Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #1651
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

if we want it to work We definitely cannot spread our attacks out as BK has done.

If you aren't on board then that's fine then we new to scratch the idea completely but it will work if we do it right.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #1652
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Doesn't make sense Mau. It would be like voting No Lynch today, so that Zinto can get an extra vote or two in probably no more than two days. And if he gets killed, we lose all benefit of doing that. Earlier in the game or under other circumstances (if he were injured) I could see doing it, but not now.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #1653
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

To find out if it is realistic we need to know Dwight's HP. I'm not going to back away from this until we for sure say its not mathematically possible. My AP is two and we'd prolly need at least a strong attacker on him too and that may be it.

We just need everyone involved in this to make sure it works. If cthulu doesn't vote then we are screwed most likely.

I don't think we should be so quick to rule it out.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #1654
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That's all I'm sayin'.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #1655
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Keyser is probably not at full power right now with your attack and you definitely aren't. So I think its doable to kill jackal and zinto in this day. Like I said it may help to have cthilu committed. Iirc didn't dv say that cthulus AP sucks?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #1656
Zinto
College Starter

I have 10 Hp and 0 Defense so I am not sure what everyone's attack power is but it maybe not possible.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1657
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Cthulu is a minimum of 3 AP for killing Zoe who has 3 HP and no defense.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1658
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think he said either way about his AP. I guess I'm just saying we need to be sure we get lunches in, and setting up our next one is probably not a bad idea either in case it's needed (if we have the attacks to do it). Even without knowing Zinto's hps, my guess is we'd have to spend more in attacks to kill him off than his bonus to attack would yield us. I think we're a lot better off trying to attack wolves.

Chubby had a D3 or 4 vote on Nelson also, although Nelson was protected that day and Thursday had an attack on him also, so not sure how to score that vote. I haven't played with him as wolf so I don't know how he prefers to play as one. Not to bring up my gut again, but I've gotten a decent villager vibe from him. I think I would score BK and Zinto as more trustworthy than Chubby and Mau, but I don't feel good about either Chubby or Mau as wolves.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #1659
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Lunches = lynches. Guess I'm hungry.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #1660
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Obviously jag and jackal wont be disclosing their AP.

We'd need a Max of five more AP on Dwight and then the rest can go jackal/jag.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #1661
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1660

Keyser: Melisandre
Melisandre: Keyser
Dwight: Mal, Jayne

Barkeep's vote is invalid
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1662
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
BK, you have to pick a character, not Chubby himself.

Kudos Danny for coming up with that Gandalf power, that's cool. I dont think it's worth it to kill him for that benefit though.

Thanks.

Athena attacks Oscar the Grouch
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #1663
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've been wondering why Zinto has been so willing to be killed to prove his scan on me. I thought he was just incredibly selfless. Knowing otherwise actually comforts me a little.

That said I don't see benefit in exercising that ability.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #1664
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That leaves chubby zinto BK to divide their attacks if dv is on Dwight.

If Athena is five then we could still get chubby and Dwight on jag jackal with each of them attacking each other. Jag is more likely to die having been attacked more yesterday is my assumption but.. we could kill him to at least get one kill. My gut says we should try killing jackal first but if we guarantee a kill w jag but not jackal.

I'm not sure what we should do.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #1665
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
That leaves chubby zinto BK to divide their attacks if dv is on Dwight.

If Athena is five then we could still get chubby and Dwight on jag jackal with each of them attacking each other. Jag is more likely to die having been attacked more yesterday is my assumption but.. we could kill him to at least get one kill. My gut says we should try killing jackal first but if we guarantee a kill w jag but not jackal.

I'm not sure what we should do.
I don't understand this post.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #1666
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry. On phone. I will touch it up later if need be. I don't think we'll have manpower to pull of killing zinto and jag/jackal. It'd be close..
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #1667
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I've been wondering why Zinto has been so willing to be killed to prove his scan on me. I thought he was just incredibly selfless. Knowing otherwise actually comforts me a little.

That said I don't see benefit in exercising that ability.

I wish the case was the case any day but today since I only have had the ability for last night and today. I am not eager to be killed but if someone brings you up as candidate it would make not sense not to kill me first.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1668
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah I am thinking it is not worth it unless we just want to whittle down another villager through a night kill making it easier to identify a wolf. If there are two wolves though we are putting our selves into a bad situation by in essence voting no lynch.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #1669
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Dwight has 10 HP. If we could get an exact sum to attack him.

Melisandre and soze will probably not reveal their HP. Melisandre and keyser soze Attack each other.

That leaves zinto Mau BK chubby and dv to coordinate attacks to equal exactly 10 on Dwight and rest on melisandre or soze.

Better BK?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #1670
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I still don't understand why you'd rather spend the attacks on Zinto than your best guess(es) for wolves. Let's say Zinto gains 2 AP and we have two more days of voting. You're trading 10 hps worth of damage for 4 hps of damage.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #1671
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

And that's assuming he lives long enough to make use of it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #1672
Zinto
College Starter

I do not understand the kill of Eagle. He was in the group with Jackal and Jag having not done anything to really prove they where a villager. It makes me wonder why Barkeep has not been killed and makes me think that Mau or Chubby maybe the last wolf.(or me if you think I am a wolf).
Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #1673
Zinto
College Starter

Keeping Barkeep alive keeps doubts on if we are both wolves while it is not necessary since there would still be doubts.

Killing Eagle knocks only Jag and Jackal in the group of people who have not cleared anyone or killed a wolf. Leaving two others in the group of people who have cleared someone.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #1674
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure how Jackal can vote for Jag since he has said numerous times that he does not think he is a wolf. Also it would make no sense to take an attack off Autumn since Autumn is not a wolf. I honestly doubt that Jag is a wolf.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #1675
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not sure how Jackal can vote for Jag since he has said numerous times that he does not think he is a wolf. Also it would make no sense to take an attack off Autumn since Autumn is not a wolf. I honestly doubt that Jag is a wolf.

I said I was leaning towards thinking he was a villager, and hoping he'd come around on me, but the tunnel vision has gotten me thinking otherwise.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #1676
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I said I was leaning towards thinking he was a villager, and hoping he'd come around on me, but the tunnel vision has gotten me thinking otherwise.

If there is only one wolf Jag's move to focus only on you would be a pretty poor one. If you come back a villager he looks terrible and will more then likely be lynched tomorrow so I think his tunnel vision if you are a villager is more likely to be a misguided villager then a wolf.

If there are two wolves though all bets are off.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #1677
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well see that's why I was thinking he was a villager, you don't usually see tunnel vision from wolves. I guess if the rest of the village is going to be avoiding us today I can move my vote, but when someone's voted for you 3 days in a row and won't even consider other possibilities even when they are presumed wolves, it gets in your head.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1678
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I am thinking it is not worth it unless we just want to whittle down another villager through a night kill making it easier to identify a wolf. If there are two wolves though we are putting our selves into a bad situation by in essence voting no lynch.

If melisandre or soze didn't die with you tonight there would probably be two deaths tomorrow.

Numbers wise where does that leave us?

At worst we are 5-2 right now. If we don't get a kill tonight that's 4-2 assuming a night kill.

Tomorrow is then highly likely to have 2 lynches. Lets assume we hit one wolf out of two. 3-1. Then a nk makes it 2-1.

Vs killing one today.

5-2. We hit a wolf and a nk makes it 4-1. No wolf hit and nk makes it 2-1. Essentially Wed be in same position either way. We aren't getting enough info from attack history because. its alrready known that there have been wolves attacking wolves.

So why not give a highly cleared player a shot at increasing our odds of killing a wolf? We need all the attack power we can get. If its the last day and its 2-1 and I'm alive we may be screwed regardless.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #1679
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not sure why you're considering Zinto a "highly cleared player". I'm not saying I think he's a wolf, but he wasn't scanned, he scanned someone else. There's still a chance both him and BK are wolves, a higher chance that just Zinto is a wolf. As I've said before it's a very low percentage chance, but I'd hesitate about this plan.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #1680
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well see that's why I was thinking he was a villager, you don't usually see tunnel vision from wolves. I guess if the rest of the village is going to be avoiding us today I can move my vote, but when someone's voted for you 3 days in a row and won't even consider other possibilities even when they are presumed wolves, it gets in your head.

Completely understandable I am sure it has happened to all of us.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #1681
Zinto
College Starter

I will be honest I am feeling pretty good about Mauboy right now. If he is a wolf I can not understand why he would want to give me extra attack power. Even if he was just doing so to gain trust night killing me tonight only clears BK completely and would not make much sense.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #1682
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Is there a number that goes along with the boost zinto? Or is it Unknown?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #1683
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll have to think about the numbers you put forth though, Mau. Gonna require people like DV to show up and input, that's for sure.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #1684
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Is there a number that goes along with the boost zinto? Or is it Unknown?

It is unknown.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #1685
Zinto
College Starter

It could be only a one point increase which would be useless to us so there is more risk then just the chance I could be a wolf.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #1686
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

It has to be a reasonable amount boost. Lets say it was zinto myself and cthulu remaining.

If Dwight and mal and Jayne all combine for 5 AP and cthulu is 12 combined defnse and HP. It will be tough to kill him wout additional AP. We may need the boost. We'll also need interaction character to boost for us because cthulu wins in that scenario (if a wolf) with no help.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #1687
Zinto
College Starter

More then likely I am going to vote for Chubby or Jackal and I am leaning towards Jackal. The reason why I am considering Chubby is that I am more confident in Mau being a villager then him.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #1688
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If jackal and jag want to put aside their differences today and make things easier for the village to kill off chubby and zinto today lets do it. I gotta think it would be easier to kill chubby and zinto over zinto and jag/jackal.

Maybe that should be the plan for today? And I'm with you zinto I'd rather attack jackal but I think the AP you may gain could be vital for us. And if u r nk'd then too bad for us but we also run the hope of getting another bodyguard shot today.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #1689
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That's a mischaracterization. I have considered other alternatives, I just don't think they are as likely to be a wolf as you are, as I've explained ad nauseum. After dubb posted about ntn, I called him a wolf, so not sure what you're talking about with the 'even when they're presumed wolf' line.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #1690
Zinto
College Starter

I feel like Chubby is going to be our wolf. He has not been pretty UTR. I feel like he has not really been proactive in trying to figure anything out. He has pretty much coasted on his scan of Lathum through the whole game.

Dwight attacks Oscar the Grouch
Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #1691
Zinto
College Starter

The only game that I have played in with Chubby(where he was not night killed night one) he was really active. Sure he could be really busy but it is too easy to use that as an excuse. This is starting to send red flags and I feel like he has not been much help in the last couple of days.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #1692
Zinto
College Starter

I forgot I was going to point this out yesterday. It seems also like Chubby had the only character to have a traditional werewolf power. To me that seems kind of suspect.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1693
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

He did attack wolves four of the first five or so days, I'm not sure that would be coasting. He also made a case for attacking me before EF and Mau tagged along just yesterday. I'm surprised you could accuse Chubby as being less proactive than Jackal, or think his attacking record is worse in comparison, but alright.

Mostlymug motivation is I don't want to do the same thing again tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1694
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

mug = my
Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #1695
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
He did attack wolves four of the first five or so days, I'm not sure that would be coasting. He also made a case for attacking me before EF and Mau tagged along just yesterday. I'm surprised you could accuse Chubby as being less proactive than Jackal, or think his attacking record is worse in comparison, but alright.

Mostlymug motivation is I don't want to do the same thing again tomorrow.

I never said that Chubby is being less proactive then Jackal just that it seems that he has not been very proactive. Also I never said his attacking record is worse I actually did not go back and look at the voting history too closely. So of course the fact he attacked wolves four times makes him look better.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #1696
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I think the general consensus is that people would rather kill jackal over you right now jag. If we decide we want to give zinto the bonus by killing him and kill chubby today that doesn't sit well with you.

If jackal was killed today and the game isn't over then I think chubby and myself are likely to be on the block next. I know I'm not a wolf so I'm okay with killing him today and coming back to jackal tomorrow.. only if we go with the plan to kill zinto too. If not I'll probably just vote jackal.. maybe chubby. Not sure there 100%.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #1697
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the general consensus is that people would rather kill jackal over you right now jag. If we decide we want to give zinto the bonus by killing him and killing chubby and coming back to jackal tomorrow..does that sit well enough with you?

Fixed butchered sentence.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #1698
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel like Chubby is going to be our wolf. He has not been pretty UTR. I feel like he has not really been proactive in trying to figure anything out. He has pretty much coasted on his scan of Lathum through the whole game.

Dwight attacks Oscar the Grouch
Can I suggest you attack super grover instead?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #1699
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Mighty Athena can take on the cookie monster! Heh.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #1700
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

just got home from work so give me a min to get my post together for who i'm voing for and why but since people are looking at me... i'll respond to that 1st.

I'm not a wolf so if you're looking to take out another villager go ahead and take me down. I went over this stuff yesterday but to recap:
- I scanned lathum good on N1 and cleared him
- I attacked crimsonfox and he attacked me before he was scanned
- i was on ntn for almost the whole time he was under conisderation including the last day were I: was the 1st to vote him, never moved despite other's trying to make a case to move, argued for people to stay on him.

as for Cookie Monster - I don't see how a character having a random attack is a "wolf power" as well as the fact that I volunteered that info. I was under no questioning about killing Dourmouse (who was a wolf by the way) when I offered up the reason because I had nothing to hide.

What has changed since yesterday? EF was NKd which I have no clue why he would be a target and Zinto brought up a power he can gain from being killed.

That's it. I'm still looking at the same tier I was looking at yesterday. Do I trust Zinto? Yeah. Do I trust him enough to grant him extra power? I'm not sure but it's irrelevant if DV isn't on board with it too since I think we need his attack.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote