Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #1751
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hah! conspiracy can't kill me!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #1752
The Jackal
Coordinator

For about the fourth time, DT - I voted for CR yesterday. I'd like it if people would stop thinking I didn't vote yesterday, as it seriously harms any views of me.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #1753
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't mean for that post to come off as angry, I just want it to be clear that I voted for him, twice actually during the day, and I wasn't a no-voter.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #1754
saldana
Pro Starter

great work NTN and Danny!

not sure when i will be able to get into check stuff tomorrow...this week has been horrible for me at work...sorry to all that i have been less than helpful

vote thomkal
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #1755
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, this wasn't the evening to have a guest. I guess. Finally caught up. That was pretty crazy. I'm not sure why Henry listed me as a wolf first out of all those possibilities. I'm not, but I'll have to look back at the further explanations to understand.

I got pretty screwed by the surprise votes on Telle tonight as it wasted my ability. I don't really understand all that movement to her. I'm glad that the PM system bought us a wolf kill finally though, that was nice.

Oops now caught up on the newer posts as the thread was locked up. I would never have guessed Danny's ability, that's a surprise. Hopefully DT has what he needs at this point.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #1756
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
For about the fourth time, DT - I voted for CR yesterday. I'd like it if people would stop thinking I didn't vote yesterday, as it seriously harms any views of me.

sorry - i typed up that part before i was clear on that
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #1757
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
sorry - i typed up that part before i was clear on that

It's cool. Mass of posts, constant confusion. Thanks, hoops and BK!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #1758
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am ok with this. Lets see how good henry's info is.
Vote Thomkal
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #1759
henry296
College Starter

Autumn - I did not list those people in order, just pulled them from the didn't vote for Telle list. I'd be interested in learning how Telle's death impacts your powers.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #1760
The Jackal
Coordinator

Let me squeeze off the necessary goodbye pic of Kim.. Dirty conspirator!:

Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #1761
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote path

We might as well try to narrow down the list a bit and have two candidates. Maybe some movement one way or the other will let us know which to go after next.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #1762
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let me squeeze off the necessary goodbye pic of Kim.. Dirty conspirator!:

It's just not the same now after attaching CR's name to it.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #1763
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote path

We might as well try to narrow down the list a bit and have two candidates. Maybe some movement one way or the other will let us know which to go after next.

Why are you voting for path, exactly?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #1764
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Autumn - I did not list those people in order, just pulled them from the didn't vote for Telle list. I'd be interested in learning how Telle's death impacts your powers.

I didn't mean the order, I just mean I don't know why you listed a group of us as being wolves but ignored other people who didn't vote Telle. Maybe I don't understand your power.

I just mean that I had chosen to confirm Telle's role tonight, which obviously was a waste. She wasn't in any danger when I left so I thought it was a good bet.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #1765
The Jackal
Coordinator

I ask because he was cleared by Henry, is all. Seems like the more prudent choices would come from me, pass, autumn, isidd, thomkal, and king. Out of that list I think the likeliest three are thomkal, pass, and isidd. But that's just my guess, I'll let the semi-cleared players drive most of the discussion.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #1766
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why are you voting for path, exactly?

DT's list has him among the bottom tier of the list. After the confusion over Autumn yesterday I wasn't sure if I was going to go with him or path as the second candidate. I basically flipped a coin from there.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #1767
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I didn't mean the order, I just mean I don't know why you listed a group of us as being wolves but ignored other people who didn't vote Telle. Maybe I don't understand your power.

I just mean that I had chosen to confirm Telle's role tonight, which obviously was a waste. She wasn't in any danger when I left so I thought it was a good bet.

My first list was a little hasty as I had assumed everyone had voted. My power cleared those who voted with me, but you are correct there were a couple of more potential wolves, which I've later commented on. However, many of those who didn't vote for Telle did not for Chief Rum which is good in my eyes. Schmidty, who didn't vote for either Telle or CR is just as likely a suspect as you based on my knowledge.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1768
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I ask because he was cleared by Henry, is all. Seems like the more prudent choices would come from me, pass, autumn, isidd, thomkal, and king. Out of that list I think the likeliest three are thomkal, pass, and isidd. But that's just my guess, I'll let the semi-cleared players drive most of the discussion.

very true. note that path was 3rd from the bottom of my list. voting from higher up on the list is the logical thing to do.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1769
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
DT's list has him among the bottom tier of the list. After the confusion over Autumn yesterday I wasn't sure if I was going to go with him or path as the second candidate. I basically flipped a coin from there.

So are you disregarding henry having cleared path?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1770
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry, misread that. I thought that DT's list took henry's into account.

unvote path
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1771
The Jackal
Coordinator

I forgot about Schmidty, I don't really know where to throw him in this equation.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1772
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

maybe my list was a little unclear - the "bottom tier" of my list were people i think were "least likely to be bad" (with autumn the most likely of the 4), not "most likely"

the best votes are in the top group of 5.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1773
The Jackal
Coordinator

I figured it was just some confusion on your part, EF. Pick a better candidate, preferably not me.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1774
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I forgot about Schmidty, I don't really know where to throw him in this equation.

schmidty is fine. i didn't list him, did i? therefore he's not a suspect at all.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #1775
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
very true. note that path was 3rd from the bottom of my list. voting from higher up on the list is the logical thing to do.

path was 2nd from bottom, only Autumn was listed ahead of him and I didn't exactly read that as they were ranked in order, just that they were the bottom tier.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #1776
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
schmidty is fine. i didn't list him, did i? therefore he's not a suspect at all.

Right, I thought I remembered at least you and possibly someone else say they didn't suspect Schmidty, but I was mostly trying to think for myself what he's done vote-wise and such.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #1777
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yesterday you said Autumn wasn't fne, then you said he was, now he's at the bottom tier of your list. Now you tell us Schmidty is fine, is he going to show up on your list tomorrow as not trusted?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #1778
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Yesterday you said Autumn wasn't fne, then you said he was, now he's at the bottom tier of your list. Now you tell us Schmidty is fine, is he going to show up on your list tomorrow as not trusted?

Keep in mind the "bottom tier" of DT's list was people that he trusts the most in that post, EF.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #1779
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote henry

I still don't trust his claimed power as it seems potentially too powerful, yet no one questions this?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #1780
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no.

there was obviously confusion with autumn regarding the word "roles" and what was going on there. after that was cleared up i said that autumn was okay in my book, but that didn't mean he was on the "HT" list.

i said autumn was on my "MT" list today. which he is. my "MT" list is the bottom tier of those who are uncleared.

schmidty is not listed as uncleared or on the MT list. should i spell it out more?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #1781
The Jackal
Coordinator

Interesting.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #1782
The Jackal
Coordinator

Would be a ballsy move for a wolf to make, EF. How much time would it buy them?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #1783
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Keep in mind the "bottom tier" of DT's list was people that he trusts the most in that post, EF.

I need to read all of the "longer" posts instead of skimming and looking at lists.

When I see bottom tier I figured that meant the least trusted / most distrusted.

No wonder he was steering us wrong, his lists probably even confuse him.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1784
The Jackal
Coordinator

Basically, EF, you're suggesting that henry is a wolf and that multiple of PB, ntn, nfg, sal, and path are wolves?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #1785
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i steered us wrong for 2 days - that's hardly any worse than we would have done without my info.

and the result of those 2 days is a very tight list of potential suspects (with or without henry it was coming out tonight i'd say...henry helps us lop off path and saldana off of the suspects list, which is good).

hardly steering us wrong.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #1786
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would be a ballsy move for a wolf to make, EF. How much time would it buy them?

Could there be a traitor type role? It would be a good play for a traitor, one that may put the game close to end game as it gets everyone into mob mentality and nothing is learned of vote history for two days plus we lose two villagers in a lynch (figuring the traitor counts in our numbers) and in night kills for a 4-0 run for the wolves without them having to risk anything.

Kind of convenient that this reveal came out after a wolf is lost.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #1787
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Could there be a traitor type role? It would be a good play for a traitor, one that may put the game close to end game as it gets everyone into mob mentality and nothing is learned of vote history for two days plus we lose two villagers in a lynch (figuring the traitor counts in our numbers) and in night kills for a 4-0 run for the wolves without them having to risk anything.

Kind of convenient that this reveal came out after a wolf is lost.

It certainly would probably buy at least 4-0 for the wolves if henry and one or more of those other guys are wolves. Is that enough to get them close to endgame, you think? It seems like we have enough people left, but people are dying frequently.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #1788
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Wow.

Based on my post after Day 1 on the middle votes for Kwhit, led me to Telle today and I felt CR was ok b/c I didn't think his day 1 vote was based. I think Jackal is good and the frustration is real.

I wish someone would confirm Danny's story before I vote. However, given my statements above, I'll pick nfg22 for now but could change with more info as last nights exhcange seems a bit odd.

vote nfg22

OK, I'm just catching up and this is fascinating, but henry, WTF? Why the throwaway?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #1789
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess we see what Pass, ISidd, et. al have to say for themselves.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #1790
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol

henry's not a wolf guys. (standard disclaimer: unless he's the cunning)
Old 07-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #1791
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i steered us wrong for 2 days - that's hardly any worse than we would have done without my info.

and the result of those 2 days is a very tight list of potential suspects (with or without henry it was coming out tonight i'd say...henry helps us lop off path and saldana off of the suspects list, which is good).

hardly steering us wrong.

If you took the info I gave you yesterday we would have lynched CR instead of clap so yes that is steering us wrong, I gave you the info and then I voted for him so I was willing to test the validity of it. If you took the other info I gave you to protect Michelle we may have gotten lucky with a wolf lynch day one instead of a villager so yes that is steering us wrong.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #1792
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
lol

Well that's good, then. I mean I was just seeing where EF was going with this line of thought, gotta explore it all.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #1793
henry296
College Starter

EagleFan - I don't think the role was too powerful. I think we just got lucky with my role that there were no wolves who voted with me and it was later in the game than probably originally intended. When I first got my role I thought it was a nice, but likely would tell us that in a list of 7-10 there were 1-2 wolves which would have been nice but nearly the type of CoT it generated. That likely would've been the result if I voted for a villager on day 1 or 2. We got a little fortunate that I didn't use my power until later in the game.

For example, on the first day I was would've voted for Kwhit to make sure to use my power except I didn't finish reading until after the lynch so I didn't vote.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #1794
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you took the info I gave you yesterday we would have lynched CR instead of clap so yes that is steering us wrong, I gave you the info and then I voted for him so I was willing to test the validity of it. If you took the other info I gave you to protect Michelle we may have gotten lucky with a wolf lynch day one instead of a villager so yes that is steering us wrong.

i didn't know who michelle was. kwhit never gave me his character-name!

and as for yesterday - clap was pinging everybody wrong and was on a list just like CR. Your info on CR was good yes, but your info on the other two people was wrong, and frankly I didn't have a reason to trust you yet over anybody else.

still don't.

how many games have there ever been where the village has pitched a shutout, only lynching wolves? ever? it's not going to happen...villagers will die. Jeezus...Kwhit didn't even complain this much about his dying. So yeah...we lynched a couple villagers...big frigging deal.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #1795
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol

The traitor is not a wolf in most all cases so take your lol and shove it into a list. I am trying to get us to cover all of our bases and be prepared for what could be a very good play.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #1796
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not going to apologize because we lynched 2 villagers instead of possibly pitching a perfect game. that's ridiculous, and frankly it's making you look very wolfish.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #1797
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm smelling desperation.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #1798
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i didn't know who michelle was. kwhit never gave me his character-name!

and as for yesterday - clap was pinging everybody wrong and was on a list just like CR. Your info on CR was good yes, but your info on the other two people was wrong, and frankly I didn't have a reason to trust you yet over anybody else.

still don't.

how many games have there ever been where the village has pitched a shutout, only lynching wolves? ever? it's not going to happen...villagers will die. Jeezus...Kwhit didn't even complain this much about his dying. So yeah...we lynched a couple villagers...big frigging deal.

What other two people? I told you that the list said it potentially included at least one wolf, not that they were all wolves. It said Danny and Telle were unknown and CR was questionable. Based on what we have seen that list was pretty much dead on by my interpretation.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #1799
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wasn't there that one game where Alan or someone nailed all 4 wolves in one post? Maybe there were 5 and it wasn't a shutout, but we definitely lynched a bunch of wolves in a row.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #1800
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i'm not going to apologize because we lynched 2 villagers instead of possibly pitching a perfect game. that's ridiculous, and frankly it's making you look very wolfish.

Do you even listen to yourself? I have handed you information on a wolf and two that were most likely good if you read into the list. It's not about "pitching a perfect game", it's about tryig to keep from potentially being led into a dead end. Personally henry's claimed power seems like a desperate ploy if you ask me. Yet you have now twice tried to bring me up for a vote despite my proving to be an asset to the village.

Vote for me, that's really smart. Especially if henry is the traitor, then you just cost us the game.

I propose one simple vote, we give henry's claim a test by making him the second candidate. It will be obvious if a wolf run happens based on his list. If the second candiate gets lynched and is a wolf, great for us he is corrct and we win. If he gets lynched and we find out exactly what he said his powers were then we go right back to the list and we win. It's a win/win situation yet you are too damn stubborn to see it.