Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #1751
Tyrith
College Starter

It's times like these that I wish I was playing in the game.

....too bad blade isn't around to get shot in the street again.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #1752
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
More of the same...

Barkeep and hoops are supporting the jailing of st. cronin because they know his goose is cooked. Which is what I would do if I was a wolf as well.
Try again. I'm in favor of bullet killing cronin.

Anyalsis like this tends to be frustrating "You're acting like a good guy therefore you're a wolf". It falls along the "When did you stop beating your wife" category of accusations. There's no way to refute it, which is why I've not really been too loud in my own defense.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #1753
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
bulletsponge - you need to showdown now with st. c

if he is or isn't a cowboy it ends a lot of this debate now and clears up a lot.

Agreed.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #1754
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Try again. I'm in favor of bullet killing cronin.

Anyalsis like this tends to be frustrating "You're acting like a good guy therefore you're a wolf". It falls along the "When did you stop beating your wife" category of accusations. There's no way to refute it, which is why I've not really been too loud in my own defense.

Either way, you know what the situation is.

You have a lot of experience playing this game where I have little. So, you know how to play very well. I am still trying to figure all of this out, so I admit I could be totally wrong, but I don't think that I am.

I'm not going to change my mind with regards to you and hoops until it is proven without a doubt that you're not cowboys. I'm going to keep pushing for it as much as I can.

Kill me. That way you can use the double-super-reverse logic to show that there is no way the wolves would kill me after I've accused you.

Look on the bright side. I've thrown out a lot of theories the last views days. No one gives me any credibility, so you guys are probably going to continue to be safe.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #1755
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dola, if I proof read what I type you guys might be able to make better sense out of what I am saying.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #1756
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola, if I proof read what I type you guys might be able to make better sense out of what I am saying.

Just wait for WW XXXVII Wordperfect:

Will the good sentences be able to defeat the evil run on sentences, spelling errors and incoherent thoughts???
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #1757
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just wait for WW XXXVII Wordperfect:

Will the good sentences be able to defeat the evil run on sentences, spelling errors and incoherent thoughts???

It is good to know I'm appreciated!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #1758
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Is ntndeacon out for the day or what?

And if i had a knife wouldn't ntndeacon get it off me yesterday? Wouldn't it be bloody or warm or something like that? I need to be freed so we can execute the real wolves. You say executing helps the wolves, but helping a KNOWN villagers helps them too.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #1759
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think bullet needs to gun down St. Cronin. If we jail St. Cronin we have to wait a full day for a lynch, if bullet guns him down then we know that either chubby or St. Cronon is telling the truth and we get instant results...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #1760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- either that or we need to lynch lsg or cr and jail both St. Cronin and chubby to find out but I think either way bullet needs to make that descion ASAP so we can move forwad, otherwise it is just gonna muddle things up further.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #1761
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Another question: Why are we all wanting Bullet to do it? Is Bullet really the only one with a gun? I guess if he doesn't do it, we can assume he is a wolf... but I really am not thinking he is a cowboy at all.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #1762
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Lathum, I just dont see how lynching a villager helps us out in the end? Yah it might make room to jail another person... but you are just helping the wolves.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #1763
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Well iam off til the morning. I am sure I will be discussing that statement more when iget free after work.

This is ntn's last post at 0121 this morning.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #1764
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

yea, Cronin is the best target thats been seen so far this game. i think its time to dance in the middle of main street to settle this
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #1765
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Another question: Why are we all wanting Bullet to do it? Is Bullet really the only one with a gun? I guess if he doesn't do it, we can assume he is a wolf... but I really am not thinking he is a cowboy at all.

it doesn't have to be him, but since he's be alluding to having a gun and the ability to do it then that is why we are tellign him to do it.

heck anyone who can make a duel should do it between st. c & bullet
if you, as a player in this game not you specifically LSG, know you have a gun and can make a duel then you should do it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #1766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, I just dont see how lynching a villager helps us out in the end? Yah it might make room to jail another person... but you are just helping the wolves.

LSG, I'll answer both your questions.

1. Bullet has been itching to showdown since day one so I think it is widely believed he is skillfull at this and would most likely win his duel.

2. This may sound cruel but you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs. In order to jail 2 people we have to lynch someone, othewise the sheriff has to waste a night action on releasing someone.

Right now we have 2 people pitted against each other and the only way to find out who is telling the truth is to lynch one of them but I think it is very important to jail them both, the reason being IF chubby is playing us ( which I doubt he is) and we don't already have him jailed that is another wasted day.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #1767
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
yea, Cronin is the best target thats been seen so far this game. i think its time to dance in the middle of main street to settle this

Whoot!. I nominate this as the best post of the day.

Hopefully I can cross something off of my wish list for today.

Kill Cronin.

Elect a New Sheriff

Release Rum

Jail an actual likely suspect.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #1768
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

LSG, I have a gun but my PM stated I can't initiate a showdown, did anyone else get that message?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1769
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

alan T is here, lets get this duel started baby!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #1770
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Old 10-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #1771
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The shocking news of another death starts up more heated debates to begin the day. At first some attention is pointed towards the current residents of the jail. Not too long after however before out of the crowd Chubby arrives stating that he is an employee of the pinkerton detective agency. Chubby cries out that he knows who the killer was and lifts his finger to point at St.cronin.

The debate heats up even further with St.cronin stating repeatedly that it was not him, he spent all evening at home by himself. St.cronin continues to tell the mob around him that he is being setup and everyone is being duped.

Some of the crowd is not sure whether or not to believe Chubby or St.cronin, or some possibility that both could be telling the truth somehow, when out of the crowd steps Bulletsponge. His words slurred just slightly he addresses St.cronin directly. He says that at this point, there is only one way to settle this once and for all, and he calls St.cronin out to the street.

St.Cronin protests, stating he has no gun and isn't armed. He says he's just a young man and would stand no chance. Bulletsponge finally grows annoyed and says to him, "I'm convinced you're one of them"

Faster than your eye can even notice it, Bulletsponge whips out his gun and fires a single shot directly into St.Cronin's chest. St.cronin stands there briefly, a completely mortified look upon his face before he slumps to the ground. St.Cronin has been shot in broad daylight before all of you.

Quick inspection of St.Cronin after the death reveals that he has a bloodied red sash.

Election votes: (8 votes needed for new sheriff)

(3) Swaggs - Racer (1648), Glengoyne (1659), Hoopsguy (1743)
(1) Bulletsponge - Bulletsponge (1714)

Lynch votes: (8 votes needed for lynch)

(0) Chief Rum -

(1) Lonestargirl - Lathum (1642)

6 hours remain in day 5 before deadline.
Edit: Current vote totals needed are 8, not 7. I fail at math horribly and completely.

Last edited by Alan T : 10-13-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #1772
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hell yes!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #1773
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm confused about why we're changing sheriffs. Do people really think NTN is bad? Even if he doesn't have the powers we thought, it seems like having him have the protection of the deputies makes more sense than others. If, however, we're going to change, my support would go to bullet.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #1774
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan: Does cronin's vote stay even though he's dead?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #1775
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well done.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #1776
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan: Does cronin's vote stay even though he's dead?

Nope will edit that also
Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1777
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

OHH yea! suck it down!

Alan T can i get another showdown attempt later, i like it
Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1778
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
LSG, I'll answer both your questions.

2. This may sound cruel but you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs. In order to jail 2 people we have to lynch someone, othewise the sheriff has to waste a night action on releasing someone.

I'm actually thinking that wasting a night action is superior to lynching a townie, and definitely better than lynching two townies.

Free CR, Let LSG chill for another night, at least. Jail someone who we actually believe might be a Cowboy based on evidence rather than suposition. Suposition is what got Gram lynched. Do we remenber whose suposition that was? Oh Yeah. Hey, wasn't he in Cronin's Circle? Now why is it that we can't get the ball rolling to elect Swaggs?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1779
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm confused about why we're changing sheriffs. Do people really think NTN is bad? Even if he doesn't have the powers we thought, it seems like having him have the protection of the deputies makes more sense than others. If, however, we're going to change, my support would go to bullet.

didnt NTN vouch for Cronin after night 2?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #1780
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OHH yea! suck it down!

Alan T can i get another showdown attempt later, i like it

If you have the ability for additional showdowns, it will be stated in your initial PM that you received.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #1781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

glen, while I agree in principale has anyone really come out and vouched for LSG or chief?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #1782
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Honestly I'd go for Bullet for sheriff now, although I don't think think he has vindicated himself any more than Swaggs.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #1783
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
didnt NTN vouch for Cronin after night 2?
You're right.

Elect Bulletsponge

He's got a proven track record of killing cowboys, and is the only one who can say that.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #1784
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Elect me! i promise to clean up this god damned town!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #1785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Honestly I'd go for Bullet for sheriff now, although I don't think think he has vindicated himself any more than Swaggs.
I don't think a cowboy would have been so open from day 1 about wanting to do a showdown. If bullet had played it wrong, it would have been likely he'd end up executed, something I don't think the cowboys would risk. I think a Mayoral Cowboy is more likely, frankly, and so that's when I leaned towards bullet over Swaggs, though both are likely good guys.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #1786
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
glen, while I agree in principale has anyone really come out and vouched for LSG or chief?

I thought it was pretty clear yesterday that Chief wasn't a good prospect for lynch. I still believe that is the case.

I have seen NO reason to lynch LSG. Wasn't Cronin a proponent of jailing her?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #1787
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ide settle for Chubby being Sheriff also, he proved to be a villager today i see
Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #1788
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I'm probably gonna get shit on for saying this but here goes... We can all assume St.Cronin was a goner, wouldn't it make sense for the cowboys to use one of their own to kill him so they gain trust?

I appreciate what bullet did but it would be a smart cowboy play so I am not ready to elect him sheriff unless I am missing something?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #1789
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I thought it was pretty clear yesterday that Chief wasn't a good prospect for lynch. I still believe that is the case.

I have seen NO reason to lynch LSG. Wasn't Cronin a proponent of jailing her?

yes Cronin suggested jailing her. and NTN vouched for Cronin ( cronin might have been fliped after that) and he jailed her.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #1790
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK, I'm probably gonna get shit on for saying this but here goes... We can all assume St.Cronin was a goner, wouldn't it make sense for the cowboys to use one of their own to kill him so they gain trust?

I appreciate what bullet did but it would be a smart cowboy play so I am not ready to elect him sheriff unless I am missing something?

I can see your point, but it's too far of a stretch for me to make.

while I trust bullet, chubby seems like a better choice for me. mostly because he actually in a round-a-bout way cleared me too with his spying. he also could use the extra protection a deputy would give him and still use his spying ability for us again tonight.
elect chubby
Old 10-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #1791
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

yur stirrin up trouble pardner

i didnt think of that, i would be a damn good move. im not a cowboy though
Old 10-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #1792
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Unelect Bullet
Elect Chubby

this is sad. i vowed for many WW games that i would kill Chubby, now im electing him
Old 10-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #1793
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm fine with Bullet as the Sheriff, but I would be just as fine with Chubby as the Sheriff after what we saw today. Chubby has the role I expected him to have, he has demonstrated it today to get a Cowboy.

I would certainly go along with Bullet as Sheriff if that is the direction people want to go - no reason for a split on this. But why not Chubby? Do people not have him as high on the trust lists?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #1794
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lynch LoneStarGirl

It's Day Five, let's get this show moving.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #1795
spleen1015
Coordinator

ELECT Chubby

This is a good idea. To me, he is the only one I completely believe is a villager.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #1796
spleen1015
Coordinator

Barkeep and hoops,

How did you like seeing one of your friends get gunned down? Don't worry. Your turn is coming!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #1797
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin has quite a few posts in this thread to analyze - I'll give this a shot over the weekend.

In terms of the people in jail, I'm probably as pro-lynch as anyone in the game as a general rule. But a big part of that stance is to put pressure on people to give good information or force them into a lie that we can catch later. I think LSG has gotten off pretty easily in terms of people challenging her today. I haven't put my vote on her, but I am surprised at the number of people who are advocating no lynch without even the guise of questioning here.

LSG, here are a couple of questions:
1.) did you have any night that you left your house?
2.) do you have any money or have the ability to accumulate any money over the course of the game?
3.) does your role of the singer allow you to interact with other players in any fashion?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #1798
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep and hoops,

How did you like seeing one of your friends get gunned down? Don't worry. Your turn is coming!
"Hi my name is spleen and I'm a wrong werewolf player."

"HI SPLEEN"

"I thought if I posted accusations over and over again that would make them true. I thought I was helping out my side. Ya know. Winning the game. So I posted against a couple of guys, over and over again. I thought I was doing right. I was having fun. But it turns out I was wrong. I was hurting people. I was hurting myself. I had a problem. But I just couldn't see it until it was too late. I had to hit rock bottom, before I realized I had a problem: my read on the game was just wrong."
Old 10-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #1799
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

"HI SPLEEN"

"I thought if I posted accusations over and over again that would make them true. I thought I was helping out my side. Ya know. Winning the game. So I posted against a couple of guys, over and over again. I thought I was doing right. I was having fun. But it turns out I was wrong. I was hurting people. I was hurting myself. I had a problem. But I just couldn't see it until it was too late. I had to hit rock bottom, before I realized I had a problem: my read on the game was just wrong."

That's funny! Good job, Barkeep.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #1800
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

"HI SPLEEN"

now were playing werewolf