Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #1801
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I love how news outlets have to report things so straight-forwardly. The article I just read says that Harbaugh doesn't plan to ditch Michigan. The actual quote: "Although no one knows the future, I think I will be coaching Michigan next year." That's as wishy-washy a statement as someone can make without acknowledging he's talking to NFL teams and there's a chance he takes one of the jobs if offered.

I suppose that's preferable to the Saban lecture journalists got when he was at Miami, but reporting this in such a naive, matter-of-fact way is kinda ridiculous.

I went back and searched for the story of Harbaugh signing the extension with Michigan. In my mind, I thought it was signed like two years ago only to find out he signed it last February. I also thought he said something like wanting to stay at Michigan for as long as they will have me. He may have but here is the quote from the prepared statement he gave at that time that stood out.

Quote:
My enthusiasm for tomorrow, the day after and every day following is as high as ever, and we are ready to get on the practice field and start preparations for the 2022 season. Go Blue!"

So can he say he was firmly committed on the 2022 season and the 2022 season only?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:59 AM   #1802
PilotMan
Head Coach

Over 6.3M now donated to Damar Hamilton's GoFundMe.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:55 AM   #1803
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The man, the myth, the legend, Nathan Peterman starting at QB for the Bears final game.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:56 PM   #1804
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Reading Harbaugh's quotes on this is a lot like those oracles from ancient times where the apparent goal was to issue a statement simultaneously sounding wise, ominous and so nebulous that interpretation was impossible.

He will remain at Michigan unless he doesn't.

This is, obviously, pissing people off to no end. Last year's recruiting class was seriously harmed by the flirtation with the Vikings. This year's could go the same way.

In the meantime (returning to Greek mythology) there's a Sword of Damocles hanging over the entire college football landscape. Players are being offered money to enter the portal. Some recruits are apparently turning their recruitment into a scene from Jerry Maguire (and not the cute ones with Renee Zellweger and that kid with the enormous head). You can't blame a coach for wanting to go to the NFL.

I don't see how anyone knows the answer to this other than Harbaugh himself. And if he knew for certain, he wouldn't be taking calls from NFL teams. But I also wonder if an NFL team can give him the security he wants without flagrantly violating the Rooney Rule.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:18 PM   #1805
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
But I also wonder if an NFL team can give him the security he wants without flagrantly violating the Rooney Rule.

I don’t think that the Rooney rule has ever prevented any owner from hiring who he wanted going into the process. My memory on this point is not encyclopedic, so I might be missing an obvious counter example. But it seems like a very minor formality the teams can easily work around.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:27 PM   #1806
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I don’t think that the Rooney rule has ever prevented any owner from hiring who he wanted going into the process. My memory on this point is not encyclopedic, so I might be missing an obvious counter example. But it seems like a very minor formality the teams can easily work around.

At first, probably. But in the last couple of years, the landscape has changed. And no coach wants to be known as a guy who participates in sham interviews solely for optics. It's no longer considered valuable to participate in the process itself for experience - though I'm not sure why that ever was all that valuable.

If Harbaugh wants to get back to the NFL and he wants security that he won't get rejected as the Vikings did last year, a team is going to lose draft picks.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:52 PM   #1807
miami_fan
Coordinator

With the introduction of the transfer portal/NIL, I am less bothered by college coaches searching for pro jobs than without those things. It definitely sucks for the fans of the programs these coaches leave behind.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-05-2023, 12:40 PM   #1808
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Update going on now. Doctors saying he is waking up and all brain function intact.

Those first responders are fucking heroes.

Last edited by Lathum : 01-05-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:41 PM   #1809
Edward64
Head Coach

They also said significant progress.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:42 PM   #1810
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's great news!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:11 PM   #1811
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Fascinating - talk now is calling the game no contest and adding an 8th team to the AFC playoff schedule to resolve the 1 seed bye issue.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-05-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:12 PM   #1812
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fascinating - talk now is calling the game no contest and adding an 8th team to the AFC playoff schedule to resolve the 1 seed bye issue.

Well, as absurd suggestions go, I guess that's one.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:17 PM   #1813
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

What?!?
Old 01-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #1814
Ksyrup

It's win-win - they don't have to deal with rescheduling or not because of the inherent advantage/disadvantage to whatever team AND they get another TV spot to make up for (or add to) the canceled MNF game.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-05-2023, 01:19 PM   #1815
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Is MIJB going to have to add another line to his playoff calculations every year called “and if they randomly add an eighth team”?
Old 01-05-2023, 01:20 PM   #1816
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's win-win - they don't have to deal with rescheduling or not because of the inherent advantage/disadvantage to whatever team AND they get another TV spot to make up for (or add to) the canceled MNF game.

A no contest and standings chips fall where they may is fine with me.

The notion of inventing an extra playoff team is absurd a.f. afaic.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:21 PM   #1817
Ksyrup

I think it's short of being called a report. It appears more speculation on Mike Florio's part. But he may be the mesage-floater to see how it lands?
Old 01-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #1818
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Participation trophies all around.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #1819
Ksyrup

Also, apparently Hamlin is able to communicate in writing and one of the first things he asked was if the Bills won.

Cue the "See, they should have forced them to play!" crowd...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-05-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:35 PM   #1820
rjolley
College Starter

I get declaring the game a no contest. I would've thought a tie would be better, but ok.

What I don't get is how adding an 8th team solves anything besides recovering revenue from a missed tv game.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-05-2023 at 01:36 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:46 PM   #1821
Ksyrup

I think the theory is that the game, had it been played, would have factored heavily in who gets the 1 seed. Adding a team to the playoffs eliminates the bye and thus negates any bias inherent in the decision of whether to reschedule that game.

Now, I think the best and most practical approach is just take the records as they are on Sunday and be done with it. Shit happens in real life. Deal with it.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:49 PM   #1822
stevew
Hall Of Famer

10-12 teams into the playoffs from each league is the next step I’m sure. Get ready for a Thursday night playoff game.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:50 PM   #1823
henry296
College Starter

I think a tie and no contest have the same practical effect on the standings.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #1824
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

This. The talk actually gets worse.

Quote:
To ensure competitive balance, there would have to be eight teams in the NFC, too.

My initial thought is declare a no contest and go by whatever the standings say. I will wait for MIJB to confirm but here is what I think the ramifications would be if it is declared a no contest. Best I could tell the Bengals are going to be the AFC North champs and the 3rd seed no matter what happens on Sunday.

The Bills will be the #1 seed if they win and the Chiefs lose. The Chiefs will be the #1 seed if they win and the Bills lose. If both teams win, the Chiefs get the #1 seed by like .01 percentage points.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:18 PM   #1825
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: no contest versus tie

Let's assume BUF wins their next game, goes to 13-3

With a no contest their win pct is 0.8125 (13/16)
With a tie, which is half win half loss under NFL rules, win pct is 0.794
(13.5 / 17)

edit to add: If KC wins, goes to 14-3, their win pct is 0.8235 (14/17)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-05-2023 at 02:19 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:27 PM   #1826
cuervo72
Head Coach

The idea of adding a team is asinine. Just call it a no contest and deal with it.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:30 PM   #1827
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
re: no contest versus tie

Let's assume BUF wins their next game, goes to 13-3

With a no contest their win pct is 0.8125 (13/16)
With a tie, which is half win half loss under NFL rules, win pct is 0.794
(13.5 / 17)

edit to add: If KC wins, goes to 14-3, their win pct is 0.8235 (14/17)

Which means KC is #1 if they win regardless of the tie/no contest decision.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:33 PM   #1828
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Which means KC is #1 if they win regardless of the tie/no contest decision.

Correct. The only way Buffalo can be the #1 seed is if they play the missing game and win
Old 01-05-2023, 02:51 PM   #1829
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

What I just saw, they are leaning more towards a no contest, but the AFC championship would be played on a neutral site if that no contest affects either team. Indy is the most likely host.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-05-2023 at 02:51 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:40 PM   #1830
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There’s another problem with adding an eighth seed at the last minute. Teams will have made decisions like placing a guy on IR or something based on the fact that they were out of the playoffs. This seems like the classic situation of solving one problem by creating 10 new problems.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:52 PM   #1831
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
There’s another problem with adding an eighth seed at the last minute. Teams will have made decisions like placing a guy on IR or something based on the fact that they were out of the playoffs. This seems like the classic situation of solving one problem by creating 10 new problems.

Whoever, is the 8th side is still alive, so i doubt that impacts them. Right now that would be Miami and Seattle.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:07 PM   #1832
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

This is only NFL tangential, but I'm watching the New Zealand Super Smash T20 cricket league and there's kids running around in the rain wearing DK Metcalf and Kenny Pickett jerseys.

WTF?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:08 PM   #1833
Ksyrup

Peyton Hillis is in critical condition after a swimming accident.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:11 PM   #1834
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Peyton Hillis is in critical condition after a swimming accident.

Wow. looks like he was saving his kids from drowning in the ocean.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:24 PM   #1835
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Atlanta is the other possible site for a neutral AFC Championship Gane that the NFL is floating.

Edit- The Bills-Bengals game is officially canceled, btw. The neutral site AFC possibility is the only change to the off season.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-05-2023 at 08:28 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:00 PM   #1836
Galaril
Pro Starter

I don’t see any mention of a 8th team now? Just the neutral site stuff.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:16 PM   #1837
Ksyrup

Michigan and Harbaugh about to get a notice of violations. That might factor in his NFL decision. He's personally getting a Level 1 failure to cooperate notice.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:28 AM   #1838
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I don’t see any mention of a 8th team now? Just the neutral site stuff.

I think they leaked that as a trial balloon, saw the reaction, and will never admit having ever considered it.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:59 AM   #1839
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Dolphins fans you think there is any truth to the rumor McDaniel is coaching for his job this weekend, or just Boyer? Being forced to play backup QB's obviously didn't help, but even with Tua out there in the 2nd half it seemed defenses had adjusted and learned how to take away those early down deep threats.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:03 AM   #1840
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Let's hope I've got this calculated correctly:

Buffalo
win + win -> #1
win + tie + Kansas loss/tie -> #1
win + tie + Kansas win -> #2
tie + tie + Kansas loss -> #1
tie + tie + Kansas win/tie -> #2
win (vs CIN) + loss (vs NEP) + Kansas loss -> #1
win (vs CIN) + loss (vs NEP) + Kansas win/tie -> #2
win (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati loss/tie (vs BAL) + Kansas loss -> #1
win (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati loss/tie (vs BAL) + Kansas win/tie -> #2
win (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati win (vs BAL) + Kansas loss -> #2
win (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati win (vs BAL) + Kansas win/tie -> #3
tie (vs CIN) + loss (vs NEP) -> #2 *A
tie (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati loss (vs BAL) -> #2
tie (vs NEP) + loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati win/tie (vs BAL) -> #3
loss+loss -> #3
*A Buffalo has common games tie-breaker over Cincinnati in this scenario

Kansas
win + Buffalo loss/tie -> #1
win + Buffalo win + Buffalo win -> #2
tie + Buffalo loss -> #1
tie + Buffalo tie + Buffalo tie -> #1
tie + Buffalo win + Buffalo win/tie -> #2
loss + Buffalo loss + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati loss/tie (vs BAL) -> #1
loss + Buffalo loss + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati win (vs BAL) -> #2
loss + Buffalo loss (vs NEP) + Buffalo tie (vs CIN) -> #1
loss + Buffalo loss (vs CIN) + Buffalo tie (vs NEP) + Cincinnati loss/tie (vs BAL) -> #1
loss + Buffalo loss (vs CIN) + Buffalo tie (vs NEP) + Cincinnati win (vs BAL) -> #2
loss + Buffalo tie + Buffalo tie -> #2
loss + Buffalo win (vs CIN) + Buffalo loss (vs NEP) -> #2
loss + Buffalo win (vs NEP) + Buffalo loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati loss/tie (vs BAL) -> #2
loss + Buffalo win (vs NEP) + Buffalo loss (vs CIN) + Cincinnati win (vs BAL) -> #3
loss + Buffalo win + Buffalo tie -> #2
loss + Buffalo win + Buffalo win -> #2

Cincinnati
win (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Kansas loss -> #1
win (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Kansas win/tie -> #2
win (vs BAL) + tie (vs BUF) -> #3 *A
win (vs BAL) + loss (vs BUF) -> #3
tie (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Buffalo loss (vs NEP) -> #2
tie (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Buffalo win/tie (vs NEP) -> #3
tie (vs BAL) + loss/tie (vs BUF) -> #3
loss (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Buffalo loss (vs NEP) -> #2
loss (vs BAL) + win (vs BUF) + Buffalo win/tie (vs NEP) -> #3
loss (vs BAL) + tie (vs BUF) -> #3
loss (vs BAL) + loss (vs BUF) + LA Chargers loss/tie -> #5
loss (vs BAL) + loss (vs BUF) + LA Chargers win -> #6
*A Buffalo has common games tie-breaker over Cincinnati in this scenario

Jacksonville
win/tie -> #4
loss -> no playoffs

Baltimore
win + Cincinnati loss (vs BUF) -> #3
win + Cincinnati win/tie (vs BUF) + LA Chargers loss/tie -> #5
win + Cincinnati win/tie (vs BUF) + LA Chargers win -> #6
tie + LA Chargers loss -> #5
tie + LA Chargers win/tie -> #6
loss -> #6

LA Chargers
win -> #5
tie + Baltimore loss/tie -> #5
tie + Baltimore win -> #6
loss + Baltimore loss -> #5
loss + Baltimore win/tie -> #6

New England
win -> #7
tie + Miami loss/tie + Pittsburgh loss/tie -> #7
tie + Miami win/Pittsburgh win -> no playoffs
loss + Miami loss + Pittsburgh loss -> #7
loss + Miami win/Pittsburgh win -> no playoffs

Miami
win + New England loss/tie -> #7
win + New England win -> no playoffs
tie + New England loss + Pittsburgh loss/tie -> #7
tie + New England win/tie / Pittsburgh win -> no playoffs
loss -> no playoffs

Pittsburgh
win + New England loss/tie + Miami loss/tie -> #7
win + New England win / Miami win -> no playoffs
tie + New England loss + Miami loss -> #7
tie + New England win/tie / Miami win/tie -> no playoffs
loss -> no playoffs

NY Jets
whatever -> no playoffs

Tennessee
win -> #4
loss/tie -> no playoffs

Cleveland
whatever -> no playoffs

Philadelphia
win/tie -> #1
loss + Dallas loss/tie + San Francisco loss/tie -> #1
loss + Dallas loss/tie + San Francisco win -> #2
loss + Dallas win -> #5

San Francisco
win + Philadelphia loss -> #1
win + Philadelphia win/tie -> #2
tie + Minnesota loss/tie -> #2
tie + Minnesota win -> #3
loss + Minnesota loss -> #2
loss + Minnesota win/tie -> #3

Minnesota
win + San Francisco loss/tie -> #2
win + San Francisco win -> #3
tie + San Francisco loss -> #2
tie + San Francisco win/tie -> #3
loss -> #3

Tampa Bay
whatever -> #4

Dallas
win + Philadelphia loss + San Francisco loss -> #1
win + Philadelphia loss + San Francisco win/tie -> #2
win + Philadelphia win/tie -> #5
loss/tie -> #5

NY Giants
whatever -> #6

Seattle
win + Green Bay loss/tie -> #7
win + Green Bay win -> no playoffs
tie + Detroit - Green Bay tie -> #7
tie + Detroit/Green Bay win -> no playoffs
loss -> no playoffs

Detroit
win + Seattle loss/tie -> #7
win + Seattle win -> no playoffs
tie + Seattle loss -> #7
tie + Seattle win/tie -> no playoffs
loss -> no playoffs

Green Bay
win -> #7
tie/loss -> no playoffs

Washington
whatever -> no playoffs

New Orleans
whatever -> no playoffs
Scenarios if CIN-BUF isn't resumed:

Kansas
win -> #1
tie + Buffalo loss/tie -> #1
tie + Buffalo win -> #2
loss + Buffalo loss -> #1
loss + Buffalo win/tie -> #2

Buffalo
win + Kansas loss/tie -> #1
win + Kansas win -> #2
tie + Kansas loss -> #1
tie + Kansas win/tie -> #2
loss -> #2 *A
*A Buffalo has common games tie-breaker over Cincinnati

Cincinnati
whatever -> #3

Baltimore
win + LA Chargers loss/tie -> #5
win + LA Chargers win -> #6
tie + LA Chargers loss -> #5
tie + LA Chargers win/tie -> #6
loss -> #6
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #1841
Ksyrup

Hamline is breathing on his own and speaking to family. Amazing!
Old 01-06-2023, 09:28 AM   #1842
Ksyrup

And, he as well enough to do this.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:51 AM   #1843
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

He's awake and asking questions on paper!!!!!!!!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:58 AM   #1844
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh wow he's talking? missed that
Old 01-06-2023, 09:59 AM   #1845
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Now let's hope he heals and doesn't have another attack
Old 01-06-2023, 10:42 AM   #1846
molson
General Manager

He even jumped in on a team meeting on Zoom.

Last edited by molson : 01-06-2023 at 10:42 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:01 PM   #1847
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Update going on now. Doctors saying he is waking up and all brain function intact.

Those first responders are fucking heroes.

It was definitely a team effort but I think we should know who the individuals that were a part of that team. They absolutely deserves all the recognition. I got chills just from the bit of transcript from the audio communication below. Well done Denny Kellington. Well done indeed.

Buffalo Bills trainer Denny Kellington saved Damar Hamlin's life on the field, head coach says | CNN

Quote:
At 8:55 p.m. ET, when Hamlin hit the ground, someone can be heard saying, “Go over to the cot. I don’t like how he went down.”

A few seconds later, another voice says, “We’re going to need everybody. All call, all call.” Within the minute, several other cries go out for all personnel to rush to the field.

Between 9:12 and 9:20 p.m., personnel can be heard requesting another medic and emergency equipment for the ambulance.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:46 PM   #1848
Butter
Coordinator

My 2 kids were there Monday night and I was watching at home.

Going from that scene to the man being responsive, communicative, and on his way to recovery less than 4 days later is just remarkable.

I don't know that everything could've gone any better considering the incident that happened.

If the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl this year, you really hope it is the Bills year at this point.

There was already a camaraderie between Bengals and Bills fans, and it just strengthened from this.

You do wonder what will happen to these two teams especially. Where will their mindset be this weekend and in the playoffs?

It didn't matter to me two days ago, but now hearing about Hamlin and how it seems like he will recover, it does seem ok to turn back to the joy of competition itself. Hopefully the joy of that combined with the joy of his recovery will make this an end of season to remember.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:52 AM   #1849
stevew
Hall Of Famer

80 for Brady getting that elusive and influential 65+ female demographic to the movies I’m sure.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 03:45 PM   #1850
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Seems that former number-one pick Jadeveon Clowney has gotten his wish and the Browns want nothing more to do with him.

He'll get big money somewhere, but you wonder if he's hitting the age when it's simply a bad bargain and all that bluster over the last week is a player who is unwilling to admit he can't make a difference anymore.