Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #1701
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: not the covering of the punts that bothered me, it was the so-called returning of the punts.

My apologies, I meant the returners covering themselves as the punt plummeted towards them.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #1702
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I had to watch some of it with my Packer-loving wife. One of the few times I have rooted for the Iggles and they lay that kind of turd. I hope not to be in position to root for them again anytime soon.

So you jinxed them?

maybe I should change that vote...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #1703
hoopsguy
General Manager

8 player game at this point, probably a pair of wolves out there. Which would imply we have two misses left in us, maybe more if a block of some sort comes into play.

I managed to talk myself out of it yesterday, but I think that Passacaglia is the right vote.

Trust - Eagles, Raiders
Middle - Olie, Cronin, DNA, Arlington
Distrust - Pass

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #1704
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So you jinxed them?

maybe I should change that vote...

The best man in my wedding roots for Eagles and Penn State. I told him last weekend was the first time in my life I have rooted for both of his teams on the same weekend.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #1705
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, my Pass vote is pretty unlikely to be a placeholder. I would need someone to be damn persuasive to get me to move it.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #1706
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, at least Render bought it. J/K Render.

Good luck, guys. I kinow you can find the last ones and finish this off.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #1707
st.cronin
General Manager

So two early votes for passacaglia, and 1 for Arlington colt. I have no problem with either one of those getting lynched, along with Mr. DNA.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #1708
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I swear i posted a vote and PM'd the GM... did you get my PM Lathum?

My vote was for St. Cronin btw so it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome unfortunately.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #1709
st.cronin
General Manager

Arlington, do you still have your table, or have you used it/passed it on?

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #1710
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
What red flags, other than your defensive mechanism coming out to play?

This is your first game, right? You have yet to see defensive! All I did was ask for an explanation -- I think I'm entitled to that. Especially considering the post where you had voted for me had nothing other than the vote -- just another thing that sets off red flags with me.

Anyway, I still maintain that hoopsguy was setting up PB for a vote switch to CR two days ago. I encourage people to look back at that exchange.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:50 AM   #1711
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I figured RendeR was just being RendeR. I think we need to seriously look to see who started backing the RendeR vote idea now.

And you come up with a vote for me? I know you said it was a placeholder vote, but I have a right to be defensive about it. Besides your votes, you've also made quite a few comments flippantly assuming that I'm a wolf. If you're just giving me crap, that's fine, but if you're really going to take it as assumed that I'm a wolf, I guess I'd like to see...something.

Anyway, based on what I remember, CR was the big backer on RendeR. I think it was just a bad beat -- we had some reasons (weirdness Day 1, killing Barkeep, seems like a lot of work was done to save him on the day we had a tie). We can look again, but I'm not sure it will turn up anything.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:51 AM   #1712
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damnit I wish Alan T were alive -- no one else is around this early!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #1713
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Well I sent a PM using it last night, I'm not sure if it was used because I got no PM back telling me anything. I'm not sure if this is standard procedure or not.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #1714
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arlington, can you tell us who you used it on last night? That would be good information to have out there as you would have prevented that person from acting.

If you had selected a wolf, then they got lucky that the other wolf had an action in. If you didn't select a wolf, well the village is all out of roles at this point.

I think this would act as a small data point of innocence for whoever you used it on.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 AM   #1715
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I used it on you, Hoops.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #1716
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm here...didn't get home til 11 last night, checked in to see how the lynch went but was too exhausted to read through everything and post...sucks we were wrong on RendeR, I really had a strong vibe on him but I guess I need some of that Pepto he mentioned yesterday...

Not sure what to do today, we need to get a wolf tonight - I've got some stuff to do at work and then should have some time to re-read through stuff and hopefully figure out who to vote for.

Still have my serving tray...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #1717
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, did you get any message that you were blocked last night?

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #1718
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Still have my serving tray...

This alarms me, because I had been assuming that oliegirl gave the tray to RA that RA gave to Crim.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #1719
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This alarms me, because I had been assuming that oliegirl gave the tray to RA that RA gave to Crim.

Nope, I haven't done anything with it...there have been enough people throwing my name around that I wanted to hang onto it in case I needed it. I haven't passed it to anyone...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #1720
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
I used it on you, Hoops.

Quote:
Hoops, did you get any message that you were blocked last night?

Not at all. I've only received one PM this game. After we found Path dead I found a golf club. I'm kicking myself for not moving it to Chief yesterday - it would absolutely have been the right move and I didn't think of it. But no PMs last night indicating that I was blocked.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #1721
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote Pass

I would like to thank one of the wolves for revealing themselves with his/her statement. Now to weed out the cohort, if there is a second.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #1722
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
unvote Pass

I would like to thank one of the wolves for revealing themselves with his/her statement. Now to weed out the cohort, if there is a second.

If you are referring to me, I am a villager...
Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #1723
hoopsguy
General Manager

Colt, I take it that you considered me to be the most likely wolf when you decided to use the block (prevent action) on me? If so, do you still believe that to be the case?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #1724
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I'd have to check on who made a pretty good case against you being a "friendly" wolf. I'll admit it was a shot in the dark because I haven't really suspected you personally before. Considering I got no feedback on the table doing anything to you, then yeah your back on the trusted side.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #1725
hoopsguy
General Manager

Who made the case - probably anyone who has played a game with me as a wolf before Seriously, I'm often surprised at how regularly people think I'm on the other side than I actually am in these games as I certainly feel like my play is much more direct and challenging when I'm a villager.

If you had blocked a wolf, and there was only one left, then we would not have had a kill last night.

If you had blocked a wolf, and there were only two left, then there was only a 50% chance that we would have had a kill last night.

Does anyone really think there are more than two wolves at this point in the game?

My question is whether you really had the table in the first place, or if this is a bluff. But given that I'm drawing some heat, I think if you were a wolf then you probably would have bluffed at someone else rather than giving me anything resembling wiggle room today.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #1726
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I had the table, and used it on you last night. Do you usually get feedback on items you use during the game that don't "succeed"? I just want to make sure it was acknowledged before the deadline... because if it's not that means I still have it in my possession.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #1727
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would PM the moderator for clarification on that point, Arlington. And please let us know the answer - was it used or not?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #1728
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the rest of the players out there - I'm not expecting to be as chatty or floating as many theories today as I have the past couple of days. I actually have time to do it at work, but I'm 100% stumped by this game if Passacaglia doesn't end up being a wolf.

I guess my 2nd tier would roll over to Cronin, but I really feel like from my viewpoint I need to learn one way or another about Passacaglia - a guy that is uncleared (I consider two people - Eagle and Raiders - cleared enough that I won't consider them today) and has played a little bit of the provocater (is that a word?) role this game while contributing less than he has in recent games.

I'm certainly willing to answer any questions on my stance or my play this game (some good, some bad) as people consider their votes.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #1729
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I did indeed use the table on hoops, he must have had no night action.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #1730
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm actually more suspicious of Arlington now, although much less suspicious of hoops.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #1731
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like an awfully quiet day ... kind of a bummer, as the game has been pretty intense most of the way up to this point.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #1732
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Since I don't know if i'll be around again before the deadline...

Vote Pass
Old 09-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #1733
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote ArlingtonColt

This should leave us with either oliegirl or Pass as the lone remaining wolf, unless there is only one left now. If anyone has a knife we could try to finish this off tonight. If we have another table, maybe block one and knife the other to see if it's game, set and match for the villagers.

I have a last minute demo setup tonight for a client that will keep me tied up from around 9 until possibly around midnight so I will unfortunately miss out on any late changes. If I'm still around with the surviving villagers after we nail the remaining wolf(ves) we can have ourselves a werewolf steak barbeque.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #1734
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

If the villagers would like me to pass the serving tray to someone, I will...not sure what else I can do to prove I'm a villager...

I should be around tonight, though I'll be on my phone so it's hard to keep up if the board starts exploding with votes moving around.

Does anyone have a current vote count?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #1735
st.cronin
General Manager

I have this as the vote count:

Arlington Colt - st.cronin (1696), EagleFan (1733)
Passacaglia - hoopsguy (1703), Arlington Colt (1732)
Hoopsguy - Passacaglia (1711)

not voted:

oliegirl
mr.dna
raiders army

I'll not be around at deadline, but I'm happy seeing either Pass or AC get lynched.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #1736
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
vote ArlingtonColt

This should leave us with either oliegirl or Pass as the lone remaining wolf, unless there is only one left now. If anyone has a knife we could try to finish this off tonight. If we have another table, maybe block one and knife the other to see if it's game, set and match for the villagers.

I have a last minute demo setup tonight for a client that will keep me tied up from around 9 until possibly around midnight so I will unfortunately miss out on any late changes. If I'm still around with the surviving villagers after we nail the remaining wolf(ves) we can have ourselves a werewolf steak barbeque.

So how did AC reveal himself?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #1737
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
After we found Path dead I found a golf club.

Hoops, if you think carefully about the night kills, it seems obvious who you should pass that to. At least, it seems obvious to me.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1738
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagle, I'm interested in hearing this as well if you are comfortable discussing it.

If I remember correctly, you had a table earlier in the game?

I should be around at the deadline. The question I've got is if you are confident enough that I should be ready to move my vote to Arlington instead of Pass in the event of a close race. I trust you and if you are extremely confident in this vote (you seem to be) then I'll move my vote if needed. If it isn't needed, I'll leave it on Pass so it reflects my intent for the day.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #1739
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So how did AC reveal himself?

For one thing by being practically absent in the thread until path and Purdue get found out. An MIA quiet wolf can no longer be that way when the wolf numbers dwindle.

It also seems to me that oligirl's actions have increased in that time frame as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1740
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, if you think carefully about the night kills, it seems obvious who you should pass that to. At least, it seems obvious to me.

Yep, it will be moving tonight.

Chances are pretty good we are thinking of the same person. Unless I'm trying to out-think the wolves ... but I wouldn't do that, would I? Hmmm ... this is the kind of stuff that is fun in werewolf. With seven days worth of data to review, I hope that I'm able to get in the heads of my opponent(s) well enough to make the right decision. And that we land on the right side of random.org if golf club does meet wolf.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1741
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For one thing by being practically absent in the thread until path and Purdue get found out. An MIA quiet wolf can no longer be that way when the wolf numbers dwindle.

It also seems to me that oligirl's actions have increased in that time frame as well.

Again, I find myself questioning your reasoning. You seem very sure of this, and I don't know why.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1742
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: yes, I had the table early and didn't know that it could be found by another person after it's use so I held onto it for a while as I didn't know if it would do much by using it early.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #1743
st.cronin
General Manager

EF, I thought you hinted earlier that something AC had posted made him look bad.

I mean, I have some questions about the folding table story, myself, but I don't see anything that's a dead giveaway.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #1744
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Again, I find myself questioning your reasoning. You seem very sure of this, and I don't know why.

All one has to go by is gut feeling and instinct and I think it worked quite well for me by picking out Purdue quite early in the game.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #1745
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
All one has to go by is gut feeling and instinct and I think it worked quite well for me by picking out Purdue quite early in the game.

You could not be more wrong.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #1746
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, I am out until morning.

knives out
Old 09-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #1747
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, I thought you hinted earlier that something AC had posted made him look bad.

I mean, I have some questions about the folding table story, myself, but I don't see anything that's a dead giveaway.

Maybe I'm reaching and trying to read too much into actions but there seems to be something to the fact that he now seems much more active after Purdue and path are gone. Plus his number of wolves statement in which he seemed too defensive about in his response to my pointing that out (by going back and quoting another player's suspicions on how many wolves remain that just seems like taking too much action to try to prove you are a villager).

Again, everything is just gut feeling at this point. It's my first time in WW and I'm just happy to have made it this far in the game. I may be way off with my strategy but right now I want to get the wolves talking in here as much as possible so I am trying to stir up a couple os suspects to see what they say.

To me it's like poker right now and I think AC is raising with only an ace high.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #1748
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No, I'm pretty sure Prudue was a wolf, not sure how you can say I was wrong. Unless you are saying that he was not yet a wolf when I picked him out which means he was the goth. Hmmm, the only people that would know that would be....
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #1749
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I'm curious what you meant on this as well - what part of Eagle's statement are you contesting?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #1750
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagle, Purdue could not have been the Goth since he was the brutal wolf. Barring, of course, really bizarre mechanics from our moderator. But I feel very safe in making the assumption that Purdue was a starting wolf.

Also, here is a new thought for you. He was out killing on Night 5. Hmm, if Neon was the Goth he never got a chance to sent in a kill - converted Night 1, targeted for death on Night 2.

A pretty standard way of doing the "named killer" is that it has to rotate between the alive wolves. I'm guessing that the wolves wanted to send the brutal out as often as possible, knowing he was going to get them a 2-1 if discovered with his night kill. Might as well get the villager numbers down as quickly as possible, right?

So if he was out for his second time on Night 5, then we had four starting wolves as has been widely speculated.

No way to prove it, but this makes me a little more firm in my belief that we still face two wolves and not just one.