Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #1801
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
KWhit, I would trade for that armor. I've got those darts (200) and 200 GPs for it, think about it.

Do you know how many times those darts can be used?

(Actually, can you repost the ID info on them?)
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #1802
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Anyone see dubb? I gave him a ring last night, and I want toknow if it will be of any use to me today, as we approach our Movement action.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #1803
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
for example - if you had more gold is there more healing potion or those bracers or anything that you could use thom?

I can always use more healing when you have 4 hp to start with. I found some healing herbs in a room search that will heal me before any battle I get into in the next room we fight in. Plus I have my armor spell that gives me protection and has saved my life two times now I think. With the way the combat rules are set up, we're just going to have to hope I survive long enough to retreat so one of you can fight then or I kill it like you just did with the earth imp. Don't have any other option that I can think of. The good news is should I survive I believe I will have enough xp to finally reach 2nd level.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #1804
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Also, ping chesapeake.

We need to redo moving the magic studded leather armor, since Abe wouldn't process orders sent in ahead of the day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #1805
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anyone want a Warhammer +1?

I'm interested. I'll give you 125 gold for it.

I also have magic studded leather armor +1 (or will, it's with ches being id'd), if you're interested.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #1806
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think the starting rooms have been decently well documented, no? I dislike the idea of moving back to the natural cave room I guess, but maybe going back/right is better than going right/?. I dunno...thoughts? Bout to head out for lunch though.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #1807
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I can always use more healing when you have 4 hp to start with. I found some healing herbs in a room search that will heal me before any battle I get into in the next room we fight in. Plus I have my armor spell that gives me protection and has saved my life two times now I think. With the way the combat rules are set up, we're just going to have to hope I survive long enough to retreat so one of you can fight then or I kill it like you just did with the earth imp. Don't have any other option that I can think of. The good news is should I survive I believe I will have enough xp to finally reach 2nd level.

well do you need any gold in order to purchase more healing/protective stuff?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #1808
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have no idea where I am since the teleport...anyone go through a room with a grove of trees and an alter to pray to, I thought someone did.

Abe - For leveling up (should it ever happen) can I retake a spell, i.e. magic missle...I'm debating strategy, if I have two magic missles, then I can cast it twice before going to my staff. I was just debating if this is feasible or if as I level up I can cast it more, I wasn't sure as to the mechanics of spellcasting.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #1809
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I have no idea where I am since the teleport...anyone go through a room with a grove of trees and an alter to pray to, I thought someone did.

Abe - For leveling up (should it ever happen) can I retake a spell, i.e. magic missle...I'm debating strategy, if I have two magic missles, then I can cast it twice before going to my staff. I was just debating if this is feasible or if as I level up I can cast it more, I wasn't sure as to the mechanics of spellcasting.

Nope

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #1810
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
well do you need any gold in order to purchase more healing/protective stuff?

I have approx 100 gold at the moment. I get a few 10 gold added here and there from ID's. Don't know how much healing stuff counts at the moment.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #1811
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Black Market
Give ntndeacon short sword
Retracted if it's not too late.

Ntn, I'd like to offer a trade of this short sword +1 for my (dubb's) long sword +1, I can't use the long sword, but apparently I can use the short sword.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #1812
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Our only exits today are back and right. According to my map and the way I am facing, right would take us back to the level of starting rooms. If we go back to the natural cave room, we can go left or right there to go to rooms we haven't visited yet. Left from there would put us back to the level of starting rooms, and I believe right would put us into the next level of difficulty. I submitted an action to move right, but we can change that.

don't think we are ready for the next difficulty level until I get to second level myself. So I say we just go right and hope for an non-starting room on that level, or an exit off the starting room we can use
Old 02-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #1813
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I am very interested in a magical longsword.

Who has one? Dubb? ntndeacon? Anyone else?
Obviously, I'm in possession of one right now, but I'm hoping to trade it to ntn for his short sword.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #1814
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I can neutralize poison now, for future reference.
You can be my best friend now, for future reference.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #1815
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Obviously, I'm in possession of one right now, but I'm hoping to trade it to ntn for his short sword.

I have a +1 whip, if that would interest you for +1 the long sword.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #1816
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Dat be an invisible creature holding dat mace or would jou be likin us to believe in da mental abilities of da inanimate objects?

I'm almost certain that the weapons are animated -- they were defeated by making contact with the weapon itself.

More on this in a second . . . .
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #1817
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm interested. I'll give you 125 gold for it.

I also have magic studded leather armor +1 (or will, it's with ches being id'd), if you're interested.

I'm definitely interested in that armor.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #1818
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Jackal, do you have to be in a person's presence to get rid of poison? I'm 'poisoned' so I'm very interested in getting rid of it.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #1819
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm definitely interested in that armor.

Maybe we can just do a straight trade then, or you can offer me up a couple free id's in the future, if I have the price right. I have been told the studded armor is woirth 250 gp. Did I read that the Warhammer is worth 200 gp? That's what I based my gold offer on.

In any case, ches has to send me the studded armor.

Actually, better yet, if we work something out, he can just send the studded magical armor to you.

If you're down with it, I'll just trade you the armor for the Warhammer.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #1820
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

sure Poli, but if it is dubb's wont he take offense?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #1821
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
don't think we are ready for the next difficulty level until I get to second level myself. So I say we just go right and hope for an non-starting room on that level, or an exit off the starting room we can use

fine by me!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #1822
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nah, he did tell me to keep/hold on to it. I'll make up the difference should there be a pricing issue. I'll check my ID's to confirm that.

Right now I'm waiting to confirm from Abe that I can actually use the short sword.

Kwhit's interested in a long sword, so he might offer you a trade. Want me to hold off on black marketing this over?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #1823
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe we can just do a straight trade then, or you can offer me up a couple free id's in the future, if I have the price right. I have been told the studded armor is woirth 250 gp. Did I read that the Warhammer is worth 200 gp? That's what I based my gold offer on.

In any case, ches has to send me the studded armor.

Actually, better yet, if we work something out, he can just send the studded magical armor to you.

If you're down with it, I'll just trade you the armor for the Warhammer.

Works for me -- I'll ID your stuff on the house the rest of the game, too.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #1824
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ntn,

Both swords have the same value. Dubb told me I could use the long sword, so I'm going to offer it as a trade for the short sword, since I can actually use a short sword. I can't use the long sword.

Kwhit, I confirmed that, at least for me, the short sword is the better weapon.

Unless ntn asks for it, I'm going to hold off on sending him the long sword so that if you two work out a trade I can send it to you.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #1825
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey thom - if you think more gold might help, i have quite a respectable amount and i'd be happy to help you
Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #1826
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ping ches.

Decide what you want to do with that fang yet?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #1827
boberot
High School Varsity

PING: Warrior / Paladins [all 2 or 3 of you.]

I found a trap door with this cool-sounding weapon inside. Anybody interested in a trade / purchase?

Kusari-Gama - 150 gold. This exotic weapon is very powerful in combat, but when wielded by someone who does not know how to wield exotic weapons, it is hard to hit with, and there is a chance that the attacker will get tripped up by the weapon and lose a turn in combat. Only warriors and paladins can attempt to use a Kusari-Gama without being trained. Once trained, a player can use this non-magical weapon to a great deal of devastation.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #1828
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, do you have to be in a person's presence to get rid of poison? I'm 'poisoned' so I'm very interested in getting rid of it.

I assume I do.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #1829
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
PING: Warrior / Paladins [all 2 or 3 of you.]

I found a trap door with this cool-sounding weapon inside. Anybody interested in a trade / purchase?

Kusari-Gama - 150 gold. This exotic weapon is very powerful in combat, but when wielded by someone who does not know how to wield exotic weapons, it is hard to hit with, and there is a chance that the attacker will get tripped up by the weapon and lose a turn in combat. Only warriors and paladins can attempt to use a Kusari-Gama without being trained. Once trained, a player can use this non-magical weapon to a great deal of devastation.

I'm very interested! I'd like to see it get ID'd first though so that I know I'm not buying something that's cursed! That'd be a prerequisite of sale.

And Abe - what's the deal with training?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #1830
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Works for me -- I'll ID your stuff on the house the rest of the game, too.

Awesome, thanks!

Ping chesaapeake

If you could just please send the magical studded leather armor to Passacaglia, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #1831
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm very interested! I'd like to see it get ID'd first though so that I know I'm not buying something that's cursed! That'd be a prerequisite of sale.

And Abe - what's the deal with training?

Umm...some people can get trained? Plus, remember the Robe of Stars description...

Man, a Monk with a Robe of Stars and a Kusari Gama would have been something to behold....

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #1832
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, these are darts of wounding. You throw these bad boys, which are one shot ranged weapons, at a baddie before you engage in combat. You hit it? You really hurt it, big time...it's like you've already won. Can't be thrown by paladins, wizards, artificers, clerics, or monks. Who the heck can throw them?

KWhit, there are three darts, here is the description, so three tosses.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #1833
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Ches,

I assume you are in the fortune teller room now?

So, if you go right, that should be the Whipsting room and if I go backwards, I'll be in the same room.

I'm low on HP so... I would have liked to heal up first before moving again, but no herbs/potions....

That is my plan. Alas, I have no healing items, either. Hopefully the whipstings that spawn in here won't kill me.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #1834
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh wait - it's non-magical hmm? the kusari-gama i mean.

abe - what's the deal with training?

boberot - let's discuss price/trade value so that if i get a response from abe on the training front that i like we can move forward with it.

I have my horsie-figurine worth 100 gold that essentially lets you double-move one day, and some gold.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #1835
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

is there a "training" section in the rules?

*runs to look*
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #1836
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Danny, I've put in my order to move "backwards" today so that I'll be parallel with you. If you move into the room next to you, tomorrow we'll meet up. OR if you want to wait a day to move into that room, we can move in there together from opposite sides and take on whatever terror there may be together. Your call.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #1837
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
KWhit, I would trade for that armor. I've got those darts (200) and 200 GPs for it, think about it.

Danny, I'm level 3 and, I think, close to 4 so we'll get you caught up quickly.

Ches, not sure if Abe is goin to make you repost as he said he wasn't taking advanced orders.
Black Market
Accept belt from Ches

Black Market
Send belt of protection to PB

I haven't caught up on the messages yet, but if I don't do this now, I'll forget.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #1838
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Also, ping chesapeake.

We need to redo moving the magic studded leather armor, since Abe wouldn't process orders sent in ahead of the day.

Chesapeake sends studded leather armor +1 to Chief Rum
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #1839
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

DT, if you don't trade the horse to Bob, let me know. I have an ambush/invisible potion that would allow you to get a free sneak attack basically which I would be interested in trading for the horsie, which would allow me to meet Danny sooner.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #1840
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
That is my plan. Alas, I have no healing items, either. Hopefully the whipstings that spawn in here won't kill me.

You need the company of a cleric. Both ntndeacon and I have healing spells (I even grabbed the Cure Moderate Wounds). Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, we seem to be in a different part of the dungeon from anyone else, because I haven't seen anyone mention being in any room resembling the ones we have been in.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #1841
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hey, ches, could you please retract this? I have worked out a deal with Passacaglia, and am now looking to have that item moved to him. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1842
The Jackal
Coordinator

I can also cure moderate wounds. Huzza.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1843
The Jackal
Coordinator

But I haven't seen or heard from anyone either. Boo.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #1844
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Ping ches.

Decide what you want to do with that fang yet?

I still don't have enough cash to buy it. I always have to spend it to buy herbs. An addiction is a terrible thing.

Chesapeake returns dagger +1 to PackerFan with thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #1845
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

will do PB!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #1846
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, ches, could you please retract this? I have worked out a deal with Passacaglia, and am now looking to have that item moved to him. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To be more clear, I have worked out a deal with Pass, and I would like you to move this item to him at your earliest convenience (didn't want to suggest we had not come to an agreement).

Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #1847
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
But I haven't seen or heard from anyone either. Boo.

Maybe us clerics were put in our own special little area.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #1848
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

Strike that. I'm still catching up.

Chesapeake sends studded leather armor +1 to Passacaglia
Old 02-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #1849
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe us clerics were put in our own special little area.

Like the kiddie pool?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #1850
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Like the kiddie pool?

That's enough out of you, Pinkerton.