Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

If it was good enough for Kordell...

Porter wants to retire as Steeler | TribLIVE
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #1752
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So RGIII and Luck both signed, and both to fully guaranteed deals. What is this, the NBA?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #1753
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Steelers cut Jonathan Scott and resign Starks. Haley has done no wrong yet. Scott was a disaster of a lineman last year, and Starks was solid from the minute he rejoined the line.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #1754
Grover
Pro Starter

Bengals rookie cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick suffered a leg injury while gearing up for camp, a league sources tells CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora. The injury could involve a broken bone in his leg, according to the source, with the rookie possibly missing most or all of camp.

Fuck.

Also, when did La Canfora leave NFL Network? I'll miss his lazy eye.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #1755
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Should have known things were too good to be true.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #1756
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I guess that makes the CB picture a little less cloudy in Cinci.. Or more cloudy. I'm not a weather man.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #1757
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I guess that makes the CB picture a little less cloudy in Cinci.. Or more cloudy. I'm not a weather man.

Do they have Aaron Berry's beeper number? They better beat the Vikings to it, yo.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #1758
spleen1015
Coordinator

Ryan Kalil says the Carolina Panthers are going to win the Super Bowl.

View Ryan Kalil's full-page 'Super Bowl' ad | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #1759
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Do they have Aaron Berry's beeper number? They better beat the Vikings to it, yo.

Hell no. If they bring in anyone, I will be pissed.

They're 4-5 deep at CB without Kirkpatrick and word has been that Brandon Ghee is making a run at getting some playing time this offseason. Thankfully that depth will allow them to avoid most of the pain this injury might have normally caused. It also doesn't sound like Dre will be out for the season, but I wouldn't be surprised now if they PUP him or maybe even redshirt him this year.

FUCK EA
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #1760
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Bengals rookie cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick suffered a leg injury while gearing up for camp, a league sources tells CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora. The injury could involve a broken bone in his leg, according to the source, with the rookie possibly missing most or all of camp.

Fuck.

Also, when did La Canfora leave NFL Network? I'll miss his lazy eye.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if the germ in my memory is correct, he is still doing work for the NFL Network. He writes for CBS on the side.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #1761
spleen1015
Coordinator

I believe he left the NFL Network on July 1 and works full time for CBS.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #1762
MrBug708
Head Coach

Brian Price traded to the Bears for a late round pick. Guy is talented, but has had a life full of bad luck. Hopefully he can turn it around with the Bears
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #1763
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Brian Price traded to the Bears for a late round pick. Guy is talented, but has had a life full of bad luck. Hopefully he can turn it around with the Bears

...and be the only positive in a season where the defense completely collapsed, the offense never clicked and even Hester showed his days as a return man appear numbered.

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #1764
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Steelers extend Antonio Brown, most likely with the money that was previously earmarked for Mike Wallace. I'm sure Wallace will get paid next spring by someone, but it probably won't be us. He didn't show up at camp either.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #1765
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Steelers extend Antonio Brown, most likely with the money that was previously earmarked for Mike Wallace. I'm sure Wallace will get paid next spring by someone, but it probably won't be us. He didn't show up at camp either.

yep, that was my guess as well. Very typical Steelers fashion. I have to say I'm really surprised by Wallace considering last year. I know you want to get paid, but I don't think that following the Moss/Owens/Johnson is the way to get it done in Pittsburgh.

Like Steam?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #1766
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Nothing like sending a message there huh
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #1767
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Brown is probably the better receiver of the two anyway.

FUCK EA
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #1768
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Turns out Wallace turned down 50 mil over 5 years. Guess he probably ends up getting traded. I bet there are plenty of teams that will be vying for him, I just hope Cinci stays as far away from that as possible. My guess is his best fit would be in Washington or Indy. I don;t know how much room Chi-town has, but he would seem to be a perfect guy to pair with a possession guy like Marshall.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #1769
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Turns out Wallace turned down 50 mil over 5 years. Guess he probably ends up getting traded. I bet there are plenty of teams that will be vying for him, I just hope Cinci stays as far away from that as possible. My guess is his best fit would be in Washington or Indy. I don;t know how much room Chi-town has, but he would seem to be a perfect guy to pair with a possession guy like Marshall.

GM Kevin Colbert has already come out and said he's not being traded (yeah, I know that's what they all say). But that's not how the Steelers operate. He has no leverage. He'll do the Vincent Jackson if needed, play his 6 games, have no clue in the new offense, be used as a 3rd or 4th receiver, and get way less as a UFA next season then he probably would have gotten from the Steelers this year.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #1770
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Jerry Jones: "I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and when it wasn't. I want me some glory hole."
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #1771
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Local media has been bashing 49ers 1st rounder AJ Jenkins after a poor showing at a mini-camp. Harbaugh got on the podium after training camp officially opened and put the media on blast, claiming that Jenkins will be a phenomenal NFL player.

Kind of like the "What are you talking about, we didn't go after Peyton" thing earlier this year, kind of out of the blue and strange. I like that he's defending his players, but why garner very public animosity with the media when you don't need to?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1772
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Local media has been bashing 49ers 1st rounder AJ Jenkins after a poor showing at a mini-camp. Harbaugh got on the podium after training camp officially opened and put the media on blast, claiming that Jenkins will be a phenomenal NFL player.

Kind of like the "What are you talking about, we didn't go after Peyton" thing earlier this year, kind of out of the blue and strange. I like that he's defending his players, but why garner very public animosity with the media when you don't need to?

Have you met Coach Jim Harbaugh?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #1773
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The 49ers intrigue me, because they were such a surprise/wildcard last year, and while a lot of folks seem to have moved them up to the next level based on last year's performance, I'm still open to the possibility that they may have caught lightning in a bottle last year, with the shortened camp schedule and it being Harbaugh's first year with the team. I'm wondering if, given enough time, his personality will ever rub the team the wrong way, rather than the right way, and whether a hiccup of some sort could send their collective attitude into 'us against us' rather than 'us against them'. Their schedule this year is also somewhat tough,. They've got the AFC East, and the NFC North, and open with Green Bay and Detroit, who will certainly test their defense early.

Allllllllllll that said, they still play in the GOTdamn NFC West. Until any of those other three teams show they can take the single step forward that each of their fanbases have been waiting years for, the 9ers could probably still collapse a few times, and slide into the playoffs, and there will always be a 'get right' game waiting around the corner. There's also no reason for me to discount their defense, and as long as they can keep performing as consistently and composed as the did last year, it won't matter much who they're playing.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #1774
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Well, we lose the NFL Network on August 1st here in Northern Kentucky. It sucks.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #1775
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Titans' O.J. Murdock dies of apparent suicide

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #1776
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Well, we lose the NFL Network on August 1st here in Northern Kentucky. It sucks.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/tim...ems/2012-07-30
Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1777
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Adrian Peterson heads to hospital after seafood bout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Old 07-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #1778
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post

I've known for a while as my wife works for the local cable company.

The discount she receives on services makes going to Direct TV a non-option.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #1779
PilotMan
Head Coach

And the Bengals extend Marvin for 2 more years. I like it. It's the right move for them.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis gets 2-year extension - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Bengals coach Marvin Lewis agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2014 season on Tuesday, giving him more chances to pursue the elusive goal of winning a playoff game.
Lewis already holds the club record for tenure as a head coach, entering his 10th season. Owner Mike Brown offered the extension even though the Bengals are 69-74-1 under Lewis with only three winning records and an 0-3 mark in the playoffs.

Like Steam?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #1780
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jamal Lewis, failure to pay child support. Arrest comes 4 months after his bankruptcy filing.

Former NFL star arrested in Clayton County *| ajc.com
Old 08-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #1781
PilotMan
Head Coach

Rothlisberger has a slight rotator cuff tear. Fuck.

Like Steam?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #1782
Rizon
Pro Starter

And the J-E-T-S annual locker room meltdown kicks off.

Offended Schilens calls Cromartie's comments on Jets WRs a 'slight' - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #1783
Logan
Head Coach

I'm certainly no Jets or Cromartie fan, but Schilens should STFU and worry about staying on the field for more than 3 consecutive plays without breaking or pulling something. Dude's been a fantasy sleeper for 5 years.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #1784
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Browns sold for over $1B

I love the move - Lerner was never "into" owning the Browns. It was his dad's (mess) business and was inherited when daddy passes away.

Wonder how quick Holmgren will get the axe...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #1785
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Rothlisberger has a slight rotator cuff tear. Fuck.

Actually they said on the radio this morning that it is healed. It was hurt last fall, and he has been healing it in the offseason.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #1786
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm certainly no Jets or Cromartie fan, but Schilens should STFU and worry about staying on the field for more than 3 consecutive plays without breaking or pulling something. Dude's been a fantasy sleeper for 5 years.

Yeah, with an emphasis on sleeper.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #1787
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Browns sold for over $1B

I love the move - Lerner was never "into" owning the Browns. It was his dad's (mess) business and was inherited when daddy passes away.

Wonder how quick Holmgren will get the axe...

I wonder how much (if any) of this sale will be invested into Aston Villa.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1788
oykib
College Starter

Coughlin upset with his player's PED suspension for taking a prescription drug
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #1789
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with Coughlin. I think the NFL is going down a slippery slope when they suspend someone for taking a prescription drug for a diagnosed anxiety issue.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #1790
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like I've seen 6 times more stories about the Jets/Saints than the rest of the teams in the league combined.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #1791
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel like I've seen 6 times more stories about the Jets/Saints than the rest of the teams in the league combined.

I'm not usually annoyed by much when it comes to sports coverage, but ESPN being at Jets camp is over the top for me. They haven't fucking done anything other than trade for Tim Tebow. The day Tebow is gone can't come soon enough for me.

Eli had a good take on the whole thing.

Eli Manning jabs Tim Tebow, Jets coverage - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #1792
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Chris Kluwe apologized to fans for Tebowing a pass on a fake punt in practice, that's about all the camp coverage I've seen so far.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1793
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It was just a couple days ago I saw an interview with one of the female anchors.. First she interviewed Sanchez, then she interviewed Tebow. She was clearly going to Hitachi herself into oblivion once she got home from work.

FUCK EA
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1794
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I loved the one reporter who called Mark Tim. "I'm Mark." "Yes, I know, sorry."

Ha!

As far as football news, I just found out a friend of mine from my former firm scored the firm's 8 tickets to the Broncos game at Cincinnati on November 4th, so it looks like I'll be going to my first NFL game since the 80s. I just hope Peyton's still standing by November.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #1795
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually they said on the radio this morning that it is healed. It was hurt last fall, and he has been healing it in the offseason.

Yeah, makes sense. Married last summer, now his wife's pregnant. Obviously overused that arm over the last 12 months.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1796
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree with Coughlin. I think the NFL is going down a slippery slope when they suspend someone for taking a prescription drug for a diagnosed anxiety issue.

Adderall has no valid usage for anxiety. In fact, it would make it worse. It is a stimulant that can aid performance however.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #1797
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Adderall has no valid usage for anxiety. In fact, it would make it worse. It is a stimulant that can aid performance however.

BOOM, PSYCHIATRISTED!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #1798
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

just going by what the story said, and since you are an eagles fan I'm going to assume you are wrong.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #1799
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sash said he took a prescription drug (Adderall) while under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition in March, having no idea it was banned by NFL policy. The league denied his appeal.

from the story
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1800
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just going by what the story said, and since you are an eagles fan I'm going to assume you are wrong.

Dude, don't mess with a psychiatrist:

"Lathum is dead."

"Dead? How?"

"They heard EagleFan27 whispering to him all afternoon and Lathum crying. They found him at bed check. He'd swallowed his own tongue."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote