Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #1801
kingfc22
Head Coach

And I have to go with this.

Vote Bullet.

Too much adds up especailly with all the things blade was saying about him.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #1802
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i'll give you the short short version

blades dead, he was the seer, everyone has voted for bulletsponge, people are getting suspicious of lathum....did i miss anything important

Personally, I'm not suspicious of lathum. I think Blade was just trying to convince people he's not the seer, with his comments about barkeep and dubb. I still think he scanned:

1. Lathum
2. Bek
3. bullet

I think Blade never needed to vouch for Lathum, since no one was suspicious of him. And with Bek, he didn't need to come out and say Bek was evil, since we were onto him already. But with bullet, he needed to push.

I could be wrong, since he pushed for bullet early, when there was a pretty good chance he could die anyway.

So my circle of trust, which is still flimsy: dubb, lathum, sndvls, chubby
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #1803
Barkeep49
Coordinator

saldana that was a great cliffs note version. Too bad he didn't see it
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #1804
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
did i miss anything important
Before i died i had lathum and saldana, and to some extent path, all riled up and ready to for one of my patented arguments. Cant forget that high point for today
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #1805
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well frankly I think Blade scanned me. Because I've posted a whole bunch of stuff and he didn't question any of it. Dubb? Same deal. When he revealed Blade was overall very calm about it. Seems to me like he would have had background on it else he'd have freaked out.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #1806
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agree w/ Barkeep

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #1807
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anybody have any thoughts on what might happen if bullet does not turn up as a nec?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #1808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Anybody have any thoughts on what might happen if bullet does not turn up as a nec?
Cry?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #1809
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I have no idea why bullet won't even try to defend himself, at least give something. Unless he's "favored by the gods" and is relying on that (hoops mentioned something about that with blade) he's f'd. My money is still on he's gotta be a necro
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #1810
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Before i died i had lathum and saldana, and to some extent path, all riled up and ready to for one of my patented arguments. Cant forget that high point for today

trust me, you have never seen me all riled up....and as far as me ommiting that from the synopsis, i though king would only want to read things that were new in the game, and you pushing peoples buttons is hardly new, now is it?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #1811
Tyrith
College Starter

I think we deserve extra points if we manage to pull off a unanimous vote.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #1812
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
trust me, you have never seen me all riled up....and as far as me ommiting that from the synopsis, i though king would only want to read things that were new in the game, and you pushing peoples buttons is hardly new, now is it?
I have no idea what your talking about....everybody loves both me AND my playing style
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #1813
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

I might be the only one here, but it wouldnt suprise me if bullet wasnt bad. I still stand by what I said that blade was reacting to the same things that I and others did on Bullet. Several of us had him on our radar, and I think Blade was pushing him to defend himself, typical blade fashion. I dont necessarily think Blade had privy info on him like he did on Dubb and Barkeep
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #1814
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I might be the only one here, but it wouldnt suprise me if bullet wasnt bad. I still stand by what I said that blade was reacting to the same things that I and others did on Bullet. Several of us had him on our radar, and I think Blade was pushing him to defend himself, typical blade fashion. I dont necessarily think Blade had privy info on him like he did on Dubb and Barkeep

The thing that keeps striking me is blade's talk about scanning "vets" and I'm having a hard time believing that he scanned bullet since he was so quiet. Guess we'll find out in 15 minutes or so.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #1815
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

8 minutes now
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #1816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

time check
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #1817
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hmm what time is it?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #1818
hoopsguy
General Manager

End of Day 4, Night 4 begins

After the shocking and disturbing death of the Mystic Blade6119, the camp quickly falls in line with the vote of bulletsponge. This group has very rarely found common ground, but today each and every man is ready to personally slit the traitor's throat. Bulletsponge is marched before the statue of Osiris and you experience something amazing. The eyes of the statue begin to glow and a red burning light emanates from them directly into the chest of the now revealed necromancer. His clothing lights on fire and you can smell burning flesh as he screams in pain and begs for release. It does not come quickly, much to the satisfaction of the assembled Egyptians.

Night 4 has begun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #1819
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

still less painful than blades
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #1820
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hehe cool
Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #1821
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

not a big surprise
Old 06-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #1822
st.cronin
General Manager

st.cronin approves

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #1823
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Least surprising result of the game.

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #1824
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So why didn't we get his exact role?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #1825
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, bek, if you turn out to be bad, you will be my new day one vote every game, even if you arent palying
I just stumbled upon this earlier in this game...i think someone made a promise they now must see through lol
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #1826
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2 necros so far, not to shabby
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #1827
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, but you have to feel that the night killings are imminent

Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #1828
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

hoops, with Bullet listed as just necromancer on the front page, does that mean he did not have any special role and was a generic necromancer, or is that just hidden info from us?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #1829
hoopsguy
General Manager

Generic necromancer. I don't hide any aspect of roles in death.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #1830
Tyrith
College Starter

The one thing this tells me is that, in all likelyhood, there isn't another initiate out there.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #1831
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tyrith: I agree.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #1832
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Generic necromancer. I don't hide any aspect of roles in death.
which means, if there are vanilla wolves, it is highly unlikely that they have duplicate roles...thus bek was probably the only initiate, and barkeep has an enchanted scarab
Old 06-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #1833
saldana
Pro Starter

dola,tyrith beat me to it
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #1834
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan- do you belive me now? No way is bullet going to come out and say he sensed something since he was a necro.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #1835
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So with this latest piece of information I no longer am promising to use my scarab tonight. And when I do use I will not say. Heck I might even pass it at some point if I think it'll do the villagers greater good.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #1836
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Alan- do you belive me now? No way is bullet going to come out and say he sensed something since he was a necro.

Well I feel better in that its more likely Blade -did- scan Bullet after all, which means that he m ight have been lying about you too... I'll think about it during night actions I suppose. Got to figure out what all happened today.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #1837
Swaggs
Coordinator

This is turning out to be an interesting story.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #1838
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hell yes!!!!
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #1839
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So interesting note, yesterday was a rare wolf vs wolf lynch votes... so what does that mean for those who voted for whichever? I doubt much since I doubt most of the bad guys knew Bek or Bullet were bad, much less both of them. Still interesting though!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #1840
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sweet. Another one bites the dust. The necs must be running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I feel like a little kid sticking out my tongue and shouting "you can't get me". Hehe
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #1841
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
So interesting note, yesterday was a rare wolf vs wolf lynch votes... so what does that mean for those who voted for whichever? I doubt much since I doubt most of the bad guys knew Bek or Bullet were bad, much less both of them. Still interesting though!
And fortunately we nabbed an Initiate before he could do too much harm.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #1842
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

True that

Old 06-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #1843
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hi Tyrith.

Guinness is good.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM   #1844
Vince
Pro Starter

Good work guys. Where to go from here though? Here's where I'm sitting...

We posited early on that there were probably a fairly large amount of necromancers in this one, since they started with the disadvantage of not knowing each other. I think it's fair to say that we all thought there were around 5 bad guys. With two down, I think it's safe to say we're looking at 2-4 bad guys left. If we assume the attack on Path last night was legit, we know that at least one of them was acting independently as of last night, and that they probably didn't find anyone last night if they were trying to go out and make a kill. So who do we go after at this point?

First...Lathum has seemed to be the next choice for quite a few people, but I don't feel quite so strongly about him. Not sure why...I have no reason to trust the guy. I'm willing to go with Lathum tomorrow, but like I said, I'm not ready to jump in right now -- I'd like to see some more stuff first.

Second...I still want to hear a bit more out of Kingfc22 and Schmidty. I know they've had issues (work, kids, etc), and that's fine...I won't hold it against them. But with few people to work with (in terms of distrust), it's getting pretty easy to just go after the quiet guys.

Third...Sorry Anxiety -- I didn't realize you had contributed so much to the game already

Finally...I might be a tad suspicious of Alan T, now that bulletsponge is revealed to be a necromancer. After day 1, I posted something along the lines of "there are two people I'm pretty sure I can trust...or I've found two bad guys trying to find each other." Someone mentioned it (Alan actually, I think), but I really wasn't very sure of what I thought I had "found," so I didn't say anything about it. In this post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T in post #462
Well some of our tools are limited, but our goal is still the same as every game. We need to develop ways to enlarge our circle of trust. It will kind of be like dealing with terrorist cells this game when we catch a bad guy, there is no gurantuee they will have any knowledge of any other bad guy, so not as much to go on. However if we create a tight enough circle of trust that is bulletproof, its only a matter of time to find them.

The bolded part really jumped out at me, specifically "bulletproof." With a new player named "bulletsponge" in the game, I thought that Alan might be referring to the fact that he already thought he could trust bulletsponge. Here's my post for reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince in post #653
...First off, I'm pretty sure that simply after reading through the thread that there are two people I can begin to trust already. Though with the fact that the bad guys don't know each other, maybe I'm picking up on bad-guy subtleties in trying to find one another. But I'm leaning more towards trusting them right off...I feel like I'm hosting the TV show Pictionary, but I have no cue cards, and the in-studio audience all has guns. Oh, and I left my bulletproof vest at home. Yeah, maybe I need to go back to bed.

The end part is my (admittedly) very lame attempt at being subtle and trying to figure out if I was right (Pictionary Host = Alan Thicke; Bulletproof Vest...yeah, like I said, retarded). No one seemed to pick up on it (at least that I could figure out), so I dropped it. But if there really was a link between Alan T and bulletsponge...

See, I'm getting so paranoid I'm grasping at MAJOR straws. Between this and Path's "Perfect Storm" (fake attack last night, fake scarab, he's really a necromancer idea I posted in post #1,713), maybe I should just stop talking and watch how things unfold.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #1845
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm off yo work, I'll be there until noon EST after which I'll be online for a little bit before i head to Rochester for a wedding (it's actually tomorrow but we're heading out today)
Old 06-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #1846
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Meanwhile.....Vince has gone completely apeshit.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 AM   #1847
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Meanwhile.....Vince has gone completely apeshit.

Conspiracy theories abound..still...I like the Alan Thicke part...

Two down...we need to determine the remaining number, I would venture to say if there is no night kill that they are less in number than we think...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #1848
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

The end part is my (admittedly) very lame attempt at being subtle and trying to figure out if I was right (Pictionary Host = Alan Thicke; Bulletproof Vest...yeah, like I said, retarded). No one seemed to pick up on it (at least that I could figure out), so I dropped it. But if there really was a link between Alan T and bulletsponge...

I didn't catch your references at all. I'm not usually good at the subtle hint game. I usually miss all of them and don't make them. If you're worried about my allegiances with Bullet, you can go back and look over the last few days. I think I was the first one who actually tried to push people to look at Bullet and his eratic behavior. I got called out for it by several people asking why I thought it was any different than any other new player.

But I did vote for him 2 days in a row
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #1849
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Everyone did vote for bullet right?

We may need to anaylyze by post numbers on that one, anyone volunteer?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #1850
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Schmidty was around a lot last night, chatting it up in other threads. Maybe he should make his way to this one?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote