Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #1701
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, let me re-state because it sounds like you don't quite understand what I was saying.

I think the wolves do get to pick their conversion target, but their target can accept or refuse.

Players get to determine their fate this game. Choices may create situations where they have a chance to be a wolf - either by a direct choice (Player X is the 2nd player to choose Location B, gets a sub-task where Answer Y = wolf, Answer Z = villager) or an indirect choice (wolves target Player X for conversion, who is given a choice to change sides as Anxiety presented).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #1702
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't think this is true, let me pull up the post.

Never mind, its actually more confusing than I remember, and SY never really did explain what happened. I know I asked him for a detailed explanation at one point, but I don't think he ever responded.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #1703
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, let me re-state because it sounds like you don't quite understand what I was saying.

I think the wolves do get to pick their conversion target, but their target can accept or refuse.

Players get to determine their fate this game. Choices may create situations where they have a chance to be a wolf - either by a direct choice (Player X is the 2nd player to choose Location B, gets a sub-task where Answer Y = wolf, Answer Z = villager) or an indirect choice (wolves target Player X for conversion, who is given a choice to change sides as Anxiety presented).

I guess we disagree, then. Although you might be right.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #1704
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't think this is true, let me pull up the post.

What heinz said is right - we voted to lynch Sonic Youth, the captain said he wasn't persuaded, we went on our next excursions, when we got back, the cops came and talked to the captain and took Sonic Youth away for the night.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #1705
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Your itenerary for this trip:

- Depart the port of Miami, Florida
- Spend two sunny days in Cozumel, Mexico
- Spend a day in George Town, Grand Cayman
- Two beautiful days in Montego Bay, Jamaica
- One final day in Labadee, Haiti before returning back to Miami

We ended up spending two nights in the Caymans, but we're a bit over halfway through our itinerary.
Just a point of order.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #1706
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im under the impression that not all converts would have chosen to be converts. I think some and maybe most will become converts because of a choice on an activity that they made. Thus it would not be a direct choice or one that they would know..
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #1707
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
but I don't remember where Path had gone that first night that he couldn't get back on the boat.

I ended up spending the night on a park bench. I had no other info than that.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #1708
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
What heinz said is right - we voted to lynch Sonic Youth, the captain said he wasn't persuaded, we went on our next excursions, when we got back, the cops came and talked to the captain and took Sonic Youth away for the night.

Did SY actually go on an excursion, though?

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #1709
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
why in the name of god would you want a tour of Seattle?

Hey! What's wrong with Seattle?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #1710
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We ended up spending two nights in the Caymans, but we're a bit over halfway through our itinerary.
Just a point of order.

The wolves are either in trouble and things are going wrong or they will start getting more than one kill a night. I mean we have what 3-4 nights left? So they will be able to get 6-8 people under normal circumstances.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #1711
hoopsguy
General Manager

I expect the wolves will be able to slow the trip down so there are more days. But how much? It seems like "no lynch" is an effective way to fight them off if they don't have unlimited conversions or a consistent manner to add days to the trip.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #1712
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ok, here's the count I have through 1710

Claphamsa (3): TazFTW (1549), Cronin (1603), hoopsguy (1691)
Cronin (3): Barkeep (1555), claphamsa (1558), PurdueBrad (1664)
path12 (2): oliegirl (1662), Lathum (1685)
KWhit (1): Jackal (1520)
Oliegirl (1): Chief Rum (1527)
Lathum (1): path12 (1536)
jeheinz72 (1): Sonic Youth (1585)
Anxiety (1): nfg22 (1644)

Not voting: jeheinz72, Passacaglia, ntnDeacon, mccollins, Qwikshot, Anxiety, KWhit

Let me know if I missed anything
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #1713
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm not really interested in spreading us out further. I think Cronin has been generally combative and seemingly, in my eyes at least, not necessarily acting in the best interests of the ship

Vote St. Cronin
Old 04-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #1714
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just caught up. First of all:

unvote KWhit
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #1715
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Did SY actually go on an excursion, though?

I have "Shopping?" written down which I think (to myself) meant that he threw it out there that he went shopping, but that it is unverifiable information that I didn't fully trust.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #1716
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"I'm going to follow Mr. Basketball and vote for the Clap..what a drag...Should Mr. Clap be bad, then it alludes to Mr. Highstrung and that barkeep (I'll have a margarita!) potentially being cahoots..."

Vote Claphamsa
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #1717
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

jsut checking here, the case against me is...... that I might have been passed a sword (wasnt) and that I was out when path passed out on the beach? anything else?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #1718
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh yeah, and bad vote timing.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #1719
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'm not really interested in spreading us out further. I think Cronin has been generally combative and seemingly, in my eyes at least, not necessarily acting in the best interests of the ship

1. combative /= wolfish
2. what have I done that is not in the best interests of the ship. Please be specific. Barkeep was dishonest about his accusation, but at least he was specific.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #1720
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Vote St. Cronin

Then why not vote for Claphamsa?
I wouldn't want to be aligned with this suspicious voting crew:

4 - St. Cronin - Barkeep49 (1555), Claphamsa (1559), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713)
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #1721
hoopsguy
General Manager

And that you would be a good conversion target based on early trust. And that you would likely say "yes" if presented that opportunity (I'm basing this on our conversation in the Heroes game).

I think it is a collection of small data points, but it is the best case I can put together in a game with a lot of information that is hard to assign relative value.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #1722
The Jackal
Coordinator

FTR, any suspicion I had of olie is slightly reduced because her pawn shop recap was similar to mine.

My vote is going to be on clap, anxiety, or path, and that's the order I'm thinking in right now. Still plenty of time left, but just to explain my thoughts:

Clap - the fortune teller clearing him wouldve made him an extremely attractive conversion target, and I'm relatively sure clap would accept if he had a choice (and ftr cronin, I think our actions may have something to do with who gets approached, but some of it may be entirely random. I think the main thing is that when people go to locations where they can't verify each other, that's where the underground can approach them easily)

Anxiety - he is in no way cleared in my mind because he said he wasn't converted. And he claims the underground told him he was "dead anyways" so there would be no framing of him. Kind of suspicious.

Path - I'm thinking its unlikely alan wouldve made it so obvious who gets converted, but we've only had one admitted approaching and multiple people have to be hiding things
Old 04-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #1723
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I ended up spending the night on a park bench. I had no other info than that.

Right, but where were you trying to go? Or where had you been prior to falling asleep on the bench?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #1724
mccollins
College Prospect

What everyone else said. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there and even the vote.

Vote Claphamsa

Sorry, bud.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #1725
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would like to stress the importance of voting for either clap or cronin at this point. We need, theorizing a 40% threshold, at least 8 votes on a person to lynch.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #1726
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We're now half way there to both cronin and clap. Passacaglia, ntnDeacon, Qwikshot, Anxiety, and KWhit haven't voted. Assuming that they don't all break in one direction, we need some of you who have voted for other people to unvote and vote for one of the leading candidates.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #1727
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
FTR, any suspicion I had of olie is slightly reduced because her pawn shop recap was similar to mine.

Someone argued that she could have been copying you each time.
But, I don't want to muddy the waters! Everyone continue the discussion at hand!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #1728
The Jackal
Coordinator

Clap, I'd say the main case against you is that you were a sexy conversion target after getting cleared so early.

I don't really consider what happened on the beach with you/path since we found out where path had been.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #1729
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
1. combative /= wolfish
2. what have I done that is not in the best interests of the ship. Please be specific. Barkeep was dishonest about his accusation, but at least he was specific.

I don't know, you seem, distracting. That's the best word I can come for it. I don't know, the only other time I've gotten this vibe from you, you were a wolf (I think it was Path's game where shot you )

Additionally

I'm not voting for clap. I didn't think he was bad in the first vote, and other than a hunch that he may be a decent conversion candidate, I don't see the case against him.

As far as path, what's the logic on him? The missing the boat on the first day? That seems, weak. Not only because I haven't gotten a wolf-read on him since, but it just seems to over-the-top obvious that in a game where there are no (or very very few) wolves at the start, that one who so completely stands out from the rest in the beginning like that would be how Alan would present it. I mean if that's the case, given that we've had a number of later disappearances (SY, PB, BK) it'd be like Alan would almost be intentionally confusing us later and making an issue where there isn't one. Maybe one of these guys is a wolf, I wouldn't doubt that on odds alone, but the first one? Meh, seems like a lame way to run a game, and from what I gather on Alan's past games, he doesn't run lame games like that.

I'm not voting for one of the singletons. Not only do I not find any of them overly lynch-worthy, but I'm of the ilk that we do need a certain % to make a lynch happen, and making it 3-3-2-2 (4-3-2-2 now that Qwik voted) isn't appealing. That's also an additional reason to note vote path for me (making it 3-3-3/4-3-3). I want a 2-candidate "election".
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #1730
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Then why not vote for Claphamsa?
I wouldn't want to be aligned with this suspicious voting crew:

4 - St. Cronin - Barkeep49 (1555), Claphamsa (1559), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713)

I've played with clap...a LOT.

The following vote and the early vote/unvote 100% fit his pattern for typical game play.

I've also never been one to worry about who I'm voting with, more who I'm voting for.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #1731
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clap, I'd say the main case against you is that you were a sexy conversion target after getting cleared so early.

I don't really consider what happened on the beach with you/path since we found out where path had been.

fair enouhg, and since it looks like im getting it..... the wolves are most likely the ones pointing out that im a sexy conversion target..... since I am, and I havent been converted.......

yalls just remember than now.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #1732
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
We're now half way there to both cronin and clap. Passacaglia, ntnDeacon, Qwikshot, Anxiety, and KWhit haven't voted. Assuming that they don't all break in one direction, we need some of you who have voted for other people to unvote and vote for one of the leading candidates.

Pssst I voted.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #1733
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The following vote and the early vote/unvote 100% fit his pattern for typical game play.

I've also never been one to worry about who I'm voting with, more who I'm voting for.

vote early and often

We started playign on TSW and the common tiebrekaer was always the longest standing vote... so its a bad habit

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #1734
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Claphamsa (5): TazFTW (1549), Cronin (1603), hoopsguy (1691), Qwikshot (1716), mccollins (1724)
Cronin (4): Barkeep (1555), claphamsa (1558), PurdueBrad (1664), jeheinz72 (1713)
path12 (2): oliegirl (1662), Lathum (1685)
Oliegirl (1): Chief Rum (1527)
Lathum (1): path12 (1536)
jeheinz72 (1): Sonic Youth (1585)
Anxiety (1): nfg22 (1644)

Not voting: Passacaglia, ntnDeacon, Anxiety, KWhit, Jackal*
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #1735
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Pssst I voted.
You're not in the unofficial vote count that JH posted.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #1736
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Nevermind.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #1737
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum and path I see that you're here. I would hope that you would move your vote to a leading contender.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #1738
The Jackal
Coordinator

Was me that brought up she could be copying me, mc

I need to look back over my post and the PM, I think I didn't say exactly what it said but hers sounded like what I got, that's why I was less suspicious, but ill re-check that when I'm on a comp instead of my phone.

I agree that we need to not spread votes out, and if its between clap and cronin, I'm going with clap.

vote claphamsa
Old 04-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #1739
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
vote early and often

We started playign on TSW and the common tiebrekaer was always the longest standing vote... so its a bad habit

I'd say I've seen you do that exact pattern. Vote-unvote/revote probably 75% of all days I've played with you.

Do I find it a little strange that you tailed BK's vote two of those times, yes.

But personally that's still outweighed by

- Anx's vouch (minor)
- The fact I think something is still "up" with SY, and you were the opposition candidate in that one (aka the wolves fall guy)
- I don't think the wolves get to necessarily pick their conversion target
Old 04-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #1740
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Right, but where were you trying to go? Or where had you been prior to falling asleep on the bench?

All I was told was that I was so relaxed at the beach that I fell asleep. When I woke up it was dark, I ran to the ship but it was locked down, so I spent the night on the park bench.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #1741
Barkeep49
Coordinator

For the record, I find the evidence against clap unconvincing.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #1742
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Right -- you've played with clap more than the rest of us, I think. Do you think he would join the wolf team, if given the choice?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #1743
The Jackal
Coordinator

If the wolves can't pick their target, I'd be the first to say I'm wrong for going after clap. Clap, would you remind us what you've done everyday after the beach?

I also feel like the case against cronin is weird.. that he's been disruptive, I don't really follow it. Maybe your gut feelings on him are better than mine?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #1744
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
fair enouhg, and since it looks like im getting it..... the wolves are most likely the ones pointing out that im a sexy conversion target..... since I am, and I havent been converted.......

yalls just remember than now.

This is a good point. It's like the money game, where I (as a wolf) pointed out that Mr. Wednesday would be a good conversion target.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #1745
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Lathum and path I see that you're here. I would hope that you would move your vote to a leading contender.

I'm not a fan of either choice
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #1746
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm going to try to even the score a little.

VOTE ST.CRONIN
Old 04-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #1747
path12
Coordinator

I'll go ahead and move since nobody seems to be following my questions about Lathum. I usually am suspicious of st.cronin, but this time he strikes me as strictly village at this point, so:

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I'll go with the more attractive conversion target. And now I'm out for the weekend.....
Old 04-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #1748
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm starting to feel less and less comfortable on clap. If you are a wolf, you're playin it well.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #1749
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the wolves can't pick their target, I'd be the first to say I'm wrong for going after clap. Clap, would you remind us what you've done everyday after the beach?

I also feel like the case against cronin is weird.. that he's been disruptive, I don't really follow it. Maybe your gut feelings on him are better than mine?

last night I went flying saw nothing...
day one I went snorkling an saw some people (jackyl, and pass)
day 2 went shopping bought crap for 25$

I think thats everythign. beach night 0...

im good, didnt get converted.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #1750
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Right -- you've played with clap more than the rest of us, I think. Do you think he would join the wolf team, if given the choice?

I think, in this game, it would depend on the timing.

Clap's goals in WW are two-fold, like most of us

A) Be on the winning team
B) Be alive at the end

If it was pre-Swaggs lynch, I could see where he'd make the estimation that the passengers were winning and he wouldn't want to switch. After the lynch (and RA's death), maybe he'd make the call that things were a bit better off with the wolves. I don't know, it's tough to gauge. If I were to rank all of us, pre-game, on conversion-acception he'd be in the top-half, but I don't know if that's saying all that much. Realistically, I think for all of us, our decision-making on that issue would relate significantly to what our personal gain (in terms of win conditions) would be.

The thing that shirks me about this whole issue is when Anxiety posted his fortune teller thing, no one seemed to comment on it as a "good" thing or a "believed" thing. I don't think anyone put clap in any kind of COT or stated a belief to nudging him in that direction. I did, and I got comments for it and was basically told I was silly for doing so.

Now, all of the sudden people are saying he's such a prime conversion choice because he had all this early trust.

Something doesn't jive with me there. I see it as either A) Everyone did believe Anx's story, and put some weight into it but didn't want to say so or B) Some people are artificially coming up with a reason to lynch up a villager.