Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #1701
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Did anyone else think the eyes that were reflected in the sword didn't look like they belonged to Hiro's daddy?

Looking at it when paused I don't really see anything abnormal. I think they just recognized it would make for a cool shot.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #1702
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I basically figured that Hiro had stopped or slowed time for the practice time.

Yea, this is what I was figuring as well. I mean you can't just teach the goofy Hiro to become a master samurai in about 5 minutes which is what the timeline seemed to suggest with Ando just leaving the sword store.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #1703
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just got this from an odd source, the Impulse Creations newsletter. Impulse Creations is an online comic books shop... Anyway, here goes:
Quote:
"Heroes" Arrives on DVD August 28th

It'll be a long summer for many waiting for the return of Heroes in the Fall and the release of Season 1 on DVD on August 28th. To let you know what you have to look forward to though, Universal Studios Home Entertainment released the following details on the DVD collection:

"'Heroes' is one of those rare television series with such broad popular and critical appeal that it has become an instant cultural phenomenon," said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Universal Studios Digital Platforms. "With the extraordinary array of compelling bonus content offered on both the DVD and HD DVD respectively, this title, which has already generated tremendous anticipation among consumers, is well poised to be one of the greatest, must-have DVDs of the year."

The seven-disc DVD set is packed with revealing bonus features, including five featurettes, over 50 deleted scenes plus the 73-minute Tim Kring cut of the original series premiere that has never aired on television and much more. The seven-disc DVD version is priced at $59.98 S.R.P.

SUPERHUMAN EXTRAS

"Heroes: Season 1" reveals some of the show's hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:

* Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary -- A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.
* The Making of "Heroes" -- From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television
* Special Effects -- The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.
* The Stunts -- A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.
* Mind Reader -- Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.
* Profile of Artist Tim Sale -- A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.
* The Score -- Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.
* 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes

FM
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #1704
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Interesting what Molly just said. Setting up next year?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #1705
spleen1015
Coordinator

Peter and Nathan presumed dead. Sylar still alive.

Bah!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #1706
Izulde
Head Coach

I was not expecting it to end like it did.

And yes, I think what Molly said about the one person is a setup for next season.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #1707
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Peter and Nathan presumed dead. Sylar still alive.

Bah!

I didn't see anything that made me think Sylar was still alive. Also, I don't see any reason to think that Peter couldn't have regenerated from that (except that he is too powerful and it would make sense for the writers to want to be rid of him.)

I was surprised by the ending as well and enjoyed the episode.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-21-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #1708
evil homer
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I was not expecting it to end like it did.

And yes, I think what Molly said about the one person is a setup for next season.

my guess is that molly was referring to mama petrelli.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #1709
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I didn't see anything that made me think Sylar was still alive. Also, I don't see any reason to think that Peter couldn't have regenerated from that (except that he is too powerful and it would make sense for the writers to want to be rid of him.)

I was surprised by the ending as well and enjoyed the episode.

I also saw nothing that indicated Sylar's alive (or Parkman for that matter).

As to Peter, I would think that at the level in the atmosphere they'd be at when the explosion went off, regeneration would be pretty close to impossible. This is of course operating under the assumption that they went to where there could be nothing else in the sky (such as a plane or satellite) to be impacted by it.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #1710
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil homer View Post
my guess is that molly was referring to mama petrelli.

But Molly said he. Though that would be a cute joke, especially since Ma Petrelli outmans a lot of men on the show

Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #1711
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As to Peter, I would think that at the level in the atmosphere they'd be at when the explosion went off, regeneration would be pretty close to impossible. This is of course operating under the assumption that they went to where there could be nothing else in the sky (such as a plane or satellite) to be impacted by it.

Yes, that is a good point.

Also, I heard Molly say he as well. I think it is going to be a completely new character that we've never met.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #1712
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

And if Peter is still alive, what's to stop him from going nuclear again?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #1713
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
I also saw nothing that indicated Sylar's alive (or Parkman for that matter).

At the end, they showed a blood trail from where Sylar's body was to a manhole. The cover was open, hinting that Sylar escaped.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #1714
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post
At the end, they showed a blood trail from where Sylar's body was to a manhole. The cover was open, hinting that Sylar escaped.

Ahh! Good eye. I didn't catch that, but then the TV I was watching the show on was pretty small.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #1715
Joe
Pro Starter

Peter being dead might be the one thing to get me to watch next year.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #1716
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but why did Peter need Nathan to achieve what they did?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #1717
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but why did Peter need Nathan to achieve what they did?

Because when he was going nuclear, he didn't have control of any of his powers including flight.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #1718
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Gotcha, my mind must have glossed over that bit of dialogue.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #1719
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post

There also was a cockroach that crawled out of the manhole cover. My guess to signify that he was resiliant like a cockroach and wasn't dead.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #1720
spleen1015
Coordinator

You also saw his hand on the manhole cover.

He is still alive.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #1721
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I enjoyed the episode, was hoping for more of a "fight" but it was still really good. One question I have though, if Peter being shot would have stopped him, why the need for Nathan to sacrifice himself? If he didn't want Claire to do the shooting, he could have done that himself. At an attempt to answer my own question- there was no way if knowing shooting him would have stopped the explosion, i guess?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #1722
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Abso-fucking-lootly incredible!

Great final episode. Showed just how powerful Sylar was (Peter seemed to be no match for him without the other heroes around). And Sylar seems to have survived by crawling into the manhole cover.

Seems Nathan is dead and gone. Peter will survive the blast and fall (unless Nathan went so high up that neither could really breathe... but I think they'll bring Peter back). It's Noah Bennet. Parkman is gone (no Linderman to save him... if he even wanted to). DL... I'm not sure. I think that was left up in the air.

Hiro looks like he's going to have an interesting time finding out about his ancestor. I think Volume 2 was called "Generations" for a reason and we'll find out about the history of the heroes. And perhaps the ancestor of others as well.

AND Molly hints at someone WORSE than Sylar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984
One question I have though, if Peter being shot would have stopped him, why the need for Nathan to sacrifice himself?

Question is whether a shot COULD have stopped him, or make him go even more hyper before he actually died.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-21-2007 at 10:44 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #1723
Swaggs
Coordinator

With the way things ended, the blood trail to the manhole almost certainly indicates that Sylar survived.

I would also be quite surprised if Peter does not return, otherwise anyone could have shot him with the same results, unless Nathan went with him to help soothe him during his last moments. Still, I think the indication is that Nathan sacrificed himself to save his brother.

Two other, random thoughts:

Linderman's death scene was pretty damn awesome.

Is there any question that the blue samurai was Hiro's father or was I imagining the eyes behind the mask?

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-21-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #1724
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You also saw his hand on the manhole cover.

He is still alive.

I still have it on DVR, guess I'll watch more closely for that when I watch it again later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #1725
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Is there any question that the blue samurai was Hiro's father or was I imagining the eyes behind the mask?

I thought it was definitely his father.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #1726
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

One thing I'm curious about for next season is- Sylar is now very powerful, and to me it seems he keeps wanting to be a "hero", with the addition of another super villain more powerful than him, will Sylar somehow become a good guy. Maybe his desire for power will make him want to help the others catch the super villain with the hopes of taking his powers. Just a couple thoughts I had about next season. If Sylar remains a bad guy, and the new bad guy is that much worse then they would almost have to bring Peter back to even have a shot against those guys.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #1727
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I still have it on DVR, guess I'll watch more closely for that when I watch it again later tonight or tomorrow.

I know what he is talking about. There was a camera shot from further away from the manhole cover, right before they showed it with the cockroach on top. I thought it might be a hand/finger, but I think it was probably the cockroach moving around.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #1728
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
One thing I'm curious about for next season is- Sylar is now very powerful, and to me it seems he keeps wanting to be a "hero", with the addition of another super villain more powerful than him, will Sylar somehow become a good guy. Maybe his desire for power will make him want to help the others catch the super villain with the hopes of taking his powers. Just a couple thoughts I had about next season. If Sylar remains a bad guy, and the new bad guy is that much worse then they would almost have to bring Peter back to even have a shot against those guys.

I think they'll have the bigger baddie in the background with Sylar as the supervillain in the foreground. The bigger baddie is biding his time, waiting to strike... while the heroes are trying to deal with Sylar. And yes, they need Peter to deal with both. Absolutely.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #1729
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also saw nothing that indicated Sylar's alive
Trail of blood on the plaza leading to a manhole.
Quote:
(or Parkman for that matter).
He wasn't dead yet.

Quote:
I'd think it would depend on how the explosion went. If it scattered Peter, then he's done. If not, he might still be intact enough after a fall to regenerate.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #1730
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
But Molly said he. Though that would be a cute joke, especially since Ma Petrelli outmans a lot of men on the show
If he weren't dead, I'd say it was Charles Augustus, and even with him dead I'm still not sure 'cuz him being dead didn't stop Peter from having a conversation with him.

Otherwise, there are multiple candidates.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #1731
Celeval
Pro Starter

I thought perhaps Charles as well.

That said... hell of an episode. Not disappointed in the slightest.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #1732
BishopMVP
Coordinator

It was a great episode up until the climatic scene, but I'm so disappointed in these heroes and the writing staff either making them idiots or pussies. There was the whole ending scene where Claire and Nathan didn't want to shoot Peter because they didn't want to kill him, but Claire has already seen him die once and be revived when she pulled the glass out of his head. So what's to stop her from stabbing him there again and pulling it out in the future once they aren't in the middle of NYC? But I'm much more disappointed in Peter... you've got all these powers, and you're fighting a guy with all these powers, and when he's down you start punching him in the face? That was seriously the best thing you (and the writers) could think of? Either they don't have the budget to film great action sequences or they were too concerned with bringing all the other characters into the middle of it that they missed the chance to have a bad-ass fight scene.

Also, was the Haitian mentioned during this episode?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 05-22-2007 at 12:43 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #1733
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Also, was the Haitian mentioned during this episode?

I think the only time the Haitian was in this episode was during the flashback when they showed Peter escaping from him.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 AM   #1734
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm glad somebody was let down (Bishop). I was expecting this awesome final scene with all the heroes gathered around to save the NYC from the bomb and I just feel like I got a 3 star ending rather than a 5 star ending.

The preview for chapter 2 and Sylar getting away kind of lowered my disappointment in the finale however.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #1735
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Another great episode I thought.

Why do you think Sylar is alive? Because the blood was going down the drain, and who saw a hand?!??! Was I watching the same show.

I agree with the thoughts on just shooting peter instead of flying off with him. The least Nathan could've done, and I wonder if he did, is fly fast enough and toss his brother away, let him blow up, and then maybe caught his charred remains?

I think the flashing of Sylar's eyes (anyone know what was shown?) and the fade to white was him dying? Was that his life flashing before his eyes? Unless they write it later that he killed some other person we didn't see that had some sort of ability we don't know?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 05-22-2007 at 06:22 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 AM   #1736
saldana
Pro Starter

problem i have with sylar being alive and peter being dead is, look at the cost of defeating him once...he will only get stronger since they think he is dead and he will be able to go and steal even more powers without people being on to him, then who will be able to stop him without peter being there.

and i definitely thought the blue samurai was hiro's dad.

Last edited by saldana : 05-22-2007 at 06:27 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #1737
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Exactly how would he survive that fatal sword wound? He is bleeding to death. The only way he comes back is in time travel, or that shapeshifter. I think his character is dead.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #1738
TroyF
Coordinator

Some thoughts:

1) When the cute morph changing chick gets knocked out, shouldn't she lose her ability to morph herself and change back to her "normal" self? Why did she change back to the hottie when all the setup last episode is that she didn't really look like that.

2) I wish Sylar would have been killed. They had already set up the bad guy for next year. I agree there is a very good chance Sylar "flips" next year and is a help against the bad guy.

3) I don't think either Peter or Nathan die. Nathan flies high into the atmosphere, drops Peter off and flies away. In the "future" episode, Pter survived going off at ground level, I see no reason he'd die at a higher level.

4) Dissapointed the Hatian didn't get mentioned.

5) I have a feeling we haven't met the bad guy yet. I don't think it's Charles.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #1739
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

If Sylar comes back, I don't think he will have his powers or at least it seems like maybe the flashing in his eyes was to indicate that he loses his memory on how to use them?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #1740
Celeval
Pro Starter

Given that NBC ran the bits about the comic continuing through the summer, I'm hoping we don't have to wait until Fall to get some of these answers.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #1741
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Given that NBC ran the bits about the comic continuing through the summer, I'm hoping we don't have to wait until Fall to get some of these answers.

Do we even get the answers in the fall? I thought they were running that special Heroes: Origins thing this fall and the second season actually was next spring? Or did I understand that incorrectly?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #1742
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Do we even get the answers in the fall? I thought they were running that special Heroes: Origins thing this fall and the second season actually was next spring? Or did I understand that incorrectly?

Origins is kind of separate from what is going on now and will introduce new characters and how they got their powers throughout the summer, IIRC. At the end of Origins, the fans get to choose one character to join the main cast.

Volume 2: Generations starts in September of this year, which will be start back in the past, as you saw from the Season Finale last night. Kring noted in public interviews that Volume 2 may not be necessarily as long as Volume 1, so I am guessing Volume 2 will probably carry through November sweeps (I think that is the first sweeps?) and then pick up where we left off last night sometime in January. These of course are my guesses.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #1743
spleen1015
Coordinator

I stand corrected. What I thought was Sylar's hand on the manhole cover was indeed the roach.

Nonetheless, he is still alive.

I know they have taken a lot of liberty with the way things have gone down with this show, but I don't like how this whole Sylar deal turns out.

The guy is a serial killer. He's has been hunted by the FBI. They would be on the scene taking away his body. They were taking Parkman to the hospital. Why not check out Sylar as well? There is no way he would be able to get away the way he did in real life.

Regardless, I look forward to next season.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 AM   #1744
spleen1015
Coordinator

Origins will be 8 episodes that are shown the weeks the main show is taking a break.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 AM   #1745
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I was hoping Sylar would die - not really a big fan of him as a character, nor do I like the guy who is playing him. oh well. still enjoyable, and I loved the Evil Dead epilogue.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #1746
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
The guy is a serial killer. He's has been hunted by the FBI. They would be on the scene taking away his body. They were taking Parkman to the hospital. Why not check out Sylar as well? There is no way he would be able to get away the way he did in real life.

Or what about the situation with Ted Sprague? Wasn't he a terrorist that they had a national manhunt for, but yet they transported him in one van with no police escorts and one guard through an abandoned area in the middle of the night, basically asking to be ambushed, slaughtered or even asking for a successful rescue attempt.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #1747
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
Or what about the situation with Ted Sprague? Wasn't he a terrorist that they had a national manhunt for, but yet they transported him in one van with no police escorts and one guard through an abandoned area in the middle of the night, basically asking to be ambushed, slaughtered or even asking for a successful rescue attempt.

It is the same situation.

I guess they need to make it work.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #1748
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post

we're talking about a show where people travel from Texas or Las Vegas to NY and back in a matter of minutes
Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #1749
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
we're talking about a show where people travel from Texas or Las Vegas to NY and back in a matter of minutes

24?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #1750
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Speaking of Ted Sprague, he seemed to be fine whenever he "exploded", maybe not at the magnitude that Peter did, but I would think with regeneration, Peter could somehow survive.

Kind of like when Bugs Bunny or any other Cartoon character blew up, they just had some charring on them and ripped clothes, other than that, they were fine.