Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2005, 06:13 AM   #1701
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Peca's contract makes him the de facto #1 center. Unfortunately, as much as he brings to the game, he just doesn't have the offence.

He scored over 20 goals 4 times, but the last two seasons have seen a big drop off. I really think that Peca could have increased the offense, but was forced to concentrate on his defensive abilities so much that he has lost his touch. Just my opinion...and it doesn't help the Oilers right now.

At this point they should try sending Mike Morrison in there. Even if he gives up 7 goals, it won't be like that has not happened before. If he gives them a spark, it might save some confidence at a crucial time.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:15 AM   #1702
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
I'd make a serious run at Noronen. Scoring by committee can work but not if the team has no confidence in the man inbetween the pipes.

All we have is the committee without the scoring. But I'm sure Lowe is working on bringing in another defenseman to shore up the offense. That should fix things
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:58 AM   #1703
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
All we have is the committee without the scoring. But I'm sure Lowe is working on bringing in another defenseman to shore up the offense. That should fix things

It is fashionable to pile on Lowe right now, but on paper the team looked a lot better to me than it has performed. The obvious weak link was in goal, but it really was time to see if Conklin could do it and Markkanen was supposed to be solid enough to handle the load if Ty went under.

Without Horcoff and Smyth, the team is missing too much. Those guys were the offensive fire and nobody has stepped up, except for Moreau. When he is the only guy scoring for two games in a row, there are real offensive problems. He is a heart guy and will do what he can, but he is not an offensive player. Unfortunately, the skilled guys aren't getting the message that Ethan is trying to deliver.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #1704
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Dear Klayman,

Please disregard previous letter. I had no idea how bad it was.

Still Yours
DD
Old 10-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #1705
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, who is the retard for Rogers doing intermission analasys for the Oilers, and has he ever seen a hockey game before?

during the first intermission, he had a RIVETING piece on when to come to a teammate's aid, and when not to. His first example was Jason Smith taking on Steve Konowalchuk (who he described as "some player"). According to the dipshit, Smith was protecting his goalie as "the player" was clearly taking whacks after the whistle at the goalie. Of course, if he actually had SEEN the play, he would have noticed that the two of them were together behind the net and were well on their way to a scrum before the whistle even blew. Even better, his example of when NOT to come to a player's aid was when Rita levelled Brunette with that beautiful hit and then May chased down Rita - may, of course, as an Av, being the one in the wrong there. He must not have noticed that Laroque then chased down May and got an extra penalty for the Oilers (and probably could have gotten a 3rd man in), giving the Avs a powerplay. Nice example, douchebag.

but the topper was during the 2nd intermission, as he babbled about the Oilers needing a scorer and then had the fucking AUDACITY to complain that he didn't know how Lowe would be able to acquire a scorer with the new salary cap rules. EXCUSE ME? We are talking about the Edmonton Oilers, right? One of the small market teams that is now on an even playing field with the big money teams? The one that could go out in the offseason and add high-priced talent that other teams no longer could afford? AND YOU ARE BITCHING? fuck you, idiot, whomever the fuck you are.

EDIT: had to fire the Tivo back up to find out. the lameass is Mike Brophy.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 10-22-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #1706
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and while I'm in my rant mode, this officiating is AWFUL.

last night in the Avs / Oilers game I counted at least 4 clear obstruction calls, all right with the play in plain sight of the referee. There were all kinds of penalties called last night, but no obstruction / interference calls. In the first week of the season, if you held up a guy who didn't have the puck, even if it was minor contact, there was a call; tonight, guys were standing opponents up and into the boards, not just impeding their progress but STOPPING THEM FROM MOVING, and no calls (these no calls went both ways, btw - both teams were guilty of this). Saw the same stuff in the Avs/Kings game too.

Meanwhile, if you so much as touch a guy in their stomach or their skate with your stick, you are going to sit for hooking or tripping. If you are going to call these types of penalties, for crying out loud call the obstruction ones too. please.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #1707
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
Meanwhile, if you so much as touch a guy in their stomach or their skate with your stick, you are going to sit for hooking or tripping. If you are going to call these types of penalties, for crying out loud call the obstruction ones too. please.

The officials don't have the balls to continue to enforce the rules properly. It is screwing things up. It won't be long before it is the same way it was before.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #1708
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
The officials don't have the balls to continue to enforce the rules properly. It is screwing things up. It won't be long before it is the same way it was before.

yep, and before I hear the 'veteran refs are adapting better' argument again, it was McGeough last night and Fraser on Wednesday.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #1709
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
yep, and before I hear the 'veteran refs are adapting better' argument again, it was McGeough last night and Fraser on Wednesday.

The only way I think you can really change things is by bringing in officials who can be intimidated into doing it your way. The fear of big fines or termination for screwing up is the only way to make this sort of change. When push comes to shove, these guys revert to their "safe" old ways. Their upper management needs to be in their face and dock them pay for a game if they continue to not call it properly. The officials that suck will quickly learn to do it right, get used to losing their salary in fines, or quit.

Last edited by Tekneek : 10-22-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:47 PM   #1710
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
so, who is the retard for Rogers doing intermission analasys for the Oilers, and has he ever seen a hockey game before?

during the first intermission, he had a RIVETING piece on when to come to a teammate's aid, and when not to. His first example was Jason Smith taking on Steve Konowalchuk (who he described as "some player"). According to the dipshit, Smith was protecting his goalie as "the player" was clearly taking whacks after the whistle at the goalie. Of course, if he actually had SEEN the play, he would have noticed that the two of them were together behind the net and were well on their way to a scrum before the whistle even blew. Even better, his example of when NOT to come to a player's aid was when Rita levelled Brunette with that beautiful hit and then May chased down Rita - may, of course, as an Av, being the one in the wrong there. He must not have noticed that Laroque then chased down May and got an extra penalty for the Oilers (and probably could have gotten a 3rd man in), giving the Avs a powerplay. Nice example, douchebag.

but the topper was during the 2nd intermission, as he babbled about the Oilers needing a scorer and then had the fucking AUDACITY to complain that he didn't know how Lowe would be able to acquire a scorer with the new salary cap rules. EXCUSE ME? We are talking about the Edmonton Oilers, right? One of the small market teams that is now on an even playing field with the big money teams? The one that could go out in the offseason and add high-priced talent that other teams no longer could afford? AND YOU ARE BITCHING? fuck you, idiot, whomever the fuck you are.

EDIT: had to fire the Tivo back up to find out. the lameass is Mike Brophy.

Announcers of Canadien teams are pretty much the reason I now root against all of them.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #1711
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Announcers of Canadien teams are pretty much the reason I now root against all of them.

As bad as these guys might have been, they've got nothin', and I mean nothin', against the guys who call the Ave games. They are horrible.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #1712
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

You have to remember that all local broadcasts will be infuriating if you're not a fan of the home team. It's just a question of degree. If you want to see good broadcasting you really need to watch a national game, and even then you take your chances.

I find that now I have Centre Ice, I really have to remind myself that I'm still watching local feeds.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #1713
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Really? All of them, even guys for the Leafs, are generally higher quality than the ones doing games for US-based teams.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #1714
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Really? All of them, even guys for the Leafs, are generally higher quality than the ones doing games for US-based teams.

Oilers -- homers.
Flamers -- homers.
Leafs -- homers.
Canadiens -- homers (though we don't have to see their broadcast ever).
Sens -- homers.

Canucks -- good.

I agree the announcers are better, but I just find that the non-TSN ones (like Oilers on Rogers Sportsnet) have such big homer undertones that I don't like them.

Same reason I like the Avs less and less as I watch more of their games on CI...
Old 10-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #1715
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

While talking about announcers, normally I LOVE the PHX guys (someone and Panger).

But Thursday night, it was one of the games where the penalties got a little out of hand. Panger was being such a jerk, and being a huge homer at the same time. A couple times when he thought their could have been a penalty in PHX's favor, he yelled out "COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!" and would cheer and stuff when they made a good play (note: not "comment", but CHEER).

Hopefully these guys realize how out of control they were, because normally they're one of my favorite pairings. The PbP guy has a great flow and Panger is pretty good of course.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #1716
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oilers -- homers.
Flamers -- homers.
Leafs -- homers.
Sens -- homers.

Canucks -- good.

I agree the announcers are better, but I just find that the non-TSN ones (like Oilers on Rogers Sportsnet) have such big homer undertones that I don't like them.

Same reason I like the Avs less and less as I watch more of their games on CI...

Who does the Oiler games with Ray Ferraro? He was the play-by-play guy for EA Sports NHL 99 (and perhaps one or two others) which was the last one I really played. I find it very disconcerting to listen to the guy, because it sounds so much like I am playing the game. It's eerie. I don't get that from anyone else, in any sport, other than this guy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #1717
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Dola.

Wings just crushed Columbus 6-0.

Good game for the beloved Wings.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #1718
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Who does the Oiler games with Ray Ferraro? He was the play-by-play guy for EA Sports NHL 99 (and perhaps one or two others) which was the last one I really played. I find it very disconcerting to listen to the guy, because it sounds so much like I am playing the game. It's eerie. I don't get that from anyone else, in any sport, other than this guy.

The current EA NHL play by play announcer is Jim Hughson, and he has had the job since NHL 97. I think he does play by play for Vancouver and Hockey Night in Canada.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #1719
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S
The current EA NHL play by play announcer is Jim Hughson, and he has had the job since NHL 97. I think he does play by play for Vancouver and Hockey Night in Canada.

He's done the Oiler games I've watched (most have been on HNiC). Until this year, I haven't heard him call an actual game. It's very eerie.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #1720
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
He's done the Oiler games I've watched (most have been on HNiC). Until this year, I haven't heard him call an actual game. It's very eerie.

I'd heard him do most of the 'Nucks games this year on non-HNiC games on weeknights-- this is the one guy I definitely like in Canada, along with sometimes the TSN crew.

I agree about him sounding EXACTLY like the video game... same cadances and everything.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:48 PM   #1721
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Dola.

Wings just crushed Columbus 6-0.

Good game for the beloved Wings.

I almost started watching some baseball after that first period, its nice to see that Columbus at least mails it in earlier in the games now, rather than late. I thought after watching their best game last night, they'd play close to as good tonight, but then I realized what I was saying. Oh well, there's always Monday night when I'll be there
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #1722
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

While we are on the topic of announcers... TSN really needs to get Cuthbert a better colour guy. Glenn Healy is a complete moron!!!
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #1723
henry296
College Starter

The Penguins stink...
Old 10-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #1724
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
The Penguins stink...

... not as much as Aki Berg.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #1725
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
Glenn Healy is a complete moron!!!
Completely agree.

Last edited by klayman : 10-22-2005 at 10:36 PM.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #1726
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Oilers -- homers.
Flamers -- homers.
Leafs -- homers.
Sens -- homers.

Canucks -- good.

I would be very surprised if they werent homers.....
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #1727
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fun time at the ol' arena tonight, as the Thrashers awake from their deep slumber, rallying to beat the Devils 4-3. Petrovicky scored twice, including the game winner with about 6 minutes left, one of several players who really seemed determined that the drought was going to end tonight, Brodeur or no Brodeur.

Interesting to watch in person rather than on TV too, a good chance to see some things away from the puck that I think might explain some of the recent troubles. 2 of the 3 NJ goals came on plays when defensemen were simply outhustled to the puck, basically when they pulled up too quickly & appeared quite willing to concede possession in our own corner. Young Berkhoel got his first NHL win, really found myself pulling for the kid who is pretty obviously too green for this level but sure didn't lack for effort tonight.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #1728
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Young Berkhoel got his first NHL win, really found myself pulling for the kid who is pretty obviously too green for this level but sure didn't lack for effort tonight.

I would say that Berkhoel has passed Garnett in the depth chart now.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #1729
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
You have to remember that all local broadcasts will be infuriating if you're not a fan of the home team. It's just a question of degree. If you want to see good broadcasting you really need to watch a national game, and even then you take your chances.

I find that now I have Centre Ice, I really have to remind myself that I'm still watching local feeds.

overall, this is true, although there are some pretty good non-homer broadcasters (Detroit comes to mind).
but Brophy was just beyond belief to me. plus, he was a dickhead about everything he was saying - really sounded like he wanted you to know he was smarter than you. Kind of like Pierre McGuire, although I think McGuire actually knows what the fuck he's talking about. Brophy didn't.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #1730
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I wonder if the NHL is using the OLN guys to write their front page articles:
"The Wild come calling on the Blackhawks tonight (7 p.m. ET) in a matchup of Western Conference squads. Also in the West, the Colorado Avalanche will visit Los Angeles for a meeting with improved Kings at 10:30 p.m. ET. Elsewhere, Phoenix is visiting Anaheim..."

Calgary, of course, is the team in LA tonight. Colorado is off.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #1731
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

nice to see the Avs/Canucks game finally out of the way. Decent game - Avs gave up WAY too many penalties, and stupid ones at that. Fun ending though - they scored 3 goals in less than 2 minutes to bring them to 5-4 with a minute left, but they couldn't get that last one home. Would have been crazy if they pulled that one off.

btw, someone mentioned the "refusal to play" bench penalty. Noticed in last nights boxscore that there were 2 of them in the Avs boxscore on NHL.com. Neither were bench penalties - I think someone scoring the game is just typing in a wrong code or something...both of those penalties were goalie interference.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #1732
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Bump this thread with a salute to the hometown team for chopping down the Senators tonight, 3-2. Gerber was absolutely out of his mind in the third period. It's a doggone shame hardly anybody was there to see it, though. Hopefully, if the Canes can keep this up, the people will come around again. It's going to be challenging, though, with everyone in the Triangle getting fixated on the upcoming basketball season with a defending champ in UNC, a sure-fire contender in Duke, and...well, we'll see about State (again).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #1733
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

See, like I said before, the shootout is a great idea...

Nah, still don't like it. Still, nice to see the Leafs absolutely steal two points from the Bruins -- no way they deserved anything from that performance, but we'll take it.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #1734
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
Bump this thread with a salute to the hometown team for chopping down the Senators tonight, 3-2. Gerber was absolutely out of his mind in the third period. It's a doggone shame hardly anybody was there to see it, though. Hopefully, if the Canes can keep this up, the people will come around again. It's going to be challenging, though, with everyone in the Triangle getting fixated on the upcoming basketball season with a defending champ in UNC, a sure-fire contender in Duke, and...well, we'll see about State (again).

Saw that there was NO ONE at the Carolina game... wonder what the attendance was? (scoresheet isn't up on NHL.com yet)

Nice win for you guys, though... Gerber made some nice saves... but that building being empty took a good hockey game and made it not very interesting to me (compared to the Loafs-B's game).
Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #1735
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
See, like I said before, the shootout is a great idea...

Nah, still don't like it. Still, nice to see the Leafs absolutely steal two points from the Bruins -- no way they deserved anything from that performance, but we'll take it.

Shootout is growing on me VERY slowly, but I still have no doubt that I would have liked 3x3 SOOOOO much better.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 PM   #1736
Schmidty
Coordinator

I check this thread once in a while to laugh at all the people who think their teams have a chance.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #1737
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I check this thread once in a while to laugh at all the people who think their teams have a chance.

Rest assured, Hawks fans do not feel that way

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #1738
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Saw that there was NO ONE at the Carolina game... wonder what the attendance was? (scoresheet isn't up on NHL.com yet)

Nice win for you guys, though... Gerber made some nice saves... but that building being empty took a good hockey game and made it not very interesting to me (compared to the Loafs-B's game).

Official figure I think I've seen was around 12,000, but I'm guessing that's paid attendance. I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 10,000 tonight, though the Ottawa telecast seemed to go to pains to hide the empty seats, choosing either tight audience shots or audience shots that were decently filled.

It's going to take a bit of time for the natives to warm up to the NHL again, it looks like. They burned up just about all the collateral they got with the 2002 Cup run with crap years in 2003 and 2004. The lockout mattered not a dot because the ACC is always king. There's a core of devoted fans, but there just aren't that many of them. When the management took to self-imposing a $28 million cap on the team, well, it doesn't help generate much excitement because it made ownership look cheap (which it is, even if it's losing money hand-over-fist) and dashed hopes that a big fish would sign in the fantasy free agency free-for-all. They had a sell-out for the home opener against Pittsburgh, but the other home games have been sparsely attended.

Admittedly, I'm I guess what you would call "strongly interested", but not devoted. I care when they win, but my life doesn't come to a crashing halt if they don't. However, I've been following with a little more interest because of this good start. Having CI has helped somewhat in that regard in that I am actually getting to see the Canes play more often now.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:39 PM   #1739
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

espn.com boxscore says Attendance: 12,116

edit to add: which is about what Washington & Chicago have averaged YTD.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-24-2005 at 11:43 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 PM   #1740
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Shootout is growing on me VERY slowly, but I still have no doubt that I would have liked 3x3 SOOOOO much better.

I don't mind shootout. I just can't stand the fact that points are awarded to teams that lose in OT or SO. In my mind, if there are no ties, then there should be no benefits to losing, either. Wins and losses only. It annoys me that essentially the Rangers are 4-6 (4-3-3), but lead their division. Philly's 4-2, NJ and NYI are 4-4. Yet those three teams are behind the Rangers because the Rangers have gotten 3 points from OT/SO losses. Really, Philly should be in first at 4-2, the Isles and Devils 1 game back at 4-4, and the Rangers 2 games back at 4-6. The Pens are 0-8 and 5 games back already.

I'm not picking on the Rangers, BTW. They just happen to be the ready example in my rant.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:30 AM   #1741
Johnny93g
College Starter

I still dislike the shootout.....i dont think anyone watching, or anyone in the building would have minded seeing another ot period....it was more exciting then the shootout imo...

I also thought the refs were horrible in the Leafs/Bruins game....not because they gave the LEafs 6 straight penalties(cuz we deserved the penalties)...but because their isnt any consistancy....i counted 6 penalties in the 3rd...(4 by Toronto, 2 by Boston) that were not called, but were of the same calibre of penalties that were called.....1st 3 games of the year, these were all called, now, the refs have relaxed on the penalty calls, just like every time they tried to tighten up.....by playoff time, back to normal
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #1742
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
I still dislike the shootout.....i dont think anyone watching, or anyone in the building would have minded seeing another ot period....it was more exciting then the shootout imo...

++
make the freaking OT 10 minutes long, and a lot of those ties will go away.
and, again, if you are going to have the stupid shootout, make it 5 v 5, not 3 v 3.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #1743
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I like the shootout. In the end, your goalie saves your ass in regulation. He should get you the extra point, as well.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #1744
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

yup
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:49 AM   #1745
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
++
make the freaking OT 10 minutes long, and a lot of those ties will go away.
Yep. The OT in the Boston/Toronto game was fantastic, edge-of-your-seat stuff. Then we go to a shootout -- bring out the zambonis, collect the lists, explain the rules to the players (again!), etc. A good ten minutes of standing around before the 'excitement' of the shootout kicks in.

I would have loved to have seen another five minutes of OT last night. And if they did play ten and the game was still tied, do you really think there'd be a single fan leaving the building saying "Gosh, I just saw 70-minutes of exciting, end-to-end hockey, but that tie leaves me feeling so unfulfilled!"
Old 10-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #1746
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I would say that Berkhoel has passed Garnett in the depth chart now.

Berkhoel is a good goalie, another Minnesota kid that I've seen play many times since his HS days at Anoka.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #1747
st.cronin
General Manager

I know good goaltending is hard to find, but how is Jocelyn Thibault still in the NHL??? How bad does he have to suck to bomb out of the league??? Watching Fla-Pit ... geez, but Pittsburgh has a lot of old guys on their team. Palfy is practically a prospect on that team.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #1748
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

nice to see that officiating still sucks.

yes, Mr Referee, it is TOTALLY cool if you let Pronger just hold that guy against the boards. he doesn't have the puck, but I think that's just because he really didn't want the puck anyway. totally cool.

and, hey, while we're at it, let's let them use the goalie as a barcalounger. asshats.

now I have to avoid this thread until tomorrow, since I'm tivoing the rest of the game.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #1749
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Wow, that sucks. You hate see a guy like Sakic suffer that kind of injury. Looked excruciating. The league will miss him.

(Just checking to see if DD is still here.)
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #1750
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow, that sucks. You hate see a guy like Sakic suffer that kind of injury. Looked excruciating. The league will miss him.

(Just checking to see if DD is still here.)

cute.
but now I'm really leaving.