Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #1801
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I honestly don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. There have been two Indy movies to date. The third is coming out soon, be patient. Sheesh, this whole "Temple of Doom" April Fool's joke has taken on a life of its own.

Get a life. Seriously.

You do realize that the official video title for the first movie was Indiana Jones of the Raiders of the Lost Ark? Unless I was missing your sarcasm...
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #1802
MikeVic
Head Coach

I believe it was sarcasm.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #1803
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It was an annoying internet meme that ran its course, oh... 10 years ago.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #1804
Lorena
Unregistered

28 Weeks Later - 7/10

28 weeks after the virus was "taken care of", british citizens start populating the island to start over.

One thing I didn't enjoy was that background sound was so much more intense than the dialog. I get pretty scared when watching scary movies and I kept turning the volume down out of fear an infected human came out of nowhere to start chomping up on the disease-free. It did what it was supposed to, I was on edge the majority of the time, but the gore was a little much for me.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #1805
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
re: Talledega Nights, Borat (aka, Sasha Baron Cohen) steals the movie. He was brilliant.

He was great, I agree. Just the way he pronounced "Rrrrrricky Bobby" made me giggle helplessly.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #1806
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Will you be my Katie Couric?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #1807
Lorena
Unregistered

lol

I like how he said grace at the dinner table... "Dear tiny, infant Jesus..."

Last edited by Lorena : 05-02-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1808
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

He likes the baby Jesus, you can have the older Jesus.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1809
Lorena
Unregistered

You taste of America.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #1810
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
He likes the baby Jesus, you can have the older Jesus.

Well look, I like the Christmas Jesus best.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #1811
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Just say "I like crepes".
Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #1812
Lorena
Unregistered

We invented the missionary position, you're welcome.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #1813
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #1814
samifan24
Pro Starter

Iron Man - 8/10

An exciting and surprisingly funny superhero film, my favorite of the genre so far. Downey, Jr. is perfect as the anti-hero playboy Tony Stark. I would've liked a better villain and I thought the final battle was a little underwhelming but I really enjoyed this flick.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:02 AM   #1815
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Iron Man - 8/10

An exciting and surprisingly funny superhero film, my favorite of the genre so far. Downey, Jr. is perfect as the anti-hero playboy Tony Stark. I would've liked a better villain and I thought the final battle was a little underwhelming but I really enjoyed this flick.

Didja stick around for the scene after the credits?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #1816
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I did, and while I was thrilled and excited, I told my wife as we left the theater, "That has potential to be an enormous trainwreck."

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #1817
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

No but I wish I'd seen the scene. It's funny, as I was walking out, I wondered if there might be a scene after the credits but then I thought better of it.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #1818
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Iron Man - 8/10

I'd agree with this 100%
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #1819
Lorena
Unregistered

Heroes Season 1 - 9/10

The first few episodes were good but the last few were even better. I was expecting a longer fight scene in the end, but it was still very, very enjoyable. I appreciate it even more after watching the behind the scenes footage.

Iron Man - 8/10

I don't know anything about comic books so this rating is strictly on storyline, etc. The visual effects were amazing and the storyline was great. I didn't have an issue with the fight scene, it wasn't drawn out or short, but just right. I'm glad I came in here because we would have left the theatre without watching the scene after the credits, so thanks.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #1820
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Iron Man - 8/10

Yup, Antmeister said the same.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #1821
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Brewster's Millions - 6.5/10

Pryor (Brewster) is set to inherit $300-million, but like the old "i caught you smoking a cigarette, now you have to finish the whole pack" - he must spend $30-million in 30 days. The catch is he cant have any net worth at the end of the 30 days, so he cant spend it on art or anything like that which would have value.

It has all the normal early 80's production values, which are sort of charming here. Pryor moves at an absolutely FRANTIC speed the entire movie, once the challenge is laid down. I mean frantic. It is easily one of his best acting roles. And with John Candy as the lovable best friend...this movie was very entertaining.

I know it's a remake from the 30's or 40's, but I think it could easily be re-made again.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #1822
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 7.5/10

Excellent, exactly what I was expecting. The Dracula song at the bar had me absolutely dying. Once I got over the Meg Griffin trip my brain was having, Mila Kunis was mmmmmm.

Sweeney Todd - 6.5/10

I felt Johnny Depp was great as usual, and was really the main reason I wanted to see it. The blood/gore was over the top to the point of humorous. With that said, probably not a movie I'd watch again.

There Will be Blood - 7.5/10

The length really took it down from being an 8.5/9.0. My girlfriend hated it and didn't get it, but I loved the story and Daniel Day Lewis was spectacular!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #1823
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ironman - 9/10
Saw it twice actually (Friday and Saturday) with two different groups of people. Enjoyed the story, loved Downey Jr's funny lines and those robot arms, and he was bad ass as Ironman. I also liked the couple of hints at future developments.

I thought there were a couple of silly moments that you had to strain to believe, but they were in the first half. I would have also liked to see more crazy weapon action from Ironman, but it was still fine the way it was. This is up there with me for best superhero movies, along with Batman Begins, X-Men 1 and 2, Spiderman 1, Hellboy... and I'm probably missing a couple others.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #1824
Lorena
Unregistered

Scrubs Season 2 - 9/10

It's Scrubs and it's still awesome.

Superbad - 6/10

I thought some scenes were too long, and some were way over the top. I did feel uncomfortable for most of the movie, so it did what it was supposed to. The penis pictures were hysterical.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #1825
korme
Go Reds

Fargo (1996) - Pretty good story about arranged kidnappings. It got better as it went; William H. Macy was awesome in the lead role, Frances McDermond also did a fine job. I only didn't understand why one subplot was in the movie (involving the asian guy), but other than that a nice script that didn't need a wild ending to satisfy. 7.5/10
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #1826
Johnny93g
College Starter

Iron Man 5/10

I don't read comic books. Don't know anything about the iron man character or his world. With that said, Robert Downey Jr is the only reason i can think of too see this movie. I was expecting much more based on some of your comments FOFC. It was a typical super hero movie. Typical super hero plot holes, typical super hero villian, typical super hero ending. I even wasted 6 minutes of my life waiting for the scene at the end. My friends were pissed at me for making them stay!!!

I like Robert Downey, and i thought he was very good. It started good, and went downhill. The new previews for Indiana Jones and Batman were better then the movie.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #1827
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Iron Man 5/10

I don't read comic books. Don't know anything about the iron man character or his world. With that said, Robert Downey Jr is the only reason i can think of too see this movie. I was expecting much more based on some of your comments FOFC. It was a typical super hero movie. Typical super hero plot holes, typical super hero villian, typical super hero ending. I even wasted 6 minutes of my life waiting for the scene at the end. My friends were pissed at me for making them stay!!!

I like Robert Downey, and i thought he was very good. It started good, and went downhill. The new previews for Indiana Jones and Batman were better then the movie.

BLASPHEMY!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #1828
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah I don't know, do you like any of the other super hero movies? Because this is up there imo. And if you didn't like it, why stay until the end of the credits? You won't see the sequel...
Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #1829
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Yeah I don't know, do you like any of the other super hero movies? Because this is up there imo. And if you didn't like it, why stay until the end of the credits? You won't see the sequel...

I like the original superman's. I liked Batman Begins. I liked the 1st spiderman. I even thought the 2nd spiderman was good. Iron man was nothing special. By the end of the year, when most quality movies are released, i wont even remember it.
TML
Old 05-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #1830
korme
Go Reds

Iron Man - Here's another positive review, all I would do is repeat what everyone else has said- Downey was funny, the perfect anti-hero, blah blah! My favorite part about superhero movies is the story where it tells how they came to be who they are. 8/10
Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #1831
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Iron Man - Here's another positive review, all I would do is repeat what everyone else has said- Downey was funny, the perfect anti-hero, blah blah! My favorite part about superhero movies is the story where it tells how they came to be who they are. 8/10

Let it go, Shorty, our little prank of convincing Johnny93g to see this horrid mess was a success. We don't have to pretend anymore!

RIP
Old 05-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #1832
Flasch186
Coordinator

Eastern Promises - 8/10

One of the most realistic fight scenes Ive ever seen! Sloppy, messy, and utterly cringe worthy....Viggo showed his true capabilities in this movie.

A subtle storyline that peeled back like an onion and it was awesome.

I definitely recommend this if you like a slower developing suspense flick.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #1833
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Let it go, Shorty, our little prank of convincing Johnny93g to see this horrid mess was a success. We don't have to pretend anymore!

Better start now on the Incredible Hulk. It would take alot too get me into that one!!!
TML
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #1834
korme
Go Reds

I do want to see Eastern Promises, Viggo is the man
Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #1835
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post

Better start now on the Incredible Hulk. It would take alot too get me into that one!!!

Ed Norton alone would be worth the price of admission.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #1836
korme
Go Reds

Stranger Than Fiction (2006) - Can't believe I waited two years to see this. Label me pleasantly surprised. The first half hour to forty five minutes was pure comedy gold, and was finished off with a heartfelt story. Well done Marc Forster. 8/10
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #1837
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Stranger Than Fiction (2006) - Can't believe I waited two years to see this. Label me pleasantly surprised. The first half hour to forty five minutes was pure comedy gold, and was finished off with a heartfelt story. Well done Marc Forster. 8/10

Yup. Nice little movie with some good laughs and moments.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #1838
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

High Fidelity - 9/10

I had never actually watch this. I watched it last night with a buddy of mine and I walked away extremely impressed. The scenes in the record store with Cusack, Black, and Louiso were by far the best parts of the movie, imo. Jack Black was hilarious.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1839
Lorena
Unregistered

Resident Evil: Extinction - 3/10

Predictable, slow, unoriginal story.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #1840
Flasch186
Coordinator

Gone Baby Gone 10/10

Casey Affleck was great along with all the other parts of this ensemble. the twists and turns worked for me and the seedy underbelly of a downtrodden area of Boston came to life in a way that I didnt expect. The moral dilemma was one that came upon me in a way I didnt expect. This was an excellent movie that I highly recommend.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #1841
MikeVic
Head Coach

The Bucket List - 9/10
On the surface, it's about two older men that have only a year max to live, and decide to do a bunch of things together before they die. Of course there's more to it, and I really enjoyed the development of the two main characters and their relationship. I thought the last twenty minutes or-so were touching, and got a little choked up. A very nicely done movie, and both of the main actors (Freeman and Nicholson) did a good job.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #1842
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Gone Baby Gone 10/10

Casey Affleck was great along with all the other parts of this ensemble. the twists and turns worked for me and the seedy underbelly of a downtrodden area of Boston came to life in a way that I didnt expect. The moral dilemma was one that came upon me in a way I didnt expect. This was an excellent movie that I highly recommend.

I enjoyed this movie too, but there was a lot of suspension of disbelief necessary. I'd give it a 7.5/10, personally.

I would certainly recommend watching it, though.

RIP
Old 05-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #1843
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Cloverfield - 6/10

As an experiment, it's a 9.
As a movie, it's a 6.

I did enjoy the creatures.

I'm not sorry I saw it, but some kind of explanation would have gone a long way toward increasing my enjoyment.

RIP
Old 05-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #1844
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Resident Evil: Extinction - 3/10
Predictable, slow, unoriginal story.

I always have a hard time grading movies like this.. your AvP, Resident Evil, Aeon Flux's of the world. I know in the grand scheme of things these aren't good movies, but, eh.. I usually enjoy them.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #1845
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Alpha Dog - 8/10

Really enjoyed this one, much better than I had expected.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #1846
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Iron Man - 6/10: Underwhelming. Maybe I just bought into all the hype. It was a good movie, but I didn't think it elevated itself. Downey, Jr. and Paltrow were great, but I think there may have just been too much exposition. I think I was getting bored with him trying to become Iron Man rather than being Iron Man.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #1847
mckerney
Coordinator

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight and thought it was hilarious. Very funny all around and I loved the parts from the television show that Kristin Bell's character was in that mocked David Caruso's delivery of one liners on CSI.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #1848
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Iron Man - 6/10: Underwhelming. Maybe I just bought into all the hype. It was a good movie, but I didn't think it elevated itself. Downey, Jr. and Paltrow were great, but I think there may have just been too much exposition. I think I was getting bored with him trying to become Iron Man rather than being Iron Man.

Yeah, but you love Shakespeare in Love, so you're obviously not into, y'know, movies that are actually good.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:21 AM   #1849
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
The Bucket List - 9/10
On the surface, it's about two older men that have only a year max to live, and decide to do a bunch of things together before they die. Of course there's more to it, and I really enjoyed the development of the two main characters and their relationship. I thought the last twenty minutes or-so were touching, and got a little choked up. A very nicely done movie, and both of the main actors (Freeman and Nicholson) did a good job.

When I saw this movie in theaters, I went in fearing that it might end up being preachy. I was surprised at how profound the entire movie was. The third act of the movie was very touching, and I did cry a bit.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 AM   #1850
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
When I saw this movie in theaters, I went in fearing that it might end up being preachy. I was surprised at how profound the entire movie was. The third act of the movie was very touching, and I did cry a bit.

Ive always wanted to see it, but never gotten the time to actually do so. Heard the novel was excellent, and anything with freeman is usually worth a fair look.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote