Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #1701
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

[ooc]
Please don't forget to use your Name in the thread when in character. Of course, this now means that my first post as Wolvie will be without his name.
[/ooc]

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #1702
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Anyways you'll see my point system doesnt mean to me most points = most suspicious. I even stated that. Its just something I use to help find interesting things about people. The person I think looks worst in my point system is Silver Surfer.

(Silver Surfer)

Warpath, I need not defend my attacks, but I will say that your point system blinds you to the reasonings behind both of my moves thus far, which ironically are entirely consistent with your thoughts. My attack yesterday on Deadpool for instance was made because of his move towards Doom, which we both agree was odd enough to arouse suspicion. My day one attack was in conjunction with my team -- as I've stated, if a team does not move as one, what is the point? If I am on a team, I will join in the team attack.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #1703
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I believe Moon Knight vouched for Cpt. America by saying he was pretty sure the Cpt. was good.

(Silver Surfer)

That's a pretty weak vouch in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #1704
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If he (Doom) was not attacked and someone else was, why did they not come out and confront Doom's claim of being attacked. Doom says he made a doombot and left. Seems like the Doombot could have gotten attacked and the golden horse is part of the outcome. As far as we know the horseman could have been riding it and the doombot wasted the horse but not the rider. Who knows?

(Silver Surfer)

I am surprised at how so many have seemed to just dismiss the attack. There has been nothing come out to refute it -- until that time I believe it to be true. And I therefore remain wary of those who attacked Doom yesterday.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #1705
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Being that I was away for most of the first day when the alliances were being formed, I really gotta say that all of the teams make no sense whatsoever, with the possible exception of the Hell Atlantic Alliance.

(ooc) Why? (/ooc)
Old 01-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #1706
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Mystique = dead...that kind of screws up your 4 and 5 points, but you should know that. Mystique is dead, hawkeye should be back up to 25% per the rules(any hero taken below 25% health but still alive replinishes to 25% then heals the normal 1 HP per night)
(Sinister)
Actually, those points only make sense in light of her death. Since she was innocent, whoever attacked her has warrented increased scrutiny. We still haven't figured out all the sources of damage for both Hawkeye and Mystique, and doing so may give us some clues as to who is evil. Not everybody seems to be claiming responsibility for their attacks, which indicates to me that some have something to hide.

For my last point, while he will heal some, Hawkeye will still be very hurt, and thus a double kill of Apocalyptic forces is possible.
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #1707
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
(ooc) Why? (/ooc)

[ooc]Maybe the Mutants first would make some sense, but Storm working with criminals and the Hulk? Professor X working with Moon Knight? Daredevil working with Doom and Cain Marko? None of these guys would be their first picks to work with each other.

Wolverine, Spidey, Hawkeye, and Captain Marvel working together? The only common thread here is that they were all Avengers...Spidey and Wolverine were Avengers at a time when Hawkeye was dead and Captain Marvel stopped working with them a long time ago. Personally, I thought it was absolutely stupid to get Spider-Man and Wolverine into the Avengers. They're both way overexposed and it was a feeble attempt to cash in on JLA's concept of getting every big name in Marvel to work together under the Avengers moniker.

If I were to team up these guys:

X-Men: Professor X, Storm, Gambit, Warpath, Cannonball, Wolverine, and Magneto
Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man (pre-Civil War), Hawkeye, Captain Marvel
Marvel Knights (for lack of a better term): Moon Knight, Daredevil, Spider-Man
Villains: Doom, Juggernaut, Mandarin, Venom, Mystique, Mister Sinister
Solo: Silver Surfer, Hulk, Captain Britain, Math
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #1708
path12
Coordinator

Thanks for that. Helps my overall comic knowledge. After this game is over I'm going to start looking into some of this stuff. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #1709
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Astonishing X-Men is pretty good, with a great run by Joss Whedon (of Buffy/Angel and Firefly/Serenity fame). You can pick up Trade Paperbacks of the series for a lot cheaper than the individual issues. In fact, Trade Paperbacks are probably the best way to read comics for someone getting into it. For the X-Men, I enjoyed The Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants. For the Avengers, I enjoyed The Korvac Saga and the storyline with Baron Zemo and The Masters of Evil attacking the Avengers in their mansion. I can't remember the name of the storyline, but basically, Baron Zemo assembles an army of villians to attack the Avengers and get at Captain America. Jarvis (the butler) is beaten by Mr. Hyde, Hercules is put into a coma, and it all looks pretty bad for the Avengers...
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #1710
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and The Ultimates are a different version of the Avengers. It's a very good series and there are two cartoon movies out there on DVD.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #1711
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Wasn't Apocolypse a random pick? So what does "Hawkeye isn't the type of character I would pick as Apocolypse" mean? What does having a bad connection have to do with playing a good bad or good guy? Also, this sounds like you are again, trying to protect Hawkeye.

I mean if i was Apocolypse, I wouldn't pick hawkeye.... not Hawkeye isn't a good Apocolypse
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #1712
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Astonishing X-Men is pretty good, with a great run by Joss Whedon (of Buffy/Angel and Firefly/Serenity fame). You can pick up Trade Paperbacks of the series for a lot cheaper than the individual issues. In fact, Trade Paperbacks are probably the best way to read comics for someone getting into it. For the X-Men, I enjoyed The Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants. For the Avengers, I enjoyed The Korvac Saga and the storyline with Baron Zemo and The Masters of Evil attacking the Avengers in their mansion. I can't remember the name of the storyline, but basically, Baron Zemo assembles an army of villians to attack the Avengers and get at Captain America. Jarvis (the butler) is beaten by Mr. Hyde, Hercules is put into a coma, and it all looks pretty bad for the Avengers...

Trade paperbacks?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #1713
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Trade paperbacks?

Trade paperbacks are the oversized softcover books.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #1714
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would love to join the team with Captain America, I am just afraid right now he wont have me. And I was thinking about leaving LaResistance, especially with Spidey not doing much, Hawkeye appears to be dead (poor soul) and Wolvie only going after Doom..... Hell, I am going to do it now!

Leave LaResistance
Old 01-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #1715
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Cool. I'll look for those to start. Of course, I'm gonna need to find something with Silver Surfer in it.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #1716
hoopsguy
General Manager

Home from lunch, night actions are close, PMs beginning to go out now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #1717
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I only have 2 minutes left on my short break at work but I just got my PM and want you all to know...MR. SINISTER IS EVIL!!

my plan of drawing attention to myself and projecting an illusion worked. sinister came to my room and attacked my illusion and left with me alive.

we have our first confirmed member of the side of evil. I call upon all mutants and heroes who are good to attack Mr. Sinister!

I shall do so on my half hour break in a couple hours. must work again now.

do not believe any lies he tells. note that he came out as trustung me completely BEFORE any night actions and thus the only way he could have known I was a member of the 12 (which I am I found out) is by being evil.

too bad you came after me sinister!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #1718
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I only have 2 minutes left on my short break at work but I just got my PM and want you all to know...MR. SINISTER IS EVIL!!

my plan of drawing attention to myself and projecting an illusion worked. sinister came to my room and attacked my illusion and left with me alive.

we have our first confirmed member of the side of evil. I call upon all mutants and heroes who are good to attack Mr. Sinister!

do not believe any lies he tells. note that he came out as trustung me completely BEFORE any night actions and thus the only way he could have known I was a member of the 12 (which I am I found out) is by being evil.

How do you know that you are one of the twelve?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #1719
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Something is not adding up. I received a PM with contradictory information in it. (Or possibly contradictory.)

I need to hear Sinister's side of this before I jump to conclusions.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #1720
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hadn't some people vouched for Sinister? OR am I thinking of somebody else?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #1721
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Hadn't some people vouched for Sinister? OR am I thinking of somebody else?

Sinister vouched for Prof X, but dont think the other way around. Im going to be very curious now to see the night results and see what sinister has to say. I have some information in my PM, which seems to slightly contradict the good professor's story right now, but I need to know the entire story.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #1722
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 2 results

The heroes spend a restless night deliberating on the events of the past two days. It has been much harder than expected to root out the forces of Apocalypse - in fact, you have been manipulated into taking the lives of two of the Twelve! The fear is that Apocalypse is conserving his strength for a mighty blow - one that comes on this evening.

The screams of Nathaniel Essex reverberate through the quarters. They come from just outside the quarters of Professor Xavier. Although the heroes assemble on the scene quickly, they are not in time to discover the identity of the attacker. You get only a glimpse of an armored figure, holding a glowing blade and Sinister's head, who is teleported away instantly upon your arrival.

Day 3 has begun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #1723
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I figured the night actions would be up before the pms were sent out. I am so impatient
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #1724
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay Prof - why out a guy who was killed and a member of the twelve? Talk fast.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #1725
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The heroes spend a restless night deliberating on the events of the past two days. It has been much harder than expected to root out the forces of Apocalypse - in fact, you have been manipulated into taking the lives of two of the Twelve! The fear is that Apocalypse is conserving his strength for a mighty blow - one that comes on this evening.

The screams of Nathaniel Essex reverberate through the quarters. They come from just outside the quarters of Professor Xavier. Although the heroes assemble on the scene quickly, they are not in time to discover the identity of the attacker. You get only a glimpse of an armored figure, holding a glowing blade and Sinister's head, who is teleported away instantly upon your arrival.

Day 3 has begun.

Okay, I didn't see that coming. Color me confused. So who's dead and alive?

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #1726
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Now you all see why ProfessorX's story seems a bit off to me. I woke hearing Sinister cry out for help, but wasn't in time to see anyone. I don't know what to make of ProfessorX's story right now, but I can't imagine someone would post that right before killing Sinister if he was bad.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #1727
Swaggs
Coordinator

Uhm... someone doesn't look so good right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #1728
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Warpath - thoughs? You seem to know something

Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #1729
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

25. Talgian (Mr. Sinister) - killed Night 2, memeber of Twelve

Okay, lets get this straight. Professor X swears he is bad, and yet he dies and is a member of the 12? Whenever Professor gets off work he has some explaining to do.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #1730
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

DD

SInister is dead and one of the twelve

Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #1731
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

DD

Quote:
25. Talgian (Mr. Sinister) - killed Night 2, memeber of Twelve

I'm not sure what to make of Daddy Torgo's message...
Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #1732
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't buy something here. And I'm not sure that its Professor's story that I don't buy. I think we need to hear a bit more about what exactly he saw before jumping to conclusions. It doesn't make sense that he would make a post like that before killing the guy.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #1733
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Now you all see why ProfessorX's story seems a bit off to me. I woke hearing Sinister cry out for help, but wasn't in time to see anyone. I don't know what to make of ProfessorX's story right now, but I can't imagine someone would post that right before killing Sinister if he was bad.

But why would Sinister attack professor X?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #1734
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agreed, it doesn't look good for the Prof, but that would be lousy strategy for the minions of Apoc to point a finger at a guy just before he is taken out and is revealed as one of the good ones.

Let's work this out before jumping to conclusions.

Is it possible our foes are not as coordinated as we thought?

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #1735
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
But why would Sinister attack professor X?

I don't think he did, I think perhaps Professor misinterpreted what his PM had to say perhaps.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #1736
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Compelled to say that, maybe?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #1737
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

His admission was quite lengthy for what I would expect from someone who was being compelled.

I really don't know what to make of the professor right now, but I think there has to be more than what we know in play here.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #1738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Someone compelled Xavier? I find that hard to believe, but if true, very troublesome.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #1739
gi
College Prospect

And so the plot thickens
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #1740
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Daddy is on.... lets see what he has to say
Old 01-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #1741
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Someone compelled Xavier? I find that hard to believe, but if true, very troublesome.

-Hawkeye

I wouldn't doubt it, his post appeared hastily put together. He seemed to indicate he couldn't defend it later, and implicated someone who turns up dead.

Had I not been compelled in a game I wouldn't buy it, either.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #1742
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow. so sinister is one of the 12 and dead? makes me look BAD. nice job evil. the only thing I can think of is someone other than me with the ability to shapeshift/mess with minds.

quickly in myown defense (still at work): note that I posted my post BEFORE night actions came out. so I had no way of knowing what was going on. if I was evil I would have kept my mouth shut not gone off crowing about the pm I got seconds before.

wow. evil did a great job setting me up here. because they know I am one of the 12 . I will investigate my pm later on my break/at hom for further clues.

is there anyone else with mental powers in their character? that would be our easiest route to finding them. otherwse someone has a non-canon power.

wait a second...I think (will check) the pm said something about tentacles from all around my illusion trying to crush it. who would that point to comic-guys???
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #1743
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
wow. so sinister is one of the 12 and dead? makes me look BAD. nice job evil. the only thing I can think of is someone other than me with the ability to shapeshift/mess with minds.

quickly in myown defense (still at work): note that I posted my post BEFORE night actions came out. so I had no way of knowing what was going on. if I was evil I would have kept my mouth shut not gone off crowing about the pm I got seconds before.

wow. evil did a great job setting me up here. because they know I am one of the 12 . I will investigate my pm later on my break/at hom for further clues.

is there anyone else with mental powers in their character? that would be our easiest route to finding them. otherwse someone has a non-canon power.

wait a second...I think (will check) the pm said something about tentacles from all around my illusion trying to crush it. who would that point to comic-guys???

How do you know that you are one of the 12?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #1744
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
wow. evil did a great job setting me up here. because they know I am one of the 12

How do you know you are part of the 12?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #1745
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
something about tentacles from all around my illusion trying to crush it. who would that point to???

Cthulhu?

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #1746
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We know:

Sinister was good
Sinister publically stated he felt ProfessorX was his highest trusted person.
Sinister was killed outside of ProfessorX's home.

We assume:

Sinister either visited or was in the process of visiting ProfessorX last night.
Sinister wouldn't have been there to perform some form of good guy assasination attempt of someone he trusted.

We don't know:
Why Professor saw that He was attacked by sinister.

-------------------------

I would assume if Professor had been to kill sinister, the death would have occured at Sinister's home. With the death occuring outside of the professor's home, it seems to imply to me that Sinister set up the visit with the Professor.

I don't know what the Professor claimed to have seen, but this seems like a huge distraction tactic to me. Sinister felt we would be best served to eliminate Hawkeye today, and I agree with that approach. I feel someone wanted to create some form of huge diversion from that so Hawkeye could fade into the shadows and heal himself.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #1747
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Okay DT,

I asked once and so did Swaggs and Blade, how do you know that you are one of the 12? Also, if you posted the "I know Sinister is bad" message prior to night PMs, then you are saying you knew this from night 1?? What made you think Sinister was bad?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #1748
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay DT,

I asked once and so did Swaggs and Blade, how do you know that you are one of the 12? Also, if you posted the "I know Sinister is bad" message prior to night PMs, then you are saying you knew this from night 1?? What made you think Sinister was bad?

He posted it as the pms were being sent. i would like to know how he knows he is one of the 12 too though
Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #1749
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
He posted it as the pms were being sent. i would like to know how he knows he is one of the 12 too though
I might be a goob and not know better (it's happened before), but wouldn't thinking you've been attacked signify you're one of the twelve? I mean, that's who Apoc and his gang are going to go after, right?

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #1750
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Looks like he went back to work