM   #18663
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump is now tweeting images from his intelligence briefing.

But her emails...
Old 08-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #18664
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Trump is now tweeting images from his intelligence briefing.

But her emails...

So the President posted on twitter what is very likely highly classified IMINT to taunt another country.

It doesn't appear to be a satellite image either. Which makes this way worse than it seems on the surface and on the surface this looks pretty bad.

If anyone other than the President does this they probably get 10 years.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:47 PM   #18665
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Yeah that's a drone image.

Actually looks like a KH11 was in the area at the time. A lot of their tech is kept quiet so it would be insane to let the world know what your satellites can do. They've only released images a few times in history of it and usually at a low resolution so that other countries don't know what it does.

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-30-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #18666
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

WaPo is reporting that Bolton isn't being allowed to see the draft agreement with the Taliban. Best team ever.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:34 AM   #18667
QuikSand
lolzcat

For those among us who were (stupidly) wondering what the Trump strategy would be if the economy started to dip before the election:

Daniel Dale on Twitter: "The most notable thing to me about Trump's dishonesty this summer: immigration, usually by far his #1 subject of false claims, has been only #5. #1 has been the economy -- mostly trade-related claims. https://t.co/AUApkQ5r1q… https://t.co/8wcrHcEzRz"

Answer: Lie. (duh)
Old 08-31-2019, 10:09 PM   #18668
miked
College Starter

Meanwhile in Boston:

Quote:
“Straight people are an oppressed majority. We will fight for the right of straights everywhere to express pride in themselves without fear of judgement and hate. The day will come when straights will finally be included as equals among all of the other orientations.” – John Hugo, President of Super Happy Fun America

A straight pride parade to support the troops and defend the wall building. Oh, and to celebrate straight culture.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #18669
Galaril
Pro Starter

The tariffs we have put on China goods is going to cost the average household $1k. What a fucking moron this guy is.
Tariffs will now cost American households $1,000 per year: J.P. Morgan
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #18670
QuikSand
lolzcat

Listen, the power of lying to your own voter base and having them buy all of it is rather immense. This is merely a small example, but a powerful one. Trump can declare his trade war citing numbers that he clearly does not understand, impose ever-increasing tariffs that are paid by Americans, and then go to virtually everyone who support him and tell them 2+2=5. And they buy it.

When all your weaknesses are immediately and successfully dismissed as "fake news" and "media bias" and the like, then by definition you have no weaknesses.

Listen to the last week or two, Administration officials and media mouthpieces will say, with a straight face, that Trump does not lie and never has. What explanation can there possibly be? It's a deeply sinister and dangerous way to seize and retain power. And once he loses an election, why would they cease the operation then?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #18671
molson
General Manager

When exactly did the parties swap platforms on free trade/tariffs/globalization?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #18672
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

November 2016 apparently
Old 09-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #18673
molson
General Manager

I don't know who hates the WTO more, Trump, 90's far-left protesters, or Sanders until he started running for president.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #18674
AlexB
Pro Starter

Watching a Vietnam war documentary, there was an interesting line in a 1968 Nixon speech, which i tracked down to his Republican nomination acceptance speech

Quote:
“... and when the president of the United States cannot travel abroad or to any major city at home without fear of a hostile demonstration, then it’s time for new leadership for the United States of America”

Ok, not the greatest person to deliver the message, but if even Nixon, from whom Trump stole much of his playbook, and with whom Trump may well share a legacy in history books of the future, recognises this...

At 2:24 if anyone’s interested
Richard Nixon Accepts the 1968 Republican Presidential Nomination - Highlights - YouTube

Last edited by AlexB : 09-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #18675
AlexB
Pro Starter

Dola, the next thing that struck me: Nixon contacted a foreign power (in this case South Vietnam) to thwart the peace negotiations 3 days before the 1968 election, as the talks were giving the Dems a political boost for the elections.

The Dems deliberated whether to reveal this, but ultimately didn’t as they didn’t want to reveal how they knew, and it cost them.

Sounds familiar, using a foreign country to sabotage the opponent just days before an election...

Last edited by AlexB : 09-02-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #18676
AlexB
Pro Starter

Next case of history repeating itself: The New York Times reported that Nixon had ordered the illegal bombing of Cambodia for weeks in 1969 (unknown to Congress and the public) - the government response was Fake News, and illegal wire taps placed on reporters and politicians to find the source of the leak.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #18677
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If the Dems had the run of scandals from Nixon to Bush2, the GOP would bury them for a generation. Too bad the Dems can't even manage to investigate Trump.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #18678
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Trump hasn't been investigated? Then what the hell was Mueller doing all this time?
Old 09-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #18679
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Dems.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #18680
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

How bout that impeachment inquiry that Jerry Nadler is conducting?
Old 09-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #18681
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

lol

That's really making hay.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:12 PM   #18682
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Dola, the next thing that struck me: Nixon contacted a foreign power (in this case South Vietnam) to thwart the peace negotiations 3 days before the 1968 election, as the talks were giving the Dems a political boost for the elections.

Odd how this doesn't get brought up as much as it should when talking history. Nixon committed treason.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #18683
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Odd how this doesn't get brought up as much as it should when talking history. Nixon committed treason.

Yes he did and Johnson found out about it.

For the sake of the country (his point of view) he didn't expose it.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #18684
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually looks like a KH11 was in the area at the time. A lot of their tech is kept quiet so it would be insane to let the world know what your satellites can do. They've only released images a few times in history of it and usually at a low resolution so that other countries don't know what it does.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...tellite-2019-9

Pretty much confirmed. I wonder how many investigations this would have spawned from Republicans if Clinton was President and did this?

Last edited by Atocep : 09-02-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #18685
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Quote:
Michael Thompson, a Perdue University graduate student studying astrodynamics and spacecraft navigation

C'mon, Business Insider!
Old 09-03-2019, 05:31 AM   #18686
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...tellite-2019-9

Pretty much confirmed. I wonder how many investigations this would have spawned from Republicans if Clinton was President and did this?

I have a friend I caught up with yesterday in the intelligence community. He said that they all know the president has the right to declassify whatever he wants, so there is nothing technically illegal in what he did. Yet, he can't see how even the President was allowed to have a phone near something with this level of classification. Also, from his perspective, most of the people he works with have been long time Republicans and they severely dislike and distrust Trump.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #18687
thesloppy
Pro Starter

https://www.businessinsider.com/spie...n-asset-2019-8

Business Insider laying down the smack recently.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #18688
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have a friend I caught up with yesterday in the intelligence community. He said that they all know the president has the right to declassify whatever he wants, so there is nothing technically illegal in what he did. Yet, he can't see how even the President was allowed to have a phone near something with this level of classification. Also, from his perspective, most of the people he works with have been long time Republicans and they severely dislike and distrust Trump.

I worked intel for nearly a decade in the Army. I prepared and gave briefs at a much lower level than the White House at one point. Yes, technically Trump didn't do anything wrong, but but being able to collect good intel is all about making your enemies guess your capabilities as much as possible. I'm sure Russia and China knew we had incredible satellite capabilities, but it's unlikely they knew just how accurate and detailed that imagery was. Now that they have an example it's a hell of a lot easier for them to plan ways to hide what they're doing.

It's difficult to overstate the damage that tweet will cause. I'm sure the intel folks around DC lost their minds over it. It's going to damage collection efforts for years.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #18689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

It's difficult to overstate the damage that tweet will cause. I'm sure the intel folks around DC lost their minds over it. It's going to damage collection efforts for years.

Everything he is doing is going to damage us as a nation for years, and I suspect the closer we get to election time and the worse the polls show him doing he is going to go scorched earth.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #18690
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Old 09-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #18691
Thomkal
Head Coach

I mean they didn't even do a good job of faking it-trying to make it look like Alabama was included-at least use a white marker.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #18692
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I mean they didn't even do a good job of faking it-trying to make it look like Alabama was included-at least use a white marker.

It's a federal offense to falsify NWS forecasts. So I highly doubt they were willing to help him break the law.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #18693
PilotMan
Head Coach

The dumbest thing about all this is that who the fuck prints this shit out on a display board to brief? You can't tell me that they don't use power point and IPads for this, like every other person on the planet does? How dumb is this?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #18694
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
It's a federal offense to falsify NWS forecasts. So I highly doubt they were willing to help him break the law.

They could care less about breaking the law/ethics violations. They all expect to be pardoned by Trump.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #18695
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Also, that forecast is from well before he tweeted about Alabama. By the time he made that tweet, the forecast had already turned.

Everyone shoots themselves in the foot sometimes. This WH has the special quality of reminding us about when it has shot itself in the foot because it has to let the Dear Leader remind us that he never shot himself in the foot.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #18696
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Also, that forecast is from well before he tweeted about Alabama. By the time he made that tweet, the forecast had already turned.

Everyone shoots themselves in the foot sometimes. This WH has the special quality of reminding us about when it has shot itself in the foot because it has to let the Dear Leader remind us that he never shot himself in the foot.

I'll admit, I haven't really read the article, but is there a reason for having a white house brief with the original projected path of the hurricane rather than the updated one?

Meanwhile 20-25% of the country will believe Trump on this and see it as the media jumping to conclusions while desperate to show that he was wrong, but owning themselves in the process. Another 10-15% don't care that he was wrong because he's a Republican. The rest of the country rolls their eyes, laughs about the sharpie, and waits for the next controversy that would have sunk any other President.

EDIT: Imagining the reaction Obama would get for things Trump has done got old about 12,000 controversies ago, but imaging how the GOP would have ripped Obama for this is entertaining. "Obama is clearly working with demonic forces and attempting to redirect the path of the hurricane to maximize the damage to red states" would have been a fairly realistic reaction from the right.

Last edited by Atocep : 09-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #18697
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll admit, I haven't really read the article, but is there a reason for having a white house brief with the original projected path of the hurricane rather than the updated one?

It was done because he was embarrassed about tweeting erroneous information a couple days ago.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #18698
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's a dominance play. He says something and sees who is willing to back him up. If asked, I bet at least 75% of the GOP electeds will support him or weasel out of the question in a way that can be taken for support.

If you think the hurricane would hit Alabama, you're in the club, if not, fuck you the next time you need something.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #18699
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #18700
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a dominance play. He says something and sees who is willing to back him up. If asked, I bet at least 75% of the GOP electeds will support him or weasel out of the question in a way that can be taken for support.

If you think the hurricane would hit Alabama, you're in the club, if not, fuck you the next time you need something.

Eh I just think he repeated the wrong thing. A normal human would have just clarified that it was a mistake and made sure the proper information was out there. But he can't admit to ever making a mistake so we have to go through this whole weird charade.