Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #1701
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote No Execution.

I don't trust hoops, and I don't believe PF is a spawn at this point. Better we all live another day than waste a body we still need to get this hulk back into the sky.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #1702
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
normally, this would be enough to get me to stay off of a vote for hoops, but in this game, wouldnt a spawn want to get scanned...there are plenty of conversion opportunities, and getting scanned if you are a spawn kills the doctor....anyone that is actively asking to be scanned worries me a bit because of the ruleset.

Me too!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #1703
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
yeah, ive got a couple people i could get behind, for various reasons.... but neither is named hoops or PF. so why bother changing!
was just califry for people who are voting no lycnh, or unvoting someone for a no lynch thats all

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1704
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
My problem with the no execution votes at this point is that for every one that is cast, it means the number of votes needed to execute someone is less...my interpretation of what BK explained earlier was that if we have 21 players, and 9 no execution votes, it means that only 5 votes (1/3 +1 ) are needed to execute someone. No execution having more votes that anyone else doesn't mean no one is going to be executed...

BK, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

You're wrong, there mus be a 1/3 total vote to execute someone. Either guy needs 8 to get killed, nothing less will work.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1705
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My problem with the no execution votes at this point is that for every one that is cast, it means the number of votes needed to execute someone is less...my interpretation of what BK explained earlier was that if we have 21 players, and 9 no execution votes, it means that only 5 votes (1/3 +1 ) are needed to execute someone. No execution having more votes that anyone else doesn't mean no one is going to be executed...

I might be wrong, but I understood it differently.. I thought he said 1/3+1 of the active players in the game to force a lynch.. No execution votes being higher than the lynch vote doesn't matter in stopping the lynch if the leading lynch vote getter receives enough votes (1/3+1) to force the lynch..
BK simply asked if people don't want to vote for a lynch, that we say so with vote no execution in the thread is all
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1706
path12
Coordinator

And in regard to Alan's earlier post (I better hurry up to make sure he didn't change his mind) :

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1707
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

You're wrong. 8 votes are needed to lynch. My example earlier pointed out that No excution could have "won" but if someone hast at least 8 votes they still get the ax.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #1708
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote no execution

this is very frustrating
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #1709
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I might be wrong, but I understood it differently.. I thought he said 1/3+1 of the active players in the game to force a lynch.. No execution votes being higher than the lynch vote doesn't matter in stopping the lynch if the leading lynch vote getter receives enough votes (1/3+1) to force the lynch..
BK simply asked if people don't want to vote for a lynch, that we say so with vote no execution in the thread is all
im pretty sure its first to 8 wins

or if more than on get there than the one with the most.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #1710
RendeR
Coordinator

Its an ungodly ruleset BK, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting into things.

Ok I'm out till later on, gotta close up shop.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #1711
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
vote no execution

this is very frustrating

I agree with this, actually. I'm not looking to die as a villager, but I agree that the voting philosophy is driving me pretty nuts.

Now, would I really post this as a wolf? Just checking how nuts people think I am?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #1712
Danny
Head Coach

I'm willing to vote no lynch as well, debating to do this or not.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1713
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Crap. I worked up all the changes from today's actions and saved the file, which I forgot to then email myself at home.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess my idea of how the doctor should play while on the planet is different than a normal seer in WW games.. it sounds like Path also has the same viewpoint, but alot of other people don't...

My thought is we want to try to get off this planet by day 4-5.. In the meantime, Path doesn't necessarily want to find spawns, he wants to clear important members whom he thinks are not spawns.. and put them in the one place that they can't be harmed or converted..

Once we fill up the brig with path + 3 others, we hopefully have everything ready to take off (or will soon).. and once in space, the doctor(s) shift gear trying to isolate the spawns from the remainder of the non-cleared people. At that point if he finds a spawn, we take the 1 for 1 and move on.. but until we get into the air, I think clearing people is just as important.

Once in space I believe conversions cant happen anymore (or maybe that was last game and not this one.. or maybe I just imagined that all together.. I should re-read the rules on that to make sure)
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1715
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You're wrong. 8 votes are needed to lynch. My example earlier pointed out that No excution could have "won" but if someone hast at least 8 votes they still get the ax.

Ahhhh, got it. Thanks for the explanation.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1716
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, if you do be prepared for some serious discussion tomorrow. You are the guy that I'm going to be doing some post "dumpster diving" on tonight.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #1717
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Just to be devil's advocate.. I asked to be scan this morning.

For the record, I was nervous about that.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #1718
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In a game where the villagers outnumber the wolves, it should be the goal of the seer to get a 1:1 trade, especially when he has been revealing his scans all the way along.

You are once again backsliding further down the trust list with continued bad arguments.

but this isnt a normal werewolf game...the doctor is the center of the COT...if we change that center, we lose the entire circle from that point forward...if we lose Path, we promote the medic, who we cannot necessarily trust.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #1719
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Alan and the rest be danged, I"m staying where I am, even if it doesn't look like I'll get an answer on if I'm right any time soon.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #1720
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I agree with this, actually. I'm not looking to die as a villager, but I agree that the voting philosophy is driving me pretty nuts.

Now, would I really post this as a wolf? Just checking how nuts people think I am?

People ALWAYS think you are nuts, which is why you are an easy lynch target early in the game, same goes for Lathum
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #1721
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, if you do be prepared for some serious discussion tomorrow. You are the guy that I'm going to be doing some post "dumpster diving" on tonight.

Feel free, I'm going to do what I think is best whether it places heat on me or not.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #1722
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Do all the orders about fixing parts of the ship have to be in by now? I wish i could help
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #1723
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
but this isnt a normal werewolf game...the doctor is the center of the COT...if we change that center, we lose the entire circle from that point forward...if we lose Path, we promote the medic, who we cannot necessarily trust.

In past games, that is why we've had the doctor scan the medic.

We still have the duplicant as a scanning option, since that wasn't burned today.

And if you have the seer cleared upon death, then everything he scanned up to that point is trusted (greater trust on more recent scans, due to conversion concerns, mitigated by protection schemes, yada, yada, yada).

The act of clearing Path actually gives the wolves more incentive to come after him, if you want to invert your logic. I don't 100% believe this argument, but I think the optimal seer strategy is a more complex topic than your quoted post.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #1724
Danny
Head Coach

I will ask again for Jeheinz and I, will a security guard please guard the cargo hold. I haven't seen any confirmations about this or not.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #1725
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
People ALWAYS think you are nuts, which is why you are an easy lynch target early in the game, same goes for Lathum

I've only been lynched as a villager once - I don't think I'm that easy a get, even if I'm an easy initial vote.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #1726
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I will ask again for Jeheinz and I, will a security guard please guard the cargo hold. I haven't seen any confirmations about this or not.

I'm not all that inclined to post publicly on night security actions, as that provides a Spawn roadmap.

If we don't talk about it in the thread, there is a chance we'll double-guard. But I think the odds are pretty slim that you won't find anyone there.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #1727
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I've only been lynched as a villager once - I don't think I'm that easy a get, even if I'm an easy initial vote.

Really? I will definitly keep that in mind for our future games
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #1728
Danny
Head Coach

It's deadline now, no lynch for another day. I'm glad we had a vote that went to the end though, could at least tell us something later.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #1729
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, ditto Danny's post. Our work is potentially meaningless if it isn't. Also, if someone guards the cargo hold does that protect Danny and I inherently?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #1730
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

are you serious....once...i lost track around 20
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #1731
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Deadline has passed
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #1732
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Barkeep.. kind of important to know but I can't find it in the rules anywhere so not sure if I am thinking of a past spawn game or this one...

Once we lift up from the planet, current spawnlings will continue to form into spawns, but no more spawnlings can be planted to convert anyone right?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #1733
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah, ditto Danny's post. Our work is potentially meaningless if it isn't. Also, if someone guards the cargo hold does that protect Danny and I inherently?

guarding the cargo hold protects it from any damage. It does not protect anyone in the hold from being attacked. They have to specifically guard you as a person for that to occur
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #1734
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Why would you be exhausted, there is nothing for you to do at night but sleep.

Not enough beds to sleep!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #1735
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
are you serious....once...i lost track around 20

Yep, and I was pretty bitter when the streak ended. Both that it ended somewhere around 20-25 games and the way it went down. Just a weak, weak vote (obvious personal bias showing).
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #1736
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Not enough beds to sleep!

watch pron?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #1737
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
guarding the cargo hold protects it from any damage. It does not protect anyone in the hold from being attacked. They have to specifically guard you as a person for that to occur

That's disconcerting because if Danny is spawn (and admittedly, same logic applies to me) he can just not work and attack me and nothing gets done, right?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #1738
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yep, and I was pretty bitter when the streak ended. Both that it ended somewhere around 20-25 games and the way it went down. Just a weak, weak vote (obvious personal bias showing).

So since you've only been lynched as a villager once out of 30+ games than if we lynch you, the chance of you being a villager is only about 3%
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #1739
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you had thought about what needed to happen on Day 2 when the crew landed yesterday, this day would not have been it. The ship is still damaged, somewhat severely & little Crystilium has been found. Yet, based on what has happened? It felt like a good day. Perhaps you're no closer to finding a Spawn, but after the destruction of the slave riot, made only slightly worse today before they could be rounded back up, and the decision that every person is needed to help at this point, you're feeling pretty good about things.
Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 9 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 4 man cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 87 units (Enough reserves for a little less than 4 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 16 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Brig – path12, Alan T, KWhit
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Operational (Undamaged)
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer – Kwhit Wounded
Second Officer - Render Exhuasted
Security Chief - Hoopsguy Exhuasted
Ensign - Telle

Chief Engineer - Tyrith Exhuasted

Engineers
PurdueBrad Exhuasted
Danny Exhuasted
JeHeinz72 Exhuasted
Claphamsa

Trainer - mccollins

Medical Staff
Doctor - path12 Wounded
Medic - The Jackal Wounded
Medic - bulletsponge Exhuasted

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl Exhuasted
Warden - Passacagalia Exhuasted
Galley Master - Schmidty Exhuasted
Slavemaster - Saldana
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty Exhuasted

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic Wounded & Exhuasted

Privates

Marc Vaughn
Chubby Wounded

Slaves
17 slaves accounted
3 slaves dead

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-09-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #1740
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Of course he'd essentially out himself as Spawn should that happen, but if it means we all die of thirst then who cares for the Spawns right?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #1741
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So since you've only been lynched as a villager once out of 30+ games than if we lynch you, the chance of you being a villager is only about 3%

Some people shouldn't be allowed to do math in these threads
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #1742
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like we need Tyrith and Purduebrad to help in the cargo hold too. Probably should have all of our engineers help there tonight...
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #1743
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

this is wierd, since we dont learn from night kills.... there are just more spawn

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #1744
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Crap, looks like we'll need more manpower (all engineers to be safe?) at the cargo hold
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #1745
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Of course he'd essentially out himself as Spawn should that happen, but if it means we all die of thirst then who cares for the Spawns right?

We would all be thirsty (dehydrated) but not dead. That would be the 2nd day without water.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #1746
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You shouldn't get confirmations for something like that in thread. Security moves should be secret so the spawn don't know for sure who will be where.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #1747
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

On the plus side, we found all the slaves!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #1748
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, I felt kinda bad about leading that charge. But just kinda.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #1749
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Some people shouldn't be allowed to do math in these threads

lol, you know I was kidding .
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #1750
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You shouldn't get confirmations for something like that in thread. Security moves should be secret so the spawn don't know for sure who will be where.

ok