Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #1751
MikeVic
Head Coach

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 9/10
Sarah Marshall breaks up with Peter, and Peter spends the rest of the movie getting over her. A very funny movie, with awesome one-liners and scenes. The beginning penis shots I could've done without, but the rest of the movie was awesome. Secondary characters are funny, CSI spoofs are great, and the ending play was great too.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #1752
rowech
Pro Starter

Baby Mama -- Yeah....I saw it. I thought it was funny. I really think Fey and Poehler make a great team. I'm entertained more by those two than I am by Ferrel and Reilly. Only 1.5 hours long so just right for a comedy in my opinion. Some really good laughs and some chuckles throughout. (8/10)
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #1753
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

No need to be embarassed by seeing Baby Mama (well, maybe not so much). I think Tina Fey is brilliant and most stuff that she's going to be in will probably end up good.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #1754
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, this doesn't surprise me, Pyser.

But it is nice to know that, so far, every time you rip into a movie, I'm going to go out and see it for sure.

The Number 23 - 1/10

i am not exaggerating when i say this is the worst movie i think i've ever watched. nothing in it made sense, not one motivation was believable...actually, forget motivation. not one thing in the entire movie was believable, come to think of it.

how long does it take to read a book?
why, when a character is snooping through an abandoned building, are there candles set up and burning?

i could ask a million more questions...but i dont want to get into spoilers. fuck it, im using the spoiler button for the first time ever

Spoiler

the best part is all the bad actors get to play 2 characters in the movie, so twice the horribleness!

i give it a 1 because i made it all the way through, everything was in focus, and i could not stop laughing at the ridiculousness

if anyone liked this movie, i can safely say we will never agree on anything. ever. im looking at you, CR!

Last edited by Pyser : 04-29-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #1755
korme
Go Reds

Pyser, that was a delightful post
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #1756
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
if anyone liked this movie, i can safely say we will never agree on anything. ever. im looking at you, CR!

We'll never agree on anything. Ever.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #1757
sabotai
General Manager

Saw III - 4/10 - A few cool moments, and I always thought the chick from Becker was kinda hot, but...this was just bad. Loved the first one, thought the 2nd one was meh, this was bad. The only reason I would want to see the 4th one would be see just how badly they killed this franchise, and I probably will at some point.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #1758
MikeVic
Head Coach

I saw a few old movies over the last couple of weeks, but I won't be giving them grades.

Saw the Indiana Jones trilogy. The first and third movies were good, but the Temple of Doom wasn't very good. Some pretty stupid parts, and the whole story wasn't exciting.

Also saw Kindergarten Cop and Judge Dredd again after a few years. Both great movies.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #1759
Johnny93g
College Starter

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 5.5/10

This movie actually scores 7.5. I am deducting 2 points for the amount of cock in this flick. WAY TOO MUCH!!! Otherwise it was funny. What you would expect.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #1760
korme
Go Reds

Street Kings (2008) - It is what it is. Early summer action movie, with stock dialogue and questionable motives. I couldn't get over all the BS that comes with these sort of movies, though the last 30 minutes were entertaining. It kills me that the average movie goer would review this movie as sweet and bad ass. 5/10

Last edited by korme : 04-29-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #1761
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Street Kings- Sweet and Bad Ass
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #1762
korme
Go Reds

What a perfect and ironic movie to play devil's advocate to
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #1763
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Forgetting Sarah Marshall 5.5/10

This movie actually scores 7.5. I am deducting 2 points for the amount of cock in this flick. WAY TOO MUCH!!! Otherwise it was funny. What you would expect.

The dick stuff was funny in the cringeworthy way. Also a nice commentary on the double standards in mainstream movie nudity.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #1764
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Saw the Indiana Jones trilogy. The first and third movies were good, but the Temple of Doom wasn't very good. Some pretty stupid parts, and the whole story wasn't exciting.

That's not your first time viewing the trilogy is it?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #1765
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I saw a few old movies over the last couple of weeks, but I won't be giving them grades.

Also saw Kindergarten Cop and Judge Dredd again after a few years. Both great movies.

"wasn't very good". LOL.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:53 AM   #1766
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
The Number 23 - 1/10

i am not exaggerating when i say this is the worst movie i think i've ever watched. nothing in it made sense, not one motivation was believable...actually, forget motivation. not one thing in the entire movie was believable, come to think of it.

how long does it take to read a book?
why, when a character is snooping through an abandoned building, are there candles set up and burning?

i could ask a million more questions...but i dont want to get into spoilers. fuck it, im using the spoiler button for the first time ever

Spoiler

the best part is all the bad actors get to play 2 characters in the movie, so twice the horribleness!

i give it a 1 because i made it all the way through, everything was in focus, and i could not stop laughing at the ridiculousness

I don't know. That's a pretty "strong" rating. Not sure I can completely "anti" that one.

I'll give it a shot, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #1767
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

I saw them as a kid a long time ago, and didn't really remember anything. So it kind of felt like my first time watching them.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #1768
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
"wasn't very good". LOL.

So you didn't like it either?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #1769
rkmsuf
Head Coach

come on, temple of doom was fantastic. guy rips a beathing heart right out of a dude's chest.

and you have the kid with all the gadgets from the Goonies in it.

an orgasmic cinematic experience
Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #1770
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
come on, temple of doom was fantastic. guy rips a beathing heart right out of a dude's chest.

and you have the kid with all the gadgets from the Goonies in it.

an orgasmic cinematic experience

And the guy still lives? WTF? What about the kid beating up three or four thugs with one swing of some bar. And falling a few hundred, if not thousand, feet using a raft and surviving!! The movie had quite a few stupid things like that for me. That woman was annoying too.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #1771
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
And the guy still lives? WTF? What about the kid beating up three or four thugs with one swing of some bar. And falling a few hundred, if not thousand, feet using a raft and surviving!! The movie had quite a few stupid things like that for me. That woman was annoying too.

Oh stop it. No one complains about Indy hanging onto to whip attached to a truck and climbing underneath the moving vehicle.

It's all stupid like that.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #1772
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh stop it. No one complains about Indy hanging onto to whip attached to a truck and climbing underneath the moving vehicle.

It's all stupid like that.

I can buy that whip thing though. The other two movies I was fine with the stuff going on. Temple of Doom bugged me for whatever reason. Also, compared to the Ark and the Holy Grail, those stones in Temple didn't have the same impact on me. Could be a religious thing, I don't know.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #1773
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I can buy that whip thing though. The other two movies I was fine with the stuff going on. Temple of Doom bugged me for whatever reason. Also, compared to the Ark and the Holy Grail, those stones in Temple didn't have the same impact on me. Could be a religious thing, I don't know.

You can buy the whip thing? Surely you jest.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #1774
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
You can buy the whip thing? Surely you jest.

I can suspend my disbelief a bit, but Temple of Doom just had too much. That kid was annoying too. So two of the three characters you see all the time were annoying.

And I thought those slave children were under some spell. And you have to get burned to snap out of it. How did they start fighting back all of a sudden?

"Ahahahah! So funny! Ahahahha!"
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #1775
Logan
Head Coach

Come on, if you weren't moved by "Indy, I love you!" you have no soul.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #1776
MikeVic
Head Coach

So are you guys being sarcastic or what? I can't tell. I thought the entire series was supposed to be good, but this second movie wasn't even close on the level of the first and third. Kinda like Pirates for me.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #1777
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
So are you guys being sarcastic or what? I can't tell. I thought the entire series was supposed to be good, but this second movie wasn't even close on the level of the first and third. Kinda like Pirates for me.

I think you are way overthinking this.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #1778
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I think you are way overthinking this.

It's what I do.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #1779
Johnny93g
College Starter

Raiders of the Lost Ark 12/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 10/10

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 100/10

Indy Rules
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #1780
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Iron Man - 9/10

Iron Man opened today here in the Philippines (Apr 30). Great movie. Downey Jr. had the role down pat. The CG was awesome. The dialogue was not as corny as you'd expect. It was great all around. The only thing I would hold against this movie was that the final fight scene was a bit underwhelming... but other than that, I went in with high expectations, and left the theater with those expectations met.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #1781
Buccaneer
Head Coach

MikeVic, we've gone through this several times here in the past (wait till Schmidty reads this again). Raiders is in my top 5 all-time (plus best cinematic experience ever). I put Temple of Doom in my bottom 5 of the worst movies I have ever seen. Saw it opening weekend, and again when it came out in the trilogy DVD just to see if I would not hate it as much...nope...probably hated it even more. So there.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #1782
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Walk Hard - Dewey Cox - 4/10. About what I thought it would be... I had heard it was good so I got it in on Netflix, laughed a little- thought it was alright, but I won't be watching it again.

I saw this a few weeks ago and have to agree with you, but I think I would go 3/10. Pretty horrible movie, way too over the top, in not a funny way either.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #1783
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
MikeVic, we've gone through this several times here in the past (wait till Schmidty reads this again). Raiders is in my top 5 all-time (plus best cinematic experience ever). I put Temple of Doom in my bottom 5 of the worst movies I have ever seen. Saw it opening weekend, and again when it came out in the trilogy DVD just to see if I would not hate it as much...nope...probably hated it even more. So there.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #1784
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Reign Over Me - 6.5/10

I give a good majority of the movies I watch a sub 5 rating. So giving this one a 6.5 means it's not as bad as most of the crap that comes out now, but it's still not going to change the way I view the world. Adam Sandler does a decent job playing a guy with severe PTSD, but he still lets his Billy Madison character come through...as he does in every role. Don Cheadle co-stars in what I feel is his most believable role yet, as a dentist who has lady troubles all around. I would watch it again if it were on tv, but I wouldn't spend money to buy it on DVD. On a side note, Liv Tyler has a relatively small role, but doesn't play the innocent sweet bright eyed lady love of the main character for a change. I actually liked her character the most by the end of the movie.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #1785
korme
Go Reds

You need to watch Donny in Hotel Rwanda for the best Cheadle performance to date
Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #1786
Lorena
Unregistered

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 6/10

It wasn't Dodgeball funny, but it was enjoyable. The scenes with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly were pretty funny as was Will Ferrell with the French driver. Some of the stuff seemed, a little forced, like where he runs around in underwear.

The Faculty - 6.5/10

Students suspect their teachers are from another planet and have to work together to defeat them. I was surprised to see so many big name actors. It wasn't edge of your seat scary, but it was a little tense at times.

Last edited by Lorena : 05-01-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #1787
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

re: Talledega Nights, Borat (aka, Sasha Baron Cohen) steals the movie. He was brilliant. And of course it may have had the best ending ever in a comedy.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #1788
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Talledega Nights may have been one of the worst movies I have ever seen
Old 05-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #1789
Lorena
Unregistered

I noticed a lot of ppl hated Talledega Nights. I'd say there were a few LOL moments and 1 ROFL moment (c'mon, the hospital scene was hysterical).
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #1790
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

::shrug:: I really liked Talledega Nights. I thought Sasha Baron Cohen was a hoot.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #1791
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You have to cut AROUND the flesh!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #1792
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

Quote:
come on, temple of doom was fantastic.

Quote:
Temple of Doom bugged me for whatever reason. Also, compared to the Ark and the Holy Grail, those stones in Temple didn't have the same impact on me.

Quote:
I can suspend my disbelief a bit, but Temple of Doom just had too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Come on, if you weren't moved by "Indy, I love you!" you have no soul.

Quote:
So are you guys being sarcastic or what? I can't tell. I thought the entire series was supposed to be good, but this second movie wasn't even close on the level of the first and third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Raiders of the Lost Ark 12/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 10/10

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 100/10

Quote:
I put Temple of Doom in my bottom 5 of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I honestly don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. There have been two Indy movies to date. The third is coming out soon, be patient. Sheesh, this whole "Temple of Doom" April Fool's joke has taken on a life of its own.

Get a life. Seriously.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #1793
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I honestly don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. There have been two Indy movies to date. The third is coming out soon, be patient. Sheesh, this whole "Temple of Doom" April Fool's joke has taken on a life of its own.

Get a life. Seriously.

nobody puts shortround in a corner
Old 05-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #1794
MikeVic
Head Coach

Shortround, geez. Was the writer of the second one completely different than the other two?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #1795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
::shrug:: I really liked Talledega Nights. I thought Sasha Baron Cohen was a hoot.

the problem was they showed every funny part in the previews
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #1796
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And now, the matador will dance with the blind shoemaker!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #1797
Kodos
Resident Alien

I guess I was the only one who forgave Kate Capshaw's annoyingness because she was kinda hot too...
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #1798
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Clearly, the best part of 'Talladega Nights' was his two kids.

"How much you want for that weed, old man?"
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #1799
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Clearly, the best part of 'Talladega Nights' was his two kids.

"How much you want for that weed, old man?"

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!"

The kids were hilarious.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #1800
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

"You are going to break us like wild horses, ain't ya"

LOL!