Pro Starter

for 2 dead men, yall sure post a lot
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #1702
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Barkeep or Dubb. They are the two players i usually fail to get a read on. As Alan T so beautifully revealed on of my major weaknesses in the ninja game, merely supporting me or agreeing with me earns my trust. Talking and playing with me is all it takes really, so since barkeep and dubb usually will go through ideas with me i tend to trust them. Therefore, for me they make the best scans as they are the toughest people for me to read, and for me that means the biggest threats to me(normally it would be hoops, but he is not playing due to his mod duties)

This is the post I was referring to. To me this looks like he just comes out and tells us who he scanned, and thus I would move Dubb and Barkeep up really high on my trust list now.

I don't buy Lathum's story at all any more.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #1703
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
This is the post I was referring to. To me this looks like he just comes out and tells us who he scanned, and thus I would move Dubb and Barkeep up really high on my trust list now.

I don't buy Lathum's story at all any more.
I can't decide if that's the truth or a fakeout.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #1704
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
'Favored by the Gods': will avert death (at least) one time during the game. No dice roll is invoked, no opportunity to identify his attacker. He will not even know he was attacked. The necromancers will know that he is 'Favored'. This power is useless against the Mummy or a Disease spell.

Or it could simply be a reference that he, in fact, did not have the above role.
So if we work off that theory CW, then we would have to assume it's not a disease or the Mummy (duh!) which would lead credence to the prophecy idea.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #1705
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok let's say we decide that Blade has indeed scanned dubb and me and we're clean. Good for us. That would put both of us on a circle of trust. There is already one person I am ready to vouch for and another player has hinted that I could be able to vouch for them. If that second player, not the one who I can vouch, would do something so I know it's not just me being taken for a ride, like Sack did, I would appreciate it. I would like to do this all before the end of night so taht if I am whacked during the night that there is a solid group of people for the good guys to use as part of a COT going forward.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #1706
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So if we work off that theory CW, then we would have to assume it's not a disease or the Mummy (duh!) which would lead credence to the prophecy idea.

There's no reason it couldn't be a disease. The mummy is obviously out. Mummy or Prophecy.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #1707
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
for 2 dead men, yall sure post a lot
Im not saying anything that could effect the outcome of the game, and neither is cronin. Not sure how were any different then stevew or ardent who have posted. Were all just observers now, no harm no foul. We are merely here to make fun of people when they build a case against a guy when he is already dead
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #1708
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't decide if that's the truth or a fakeout.

I would think it was a fake out, but Blade went way over the top far more than i would think.. it really felt to me like it was getting personal.. Like Why would I ever do this if I was a seer type of thing.

I still feel that Blade was reading into the same things about Bullet that I and others had and was trying to provoke him to get some form of response to make up his mind about him. I'm perfectly fine looking at bullet for today since he was my leading choice coming into all of this mess.

I however do choose to at least at this time feel Blade's comments damns Lathum and for the most part clears both Barkeep and Dubbs. Blade couldn't just come out and vote Lathum there, as it would be too obvious, so he had to try to work up some trust with others to back him on it. That way he would not have outed himself as the seer.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #1709
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
There's no reason it couldn't be a disease. The mummy is obviously out. Mummy or Prophecy.

If it IS the prophecy, we have to wonder....is that particular role a friend to us at all? It did take out our seer, after all.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #1710
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would think it was a fake out, but Blade went way over the top far more than i would think.. it really felt to me like it was getting personal.. Like Why would I ever do this if I was a seer type of thing.

I still feel that Blade was reading into the same things about Bullet that I and others had and was trying to provoke him to get some form of response to make up his mind about him. I'm perfectly fine looking at bullet for today since he was my leading choice coming into all of this mess.

I however do choose to at least at this time feel Blade's comments damns Lathum and for the most part clears both Barkeep and Dubbs. Blade couldn't just come out and vote Lathum there, as it would be too obvious, so he had to try to work up some trust with others to back him on it. That way he would not have outed himself as the seer.

That should read I think its not a fake out
Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #1711
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think he would use that phrasing if it were the disease because even someone favored by the gods would be susceptible to that.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #1712
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think he would use that phrasing if it were the disease because even someone favored by the gods would be susceptible to that.

Very good point, however, I do think you're/we're overanalyzing on this one. Sometimes flavor verbage is just for flavor.

Case in point. I remember laughing my ass off in the game I ran when a few people spent half the day trying to analyze random meaningless shit I posted at the end of the day writeups.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #1713
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, the slow board has been a killer. I'll read a full page, then have to wait five minutes to get to the next one. What a day...that whole Blade thing still has my head spinning -- I had him pegged much closer to "bad" than "good" on my list. I'm not sure how to take it...I'd assume that it almost has to be the Prophecy, as Scarabs and Locusts don't sound much like any Disease I've ever heard of (though in Egypt...who knows). This is going to be (well, it's SUPPOSED to be) my only post of the day, as I work tonight, and have some stuff to do before I leave, so I'll throw it all in here to begin with...

So I started off with a big argument against Blade's continued lobbying for Path not being good, based on the fact that if he's bad and he's moving the Bodyguard AWAY from the target, how come he WAS the target? Then I realized that that would be an absolutely perfect cover story. Bear with me here:
  • Path moves bodyguard to Dubb, ensuring he is not protected.
  • Path claims to have a scarab from day one that he used already. Our options are blessed protection scarab (preventing attack) or cursed scarab (flip-flopping seer scan results).
  • Path gets "attacked," fights off the attacker -- according to the rules, that means that it couldn't have been a protection scarab, and would have to flip-flop any scan results.

Now, this could be considered a bit far-fetched, but let's assume for the moment that Path is bad. I don't know if they can 'fake' an attack, but if they could wow would this go a long way towards clearing him. On second though, there might not have been an attack last night -- there was no mention of an attack or anything, just that we were called to the Pharaoh's rooms. Plus it gives an out; if he's scanned later, he'll show up as bad because the scarab he "used" is obviously a cursed scarab, flip-flopping his role. So for this to work, we need to assume a few things...
  • Path is bad.
  • Path knows someone else, who he can coordinate a fake attack with. OR, he just called an assembly of people.
  • Path completely and totally faked the use of a Scarab.

Now, this is a lot of grasping at straws, and I'm pretty sure I don't really believe this myself...but this is the sort of crazy play that I would love to make as a bad guy

Today, I think it's obvious that we have to vote for Bulletsponge, but tomorrow...

(The way today is going, I'll have another two pages to read that were posted while I was typing up this monolithic post)

Vote Bulletsponge
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #1714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Trying to figure out my extended circles of trust now...

Trust: Dubbs, Barkeep , Sndvls, path.

If we assume Dubb is good, then by extention, Sndvls is too.

Distrust: Lathum, Bulletsponge, Saldana, pass

Turn of events that have shed some light on Lathum's story also helps me find some holes I don't like in Pass's story either. Never like when someone has a legitimate role reveal and then makes up things on top of it. usually I find that reveal fishy.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #1715
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok let's say we decide that Blade has indeed scanned dubb and me and we're clean. Good for us. That would put both of us on a circle of trust. There is already one person I am ready to vouch for and another player has hinted that I could be able to vouch for them. If that second player, not the one who I can vouch, would do something so I know it's not just me being taken for a ride, like Sack did, I would appreciate it. I would like to do this all before the end of night so taht if I am whacked during the night that there is a solid group of people for the good guys to use as part of a COT going forward.

I can buy in, but if I'm not in the circle of trust I got big problems then.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #1716
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Very good point, however, I do think you're/we're overanalyzing on this one. Sometimes flavor verbage is just for flavor.

Case in point. I remember laughing my ass off in the game I ran when a few people spent half the day trying to analyze random meaningless shit I posted at the end of the day writeups.

like my yak info I passed along to you from wikipedia
Old 06-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #1717
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Regarding sndvls and dubb:

Dubb can be good or bad (though I think he's good) with the soothsayer role. He simply needs to be telling the truth. And on that I find no reason for him to be lying. So ever since then SnDvls has been the only known good guy, besides myself, as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #1718
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Regarding sndvls and dubb:

Dubb can be good or bad (though I think he's good) with the soothsayer role. He simply needs to be telling the truth. And on that I find no reason for him to be lying. So ever since then SnDvls has been the only known good guy, besides myself, as far as I am concerned.

I still say Blade pretty much told us that you and Dubbs are good/cleared.

If not, then you fall back into the untrusted column since Blade in my mind is the only one who has vouched for you.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #1719
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I still say Blade pretty much told us that you and Dubbs are good/cleared.

If not, then you fall back into the untrusted column since Blade in my mind is the only one who has vouched for you.
I said, besides myself, because I know I'm good. I wouldn't expect others to. My own COT, actually has 3 people on it, including me, and I'm hoping I can get it up to 4 before I go to sleep tonight in case I die.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #1720
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

holy crap, finally got caught up (as I said earlier, I've been at work and had to pick up the girlfriend)

It's going to take me a while to process the information in here, damn...

I do know the obvious tho

vote bulletsponge

I don't see anyone else I can even possibly consider at this point. I'll be back on later and again most likely at the lynching time.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #1721
Tyrith
College Starter

Bullet vote count is now up to 14. Outstanding votes: bullet, king, path, saldana.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #1722
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Since bullet is basically a dead man tonight, and voting patterns from today are going to be completely and utterly useless.

Who else are we looking at for tomorrow?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #1723
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since bullet is basically a dead man tonight, and voting patterns from today are going to be completely and utterly useless.

Lathum
Old 06-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #1724
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Chubby and Lathum in my book.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #1725
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Chubby and Lathum in my book.
"
Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #1726
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's see what happens tonight with the lynch and during Night Actions before jumping the gun on tomorrow.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #1727
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Having work issues. I'll be out for a while. should be back before lynch tonight unless its bad
Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #1728
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola..

Hi Ryan S
Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #1729
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i have a power storm right now and it might last all night, so there is a chance i wont be on for the final lynching tonight. i btter get my vote out then

Vote Bulletsponge
Old 06-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #1730
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, well I'm out for work. Catch you guys after the lynch.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #1731
Passacaglia
Coordinator

bulletsponge, why are you even palying? You haven't even once tried to defend yourself!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #1732
SnDvls
Pro Starter

gone for the day...I won't be back for lynch so see you tomorrow
Old 06-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #1733
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
bulletsponge, why are you even palying? You haven't even once tried to defend yourself!

Well, Paly's are usually the tank, resorting to absorbing damage and reducing threat to other party mem...oh, sorry, wrong game.

Realistically though, I don't see much of a play when you're down 11-0. I mean, I'm sure I'd try something, but it wouldn't be with much hope
Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #1734
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What game, exactly, were you referring to there?

-Anx

Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #1735
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Well, Paly's are usually the tank, resorting to absorbing damage and reducing threat to other party mem...oh, sorry, wrong game.

Realistically though, I don't see much of a play when you're down 11-0. I mean, I'm sure I'd try something, but it wouldn't be with much hope

Fake role reveal?

-Anx

Old 06-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #1736
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

He's been down several times the last few days, and made a conscious decision not to bother defending himself -- I think he called it a "weasly necro move" or somesuch. Yeah, he's down 11-0 now, but he wasn't always. He could have at least said SOMETHING.

I dunno, maybe it's just that the way he spells "noose" bugs me.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1737
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Fake role reveal?

-Anx

Obviously now is the time for him to claim mystic.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1738
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Obviously now is the time for him to claim mystic.

Well, there may be more than one!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #1739
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

FYI, JimmyWint became a legend today. If you haven't checked out the Fudge a bank statement thread now may be the time.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #1740
saldana
Pro Starter

vote bulletsponge

anything else is academic....BS, just to give you a little help, if you have a role, now would be the time to tell us about it....there is still plenty of time for us to move if you give us a reason.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #1741
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, saldana, he could say he's he freakin' EG and I don't think it'd matter much.

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #1742
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Honestly, saldana, he could say he's he freakin' EG and I don't think it'd matter much.

-Anxiety

Actually thats perhaps the one role he could claim to keep himself from being lynched. All he would have to do is tell us who Path told him to guard on night 1 and if he hits it right, then he's legit!

ps.. even if you arent EG, please claim it just so we have something to laugh and watch tonight before lynch so its not boring!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #1743
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Bulletsponge is here, please claim mystic, please.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #1744
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Claim Initiate please!

-Anxiety

Old 06-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #1745
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually thats perhaps the one role he could claim to keep himself from being lynched. All he would have to do is tell us who Path told him to guard on night 1 and if he hits it right, then he's legit!

ps.. even if you arent EG, please claim it just so we have something to laugh and watch tonight before lynch so its not boring!

Yea, but what about blind chance? I could claim EG and say Path told me to protect himself. Is that the right answer? IDK, but it could very well be and we all know I'm not the EG.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #1746
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

once Blades died and about 7 people jumped on the "lynch him" vote it was pretty much over for me. im sorry im not squirming enough for you. besides if the situation was reversed and i thought you were a necro i wouldnt believe you if you came out at the last minuet and claimed to be an important egyptian
Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #1747
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yea, but what about blind chance? I could claim EG and say Path told me to protect himself. Is that the right answer? IDK, but it could very well be and we all know I'm not the EG.

I doubt path told him to protect path that night due to the reason we wanted him to command a guarding. And if he blindly got the 1/21 chance right of who to guard, well that deserves another day!

ps. I'll really laugh if he really is the EG
Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #1748
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
once Blades died and about 7 people jumped on the "lynch him" vote it was pretty much over for me. im sorry im not squirming enough for you. besides if the situation was reversed and i thought you were a necro i wouldnt believe you if you came out at the last minuet and claimed to be an important egyptian

So you have no role? You haven't claimed anything. You have no defense? That means you really are a nec.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #1749
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I dunno, maybe it's just that the way he spells "noose" bugs me.

thanks for pointing that out Pass, i looked it up on dictionary.com and found out i was spelling it wrong
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #1750
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well if you are legit, and on our side.. tell us what your role is, what you do know instead of taking it to your grave so we don't have to guess.

If you are bad, then we will find out after the lynch and anything you said will be taken with a grain of salt anyways.

Its never too late to avoid a lynch, and many of us believe like I do that Blade wasn't 100% on you, he simply said you because of how you were acting.