Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #1751
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont need a bed tonight, i am neither exhausted or wounded, so i will give it up to other people who need it..

I am now going to watch Office SEason 2
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #1752
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

just wanna pint out... heinze was in the hold...a nd its worse now!

just saying!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #1753
saldana
Pro Starter

more importantly than the fact that i do not think it was a good idea, no lynch means that we still have 21 people posting tomorrow...i dont know how much longer i can keep up with this pace.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #1754
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am sleeping tonight, and I hope I get a damn bed, heh. I need all my energy to actually be productive tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #1755
Danny
Head Coach

The hold took more damage, perhaps now all four of us engineers should go there?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #1756
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I am off to bed...in ww and rl Back tomorrow morning @ 8 am (ugh)
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #1757
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The hold took more damage, perhaps now all four of us engineers should go there?

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Looks like we need Tyrith and Purduebrad to help in the cargo hold too. Probably should have all of our engineers help there tonight...
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #1758
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so why would the hold have taken more damage? Lets discuss this since there are 12 of us in the thread right now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #1759
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
just wanna pint out... heinze was in the hold...a nd its worse now!

just saying!

DUDE

Give up your hard-on for me, I'm not putting out.

If you bothered to fact-check your baseless accusations you'd find that I spent my day with Tyrith finishing up work on the pens, so we could get those slaves back under control.

It is only now, at the inception of night, that I head to the cargo hold to begin work there.

Dealing with these incessant false allegations you routinely make is extremely annoying. At least *try* and check a fact before slinging more mud, k?

Besides that fact, can spawn even cause damage during the day? It seemed to me that BK was pretty clear that it was the final bits of the riot that did this, not any spawn.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #1760
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I will be back in the morning...here's hoping I don't die tonight.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #1761
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, so why would the hold have taken more damage? Lets discuss this since there are 12 of us in the thread right now.

My guess is the tail end of the riot, but I don't know, can spawn convert/damage places during the day even?

Or are we thinking that one of PB and Danny faked work?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #1762
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

had to be the slaves before we got them all back...there is no mechanic i know of to do damage during the day, only fake repairs
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #1763
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
but after the destruction of the slave riot, made only slightly worse today before they could be rounded back up

OK, I'm on board with what Heinz posted about the slaves. See, I'm willing to pay attention to some stuff in the moderator write-up.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #1764
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
My guess is the tail end of the riot, but I don't know, can spawn convert/damage places during the day even?

if they faked work, it wouldnt cause more damage, only show that damage wasnt repaired.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #1765
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So the hold started with 3 units, should have been 1 unit if both worked on it and it had no additional damage. Now it's 4.

So either both worked and the 3 units was all slave damage or 1 worked, 1 faked and it was 2 plus any slave/(spawn?) damage incurred.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #1766
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
if they faked work, it wouldnt cause more damage, only show that damage wasnt repaired.

I think we need to apply Occam's razor here, in that it was most likely just the slaves accounting for 3 more points.

At the very least, it seems risky to think one faked and then it was 2 pts of slave damage instead.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #1767
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the hold started with 3 units, should have been 1 unit if both worked on it and it had no additional damage. Now it's 4.

So either both worked and the 3 units was all slave damage or 1 worked, 1 faked and it was 2 plus any slave/(spawn?) damage incurred.

The engines also took 1 extra damage and no one worked there. slave riot seems most likely scenerio
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #1768
hoopsguy
General Manager

Shift in damage:
Engine Room: +1
Water: even
Cargo: +1
Slave Pens: -3
Sleeping Quarters: even

So how does this match up with the actions taken by the engineers?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #1769
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I think we need to apply Occam's razor here, in that it was most likely just the slaves accounting for 3 more points.

At the very least, it seems risky to think one faked and then it was 2 pts of slave damage instead.

Barring the Spawn knowing that there would be more damage - perhaps via a PM to BK? - I agree that this makes the most sense.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #1770
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Though it is a nice gain for the Spawn in that we now need all engineers at the hold and can't get onto the engine which is inching perilously close to the dreaded 12 mark, which jumps to 24. 24 is going to be darn near unrepairable given that in one cycle we only have 6 repair units, counting clap, and the Tyrith bonus and no one faking
Old 07-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #1771
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just so we are clear, all engineers need to work on the cargo hold tonight.. so there isn't any confusion
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #1772
path12
Coordinator

Beds should be saved for any wounded who aren't needed elsewhere tonight, says the doctor. That would be Packer, Jackal and Chubby, I think.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #1773
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Shift in damage:
Engine Room: +1
Water: even
Cargo: +1
Slave Pens: -3
Sleeping Quarters: even

So how does this match up with the actions taken by the engineers?

Well the slave pens show that both Tyrith and I did what we said we did (aka didn't fake)

The engine room no one worked on, that must've been slave damage.

Cargo should've been -2, instead +1.

Not asking for confirmation here, but in addition to guarding the hold tonight, the engine needs guarding too. I believe spawn cause 1-4 units in an attack, I don't think we want to take the 50/50 shot that they cause enough damage to bust us as far as getting off this rock. Just wanted that to be at least said.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #1774
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just so we are clear, all engineers need to work on the cargo hold tonight.. so there isn't any confusion

Agreed, mine and Danny's should be already in. PB said he's coming back after dinner and to my knowledge, Tyrith posted last night, so here's to hoping that will get set as well.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #1775
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, in terms of tomorrow obviously do what you think is best. It would be personally convenient to be cleared but if not I'll cool continuing to argue my points and defend myself in the thread.

I just found myself frustrated at times that you argued I needed to be scanned when you were the one who has twice had the power to do so and chose others. It is not an issue of who you chose, just that I felt the argument about me not being scanned was particularly empty coming from the guy who has that power.

Anyway, I don't want to bully you into a move that you are not comfortable executing. Or else I'm just trying to confuse you more
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #1776
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

It's my understanding that during the day the only thing that could have added damage points was the slaves before they were all gathered.

Of course, those that worked on cargo hold still could have faked work so that the situation didn't get better...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #1777
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I really want to go Spawn hunting tonight, but recognize that we have two rooms that are down.

Do people have any deep thoughts on the best way to have some coordination in thread that doesn't tip off the bad guys too much?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #1778
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Why can't Tyrith + 2 Engineers complete the work (4 cycles from them)?

Then the other 2 (Claphamsa is already listed as an Engineer) can begin work on the Engine.

If the Cargo Hold comes up still damaged in the morning, an engineer can fix it then and it will be fixed immediately and we can still pursue the away missions.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #1779
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Why can't Tyrith + 2 Engineers complete the work (4 cycles from them)?

Then the other 2 (Claphamsa is already listed as an Engineer) can begin work on the Engine.

If the Cargo Hold comes up still damaged in the morning, an engineer can fix it then and it will be fixed immediately and we can still pursue the away missions.

If the cargo hold is not fixed tonight, we all will be dehydrated tommorrow. I have no idea what that would mean as far as possible death for various people or how it would effect people whom are already wounded or exhausted or wounded&exhausted.

I would rather we have more people than needed to fix it to make sure it gets fixed in case of someone faking work, one of the engineering team dying, etc or both...

I think it would be really bad to let it go through the night without being absolutely sure we fix it.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #1780
mccollins
College Prospect

Also, I meant to ask earlier regarding the timing of the water dispensing - when does the galley master come into play? Why can't he dispense the water at any point during the day?

That is, if the cargo hold was still damaged (or damaged extra tonight) after the transition to day 3, and the engineers were able to fix it, can't the water just be dispensed after they fix it??
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #1781
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm back and caught up and agree that we over-work the cargo hold to make sure it gets done. My order is going in as we speak.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #1782
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, in terms of tomorrow obviously do what you think is best. It would be personally convenient to be cleared but if not I'll cool continuing to argue my points and defend myself in the thread.

I just found myself frustrated at times that you argued I needed to be scanned when you were the one who has twice had the power to do so and chose others. It is not an issue of who you chose, just that I felt the argument about me not being scanned was particularly empty coming from the guy who has that power.

Anyway, I don't want to bully you into a move that you are not comfortable executing. Or else I'm just trying to confuse you more

Oh, I wasn't feeling bullied at all. And I can see your point.

As I mentioned to you in our PM's, I do not expect to live very long in this game. Alan pretty much is on target with my strategy, which is to clear until we're off the ship then hunt. Unless I'm really awful in my instincts, I think I can hit a Spawn fairly quickly.

So yes, from that standpoint you are important for me to scan, because you are strong from either side and you can carry a lot of weight in thread. Plus as the Security Officer, your interrogations would be nice to have on our side.

KWhit was my first choice -- he plans the missions and needs to be trusted. I think that's a pretty slam-dunk call. You were second on the list, until Alan asked to be scanned. The captain gets his way, no doubt. So now you are on my list next. I don't think it's an illogical chain at all, albeit frustrating for you.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #1783
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmm, I really want to go Spawn hunting tonight, but recognize that we have two rooms that are down.

Do people have any deep thoughts on the best way to have some coordination in thread that doesn't tip off the bad guys too much?

Well some roles are fairly limited in what they can protect.. such as it is pretty obvious what the galley master should do tonight based on what he is allowed to do. I'm pretty sure that the spawn already are aware of which roles are locked in to areas such as this. I think for tonight it is each security personal's job to do their best assumption on where to go.. Tommorrow there won't be slaves to round up, so you might want to use your interrogation ability to hook up privately with some security member to try to coordinate things.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #1784
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Also, I meant to ask earlier regarding the timing of the water dispensing - when does the galley master come into play? Why can't he dispense the water at any point during the day?

That is, if the cargo hold was still damaged (or damaged extra tonight) after the transition to day 3, and the engineers were able to fix it, can't the water just be dispensed after they fix it??

The galley master comes into play when we run short on water in the hold vs how many people are around.. he can ration only giving x people water. The order has to be submitted at night though prior to the next day. BK mentioned earlier today that water is drunk at the start of the day, so I am assuming (I could be wrong here) that if the hold is broken in the morning, he can't later ration out water later in the day since he has to have the order submitted at night.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #1785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Clapshamsa is an Engineer starting tomorrow. He should have been listed there today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #1786
path12
Coordinator

D'oh. By off the ship I mean off the planet. I'm a doctor Alan, not an English major!

Oh shit, I am an English major.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #1787
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Oh, I wasn't feeling bullied at all. And I can see your point.

As I mentioned to you in our PM's, I do not expect to live very long in this game. Alan pretty much is on target with my strategy, which is to clear until we're off the ship then hunt. Unless I'm really awful in my instincts, I think I can hit a Spawn fairly quickly.

So yes, from that standpoint you are important for me to scan, because you are strong from either side and you can carry a lot of weight in thread. Plus as the Security Officer, your interrogations would be nice to have on our side.

KWhit was my first choice -- he plans the missions and needs to be trusted. I think that's a pretty slam-dunk call. You were second on the list, until Alan asked to be scanned. The captain gets his way, no doubt. So now you are on my list next. I don't think it's an illogical chain at all, albeit frustrating for you.

I feel a little bad about "forcing" you to scan me today.. even though I didn't force you to I put you in an awkward spot. I just talk alot, am pretty strong with my ideas when I feel they are solid and I feel it is important that everyone can feel confident in my motivation beyond just a metagame reason. Once I got my PM this morning from last night's result.. I just was not sure what it meant and wanted to rule out any infection if that possibly was the case.. Figured you were my only hope Obi won
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #1788
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The galley master comes into play when we run short on water in the hold vs how many people are around.. he can ration only giving x people water. The order has to be submitted at night though prior to the next day. BK mentioned earlier today that water is drunk at the start of the day, so I am assuming (I could be wrong here) that if the hold is broken in the morning, he can't later ration out water later in the day since he has to have the order submitted at night.
That is correct.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1789
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel a little bad about "forcing" you to scan me today.. even though I didn't force you to I put you in an awkward spot. I just talk alot, am pretty strong with my ideas when I feel they are solid and I feel it is important that everyone can feel confident in my motivation beyond just a metagame reason. Once I got my PM this morning from last night's result.. I just was not sure what it meant and wanted to rule out any infection if that possibly was the case.. Figured you were my only hope Obi won

No worries. It just swapped days 2 and 3.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #1790
path12
Coordinator

All right, I'm out. Time to see if I've got any promising 3 year olds.

Wait, that sounded wrong.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #1791
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here I go again...with the engineering crew backing me up

"Baby Got Boxes"
Oh my God,
Hoopsy, look at those boxes
They're so big
They each look like one of those rap guys' cribs
But y'know, who understands those rap guys
They only like those because they have room for stripper poles
I mean, they're so big
I can't believe they're so square
And the spawn, I mean, they're so gross

I like big boxes and I don't know why
you other engineers can't deny
And if a spawn walks in and tries to destroy the place
we'll bust them in their face
Wanna pull up tough
and try to talk some stuff
but us engineers are deep in our repairs
you're jealous 'cause we've got Dilbert hair
and you wanna hang with us
and take our picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
but the Spawn that are around
just ain't that scary
Ooh exploration crew
you say you wanna fly in our ship
well get me some crys and use me so we can get outta here

I've seen the slaves run wild
doing damage like a drunken child
Take the average engineer and ask them that
we gotta kill those slaves flat

So engineers (yeah) engineers (yeah)
Are we working on the big boxes (hell yeah)
So turn it, turn it, turn it, turn it, turn that big ole wrench
Cargo hold got fixed
Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #1792
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Path, hopefully that gets "Whistle While You Work" out of your head.

So, ummm, yeah, how long until my songs get me lynched?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #1793
mccollins
College Prospect

hahaaaahhaha
Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #1794
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Path, scan me please if you don't mind.

Quote:
I'll explain why after I make sure you haven't already submitted a different scan order or not.. Would rather not give the reason out publically yet if you go a different direction

Quote:
You got it, Cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
"Captain Alan if you could please come with me sir," the good doctor path requests. The two men adjourn to the infirmary where an examination is done. A while later the two emerge, the exam done.

Quote:
The reason why was because of my sleeping PM I received last night. I got an odd message that I think is one of two things. It said that I used to trust the crew, but once I landed that started to change... but it wasn't an always thing, but only a sometimes thing.

I asked Barkeep what it meant, and he told me he wasn't going to clarify any further.. so my hunch is that I have a secret ability to be able to detect a spawn the more nights I sleep with them.. but a small part of me is worried that I have a spawnling inside of me. If the latter, then I want to find out now so Path can remove it.. if the former, then now that I have revealed this, I want to be in the brig where 1) I will be with the same people every night and be able to pick up if a spawn is in there somehow and 2) I want to be protected so someone can't kill me because of this ability.

Quote:
I found no indication of Spawn with you, so there is no spawnling and we're both still alive. I wonder if this means Unaware Spawn though, which I don't think I would detect.

Quote:
Dola, but I'll also repeat that no indication of Spawn was found with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
No spawnling to the best of my knowledge but I got a similar PM as Alan only with some different information. It didn't dawn on me, until he asked to be scanned, to think that it could be a bad thing. Nothing I read from it indicates that. In fact, it is very vague and indicates very little but nothing dark or dangerous in terms of our mission. So it's your call. That's why I asked about Hoops earlier, was hoping for an interrogation to share info with somebody but I guess this did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I was unsure if I was going to mention this as I didn't want to give anything away to potential Spawn, but at this point it is probably unspecific enough to be alright.

In my PM last night it said that I could feel the spawn. I don't know if this means I could have a spawnling or I will be gaining a special ability or perhaps it had something to do with working next to Jeheinz.

Here is all the conversation around the "Spawn Aware" stuff up to the point that Danny revealed. Note that Danny's info comes significantly after Alan, as well as PurdueBrad (who I had forgotten about until surfing these posts).

I'm not sure what the results of this post review are going to be, but I'm going into them with the idea that Danny shifted his logic midway through when he found himself in an either/or scenario. I don't think he liked being in that position and thought it was best to extricate himself by changing his story and act like I was putting words in his mouth.

It is entirely possible I'll see he was being consistent, but it is damn hard to keep track of posts in a game that is flying by like this one.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #1795
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm heading to bed.. I went 4 for 4 tonight (all 4 lousy singles bleh) but my leg and knee are hurting a bit.. I'm thinking I am getting too old for organized sports

See you all when I get out of the brig!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #1796
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
D'oh. By off the ship I mean off the planet. I'm a doctor Alan, not an English major!

Oh shit, I am an English major.

Huh, me too.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #1797
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Huh, me too.

Me three, well, already have the MA and teach it but I'll jump on this bandwagon.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #1798
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Barkeep.. kind of important to know but I can't find it in the rules anywhere so not sure if I am thinking of a past spawn game or this one...

Once we lift up from the planet, current spawnlings will continue to form into spawns, but no more spawnlings can be planted to convert anyone right?

BK, if you can answer this tonight while I sleep (or at least say you aren't going to answer it), it would help me sleep easier tonight!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #1799
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Path, hopefully that gets "Whistle While You Work" out of your head.

So, ummm, yeah, how long until my songs get me lynched?

The correct answer is "not quickly enough".

On this ship, possibly "never" is the more correct answer.

Oh no I didn't!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #1800
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Good catch hoops, I totally missed the PB Spawn Aware stuff

You do raise an interesting point, not only the stuck scenario, but the fact that it just seems odd that 2 engineers would get the Spawn Aware sense.

Anyhow, I'll eagerly await path's apparently inevitable scan of you before digging into Danny.

I think I'm out for the night as well. I'm not programmed to handle more than 9 hours of WW'ing, I'm beat.