Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #1751
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm curious what you meant on this as well - what part of Eagle's statement are you contesting?

The part where he said "All one has to go on is gut feeling and instinct." Obviously, I'm not disputing that PB was a wolf.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #1752
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just sounded weird without some clarification.

To be fair, Eagle has done a fair amount of post analysis this game - I don't think he is playing solely gut and instinct.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #1753
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The part where he said "All one has to go on is gut feeling and instinct." Obviously, I'm not disputing that PB was a wolf.

Other than a discover like with Crim and Purdue, it's what this game is all about. Read people's reactions and go with your gut.

I figot about Purdue being the brutal so you are correct about that hoops, that he wouldn't be the goth. Basically just trying to get Pass a little stirred up to see what fur falls out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #1754
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

To be fair, Eagle has done a fair amount of post analysis this game - I don't think he is playing solely gut and instinct.

Try telling him that!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #1755
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Post analysis still leads to gut instinct based on that analysis. Posts are just written words and thought out written words can be easily constructed to carefully hide one's true identity in this game. It's the immediate and quick responses to an accusation that one may want to analyze a bit more in depth.

That and the voting mistakes, like path and Purdue and their late quick change.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #1756
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE ARLINGTON COLT
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #1757
RendeR
Coordinator

well hell, lets see...

VOTE...
..awe shit, I'm dead again....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #1758
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
well hell, lets see...

VOTE...
..awe shit, I'm dead again....

QUOTE OF THE THREAD.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #1759
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm not really sure who is a wolf at this point. Olliegirl could've held onto the serving tray because she's a wolf. Based upon last night, I think hoops is a wolf, but I don't want to force a three way tie.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #1760
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, Arlington is in the lead with three right now. So you would not be forcing a tie, but drawing me even with Pass one back.

I'm not a wolf, but if you are convinced I am then you should probably vote me. I'll let you know in advance that I'll move my vote if I have to in order to protect myself and the rest of the villagers from what I absolutely know to be a bad lynch.

Also, I got some clarification on how the mechanics work on an item pass - someone should definitely be able to vouch for me passing them an item. They can take that for what it is worth in terms of my allegiance.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #1761
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty then.

VOTE ARLINGTON

Hopefully this is a good lynch tonight.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #1762
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Im certainly not a wolf, I had newbie jitters at first about posting theories (this is my first game) I feel more comfortable in the game now and have posted more... My internet is fixed at home now that helps too. I'm not sure why there is question over the item usage... I went step by step between my questioning of how the procedures where and what the moderator told me in the end. I used the table on hoops last night and it had NO effect, thus the item was wasted (unless it proves hoops is a villager, which is why I used it because he has made alot of usseful posts in this thread)

Unvote Pass

hopefully you will come to your senses and I can realign my vote with some more thinking.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #1763
hoopsguy
General Manager

So far this feels uncomfortably like last night in terms of the vote slowly moving towards a candidate without any pushback. I'm sticking with Pass tonight and would encourage people to join me with that vote.

Raiders, this is now two nights in a row where you've said that you thought I was the most likely wolf and then put your vote on the leader. Why is that? I'm really trying to understand your thought process, because I feel like we've been "off" all game.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #1764
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

guess i'm a goner....vote pass only one with votes..
Old 09-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #1765
hoopsguy
General Manager

Olie, are you planning on being around near the deadline?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #1766
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
guess i'm a goner....vote pass only one with votes..

hoopsguy has a vote.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #1767
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

if there is only 1 wolf left then Hoops was cleared last night when i used the table... if there are 2 wolves then it's possible he is one..
Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #1768
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Did Lathum ever clear up whether or not you're supposed to get a PM in response when you use the table?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #1769
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

he just said "to clear things up your item was used"
Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #1770
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Olie, are you planning on being around near the deadline?

I'm going to try to be around, I'm on my phone so excuse any typeos

I can't find your vote, who did you vote for? I think if you and I agree on who to vote for we can make sure we don't end up with a tie...what do you think?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #1771
hoopsguy
General Manager

I voted for Pass and I think it is a better vote than Arlington.

I'll put it in again, just in case there is any confusion.

UNVOTE ALL
VOTE PASS
Old 09-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #1772
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, wondering if any villagers are going to be around down the stretch. I'm working on a manifesto right now, will try to have it up before deadline. But it changes nothing for tonight's vote ... I'll keep checking in over the next 25 minutes to see if other people want to discuss our current situation.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #1773
Passacaglia
Coordinator

A manifesto? That sounds intriguing. I'm not sure if I'll make it to deadline, though.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #1774
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I voted for Pass and I think it is a better vote than Arlington.

I'll put it in again, just in case there is any confusion.

UNVOTE ALL
VOTE PASS

so where are we in the vote count? I can move my vote if I have to but voting for pass means I'm voting with arlington who I think is a wolf, I really don't like that idea...

why are you convinced pass is more wolfish than ac?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #1775
hoopsguy
General Manager

Becaues the vote on Arlington has been too easy. Because Arlington's explanation of what happens with the folding table seemed to match up with what Eagle suggested earlier in the thread. Because wolves don't miss multiple votes. Because Pass isn't trying to win the game, just survive another day.

Those are a few reasons.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #1776
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I'm going to bed before deadline, and since I see another vote possibly headed my way, I'm going to have to self-preserve.

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT
Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #1777
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Let me bold that.

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT

And...NOW i'm trying to survive another day. Up until now, my vote had been on hoopsguy. That was me trying to win the game. This is me trying to survive another day.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #1778
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arlington Colt - st.cronin (1696), EagleFan (1733), oliegirl (1756), Raiders (1761), Pass (1776)

Passacaglia - Arlington (1764), hoopsguy (1771)

We'll need two people to switch to make this happen.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #1779
hoopsguy
General Manager

And it is beginning to look like we won't have two people in position to switch their votes (not counting Pass, duh) showing up ... (sigh) this is depressing.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #1780
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looks like we'll only have one more mistake after tonight. In the event that they come after me, I strongly believe that both Pass and Raiders are wolves.

I know that Raiders has gained trust due to his passing the item to Crim. But:
- the item only had a 25% chance to actually work
- he announced publicly that he was shipping the item to Crim, yet the wolves still attacked Crim
- the wolf that attacked Crim happened to be the brutal wolf, which meant they got their man anyway and built strong trust for Raiders

I've got a long list of posts that I'm working on, but it isn't done yet. I just wanted this out there on the outside chance that the wolves came calling for me tonight. I'm expecting they won't, but can't be too careful ...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #1781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #1782
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Arlington Colt 5- st.cronin (1696), EagleFan (1733), oliegirl (1756), Raiders (1761), Pass (1776)

Passacaglia 2- Arlington (1764), hoopsguy (1771)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #1783
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The day draws to a close and the majority of you feel like ArlingtonColt is the guilty one.

You all advance on him and he looks for a place to retreat. The mob beats him silly and he doesn't change. He was an ordinary villager!

Someone remarks what a shame it is, being his first day and all.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #1784
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You wake up in the morning and your dwindling numbers head down to find some breakfast.

You realize one of you is missing. It appears someone already had breakfast, and RaidersArmy was the main course.

Day 8 has begun
Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #1785
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guess I don't need to publish the manifesto ...

Also, there is someone out there who can vouch that I passed them the golf club. But I hope they don't, as the wolves are going to need one more kill (assuming two left). I didn't pass it to Raiders because he had quickly dropped to 2nd on my distrust list as the afternoon went by. I voted for first on my distrust list.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #1786
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, looks like we'll only have one more mistake after tonight. In the event that they come after me, I strongly believe that both Pass and Raiders are wolves.

I know that Raiders has gained trust due to his passing the item to Crim. But:
- the item only had a 25% chance to actually work
- he announced publicly that he was shipping the item to Crim, yet the wolves still attacked Crim
- the wolf that attacked Crim happened to be the brutal wolf, which meant they got their man anyway and built strong trust for Raiders

I've got a long list of posts that I'm working on, but it isn't done yet. I just wanted this out there on the outside chance that the wolves came calling for me tonight. I'm expecting they won't, but can't be too careful ...

IF there was even a chance that you'd get lynched tonight, I would've voted for you. I wasn't around much today (and I probably won't be around much tomorrow), so I wasn't able to swing some votes your way. Believe me, I think you're a wolf. Coming after me just proves to myself that you are a wolf.

Like I said before, I don't want anyone to think that I'm inside their circle of trust. I'm no more trustworthy than anyone else at this point. You made two switches late in the voting cycle the past couple of nights.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #1787
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

ouch, bad misread on my part.

I think I need to do some homework a little better.

placeholder vote:

vote oliegirl
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #1788
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders:
1. You are dead (post #1784)
2. I didn't switch a vote today - it was on Pass all day
3. Let's talk in the post-game. After going through your post recap I'm astonished that you are a villager and really do want to hear your perspective on some of them
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #1789
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to make a few worst-case assumption here:
1. There are two remaining wolves
2. The villager MrDNA isn't going to show up again, seeing as how he hasn't voted either of the last two days. That leaves us with five players overall, two wolves.
3. With that in mind, the villagers need to be 100% united tomorrow. If there is one villager who deviates, then the wolves get to pick the lynch since they will be able to move two votes to whichever side is a villager

This is the first lynch where I feel like the wolves made a mistake. I have very little doubt that I would have gotten a vote from the (proven in death) villager Raiders tomorrow and that would have given the win to the wolves because they could have switched onto him at the end.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #1790
hoopsguy
General Manager

I still want to see Passacaglia lynched. In the interests of the team I'll try to listen to other candidates, but I think this is our best course to a good lynch tomorrow. I would encourage people to fall in line behind and we vote nightfall if/when we get up to five votes.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #1791
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

With everything that I have been spouting lately I am shocked that the wolves have left me alone. That says that they don;t think I am close. Since oliegirl and hoops are basically the two left that I haven't gone after, maybe I really need to rethink my approach and look hoops over a little more closely.

I hope I wasn't helping the wolves by stirring things up with Pass. Keeping Pass alive and keeping me on his trail helps the wolves a lot. Or Pass is alove because he is a wolf and didn;t go after me as it would have been obvious to go after a vocal target. OR I am trying to think way too much about this.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #1792
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Good Luck villagers, sorry I wasn't much help. Next game I will take better notes !
Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #1793
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum, what's the story with Mr DNA? Is he still playing?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:52 AM   #1794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm going to make a few worst-case assumption here:
1. There are two remaining wolves
2. The villager MrDNA isn't going to show up again, seeing as how he hasn't voted either of the last two days. That leaves us with five players overall, two wolves.
3. With that in mind, the villagers need to be 100% united tomorrow. If there is one villager who deviates, then the wolves get to pick the lynch since they will be able to move two votes to whichever side is a villager

This is the first lynch where I feel like the wolves made a mistake. I have very little doubt that I would have gotten a vote from the (proven in death) villager Raiders tomorrow and that would have given the win to the wolves because they could have switched onto him at the end.

Why do you call MrDNA a villager? Has he been cleared somehow?

I think your #3 is the reason we all fell in line on AC yesterday. As the day started, we all held to our choices, but in the end, everyone probably felt like they had to be united. We've got one vote on oliegirl -- are you proposing we all vote her?

I find it interesting that you had a lot to say about RA....but then he died. I know at this point, I've got the blinders on, but you've been my best bet for a few days now.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 09-14-2007, 05:58 AM   #1795
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, I only work half a day today, so I should have a lot of time in the afternoon to be here, until I take my cat to the vet at 3.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 AM   #1796
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why would I prepare a case against RA and then kill him as a wolf? That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Whatever else you want to say about me, and as a wolf you would definitely want to say all kinds of things that are not true, you have to admit I'm pretty meticulous in these games. There is no way that I would set the table to go after one person and then kill him. This is another reach by you.

I'm not proposing we vote on Oliegirl because I think we lose the game if that happens. Not certain about that, but I think would be the result. I'm proposing we vote on you.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #1797
hoopsguy
General Manager

As for DNA, my assumptions were "worst case". There may not be two wolves left. DNA may be a wolf, in which case he is doing us a huge favor that we have not yet leveraged.

I think he is a villager, because his only data point, positive or negative, is putting a crippling vote on Path (tied him up pretty late) on Day 5. That sounds like a villager to me. Also, Path was encouraging us to look at the quiet players, starting with MrDNA. Well, we now know that one of the quiet players (Arlington) was a villager. I'm not inclined to find out about the other one today.

If DNA is in a position where he is the last wolf, either today or after we get the other one, we'll win this game. The only way I'm factoring him into my thinking at this point is that we have one less villager vote to hold off the wolves. Which sucks, but it is beyond our control.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #1798
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagle, either you or Raiders were the obvious targets last night as players who were trusted by the majority. I gambled and lost with my golf club gambit, as I was trying to induce them to go elsewhere with my comments. But there was zero chance I was passing it to Raiders as I believed at the time that I would be giving it to a wolf.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #1799
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. I did die!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #1800
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Lathum, what's the story with Mr DNA? Is he still playing?

I sent him a PM last night and haben't heard back from him .

I don't ever recal beinf in a position where we need a replacement this late in the game. I think we would be hard pressed to find a replacement who has to read 2000 posts to catch up.