Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #1701
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Suspect List:

Coder
Desnudo
Schmidty

If they aren't death eaters, they are probably the 3 dumbest werewolf players ever, bar none. I'm going by actions, and the fact that I always pop up in their potential DE circle. Gramm, if I were you I would take one of these 3 tonight after they duke you.

Trusted

Gramm: The duke

Ardent: Took the time to catch something I don't think a DE would try to catch in Coder's lie. Even if he is wrong about Code, a DE wouldn't take that much time.

Superman: Cast deciding vote on Sun

I don't a feeling on the rest of them at this point. I will be looking back through the thread later today.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #1702
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Back. I agree; if we go with Grammaticus today and he truly is who he says he is, then he can lynch Coder (or whoever).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #1703
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Trusted

Gramm: The duke
How are you so sure he's the duke? Because he says he is? And if he's the duke, then why haven't the wolves killed him yet? I'm beginning to get more and more distrustful of you.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #1704
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
they are probably the 3 dumbest werewolf players ever, bar none.

Hehe, I probably am.. Not sure about the other two though.. could be I'm being just as dumb as you think and they're actually deatheaters and are laughing like crazy at me now .

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #1705
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Suspect List:

If they aren't death eaters, they are probably the 3 dumbest werewolf players ever, bar none. I'm going by actions, and the fact that I always pop up in their potential DE circle. Gramm, if I were you I would take one of these 3 tonight after they duke you.

Thanks, personal insults are always a nice touch.

Edit: and why don't you contribute more instead of being critical if you want to help.

Last edited by Desnudo : 01-16-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #1706
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Thanks, personal insults are always a nice touch.

Edit: and why don't you contribute more instead of being critical if you want to help.
Not sure how saldana feels about this, but please don't edit your posts.

To answer your question, obviously it's to get under your skin. At this point, he's getting more and more suspicious to me. Instigating stuff like this is very wolf-like.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #1707
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder

Superman
Guess this one will make Ardent happy since he's got Superman as trusted, and this confirms his theory about me . However, Superman he's been doing some dodgy voting as well. During day 5, Superman was the one to tilt the balance from Gram to Path. First he voted for Jesse without a reason, then he unvoted Jesse and voted for Path, his only explanation being "hmmmm".

I'm about 90% sure that Gramm is the Duke. It just didn't make sense to me to lynch a villager on purpose, voting for path was just a shot in the dark. You are bound to hit something lurking in the shadows. Your voting is pretty dodgy also.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #1708
Desnudo
Coordinator

Yes, that's fine in all, but I would hope people remember it's a game and there's no need for personal insults. For example, I could call Dubb an arrogant jerk who's main contribution thus far has been to criticise other people's logic, but I won't.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #1709
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
I'm about 90% sure that Gramm is the Duke. It just didn't make sense to me to lynch a villager on purpose, voting for path was just a shot in the dark. You are bound to hit something lurking in the shadows. Your voting is pretty dodgy also.

Oh I know.. my votes are very poor. However, I've never unvoted, and I've never done so late near the deadline when it's obvious that my vote could tilt the balance.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #1710
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh I know.. my votes are very poor. However, I've never unvoted, and I've never done so late near the deadline when it's obvious that my vote could tilt the balance.

I've done it twice. One time I hit and one time I missed. A .500 batting isn't so bad.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #1711
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Suspect List:

Coder
Desnudo
Schmidty

If they aren't death eaters, they are probably the 3 dumbest werewolf players ever, bar none.

Look, I haven't taken a personal shot at you once this game, but I'm getting fed up with you attitude and your insulting attitude. Why do people like you have to ruin the game by being complete asshats? It's one thing to vote someone you're suspicious of(which is fine), or to get angry when you feel wrongly accused, but to downright insult someone on a personal level (calling someone unintelligent), is absolute childish bullshit.

If this is a ploy to take heat off yourself and heep it on someone else, it's a shitty way to play the game. If this isn't strategy and just diarreah of the mouth, you have some real-life issues you need to work out, such as having class. Either way, I think you owe 3 people a serious apology.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #1712
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
I've done it twice. One time I hit and one time I missed. A .500 batting isn't so bad.

Valid point. You're not as high on my list as the other three.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #1713
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Isn't that in of itself suspicious? I've unvoted when I saw that my vote didn't matter. Instead of sitting back, I made my vote count. To me, you want to slide by without being noticed so your vote [i]doesn't[i] count and you can survive by flying under the radar.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #1714
Coder
College Prospect

For what it's worth I wasn't terribly offended by being called the worst Werewolf-player to ever play the game... after voting out Wednesday I certainly felt like it.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #1715
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
For what it's worth I wasn't terribly offended by being called the worst Werewolf-player to ever play the game... after voting out Wednesday I certainly felt like it.

It doesn't matter if you do. Dubb has acted like a classless baby this entire game. I've tried to respond calmly to him, even making jokes, but this is it. He's making personal insults IN A GAME. I hate to be hasty, but I think that says something about his character.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #1716
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Isn't that in of itself suspicious? I've unvoted when I saw that my vote didn't matter. Instead of sitting back, I made my vote count. To me, you want to slide by without being noticed so your vote [i]doesn't[i] count and you can survive by flying under the radar.

Well I've been fairly vocal about why I decide to vote in any certain way. I have voted because I felt someone was evil and not because of a bandwagon. I've had strong feelings for all my votes, and those don't change simply because everyone else is voting on someone else.

The only case where I would have changed my vote if I travelled back in time NOT knowing what I know now (i.e. status quo), I would have done so day 1 when Neon revealed Qwik. However, when he did so, I was asleep.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #1717
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

On another note Jesse doesn't seem to be on anyone's trusted/distrusted list. Jesse and RPI are the amazing invisible wizards.

Edit: for spelling

Last edited by Superman=#54 : 01-16-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #1718
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
On another note Jesse doesn't seem to be on anyone's trusted/distrusted list. Jesse and RPI are the amazing invsible wizards.

I raised some suspicions about RPI but nothing major.

Code:
Name Vote Day Vote Total Votes RPI vote Superman Day 1 32 47 RPI switch to Qwik Day 1 37 47 Rpi vote Mr. W Day 2 33 59 RPI unvote Mr. W Day 2 46 59 RPI vote Pass Day 2 47 59 RPI vote Mr. W Day 3 30 51 RPI vote AlanT Day 3 41 51 RPI Vote Pass Day 4 25 30 RPI Vote Path12 Day 5 15 26

Old 01-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #1719
Schmidty
Coordinator

Getting on with the game, I think AE's analysis is very thorough and well-thought out; however, I still am feeling strongly about Gramm. Dubb's emotional post moves him even farther up my list. He looks like he's getting desperate.

I'll wait to see more today, but for now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Gram. Even if he is the Duke, we lose nothing AND essentially clear 2-3 people.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #1720
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
It doesn't matter if you do. Dubb has acted like a classless baby this entire game. I've tried to respond calmly to him, even making jokes, but this is it. He's making personal insults IN A GAME. I hate to be hasty, but I think that says something about his character.
OOG: Personally, I don't get that impression at all from dubb. Then again, I'm not exactly the best judge of character here since I did pretty much the same thing to saldana the first game he played on FOFC. That being said, I see the error of my ways and even though I may not mean anything by it personally, the people who are on the receiving end may take it that way. So in essence, I would agree that he needs to apologize if you're offended.

/OOG

Maybe I'm not perspective at all, but I thought you and Desnudo were playing a pretty good game so I don't know where the "dumbest werewolf players ever" comment came from. *shrug*
Old 01-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #1721
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
On another note Jesse doesn't seem to be on anyone's trusted/distrusted list. Jesse and RPI are the amazing invisible wizards.

Edit: for spelling
Can you guys please stop editing your posts? I think this "rule" came about when Blackadar played and edited all of his posts once he was hung...thus preventing us from going back to see what he had said.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #1722
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Maybe I'm not perspective at all, but I thought you and Desnudo were playing a pretty good game so I don't know where the "dumbest werewolf players ever" comment came from. *shrug*

From me of course

Old 01-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #1723
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Getting on with the game, I think AE's analysis is very thorough and well-thought out; however, I still am feeling strongly about Gramm. Dubb's emotional post moves him even farther up my list. He looks like he's getting desperate.
I think what we need to look at now is why is he getting desperate? Because he and Grammaticus are the only wolves left (maybe one more)? Maybe because Grammaticus is some super secret role for the wolves? Because he's the spy?

After the last lynching, I think we need to look at those who aren't willing to lynch Grammaticus last time or this time.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #1724
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
OOG: Personally, I don't get that impression at all from dubb. Then again, I'm not exactly the best judge of character here since I did pretty much the same thing to saldana the first game he played on FOFC. That being said, I see the error of my ways and even though I may not mean anything by it personally, the people who are on the receiving end may take it that way. So in essence, I would agree that he needs to apologize if you're offended.

/OOG

I'm all for forcing people to defend their actions and decisions. In my work environment, I both expect it and people expect it from me. There's a right way and wrong to do it though. It's just a game and insulting people's intelligence goes over the line, way over, with me and shows you don't have the ability to debate on an even platform since you had to resort to name calling.

I don't think I've had the greatest game ever played, but at least I'm trying rather than meta-analysing everyone else.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #1725
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

That's why it seems like a desperate ploy. A rude one, but still a ploy.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #1726
Coder
College Prospect

I'll go ahead and toss my vote out there since you all know where it's going to be. I will only change the vote to dubb or Kwhit should the tide turn that way, but I won't vote on anyone else even if it means saving myself (i.e. tilting the vote just to stay alive).

This is my first game of Werewolf and it's been extremly fun and I hope that I've become a better player each day and will do much better in the early parts of any other game I'm in.

Vote Grammaticus

Old 01-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #1727
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Circle of Trust
Schmidty
Ardent
Raiders
Desnudo

Nuetral
Kingfc
RPI
Jesse
Old 01-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #1728
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm all for forcing people to defend their actions and decisions. In my work environment, I both expect it and people expect it from me. There's a right way and wrong to do it though. It's just a game and insulting people's intelligence goes over the line, way over, with me and shows you don't have the ability to debate on an even platform since you had to resort to name calling.

I don't think I've had the greatest game ever played, but at least I'm trying rather than meta-analysing everyone else.

Excatly. Dubb is usually a bit more helpful/analytical in these games. This game, he's been nothing but emotional. Makes you really wonder, doesn't it?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #1729
Coder
College Prospect

I'd also like to point out that according to my records, Pass is neither dead nor has voted more than once.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #1730
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, I have no circle of trust. I only have an idea of what makes sense to me. Right now it makes sense to me to lynch Grammaticus. I'm also suspicious of:

dubb93
Coder
Jesse Ewiak

And once again I see Jesse in the thread but not saying anything...then again, I have today off so I can just sit here and look for new updates in the thread.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #1731
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

At this point, best bet is to vote Gram. Worst-case he's a wizard and in this case, it is his fault for all but saying he's the duke. Hopefully, he nails a wolf and we all live another day.

If he is a wolf, worst case is he's a brutal wolf-type and we still get a wolf out of the deal even if we lose a wizard.
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #1732
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Ewiak
If he is a wolf, worst case is he's a brutal wolf-type and we still get a wolf out of the deal even if we lose a wizard.

What does that mean? can a wolf kill someone even if they're lynched?

Old 01-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #1733
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, I have no circle of trust. I only have an idea of what makes sense to me. Right now it makes sense to me to lynch Grammaticus. I'm also suspicious of:

dubb93
Coder
Jesse Ewiak

And once again I see Jesse in the thread but not saying anything...then again, I have today off so I can just sit here and look for new updates in the thread.

The problem is that too many people have been quiet. There's a group that seems to be involved in most of the discussions and everyone else is silent except for voting. Obviously not all the silent ones, or maybe even any are DEs, but it makes it a pain. I would ask any wizards that have the opportunity, to post more, so that we can start getting better track records on people.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #1734
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It means before we kill him, he'll kill one of us.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #1735
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

It's a role that's been in other games, basically, the wolf dies, but can take one or two others with him. Kind of an evil duke role.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #1736
Coder
College Prospect

Ok. Ouch

Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #1737
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
1.Alan T, Wizard, Potions Master, Lynched Day 3
2.SnDvls, Death Eater, Occlumens, Lynched Day 2
3.Barkeep49, Wizard, Retired Auror, Murdered Night 1
4.Path12
5.Mr. Wednesday
6.Ardent Enthusiast
7.Dacman
8.Lathum
9.Blade6119, Wizard, Master of DAtDA, Poisoned Night 1
10.St Cronin
11.Passacaglia
12.Desnudo
13.Coder
14.Raiders Army
15.Schmidty
16.KWhit
17.TazFTW
18.Dubb93
19.JeeberD
20.WVUFan
21.Kingfc22
22.Superman=#54
23.RPI-Fan
24.Grammaticus
25.Coffee Warlord
26.Neon_Chaos, Wizard, Legilimens, Murdered, Night 2
27.Jesse_Ewiak
28.Qwikshot - Death Eater, student of magic, lynched day 1
Hmmm...post #1. I gotta look to see how updated it is.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #1738
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll admit to deleting posts after I died in the spawn game. I was a little ticked when I was killed off for using my duke role.

Wish I hadn't done that now, but I did do it.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #1739
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The problem is that too many people have been quiet. There's a group that seems to be involved in most of the discussions and everyone else is silent except for voting. Obviously not all the silent ones, or maybe even any are DEs, but it makes it a pain. I would ask any wizards that have the opportunity, to post more, so that we can start getting better track records on people.

I'd post more, but I'm dead

BTW I played the dumbest WW game because I'm already dead
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #1740
Desnudo
Coordinator

Actually the dead were the most active over the weekend.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #1741
Schmidty
Coordinator

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what do the DEs get by killing Dacman last night?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #1742
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Um...another dead wizard. Which, Gramm's non-death when he's all but said "I'm the Duke" is the only reason why I think he might have a brutal wolf type role.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #1743
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what do the DEs get by killing Dacman last night?

My guess is that they kill a wizard that no one was sure of. He wasn't clearly supporting anyone, and he was not a real suspect to anyone (?). Therefore, they killed the wizard least likely to lead us to another deatheater.. if that makes sense.

Had they killed Desnudo, Schmidty or me, the rest of you had turned straight to Gram/dubb et al based on our suspicions.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #1744
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

That's the dumbest question ever asked on any internet message board in the history of the world.

I don't know, maybe he was on to something? Or just random selection.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #1745
Coder
College Prospect

..and had they killed Gram or dubb, we would have been suspected.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #1746
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's the dumbest question ever asked on any internet message board in the history of the world.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:01 PM   #1747
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This is quite possibly the dumbest observation ever in the history of language. My eyes began bleeding upon reading this and I immediately fell to a lower IQ bracket. Please don't do this to us again.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #1748
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
..and had they killed Gram or dubb, we would have been suspected.

If Gram and Dubb weren't DEs, all the DEs would have had to do was kill me in the night. Not only would I be dead, but Gram and/or Dubb would have been toast too. Good point.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #1749
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

As a side note, I'm heading to movies/dinner/etc. in a few here, so there's no guarantee that I'll be back for a vote. GOOOOOOOOO WIZARDS!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #1750
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
This is quite possibly the dumbest observation ever in the history of language. My eyes began bleeding upon reading this and I immediately fell to a lower IQ bracket. Please don't do this to us again.

Sorry for making your eyes bleed. Sort of.

Okay, can someone please argue the other side of this for me? What strategy would the DEs employ that would mean they want to keep the duke alive? Meaning, why kill someone like Dacman, who didn't appear to have a role, when you know who the duke is? I'm looking for anything.