Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #1701
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Ok, well, that didn't go as well as I hoped.

I was compelled by the wizard to vote Lathum. I assume the wizard expected me to scan Lathum, thus having to vote for somebody I had just cleared, creating confusion. Anyway, I'm sure I'm toast tonight. I don't know who the wizard is. I don't know who the other henchman is. Sorry guys, I guess I'm probably toast tonight.

Its ok Cronin, I think you helped us alot even without providing a bad guy. You gave us a solid block of people we know are not the henchmen. Good possibility one is the wizard, but its a good start for us.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #1702
Tyrith
College Starter

There's no way I could have set that up. I vote for CW, pretty much sacrificing myself, then the rule changes, and then cronin calls for schmidty to kill CW, then schmitdy kills CW...in the span of five minutes...

Lathum, that was an honest appeal in the case he was actually a good guy that was undecided and unsure. This, in the end, is a team game. Hoops has been right; right now, I'm a vanilla wolf. I suspect much more out of you, except that I don't trust any of cronin's opinions at the moment.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #1703
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way

When I found out what the rule was (last vote counts), I had no flipping idea what to do.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #1704
Tyrith
College Starter

Assumptions. The way he was talking so strongly about other people before; my own gut instinct; cronin's own instinct. I have no factual evidence for anyone still alive.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #1705
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
By the way

When I found out what the rule was (last vote counts), I had no flipping idea what to do.

Well the only thing when you announced it with 5 min left that crossed my mind was what if the bad guys took advantage of it to try to vote you or hoops off. I ended up mostly just hitting refresh the last minute to see if anyone tried anything. When Saldana unvoted, for a second I thought we were being double crossed.

It all ended well not great, but could have been worse I guess.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #1706
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, the only thing I would have done differently is target AlanT or Tyrith because there was a chance for them to be either wizard or henchman. With CW there was only a chance of wizard. I thought you played the mechanic well today, all things considered. If you had guessed right you would have put insane pressure on the enemy at the end.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #1707
Schmidty
Coordinator

I feel like a cheap whore being used by American business men in Thailand with a blindfold on.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #1708
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Well the only thing when you announced it with 5 min left that crossed my mind was what if the bad guys took advantage of it to try to vote you or hoops off. I ended up mostly just hitting refresh the last minute to see if anyone tried anything. When Saldana unvoted, for a second I thought we were being double crossed.

It all ended well not great, but could have been worse I guess.

That would have been too obvious.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #1709
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I feel like a cheap whore being used by American business men in Thailand with a blindfold on.

LOL,did you drink all those beers i sent at one time?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #1710
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Reading comments... *still is giggling* oh I love this game..

Sorry guys, I really am enjoying this. Couldn't ask for a better bunch of players.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #1711
saldana
Pro Starter

my biggest question now is: wtf happens tomorrow...do we go back to normal rules, or is there some other last second thing again
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #1712
Tyrith
College Starter

I was going with my gut, and with cronin, who is the player I've trusted the most for the last two days. Unfortunately, I can't make a right move this game, except for jumping in on anxiety yesterday.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #1713
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

Sorry guys, I really am enjoying this. Couldn't ask for a better bunch of players.

anyone else thing fozzie is just making shit up as he goes along, and there are no actual rules to this game.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #1714
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Even the dead ones?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #1715
st.cronin
General Manager

Saldana - I don't know. I *think* that the rules stay the same until we kill another henchman.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #1716
Tyrith
College Starter

*maim slaughter kill fozzie*
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #1717
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
LOL,did you drink all those beers i sent at one time?

No, I drank them in 2 days. I need to tell you how damn good they were.

Mmmmm.......Mephistpheles....
Old 06-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #1718
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Even the dead ones?

-Anxiety

yup. All you guys are the bestest.

I want to sit down with everyone who's out and showem what's going on just so I can share the fun, but I think it'd be best to reveal everything at the end.. for two reasons.

1) I know that it's more fun for you guys to be guessing
2) Guard against even inadvertant slips
3) Cuz I want to spring it all on everyone at the end.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #1719
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
*maim slaughter kill fozzie*

Gee, I must be doing something right!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #1720
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
yup. All you guys are the bestest.

I want to sit down with everyone who's out and showem what's going on just so I can share the fun, but I think it'd be best to reveal everything at the end.. for two reasons.

I vote for a new GM, because this one can't seem to count! :P
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #1721
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I vote for a new GM, because this one can't seem to count! :P

Right the three reasons I want to reveal everything at the end..

4) Cuz I'm an evil bastard..

Look I'll come in again.. no one expects the spanish inquisition!

(thanks Tyrith )
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #1722
st.cronin
General Manager

Fwiw, I think Tyrith's votes/posts today were the most suspicious.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #1723
hoopsguy
General Manager

On the topic of heads exploding, if Schmidty is legit then my head is going to explode from three late vote switches to me on Day 2, all from fellow wolves
Old 06-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #1724
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Fwiw, I think Tyrith's votes/posts today were the most suspicious.

The only way my posts even make sense is if both me and schmidty are bad. At the time I started the CW side trip the voting rules were still normal. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to run off clucking like an idiot then.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #1725
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The only way my posts even make sense is if both me and schmidty are bad. At the time I started the CW side trip the voting rules were still normal. It doesn't make any sense at all for me to run off clucking like an idiot then.

Well, what I am thinking is that a clever wizard would take a shot at throwing out the last vote. I don't know - if CW had been bad, it would have helped us so much - it would have cleared Schmidty, among other things.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #1726
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, for what it is worth I don't think you are a no-brainer decision tonight for the humans. There are other worthwhile targets out there for them, particularly if they feel like you are going to go in the wrong direction looking for the henchman.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #1727
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Cronin, for what it is worth I don't think you are a no-brainer decision tonight for the humans. There are other worthwhile targets out there for them, particularly if they feel like you are going to go in the wrong direction looking for the henchman.

Somewhat agree. I'd rather they get me than either you or the wolf boss, though.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #1728
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, between last night and today you became convinced of Lathum as a good guy. Was this the result of some other night information - you haven't shared this as of yet and I guess I would prefer to not have it go unrevealed if you do think you are going to be eating a lightning bolt overnight.

Obviously use your best judgement here ... but based on other players' comments I think there are some assumptions already out there whether you choose to comment or not.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #1729
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I have operating under the assumption that the badguys have some sort of counter to my ability - that if they know who I'm going to be sniffing, they can do something about it. So yesterday I named Lathum as my #1 suspect, even though he really wasn't anywhere on my radar. Then last night the wizard compelled me to vote for Lathum. Had I actually sniffed Lathum, and sensed normal wolfishness, this would have been an effective strategy. So I'm assuming that Lathum is on our side. I don't have any hard evidence, but it would be very odd if the wizard compelled me to vote for one of his men.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #1730
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok that was just terrible. I am not going to lie. I mean we voted for a guy who is semi-cleared versus either of TWO guys who are NOT cleared. I mean I understand the last minute save Schmidty so why the hell didn't it condemn Tyrith? Was I happy with CW? No. But He was clearly not a henceman, something we knew thanks to cronin. So why bother doing that here?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #1731
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I also think based on the rules that Alan should be highly regarded as suspicious. His role doesn't wash with what we know of the initial and changing rules.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #1732
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok that was just terrible. I am not going to lie. I mean we voted for a guy who is semi-cleared versus either of TWO guys who are NOT cleared. I mean I understand the last minute save Schmidty so why the hell didn't it condemn Tyrith? Was I happy with CW? No. But He was clearly not a henceman, something we knew thanks to cronin. So why bother doing that here?

My bad. I just got this feeling that he was likely the wizard; just a combination of stuff.

Sorry.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #1733
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, back in the Star Wars game I faked compelling a vote on me as a bad guy. I would not discount the possibility of them compelling a vote early in the day, particularly if they had discussed the metric extensively with Fozzie before enacting it.

If they knew that you were going to be able to make other comments that did not gel with your vote, then forcing you early on one of them doesn't sound like the dumbest idea ever.

Is this the most likely scenario? Nope, but this isn't enough of a reason for me to elevate him too far up the trust list from where I was already at based on post content, vibe, etc.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #1734
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I also think based on the rules that Alan should be highly regarded as suspicious. His role doesn't wash with what we know of the initial and changing rules.

I agree.

I don't know if the voting rules will be different tomorrow, or normal, but I think known humans should make an effort to get the FIRST vote on Alan, and the LAST vote on Alan. Any non-cleared player making a first or last vote should be regarded skeptically.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #1735
Tyrith
College Starter

What if the vote compulsion was a night action?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #1736
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Cronin, back in the Star Wars game I faked compelling a vote on me as a bad guy. I would not discount the possibility of them compelling a vote early in the day, particularly if they had discussed the metric extensively with Fozzie before enacting it.

If they knew that you were going to be able to make other comments that did not gel with your vote, then forcing you early on one of them doesn't sound like the dumbest idea ever.

Is this the most likely scenario? Nope, but this isn't enough of a reason for me to elevate him too far up the trust list from where I was already at based on post content, vibe, etc.

I see your point. My comment about Lathum the day before is, to me, what makes that unlikely, though - I as much as announced that I would be sniffing him.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #1737
Tyrith
College Starter

Right now, I'm inclined to agree with the more experienced players here. I'm not going to try to screw with anything. Unless anything comes up, in the middle of the day I'm going to dump my vote on alan and leave it there.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #1738
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
My bad. I just got this feeling that he was likely the wizard; just a combination of stuff.

Sorry.
But we're not in the end game yet. I'm all for getting the wizard but I would love to get his hencemen first as we have a much better chance to get them.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #1739
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Right now, I'm inclined to agree with the more experienced players here. I'm not going to try to screw with anything. Unless anything comes up, in the middle of the day I'm going to dump my vote on alan and leave it there.
I don't think the "experienced" players have said any such thing. I believe a couple of players have simply questioned Alan's role reveal. But then again people have questioned Schmidty's reveal as well.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #1740
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I guess I understand the desire of some to go for the homerun. It just seems as though we just got doubled up, finding out nothing useful and losing a werewolf, when at least with Schmidty or Tyrith we find something out we really didn't know. If CW had been the wizard, which I admit is frankly what I thought, you all would be heroes.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #1741
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
But we're not in the end game yet. I'm all for getting the wizard but I would love to get his hencemen first as we have a much better chance to get them.

Well I didn't know which of the non-cleared players to go after. And at this point, it's almost as good odds that one of the players I've sniffed is the wizard, than that one of the non-cleared players is wizard or henchman.

knives out
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #1742
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I didn't know which of the non-cleared players to go after. And at this point, it's almost as good odds that one of the players I've sniffed is the wizard, than that one of the non-cleared players is wizard or henchman.
I agree that's true, but the odds are far better at finding a henceman then the the wizard. Oh well. Ok drugs have kciked in so I'm out for the night.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #1743
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Like I said today, feel free to test me on my role reveal. Im ok with that.

Now that said, I feel that I am a better target then people who are cleared as not Henchmen (but possibly the wizard). Scientifically I could be either role, so better chance at getting a good plus there.

However I am fully willing to use my role as the situation comes up to prove it. There are also plenty of people who have actually done detremental things for our side without anyone confirming them. Please don't overlook them just for me.

Im going to be honest, I dont think we should trust anyone on just reveal alone. Whether its me, Schmidty, Tyrith, or whoever unless we can get backup confirmation. Feel free to look back over what I have tried to do this game and then come up with your conclusions of if you honestly think I have been doing everything I can to mislead you or to actually help our side here.

I am being 100% honest about my role, I am a wolf, I am on your team, and killing me won't get us closer to getting a henchman. That said, I never have lived past day 3 in WW games, so this has been alot of fun for me. I'm one of you guys, but I wont vote for myself tommorrow, I will continue to try to pick the person I think is the best chance for us to win. I still think thats Tyrith, and will likely vote for him again tommorrow.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #1744
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I've been meaning to congratulate you on clearing that hurdle.

For better or for worse ...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #1745
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hehe, there have been 2 firsts this game hoops. That one, and something else we talked about long ago that has never happened for you and I.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #1746
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Hehe, there have been 2 firsts this game hoops. That one, and something else we talked about long ago that has never happened for you and I.
are you guys gonna hug now or something?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #1747
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I feel a tear coming
Old 06-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #1748
saldana
Pro Starter

i feel vomit coming
Old 06-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #1749
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

anyway folks, Foz Go Sleepy time. will check for any last minute PM's but anything else can wait till morning
Old 06-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #1750
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus, you killed me?

NICE WORK.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote