Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #1701
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, Chief Rum is the whore. Anxeity disgiused himself as Chief Rum.

Sorry for the mix up. I just went back and read everything. Anxiety is the actor.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #1702
spleen1015
Coordinator

If st. cronin has a knife, I don't think he'll have a gun as well. So, have a showdown with him should do the deed. I wonder if we should jail him and lynch him tomorow and use the showdown on someone else.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #1703
spleen1015
Coordinator

They may be able to free him from jail, though so killing him ASAP may be the best bet.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #1704
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I fully believe Chubby

no lynch for now

jail st. C he was pushing for me for a while and now I see why.
I'm just a town folk and he is up to no good.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #1705
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

St Cronin is of course claiming he was home all night which he won't be able to have anyone back up.

St Cronin - I'd loooooooooooove to know what you were talking to ntndeacon about.

I think it's highly unlikely it was the actor last night, not saying it isn't possible but the odds are sure as heck against it.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #1706
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

but do you think the actor can kill while doing his acting bit? i would just assume he could act to get info from people or mimic them in conversation. im still leaning toward cronin. hes never been high on my trust list
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #1707
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If st. cronin has a knife, I don't think he'll have a gun as well. So, have a showdown with him should do the deed. I wonder if we should jail him and lynch him tomorow and use the showdown on someone else.

The only problem with that is I don't know if we have another legit suspect (or at least one with a lot of evidence against them).

I agree that if he was a knife he sure as heck isn't likely to have a gun.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #1708
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

bullet - only one way to find out for sure I guess.

St Cronin's only possible defense is "I was home all alone last night". There's no one that will back him up in being out but not involved in the murder (I'm pretty sure) and the actor is the only explanation he can offer that is even remotely plausible (tho highly unlikely)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #1709
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So all we can do is elect a sherrif? Well in that case I will go with the guy, who, ya know, is providing information. Again information being good for the villagers.

elect st.cronin

This post incrimidates Barkeep a great deal to me. I don't think it was by chance that Barkeep wanted to elect st. cronin as sheriff. I think he wanted to elect a fellow cowboy sheriff.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #1710
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
but do you think the actor can kill while doing his acting bit? i would just assume he could act to get info from people or mimic them in conversation. im still leaning toward cronin. hes never been high on my trust list

I don't know how the roles work but I would assume he can only appear as someone else and not appear as someone else AND do an action.

Also, if we simply jail St Cronin he will likely be broken (out they will at least try) out of jail tonight.

Putting myself on a limb is irrelevant since I"m likely tonights target anyways.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #1711
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This post incrimidates Barkeep a great deal to me. I don't think it was by chance that Barkeep wanted to elect st. cronin as sheriff. I think he wanted to elect a fellow cowboy sheriff.

I don't have any negative or positive vibes about Barkeep as such, but I'm leary of piling others on Cronin's bandwagon quite yet.

That said. NtN somewhat "vouched" for Cronin. Lets make Swaggs the sheriff NOW.

I've already done my part. Vote Swaggs now. NtN may not be a cowboy, but I don't want him as my sheriff.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #1712
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

the only problem with that is Barkeep is the barkeep. ive put it out there from day 1 that i like the booze. why wouldnt he approach me and try to turn me knowing that im a boozehound. hell i even missed a day because i was plastered. i find it hard to believe that he wouldnt have made a play to flip me to the cowboys if Barkeep was a cowboy. my guess is he just thinks Cronin is a villager ( i too am not 100% sold on him being a cowboy)

Crionin could be a villager and be framed by Chubby, or chubby could be set up by anxiety. but i think best odds are that Cronin is the badie. i doubt Anxiety would go out and do his acting bit while killing on the off chance hes spoted, how would he know Fouts would be spied on last night. or if he could do his acting WHILE killing at all.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1713
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't have any negative or positive vibes about Barkeep as such, but I'm leary of piling others on Cronin's bandwagon quite yet.

That said. NtN somewhat "vouched" for Cronin. Lets make Swaggs the sheriff NOW.

I've already done my part. Vote Swaggs now. NtN may not be a cowboy, but I don't want him as my sheriff.

It's possible that due to that vouching, that St Cronin was converted...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1714
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Vote Bulletsponge for sheriff

the only one im sure is Villager
Old 10-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #1715
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

Elect Bulletsponge
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #1716
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
It's possible that due to that vouching, that St Cronin was converted...

Hey same goes for NtN.

The only living person in this town that I trust implicitly is Swaggs. Chubby is close. If bullet guns down Cronin, he'll be there as well. That goes no matter what affiliation Cronin turns out to have.

In my short WW history, I'm thinking that unless you are cleared by a seer, the only thing that makes you trustworth are in game actions. Votes are closely behind that. I'm saying that precisely because no one has been cleared by our seer, that Swaggs is our best bet.

Swaggs has been out of reach of corruption, except for a brief window last night.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #1717
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

BTW NTN can clear me (if you think hes a villager) he visited me last night
Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #1718
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Hey same goes for NtN.

The only living person in this town that I trust implicitly is Swaggs. Chubby is close. If bullet guns down Cronin, he'll be there as well. That goes no matter what affiliation Cronin turns out to have.

In my short WW history, I'm thinking that unless you are cleared by a seer, the only thing that makes you trustworth are in game actions. Votes are closely behind that. I'm saying that precisely because no one has been cleared by our seer, that Swaggs is our best bet.

Swaggs has been out of reach of corruption, except for a brief window last night.

I don't disagree with any of that. Hell, the conversation between NTN and St Cronin on night 1 (where Cronin did all the talking despite NTN going to Cronin's house) might have been a conversion right there, I don't know...

I do know that I saw St Cronin murder Fouts last night.

I also know that I'm pretty sure bullet is a villager but him having a showdown with St Cronin would pretty much cement that.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #1719
hoopsguy
General Manager

There was a conversion Day 1 and there has not been one since. So the idea that Cronin could have been converted after this time does not hold up.

After last night I don't know if NTN could spot a Cowboy if he spoke with one, but he did speak with Cronin on Night 2 - NTN, Cronin, and Chubby all agree on this point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #1720
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I don't disagree with any of that. Hell, the conversation between NTN and St Cronin on night 1 (where Cronin did all the talking despite NTN going to Cronin's house) might have been a conversion right there, I don't know...

I do know that I saw St Cronin murder Fouts last night.

I also know that I'm pretty sure bullet is a villager but him having a showdown with St Cronin would pretty much cement that.

to be fair the NTN/ cronin conversation on night 1 looked a lot like what happened to me last night. how do we know there wasnt a convertioon on another night?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #1721
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I mistyped above. It was night 2 they talked since I watched NTN go to Cronin's house.

However bullet claims he was visited last night by NTN so I think that's NTN's other role.

Bullet - If you want to gain trust and get into people's COT you're going to need to showdown with St Cronin. if you choose not to, you're going to look very suspect since I saw St Cronin kill a villager last night...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #1722
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
BTW NTN can clear me (if you think hes a villager) he visited me last night

NtN can't clear you in my opinion.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #1723
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
There was a conversion Day 1 and there has not been one since. So the idea that Cronin could have been converted after this time does not hold up.

After last night I don't know if NTN could spot a Cowboy if he spoke with one, but he did speak with Cronin on Night 2 - NTN, Cronin, and Chubby all agree on this point.

when NTN came to me last night i was informed he was a preacher and he tried to convince me to stop my sinnin ways ( drinkin) he could also tell that i wasnt a cowboy
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1724
path12
Coordinator

My thought would be for the showdown with Bullet/Cronin and to jail Anxiety just in case it was him.

I'd like to hear from ntn and see what he is willing to share about his interaction with Cronin before we jump to any conclusions.

I did suspect Chubby of being the guard though, so his story rings true to me.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1725
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
when NTN came to me last night i was informed he was a preacher and he tried to convince me to stop my sinnin ways ( drinkin) he could also tell that i wasnt a cowboy

I can believe that. That would explain his conversation with St Cronin somewhat.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #1726
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well i aint shootin anyone till i get their side of the story. although Cronins first post after he was busted was real weak.

id also like to hear from Anxiety. i aint above shooting some fruity actor armed with only a knife
Old 10-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1727
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Another reason why I don't think the actor would try a kill as another person...

What's it going to save him? A day?

The guy he looked like will be killed, revealed as a villager and then the actor would be the lynch target.

This would be plasuible if we didn't know who the actor was, but we do.

Jail Anxiety unless bullet finally has a showdown with St Cronin and Cronin comes up bad as he should.

No lynch I don't have enough info to lynch either of them.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #1728
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

bah, gotta leave for work in 10 which is why I'm sure Cronin disappeared.

When he knows I'm out for the night he'll be back to try and make some case for himself...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #1729
spleen1015
Coordinator

NO LYNCH LoneStarGirl
Old 10-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #1730
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

(I already voted to jail St Cronin so I'm advocating jailing them both if there's no showdown)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #1731
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

why is LSG on the block?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #1732
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay guys, i am in jail and NTN is not here, but when he gets here he will tell you I dont have a gun. Or knife. Or anything. That should prove to you I am a villager. Bullet, i have trusted you from day one and I strongly suggest you take out St Cronin. I also think we need to jail anxiety if his story doesn't hold up. But as for me, NTN will tell you that I had nothing on me last night
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #1733
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Bulley: Because NTN had a *feeling* about me, and St. Cronin told him to put me in, and he listened
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #1734
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the rules:
Quote:
In addition, all players are assumed to have personal spending money for drinks/dinner as well as a small knife. The ability to use spending money or your knifes in ways other than dictated by the story will be stated in any role that could possibly have such abilities.

LSG, going back to the rules everyone has a knife for purposes of the story. But only some people have guns. It is pretty clear that the killer last night didn't have a gun. The fact that you were arrested without having a gun does not, in and of itself, clear you.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #1735
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've been of the opinion that we need to lynch people to gain information and I still feel that way. The odds of hitting a Cowboy with a jail decision are climbing with each dead villager.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #1736
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I've been of the opinion that we need to lynch people to gain information and I still feel that way. The odds of hitting a Cowboy with a jail decision are climbing with each dead villager.

I think you need to be thrown into the same category as Barkeep. You guys have been playing a good villager game, but I refuse to believe it. You and Fouts were at odds yesterday and Fouts ends up dead today.

I hope everyone is reading what I am saying, because they will likely hit me tonight, if I am right.

After st. cronin, we really need to start looking at Barkeep and hoops.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #1737
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is Anxiety the actor?

Yeppers.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #1738
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Yeppers.

Did you disguise yourself as st. cronin last night for the purpose of killing Fouts?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #1739
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm unhappy with the choices I have to vote for a lynch. I think we need a dead villager, and the dead villager that will yield the most information is St. Cronin.

How come I have no support to elect Swaggs? What is it that makes all of you trust NtN so much? Because he came to visit you? Because he visited others? That means nothing to me. Swaggs saved GE's neck. No one else has made such a strong townperson's play.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #1740
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh I do believe that Chubby has made a pretty strong townie play with his outing of Cronin. Hopefully we'll get a more definitive read on him after Cronin plays out.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #1741
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spleen, whether you believe it or not I find it pretty inconvenient that Fouts is dead for the reasons you mention.

Do you disagree with my thought on the value of lynches? Are you endorsing freeing both of them, keeping them in jail for another night, or what?

Also, I find it very interesting when people predict their night-time demise but keep showing up the next day. If you are not a Cowboy, would they really be looking to take out the Mortician role? Unless you get to go CSI:North Dakota later in the game and do something with a ballistics report, I don't think you threaten them all that much. And you definitely don't when you are trying to steer them towards me.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #1742
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well i aint shootin anyone till i get their side of the story. although Cronins first post after he was busted was real weak.

id also like to hear from Anxiety. i aint above shooting some fruity actor armed with only a knife

You know I'm the actor. I've claimed it, it makes sense with what others have told you, and no one else has jumped in for it.

If I were a WW and I could act while also killing, that would be one of the most powerful wolf roles ever. In fact, that's probably too powerful.

As a villager, I have a cute role that might keep me alive for a long time or I might mimic someone who dies. As a wolf who could use my disguise AND attacks? That'd likely be a broken role.

Hoops says the only conversion was on Night One. You know I wasn't converted then because we have an open list as to who is visited me and what I was looking at.

If I was converted, I'd have to have mimiced someone who was targeted for conversion, and I chose my mimics with great care so that they aren;t likely targets for death or conversion.

You also have others vouching for me.

You know this. Because there is a claimed actor, any wolf is going to say that it wasn't them if caught, it was the actor. St. cronin saying it wasn't him it was me is not a statement that helps because he would have said the same statement whether he was a wolf or not a wolf.

Trust me folks, he has to be a wolf.

-Anxiety

-Anxiety

Old 10-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #1743
hoopsguy
General Manager

ELECT SWAGGS

I still trust NTN more than most but I'll back the choice of a new Sheriff. NTN has said that his power doesn't do what I expected (seer - reveal Cowboy) so his trust list is diminished.

I'm probably going to change this vote if there is a shootout with the "right" results to back the winner in the Chubby/Cronin dispute. But if there isn't a shootout I'll let this vote stand.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #1744
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you disguise yourself as st. cronin last night for the purpose of killing Fouts?

I wouldn't choose st cronin as a person to mimic one way or the other. Too visible. And no, I did not.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #1745
hoopsguy
General Manager

And, although this doesn't mean anything in terms of a decision tonight:

JAIL ST CRONIN
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #1746
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a meeting in two seconds, but before that, Occam's Razor here bulletsponge when chosing your target. Which is more likely last night? I happened to mimic st. cronin and happened to choose Fouts as my target when Chubby happened to be watching, or that Chubby caught the actualt person killing off his victim?

Be back later.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #1747
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen, whether you believe it or not I find it pretty inconvenient that Fouts is dead for the reasons you mention.

Do you disagree with my thought on the value of lynches? Are you endorsing freeing both of them, keeping them in jail for another night, or what?

Also, I find it very interesting when people predict their night-time demise but keep showing up the next day. If you are not a Cowboy, would they really be looking to take out the Mortician role? Unless you get to go CSI:North Dakota later in the game and do something with a ballistics report, I don't think you threaten them all that much. And you definitely don't when you are trying to steer them towards me.

I do agree with you thought about lynching to an extent. I think lynching moves the game forward and helps us find the wolves, but at the same time I don't see a reason to lynch either of the 2 possible lynches and no one else really does either, besides you. You have been pushing for lynches pretty heavily.

You're vote for Swaggs and your jailing of st. cronin just tells me you are still playing the villager role in an attempt to keep yourself off of the radar.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #1748
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like Occam's Razor a lot in these games and support the anyalsis Anxiety just put forth.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #1749
SnDvls
Pro Starter

bulletsponge - you need to showdown now with st. c

if he is or isn't a cowboy it ends a lot of this debate now and clears up a lot.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #1750
spleen1015
Coordinator

More of the same...

Barkeep and hoops are supporting the jailing of st. cronin because they know his goose is cooked. Which is what I would do if I was a wolf as well.