btu I knew that...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #1752
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
This is a good point. It's like the money game, where I (as a wolf) pointed out that Mr. Wednesday would be a good conversion target.
Of course in that case Mr. W was the conversion target.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #1753
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'll go ahead and move since nobody seems to be following my questions about Lathum. I usually am suspicious of st.cronin, but this time he strikes me as strictly village at this point, so:

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I'll go with the more attractive conversion target. And now I'm out for the weekend.....

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin...te_cancels_out
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #1754
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm not a fan of either choice
Are you so convinced you'd rather have no lynch?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #1755
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Of course in that case Mr. W was the conversion target.

Well, somehwat. He hadn't yet been the conversion target. Those other guys chose to convert him afterward. But yeah, he did get converted.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #1756
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'll go ahead and move since nobody seems to be following my questions about Lathum. I usually am suspicious of st.cronin, but this time he strikes me as strictly village at this point, so:

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I'll go with the more attractive conversion target. And now I'm out for the weekend.....
path I agree that Lathum deserves serious scrutiny.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #1757
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Claphamsa (7): TazFTW (1549), Cronin (1603), hoopsguy (1691), Qwikshot (1716), mccollins (1724), Jackal (1738), path12 (1747)
Cronin (5): Barkeep (1555), claphamsa (1558), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713), Passacaglia (1746)
path12 (2): oliegirl (1662), Lathum (1685)
Oliegirl (1): Chief Rum (1527)
jeheinz72 (1): Sonic Youth (1585)
Anxiety (1): nfg22 (1644)

Not voting: ntnDeacon, Anxiety, KWhit
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #1758
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
consiodering ever time ive ever been a wolf ive been dead by day 2

that means im good

btu I knew that...

Uh...since we're talking about the money game, you outlived me as a wolf in that one. Well past Day 2.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #1759
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I don't know, you seem, distracting. That's the best word I can come for it. I don't know, the only other time I've gotten this vibe from you, you were a wolf (I think it was Path's game where shot you )

Additionally

I'm not voting for clap. I didn't think he was bad in the first vote, and other than a hunch that he may be a decent conversion candidate, I don't see the case against him.

As far as path, what's the logic on him? The missing the boat on the first day? That seems, weak. Not only because I haven't gotten a wolf-read on him since, but it just seems to over-the-top obvious that in a game where there are no (or very very few) wolves at the start, that one who so completely stands out from the rest in the beginning like that would be how Alan would present it. I mean if that's the case, given that we've had a number of later disappearances (SY, PB, BK) it'd be like Alan would almost be intentionally confusing us later and making an issue where there isn't one. Maybe one of these guys is a wolf, I wouldn't doubt that on odds alone, but the first one? Meh, seems like a lame way to run a game, and from what I gather on Alan's past games, he doesn't run lame games like that.

I'm not voting for one of the singletons. Not only do I not find any of them overly lynch-worthy, but I'm of the ilk that we do need a certain % to make a lynch happen, and making it 3-3-2-2 (4-3-2-2 now that Qwik voted) isn't appealing. That's also an additional reason to note vote path for me (making it 3-3-3/4-3-3). I want a 2-candidate "election".

So you think it's likely that he laid on the bench, all night, with no one around, and nothing happened to him? That is where I see the flaw - I can't believe Alan would have something like that happen so early in a game where there are no wolves to begin with. If Alan was a newbie or this was his first game, then maybe I can see him having something like that happen, but seeing as he's one of our more experienced players, I don't see him inserting a dynamic like that and not having a conversion, or at least something happen/something told/given to Path...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #1760
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So you think it's likely that he laid on the bench, all night, with no one around, and nothing happened to him? That is where I see the flaw - I can't believe Alan would have something like that happen so early in a game where there are no wolves to begin with. If Alan was a newbie or this was his first game, then maybe I can see him having something like that happen, but seeing as he's one of our more experienced players, I don't see him inserting a dynamic like that and not having a conversion, or at least something happen/something told/given to Path...

Then what do you think about BK and PB?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #1761
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I think that's exactly why I don't think he was converted.

I think it's just all *too* obvious. Maybe if there were 2-3-4 people who missed the boat that first night, then i'd look differently at it.

But the first night, the first person, the only person and he's the starting-off conversion? From Alan? Nah.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #1762
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Then what do you think about BK and PB?

/nods

exactly. Also hoopsguy and myself, who didn't leave the ship day 2.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #1763
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
path I agree that Lathum deserves serious scrutiny.

why?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #1764
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Are you so convinced you'd rather have no lynch?

i am not a fan of no lynch
Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #1765
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I wouldn't want to be aligned with this suspicious voting crew:

4 - St. Cronin - Barkeep49 (1555), Claphamsa (1559), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713)

Hehe, I like that, The Suspicious Voting Crew. I was going to say that you could refer to us as the SVC but it sounds like the clap.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #1766
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
why?
Because you make up stories as a wolf and your boat cutting story can't be verified now.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #1767
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, so it looks like im gonna die, would people like to wiegh in on who to pass my item to? its a usefull, but not super tool (no i never got the sword). even tho im good, i still want the cruise to finihs....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #1768
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
ok, so it looks like im gonna die, would people like to wiegh in on who to pass my item to? its a usefull, but not super tool (no i never got the sword). even tho im good, i still want the cruise to finihs....

I would just pass it to somebody you trust, rather than possibly alerting bad guys to who might have what. Alternately, if its a one use item, go ahead and use it.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #1769
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, if people are going off of the supposition that trusted people are likely to get converted, and of course untrusted people are possibly wolves, I'd pass it somewhere in the middle.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #1770
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually, if you get lynched, my plan is to pass the drugs to you, to remove them from the game.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #1771
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It's been hard to form too many opinions on the guilt or innocence of players in this game due to not knowing if people are out of the game temporarily, permanently, offed by the underground or not, or what the heck is going on. So I've been quiet because I just don't know what to think.

The Anxiety thing is great. It gives us a clear indication of what is going on behind the scenes. I take it this was a failed conversion attempt. So we know that we really can't totally trust anybody, unfortunately.

There are people whose play has led me to believe they are likely villagers, but the ones that gain early trust are usually the best conversion targets.

So a few things jump out at me.

Anxiety - are you sure there weren't any clues dropped in your meeting with the underground that could shed some light on who these people are? Your PM said there were 2 of them, right?

A possible theory I'm working on is that it takes two members of the underground to convert someone (and possibly to do any action). That might explain why we had no night kills until RA. Maybe one of the underground guys was stuck off the boat unable to help complete an action.

Like I said earlier, my pm called them henchmen. That's not necessarily the same as them being actual members or some of us.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #1772
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, passed my item, dont know how Alan will deal with that, or when hell send it. since hes not around.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #1773
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm not a fan of either choice

I winced after I pulled the trigger on my vote and I'm less sure of it now.
I may unvote, but I'm not going to switch to Cronin today.

For whatever all that is worth...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #1774
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
ok, passed my item, dont know how Alan will deal with that, or when hell send it. since hes not around.

It gets passed and processed with all the PMs at the deadline.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #1775
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok well then, one of you will get a present in a coupleof hours..... but remember who pushed to lynch me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #1776
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I voted for Anxiety earlier in game. Then he got this item. I trusted him then because I didnt think the item would be given to a wolf. Yet now he claims to have rejected the wolves and found no consequences but that they took his item and used it? Bullcrap. You didnt reject them. You accepted.

Vote Anxiety

That's flawed reasoning. You might claim I got converted anyway, so you have to vote me. You might claim it was all one big wolfy story and vote me - those I accept. There is nothing I can do to counter those claims. But to say I was approached by the underground, told everybody about it, and then decided to join anyway is really bad strategy - blisteringly bad.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #1777
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would hate for us not to have a lynch.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #1778
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because you make up stories as a wolf and your boat cutting story can't be verified now.

I don't know what to tell you, there are alot of people who have stories that can't be verefied
Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #1779
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I winced after I pulled the trigger on my vote and I'm less sure of it now.
I may unvote, but I'm not going to switch to Cronin today.

For whatever all that is worth...

This post strikes me as very wolf-ish.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #1780
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It gets passed and processed with all the PMs at the deadline.

Just so there are no confusion with items being passed as everyone is aware there are a couple of items in this game.. As the rules state any item that is passed is done instantly.. You can't undo a PM to pass an item. For story and decision purposes, you aren't informed of the item being passed until the end of the event phase. You do not actually receive any options to use an item until the PM where you receive it.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #1781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
That's flawed reasoning. You might claim I got converted anyway, so you have to vote me. You might claim it was all one big wolfy story and vote me - those I accept. There is nothing I can do to counter those claims. But to say I was approached by the underground, told everybody about it, and then decided to join anyway is really bad strategy - blisteringly bad.

welcome to my world Abe
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #1782
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This post strikes me as very wolf-ish.

Fine, I'll just shut up now. Thinking out loud doesn't seem to help much.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #1783
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
I think that's exactly why I don't think he was converted.

I think it's just all *too* obvious. Maybe if there were 2-3-4 people who missed the boat that first night, then i'd look differently at it.

But the first night, the first person, the only person and he's the starting-off conversion? From Alan? Nah.

Maybe you are right...it just seems odd to me though, like there is something that happened there we aren't being told about. Maybe I'm totally wrong but my gut is going in that direction. I'm willing to move my vote to Clap tonight but if he comes out clean I'm going to be all over Path tomorrow and won't be moving my vote then.

UNVOTE PATH12
VOTE CLAPHAMSA
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #1784
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Maybe you are right...it just seems odd to me though, like there is something that happened there we aren't being told about. Maybe I'm totally wrong but my gut is going in that direction. I'm willing to move my vote to Clap tonight but if he comes out clean I'm going to be all over Path tomorrow and won't be moving my vote then.

UNVOTE PATH12
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I wouldn't be shocked if *something* happened that night we don't know about, but I don't think it was a conversion.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #1785
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Fine, I'll just shut up now. Thinking out loud doesn't seem to help much.

Please don't, I've got many more votes than you and I'm still posting my best analysis. Don't let a little suspicion deter you.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #1786
st.cronin
General Manager

Does anybody have a guess what the minimum # of votes to get a lynch might be? Barkeep said 8, but I wasn't clear what that was based on ... didn't SY get 9 votes?

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #1787
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

keep sayign what you think scott

worst they can do is lynch you!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #1788
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Does anybody have a guess what the minimum # of votes to get a lynch might be? Barkeep said 8, but I wasn't clear what that was based on ... didn't SY get 9 votes?

im hoping for 15./

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #1789
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you, there are alot of people who have stories that can't be verefied
True. But the only other dealing with the underground is Anxiety's conversion and I suspect that Anxiety will be treated carefully.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #1790
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
True. But the only other dealing with the underground is Anxiety's conversion and I suspect that Anxiety will be treated carefully.

I had no direct contact with them.

Stop causing problems
Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #1791
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I would hate for us not to have a lynch.

Same here. For that reason, I'll:

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I agree with the theory that he'd be a good conversion target, and without any better info, this seems the best choice anyway.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #1792
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Claphamsa (7): TazFTW (1549), Cronin (1603), hoopsguy (1691), Qwikshot (1716), mccollins (1724), Jackal (1738), path12 (1747)
Cronin (5): Barkeep (1555), claphamsa (1558), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713), Passacaglia (1746)
path12 (2): oliegirl (1662), Lathum (1685)

Not voting: ntnDeacon, Anxiety, KWhit

I need to vote. I have an interview this afternoon with Boise State, and I have to do some research. It's my second interview, after I passed through the first phase, so I want to demonstrate my knowledge of their campus and housing program, which means I will be away from most of the afternoon, and then the evening is Magic night.

Are we on our normal schedule for the weekend?

I have to vote, and frankly, I trust claphamsa. Like I said, I don;t think there was a lot of movement to including claphamsa in a CoT, so how is he a tempting target? Plus, I suspect that wolves only get a subset of us to choose from in terms of converting. They may not have even had a chance to convert Claphamsa since I was visited by the Furtune Teller.

I have nothing against st.cronin,

However, it appears that I have to vote for one or the other, because of the mechanics of the game.

Frankly, I'm surprised that I am not getting more votes.

Still, I have to vote. So, since I have a reason to beleive clahamsa is clear, and no reason to believe anything about st.cronin one way or the other, I guess I have to vote for stcronin.

vote stcronin

Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #1793
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone have an updated vote count?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #1794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

clap is up 9-6
Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #1795
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Clap has 9, cronin has 6 according to my tally.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #1796
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Claphamsa (9): TazFTW (1549), Cronin (1603), hoopsguy (1691), Qwikshot (1716), mccollins (1724), Jackal (1738), path12 (1747), olie (1783), KWhit (1791)
Cronin (6): Barkeep (1555), claphamsa (1558), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713), Passacaglia (1746), Anxiety (1792)
path12 (1): Lathum (1685)

Not voting: ntnDeacon
Old 04-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #1797
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
clap is up 9-6

That's what I have too.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #1798
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

boooo

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #1799
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

unvote Path
Vote St. Cronin
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #1800
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'll just point out that someone, or two, could switch from clap to cronin now with-out endangering a lynch.