Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #17201
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just saw this tweet then came to the board and read your comment about multiple people with recognizable/famous names.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #17202
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Just saw this tweet then came to the board and read your comment about multiple people with recognizable/famous names.

Where's Comey? This was made for him.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #17203
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

From the downright stupid files

Teen Ordered to Jail Over Road Rage Case Flees Court, Slams Into Family's SUV
Old 11-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #17204
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

"Mathews sped off in a 1989 Buick, she said. Police gave chase as Mathews reached speeds of more than 90 mph..."

I'm surprised he was able to get it to 90.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #17205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

On the list of things you don't want to hear on the phone out of the blue "The ambulance is on its way"

Long story short, wife had some outpatient surgery yesterday, her mom calls me and opens with that sentence. She's fine, turned out to be considerable ado about nothing (thankfully) but that's a shitty phone call to get regardless.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #17206
Ksyrup

You should put her in touch with the college donation person.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #17207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You should put her in touch with the college donation person.

No. Fn. Shit.

And while I'm posting anyway, you know what else sucks pretty bad?
Beating the ambulance to the hospital by like 20 minutes.

In that span of time, you don't know if that's cause they didn't transport or if something went badly wrong or if you're at the wrong hospital.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #17208
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really want the John Wick and Matrix universe to be the same. Just finished Chapter 2, and the pieces look they should all fit together somehow. This needs to be done.

Like Steam?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #17209
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
"Mathews sped off in a 1989 Buick, she said. Police gave chase as Mathews reached speeds of more than 90 mph..."

I'm surprised he was able to get it to 90.

Meh. Sometimes courthouses are built on the tops of steep hills.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:23 AM   #17210
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saw a couple of clips from the post-game after my son's HS alma mater won the region title for the first time since 2012. The players comments were on par with most college players (one of them a just a freshman) and honestly they were more comfortable on mic than the local (print) sports editor who did the voiceover between segments.

It's something his old school does a great job with, they start interviewing players (just for internal & social media use) around the 5th grade, by the time they hit HS, they're old hands at it. Learning to speak comfortably in public is a huge skill to come out of K-12 with IMO.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #17211
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Oh FFS my room is beginning to flood
Old 11-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #17212
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

eeek
Old 11-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #17213
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

it seems like our sub pump failed and water started accumulating. We flipped the breaker and the pump starting making noise again so IDK
Old 11-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #17214
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from eek to whew then

Which is better than from eek to glurg glurg
Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #17215
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

It seems our shopvac is on the fritz (or at least no one wants to fix it this late at night) so I'm blowing fans over my carpet so it smells all wet. Ugh. I just wanted to get drunk tonight to celebrate the fact that I turned in my final papers for my Master courses tonight.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #17216
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
It seems our shopvac is on the fritz (or at least no one wants to fix it this late at night) so I'm blowing fans over my carpet so it smells all wet. Ugh. I just wanted to get drunk tonight to celebrate the fact that I turned in my final papers for my Master courses tonight.

Just went through all this a couple months ago. I feel for you.

Like Steam?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #17217
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Just went through all this a couple months ago. I feel for you.

Must've been some flooding when you're seven miles up
Old 11-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #17218
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

A little bit surreal to go vote today & cast a ballot for someone I've known for, give or take, almost half their lifetime.

Cool ... but a little weird/surreal.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #17219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, can't say that I've ever seen anyone named Adidas before tonight. (middle name is Storm)

That I saw the name for the first time in a police blotter report isn't the biggest shock of my lifetime.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:42 AM   #17220
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm like 99% sure I didn't authorize a pizza delivery to James Harrison tonight because he lived too far out of range. I was a bit skeptical at first when the driver said something, but Zillow search of the address likely made the story make sense.

Anyways, pray for me FOFC.

Last edited by stevew : 11-11-2017 at 03:43 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #17221
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

This isn't as good as the LBJ/Haggar slacks one, but it nonetheless falls into the same category as when I first heard that one: "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!"

Old 11-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #17222
korme
Go Reds

It's fake, but it's awesome nonetheless.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #17223
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

May I ask a metaphysical question at this point?

Why is Michael Strahan hosting the $100,000 Pyramid?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #17224
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
May I ask a metaphysical question at this point?

Why is Michael Strahan hosting the $100,000 Pyramid?

Because there's a new rule that game show hosts have to hold the prize money between their two front teeth for 30 seconds before handing it to the winner and the Pyramid still pays out in hundreds.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:40 AM   #17225
Suicane75
Coordinator

Is a bear intelligent?

Can a gorilla be a magical creature?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:57 AM   #17226
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Our staffing levels suck and we need to get a few part-time people in the store. Our company is not very good at advertising that we have openings. Where can I post for free so that we can get a few people in.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #17227
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I have played MMOs together since at least the Burning Crusade expansion of WoW. All that time we've been in the same room playing so we never needed to use the chatbox, and I have pretty much handled any chat functions to other players in-game. Last night, after 10(?) years, she discovered she could send a private message to me using the 'whisper' command.

About 20 seconds later, she invented cybersex.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #17228
Ksyrup

Is this a serious ad? I mean, I'm not trying to go all immature teenager here, but...

Old 11-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #17229
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is this a serious ad? I mean, I'm not trying to go all immature teenager here, but...

Is there more to the ad? What is Trim? That would be my problem with it. I don't see what the heck they're selling.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #17230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
My wife and I have played MMOs together since at least the Burning Crusade expansion of WoW ...

Okay, there's my legit lmao moment of the day I believe.

That's gold.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #17231
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is there more to the ad? What is Trim? That would be my problem with it. I don't see what the heck they're selling.

My dirty mind says trim is pussy.

Making it completely correct.

Like Steam?

Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #17232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so ... am I the only person not seeing anything in the Ksyrup post, aside from what he typed?

Link removed? Is one of my adblocker blocking a link? Something else?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #17233
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, so ... am I the only person not seeing anything in the Ksyrup post, aside from what he typed?

Link removed? Is one of my adblocker blocking a link? Something else?

Im right here with you
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #17234
Ksyrup

I just copied the twitter image URL and posted it here. Not sure who can see it.

It's an ad for a service called Trim. I believe it's a financial service like Mint, is my guess. It keeps coming up as the second or third "tweet" on my timeline. In fact, I'm looking at it now.

"Managing finances is hard. Get your financial �� together with Trim!" And then the pic.

It even says "forget Mint.com, use this Bot instead."

I guess if they were looking for something eye-catching, it worked. Luckily, I haven't had to live without trim for over 25 years, so I'm good.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #17235
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I Googled the phrase, looks like they've been running that (likely a sponsored post) since at least August. The replies are predictably amusing
Old 11-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #17236
Suicane75
Coordinator

Every time I make scrambled eggs this comes up. I mix up the ingredients in a small bowl. I pour the ingredients into a pan. I put the used bowl under water to rinse it. The remnants and the water create a froth. I scream at no one in particular, "WHAT MAKES YOU DO THAT!!"
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #17237
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Every time I make scrambled eggs this comes up. I mix up the ingredients in a small bowl. I pour the ingredients into a pan. I put the used bowl under water to rinse it. The remnants and the water create a froth. I scream at no one in particular, "WHAT MAKES YOU DO THAT!!"

My wife does the same.
I Crack the eggs directly into the hot pan and scramble them as they cook so less dirty dishes
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #17238
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I really think I am starting to like the CFL over the NFL.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #17239
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I love Debussy
Old 11-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #17240
Edward64
Head Coach

I hit the motherlode!

Quote:
Bank of America
115 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
From Desktop of Mr. Jeff Anderson
Our Ref: BOF-0XX2/987/20
E-mail:[email protected]

It is my modest obligation to write you this letter as regards the Authorization of your owed payment through our most respected financial institution (Bank of America). I am Mr. Jeff Anderson, TRANSFER INSPECTION OFFICER, foreign operations Department Bank of America, the British Government in Conjunction with us government, World Bank, united Nations Organization on foreign Payment matters has empowered my bank after much consultation and consideration to handle all foreign payments and release them to their appropriate beneficiaries with the help of a Representative from Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

As the newly Appointed/Accredited International Paying Bank, We have been instructed by the world governing body together with the committee on international debt reconciliation department to release your overdue funds with immediate effect; with this exclusive vide transaction no.: wha/eur/202,password: 339331, pin code: 78569, having received these vital payment numbers, you are instantly qualified to receive and confirm your payment with us within the next 96hrs.

Be informed that we have verified your payment file as directed to us and your name is next on the list of our outstanding fund beneficiaries to receive their payment. Be advised that because of too many funds beneficiaries, you are entitled to receive the sum of $14.5M,(Fourteen Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars only), as to enable us pay other eligible beneficiaries.

To facilitate with the process of this transaction, please kindly re-confirm the following information below:

1) Your Full Name:
2) Your Full Address:
3) Your Contact Telephone and Fax No:
4) Your Profession, Age and Marital Status:
5) Any Valid Form of Your Identification/Driver's License:
6) Bank Name:
7) Bank Address:
8) Account Name:
9) Account Number:
10) Swift Code:
11) Routing Number:

As soon as we receive the above mentioned information, your payment will be processed and released to you without any further delay. This notification email should be your confidential property to avoid impersonators claiming your fund. You are required to provide the above information for your transfer to take place through Bank to Bank Transfer directly from Bank of America

We Look Forward To Serving You Better.

Mr. Jeff Anderson,
TRANSFER INSPECTION OFFICER
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #17241
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sooooo jealous!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #17242
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

You can tell it's legit because all Bank of America upper management uses Gmail.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #17243
lungs
Pro Rookie

So I had a three hour layover in Denver today as I was traveling back home from LA. Some guy comes up to me and asks if I'd be willing to be filmed for an advertisement for a new room in the Airport and get some free stuff. Sure, what the hell, I thought.

I sat there with a few other complete strangers, and we played a football trivia game. Just as I was thinking that this is pretty stupid, in walks Peyton Manning. Pretty cool dude. Got a free signed Broncos hat and a photo op. What made it cool is that it was a crowd of about 15 so it wasn't something I stood in line for three hours to get a two second shake of the hand.

It definitely made the layover go quickly.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #17244
cuervo72
Head Coach

Nationwide Karaoke Lounge?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #17245
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Nationwide Karaoke Lounge?

The oddest thing is that it was the Zen Room where people can go to meditate or some such thing.

That's why I'm still having trouble connecting the dots here.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #17246
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
You can tell it's legit because all Bank of America upper management uses Gmail.

Having had to deal with Bank of America upper management in the past, this wouldn't actually surprise me.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #17247
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Saw Sammy Hagar at a concert in Clearwater, FL last Tuesday. For a 70 year old guy he can still bring it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #17248
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but I will refuse to believe until my dying day that the female part of Positive K's "I got a man" is actually him but pitch-shifted.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #17249
molson
General Manager

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.

Except for the food preparation and the stress and time crunch it can create. And I personally have been barely ever been in involved in that side of things. But the people around me, in all stages of my life, have always been drawn to the process - the whole thing. I try to help in others ways and I've always appreciative of any food anyone has ever made that I've consumed, but, I don't care about it one bit. I'd be so happy with pizza or a Whole Foods meal pickup if everyone could just hang out, and drink, and watch football without a care in the world.

Edit: And it's nice that the ole' Fitchburg/Leominster Massachusetts high school football game is on facebook live now (one of oldest Thanksgiving high school rivalries in the country, every year since 1894)....I spent many cold rainy days there when others prepared food....though there's already been one ambulance on the field so that's a bit of downer.

Last edited by molson : 11-23-2017 at 10:13 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #17250
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but I will refuse to believe until my dying day that the female part of Positive K's "I got a man" is actually him but pitch-shifted.

Positive K - I Got a Man (De-Chipmunked Remix) - YouTube