Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #1751
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All right, it's time.

I am Crystal Oculo. My apologies to KWhit for letting him hang. I didn't feel it was right to coem out then.

I haven't been a particularly great seer, since I haven't found a wolf. But with the BG still around, and a shrinking pool of probably three wolves, it seems to be the right time to set up an official CoT.

My results today, and the wolves' kill target allowed two more uncleareds to come off of the list, and I think that gives us a lot to work with.

Here goes:

Night One: Scanned Danny (good, of course)
Night Two: Scanned Abe (good, this is why I wanted to jail him at worst, not lynch)
Night Three: Scanned Autumn (good, wanted to get info from lynch votes on him)
Night Four (last night): Scanned path12 (good)

path was the first one that actually surprised me a little. I thought there was a good chance he would come up dark.

FTR, I think we need to lynch Lathum today to be certain he is the Cultist. If he is not, we cannot trust the above scans quite yet. But I am pretty sure Lathum is the Cultist. His block reference pretty much clears any remaining doubt, as we know the wolves weren't blocked last night.

Yes, Abe has been scanned.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #1752
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn would work for me too, any of the three really.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #1753
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I like Abe then as king.

Elect Abe as King
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #1754
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll be out until tomorow, just a quick check in. I agree that Abe is the best choice for King, being scanned and having a confirmed role. And you're all right, if we separate King and seer that's probably better, especially since Chief was probably protected last night.

elect abe sargent king

Again, I'll be here Monday, but for now I think Saldana is a clear choice to get some use out of Chief's last scan.

vote saldana jail
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #1755
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote Abe King

vote lynch saldana

Unless saldana comes around and gives us a plausible reveal, I think we learn more if saldana is lynched, so we know just what we're dealing with, rather than speculating on it for more than a day.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #1756
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Autumn King

Vote Lynch saldana

For now, let's see what saldana says.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #1757
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't see the value in jailing saldana. It tells us nothing about why I couldn't get a read, and if I couldn't get a read, neither will the king, more than likely.

VOTE LYNCH SALDANA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #1758
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Vote Abe King

Vote Saldana lynch
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #1759
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE ABE KING

VOTE SALDANA LYNCH
Old 06-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #1760
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seems like our best course of action
Old 06-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #1761
Autumn
Head Coach

I suppose that makes better sense. I was kind of holding on to see what Saldana had to say. Thinking on it, it seems likely that he's an independent faction. That would seem likely to result in a "hard to read" answer.

UNVOTE SALDANA JAIL
VOTE SALDANA LYNCH

I guess this is the best we have to go with, though it seems unlikely we're getting a lynch on a wolf. Maybe his role will be illuminating at least and possibly remove a third set of win conditions from the equation.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #1762
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Vote Abe King

Vote Saldana lynch
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #1763
MartinD
High School Varsity

VOTE ABE SARGENT KING

VOTE SALDANA LYNCH

This seems to be the consensus, and I don't have any viable alternatives to offer.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #1764
saldana
Pro Starter

holy crap...i guess that is what i get for assuming all would be quiet over the weekend!!!

i have no idea what the story with CRs scan of me is...i am as vanilla as they come, nothing special about me at all, so i dont know why i wouldnt come up as light aura

for whoever it was that said the dark one is both cunning and brutal, that only applies if he is in jail, which i am not, so that argument is garbage

vote abe king

unfortunately, this post bay be all you are going to hear from me (although it appears no one cared to hear from me to begin with) until at least 5...i have an all day training class at an offsite location...i dont know if there is going to be any access for me from there.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #1765
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

unfortunately, this post bay be all you are going to hear from me (although it appears no one cared to hear from me to begin with) until at least 5...i have an all day training class at an offsite location...i dont know if there is going to be any access for me from there.

That's not true. Both Abe and I back to back wanted to hear from you, and said so after our votes.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #1766
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
That's not true. Both Abe and I back to back wanted to hear from you, and said so after our votes.

I think it's safe to assume the whole village wanted to hear from saldana. Too bad it's two days later before that happens. No idea what the scan's about? A vet thinking nothing coming from a weekend deadline will happen? Fail.

I'll get my king vote in right now, too, since I forgot before.

VOTE ELECT ABE KING

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #1767
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
This seems to be the consensus, and I don't have any viable alternatives to offer.

This is about where I am at this point. I'm not sure there isn't more to CR's inability to read than just Sal being bad, but everyone is on the lynch Sal train and as you say there are no real viable alternatives.

Today I am a sheep.

VOTE LYNCH SALDANA

VOTE ABE KING
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #1768
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok well saldana didn't offer us anything. No reason not to

Lynch saldana
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #1769
SnDvls
Pro Starter

looks like another quiet day
Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #1770
Autumn
Head Coach

I think there are several possible options to Chief's poor read, which I listed some and I think others did. Saldana obviously is either denying those or unaware of them.

1) Saldana's an independent. He is claiming not to be, so if this is the case clearly there's something about his status that he does not want us to know.

2) Saldana's some kind of funny wolf? Dubb stated there might be other wolf roles other than the DO, so perhaps this is a sign of that.

3) Saldana is the Cultist and was being converted last night. This actually seems like a pretty good possiblity to me, as it would explain not being able to get a read. Obviously Saldana would not admit to this.

4) Somebody was interfering with Chief's scan. If Saldana was out doing something at night (other than a wolf kill I presume) perhaps that interfered. If somebody was blocking Chief from acting, perhaps this would be the result. If somebody else was performing a night action on Saldana perhaps this could be the result. Some of these Saldana might have no idea about, some he would.

If Saldana doesn't come clean on any of these he might know he's going to get lynched. So it seems clear that he either doesn't know anything or what he knows is incriminating. Or alternately that he's fine with being lynched (because he's an unconverted cultist or a brutal?).
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #1771
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
for whoever it was that said the dark one is both cunning and brutal, that only applies if he is in jail, which i am not, so that argument is garbage

My understanding of the rules is that the Dark One is both cunning and brutal at all times - the specific mention of cunning and brutal relating to jail has been made because all other roles lose their 'special abilities' when in jail.

Dubb - could you please clarify this?
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #1772
path12
Coordinator

I was waiting to hear from sal before putting a vote out, but that struck me as not having a convincing story ready to go. It's a pretty foregone conclusion at this point I'd say.

VOTE LYNCH SALDANA
VOTE ABE KING
Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #1773
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
The Dark One - May submit a story to the newspaper each night. Will be submitted as Diffama Fabula. May also delegate a night kill each night. The Dark One is cunning as well as being brutal...................
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #1774
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm wondering if the lack of newspaper articles isn't a hint that he's not back perhaps? We haven't had a news article from difama since they were killed. If it a requirement to submit newspaper articles (by the Dark one I mean?)

Might have beena subtle clue we've overlooked perhaps?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #1775
RendeR
Coordinator

I will not be around for either deadline tonight I'm afraid. Not that I have anything more to do since I've already voted and such. Just wanted everyone to know why I wasn't around later =)
Old 06-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #1776
Schmidty
Coordinator

This game has died. I'm bored watching.

We need more anger and conflict!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #1777
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm not sure if the newspaper article is a requirement, that would be a good clue. Seems unlikely though since after Difamma's death it would be clear who it was from, defeating the point of it, I guess.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #1778
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok well saldana didn't offer us anything. No reason not to

Lynch saldana

i have nothing to offer...if i did, i would...i am a one word vanilla villager, and i have no explanation for the bizzare scan

at this point i am less concerned with why the scan came up the way it did than i am with the fact that i am going to be dead soon...if the seer cant be trusted, i see very little chance for the village to win the game.

doubt me all you want now, but you will believe me in 6 hours.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1779
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume the whole village wanted to hear from saldana. Too bad it's two days later before that happens. No idea what the scan's about? A vet thinking nothing coming from a weekend deadline will happen? Fail.

OOC, im not usually one to take crap in WW personally, but this comment right here is bullshit...i could care less if you wanna lynch me for in game reasons, but the second you start adding to your reasons the fact that i spent time with my family instead of playing WW, you can kiss my ass, especially since the game signup didnt say shit about playing through the weekend, and if you care to go back and look, i never said i would be around or what my preference for play over the weekend would be. when you have no night action and the only deadline is a night phase, what the hell would i need to be here for.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1780
Autumn
Head Coach

Really? Nobody?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #1781
Autumn
Head Coach

oh somebody

So, Saldana, any theories then on what could have gone wrong with the scan? Are you suggesting the seer is bogus?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #1782
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Really? Nobody?

NOPE...no one
Old 06-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #1783
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -

it has made it rather easy to keep up with the reading today though as I do have a lot of work to complete.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #1784
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
oh somebody

So, Saldana, any theories then on what could have gone wrong with the scan? Are you suggesting the seer is bogus?

i dont know...at this point i am thinking that there is a mechanic that allows for a scan to be interfered with...note that the scan did not come back that i am a wolf...it came back as nothing...even the cunning wolf would have come up as something...i have never seen a scan result like that before.

and as i said, i cant do anything to prove myself except die, which is really going to confuse the crap out of you when i do come up vanilla
Old 06-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #1785
saldana
Pro Starter

possibly one of the unnamed powers of the cultist is to confuse the seer...that role seems to have a rather nebulous set of abilities.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #1786
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OOC, im not usually one to take crap in WW personally, but this comment right here is bullshit...i could care less if you wanna lynch me for in game reasons, but the second you start adding to your reasons the fact that i spent time with my family instead of playing WW, you can kiss my ass, especially since the game signup didnt say shit about playing through the weekend, and if you care to go back and look, i never said i would be around or what my preference for play over the weekend would be. when you have no night action and the only deadline is a night phase, what the hell would i need to be here for.

Damn, dude, you're taking that way too seriously. It was just an observation that I was surprised a vet would make that assumption. I am sorry if you took that the wrong way, but this is completely in game. In the game, you are a vet, and you know how these things work. I am permitted to be surprised that caught you offguard, and I said nothing personal or insulting here whatsoever. If you have a problem with the weekend thing, seems to me you should have a problem with the GM, not me.

Frankly, I am one to take things personally, and you crossed my line, by taking such an asinine little thing personally.

I am sorry to have offended you, and I mean that, because it was not intentional. You're way out on this, though.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #1787
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with saldana on this.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #1788
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think having a weekend life is fine and no one should vote for him because of that.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #1789
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Damn, dude, you're taking that way too seriously. It was just an observation that I was surprised a vet would make that assumption. I am sorry if you took that the wrong way, but this is completely in game. In the game, you are a vet, and you know how these things work. I am permitted to be surprised that caught you offguard, and I said nothing personal or insulting here whatsoever. If you have a problem with the weekend thing, seems to me you should have a problem with the GM, not me.

Frankly, I am one to take things personally, and you crossed my line, by taking such an asinine little thing personally.

I am sorry to have offended you, and I mean that, because it was not intentional. You're way out on this, though.

chief,i have always liked you and know you arent one to normally take pot shots, which is why i actually tempered my initial response...if i am way off, my bad, and no worries on my side.

peace out

i will now go back to discussing the fact that your scan is bullshit
Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #1790
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I think having a weekend life is fine and no one should vote for him because of that.

Not why I voted for him. I voted for him because I didn't buy his story when he came back.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #1791
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Or to be more accurate, I voted for him yesterday or Saturday (whenever I placed my vote) because of the oddness of the scan results, which generally says something besides villager. And then his response today was not something that moved me to change my vote.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #1792
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 6 Vote Count (11p Deadline):

Saldana Lynch - 11 - USFL (1755), Abe (1756), CR (1757), Lerriuqs (1758), Jackal (1759), Autumn (1761), SnDvls (1762), MartinD (1763), RendeR (1767), BK (1768), Path (1772)

Yet to Vote: Saldana

Day 6 King Election Count (7p Deadline):

Abe - 11 - BK (1753), Autumn (1754), USFL (1755), Lerriuqs (1758), Jackal (1759), SnDvls (1762), MartinD (1763), Saldana (1764), CR (1766), RendeR (1767), Path (1772)

Autumn - 1 - Abe (1765)
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #1793
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, just to clarify further. I didn't buy saldana's "WW" story i.e. that he doesn't know what's up with the lack of a scan. I completely buy the weekend story. saldana wouldn't lie about that.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #1794
saldana
Pro Starter

vote the jackal

he has been seriously UTR and last time i played with him and he was this quiet, he was also furry.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #1795
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will say this, if saldana does turn up a villager, I'll be pretty annoyed that that mechanic wasn't made public (whatever caused the inability to get a scan).

Old 06-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #1796
SnDvls
Pro Starter

[quote=saldana;2050516]vote the jackal

QUOTE]

for what???
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #1797
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will say this, if saldana does turn up a villager, I'll be pretty annoyed that that mechanic wasn't made public (whatever caused the inability to get a scan).

you and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Quote:
vote the jackal

for what???

i dont really have anythng to go on besides gut right now. as i have said all day, i am boring vanilla, and dont have anything to offer as far as help goes....the only info available to me has been the rather worthless lynch vote records
Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #1798
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 6 Final King Election Count:

Abe - 11 - BK (1753), Autumn (1754), USFL (1755), Lerriuqs (1758), Jackal (1759), SnDvls (1762), MartinD (1763), Saldana (1764), CR (1766), RendeR (1767), Path (1772)

Autumn - 1 - Abe (1765)

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-15-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #1799
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For the third time this year the residents of Metou gather to crown a new king. This time Abe Sargent will accept the crown. He finds himself in the Great Hall of Kings where every king looks at him from the walls. Well, every king except for Passacaglia who was killed prior to his official portrait being painted.

How will the reign of King Abe be remembered? Will he be able to live up to King Schmidty the Great?

Abe Sargent has been elected your King
Day 6 ends 11p EST

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe - Elected King Day 6
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia - Elected King Day 3, Killed Night 5, Arbitro
8. Telle - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 4
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn
12. Lathum - Lynched Day 5, Follower of The Dark One
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo - Diffama Fabula - Killed Night 3
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit - Lynched Day 4, Vanilla Villager
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager
Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #1800
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well, every king except for Passacaglia who was killed prior to his official portrait being painted.

Lame!!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote