Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #1651
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i actually assumed the opposite. i thought libby was dead, and ana lucia is the one that will linger for a little while longer.

i also thought the woman that jacks dad went to see was WAY too young to have a daughter anywhere near jacks age. if jack does have a half sister, shed be pretty young (aka, not claire, shannon, or kate).

i think this episode goes a long way towards proving that jacks dad is behind everything. and i mean everything.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #1652
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Could Libby be Jack Sister?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #1653
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Could Libby be Jack Sister?

I think it's possible.

I think people are assuming that the woman he was talking to was the mother of Jack's sister and that Jack's sister lives in Australia. But that doesn't have to be the case at all. That woman could have been a friend of a friend, an ex-nanny, the girls aunt...all kinds of possibilities.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #1654
DanGarion
Coordinator

Remember the manuscript Sawyer was reading, well it looks like the Lost people have released it as a book. I wonder what it's link to the show is other then Sawyer was reading it...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/05/06/lo...g-hits-stores/
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #1655
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser

i think this episode goes a long way towards proving that jacks dad is behind everything. and i mean everything.

How so?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #1656
Rizon
Pro Starter

Nice, after 500 straight weeks of re-runs, seeing no advertisements for a new episode (maybe I don't watch ABC shows), I figured this week was another re-run. so I missed it.

Maybe I'll catch it on another re-run night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:49 AM   #1657
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
Nice, after 500 straight weeks of re-runs, seeing no advertisements for a new episode (maybe I don't watch ABC shows), I figured this week was another re-run. so I missed it.

Maybe I'll catch it on another re-run night.

Or you could watch it online:

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #1658
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Just got caught up. Interesting ending... I'm kind of on board with the "Libby isn't dead, at least not yet" thoughts.

Clearly Michael staged the incident to look like Henry did it... I've got to assume he's on some sort of mission from the Others in exchange for Walt, or that he's just been "turned" by the Others.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #1659
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
Or you could watch it online:

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Sweet, thanks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #1660
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Just got caught up. Interesting ending... I'm kind of on board with the "Libby isn't dead, at least not yet" thoughts.

Clearly Michael staged the incident to look like Henry did it... I've got to assume he's on some sort of mission from the Others in exchange for Walt, or that he's just been "turned" by the Others.

Libby is dead. Eko and Locke will see Eko's brother in the next week and find another hatch.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #1661
chinaski
College Prospect

i like how both girls busted for DUI were killed off and the name of the episode was "Two for the Road".
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #1662
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

You might want to remove that chinaski, plenty of people get upset about "spoilers" from the previews of the next episode
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #1663
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
shows them falling off a huge cliff. I hope not, they are one of the best characters.

EDITED Chinaskis post to be vague and made mine more vague. I think that is spoil free, just assumptions.

Definitely not happening. Not that I know, but I am used to the previews for next week being false. I bet you the person trips over a branch and falls about 1 foot into a small ditch, and they made it look like they fell off a cliff.

Has anyone been to the hansofoundation.org website? No spoilers on the site, but alot of background on the corporation. If that is a fan site, I'd like to get in touch with those people to see if they can help do some of that stuff for the NAFL.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 05-07-2006 at 12:58 PM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #1664
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

After they showed a preview where Jin spoke perfect English and in the actual episode it was part of a dream sequence by Michael, I don't believe anything I see in the previews anymore.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #1665
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
You might want to remove that chinaski, plenty of people get upset about "spoilers" from the previews of the next episode

since what i was saying was pretty meaningless, i removed it. its a teaser, highly unlikely they would ever give away a big surprise.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #1666
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Has anyone been to the hansofoundation.org website? No spoilers on the site, but alot of background on the corporation. If that is a fan site, I'd like to get in touch with those people to see if they can help do some of that stuff for the NAFL.

Its http://thehansofoundation.org/
here are the other ones....
http://www.widmorelaboratories.com/
http://www.rottenralf.com/

paikheavyindustry.com was another - but it seems to be down now. Paik is the last name of Jin!

These are all spoiler free, just websites created by the show to add a little more flavor. more shows need to do this.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #1667
Desmond
Banned

thehansofoundation.org is interesting.
hansofoundation.org seems to be a user site made up of people who make jbmagic seem like Tolstoy.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #1668
jonesz
Mascot

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why Michael was describing The Others the way he did. i.e. living in tents, primitive savages, "We can take them!", etc. From the one episode where Claire went back to the other bunker it seemed that they were actually normal, sophisticated people. I can't tell if Michael (if it really is Michael and not a "look-alike" as the Others do have theater makeup, costumes etc.) is trying to spark a revolution or trying to draw everyone into a trap?
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #1669
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesz
I can't tell if Michael (if it really is Michael and not a "look-alike" as the Others do have theater makeup, costumes etc.) is trying to spark a revolution or trying to draw everyone into a trap?

I'll take option B.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #1670
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesz
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why Michael was describing The Others the way he did. i.e. living in tents, primitive savages, "We can take them!", etc. From the one episode where Claire went back to the other bunker it seemed that they were actually normal, sophisticated people. I can't tell if Michael (if it really is Michael and not a "look-alike" as the Others do have theater makeup, costumes etc.) is trying to spark a revolution or trying to draw everyone into a trap?

Obviously, he deceiving them for some reason.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #1671
Swaggs
Coordinator

I still think there are more than one group of "Others."

Remember when Michael and Jin were hiding under some brush and a bunch of them walked by? Based on their clothes and lack of shoes, those could be a group that are living in tents.

The guys from Claire's flashback seemed more organized, well dressed, and educated (at least medically).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #1672
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

I wonder if he's really on a mission from the Others or if he's only hoping that they'll trade Henry for Walt, like why Danielle stole Claire's baby. Because if Henry can be believed (which is not likely, I admit) there's no way the Others would make that trade.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #1673
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I think it's possible.

I think people are assuming that the woman he was talking to was the mother of Jack's sister and that Jack's sister lives in Australia. But that doesn't have to be the case at all. That woman could have been a friend of a friend, an ex-nanny, the girls aunt...all kinds of possibilities.

I'm up for some lesbian lover flashbacks myself
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #1674
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder
I wonder if he's really on a mission from the Others or if he's only hoping that they'll trade Henry for Walt, like why Danielle stole Claire's baby. Because if Henry can be believed (which is not likely, I admit) there's no way the Others would make that trade.

But it's likely they'd make Michael think they'd make that trade.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #1675
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder
Unless Henry is the leader of The Others...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #1676
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Eko made Locke his bitch because Locke was being difficult. I'm going to be very angry if they ever kill Eko off
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #1677
mgadfly
High School Varsity

What was the wxw.subLYMONAL.com commercial and website all about? Did anyone here catch that during the show?

I was playing with the dog and didn't catch on that it had something to do with Lost until the very end.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #1678
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgadfly
What was the wxw.subLYMONAL.com commercial and website all about? Did anyone here catch that during the show?

I was playing with the dog and didn't catch on that it had something to do with Lost until the very end.

Yeah, I caught it when FF with Tivo. It was brief and wasn't very informative - something like a "science of tomorrow" advertisement. But it did give that website link.

Of course, I'm not sure exactly what the spinning tv's on the website are supposed to be telling me either.

I think I'll just stick to watching the show.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #1679
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Eko made Locke his bitch because Locke was being difficult. I'm going to be very angry if they ever kill Eko off
Me too.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #1680
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Yeah, I caught it when FF with Tivo. It was brief and wasn't very informative - something like a "science of tomorrow" advertisement. But it did give that website link.

Of course, I'm not sure exactly what the spinning tv's on the website are supposed to be telling me either.

I think I'll just stick to watching the show.

I clicked a bunch on the spinning TVs and eventually they all lit up yellow and a "code" was revealed in the middle of them. Not sure what people are supposed to do with the code though.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #1681
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

At least he didn't go "Adibese" on him, if you know what I mean. That would have been a real shocker.

How did they originall capture Gale?
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #1682
chinaski
College Prospect

You click the TV's in order and it unsurprisingly it takes this many clicks for each one (in order) to unlock the tv... 4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42. I wont go on as what else happens once you unlock the tv's.

Awesome episode last night. Ecko is the shit.

one thing really bugged me, theyre all trecking thru the jungle to go back to the hatch and its pitch dark. It was the middle of the day when they were on their way back when we left off. Hurley just sat around for 6 hours while Libby was off getting blankets?

Then i got too thinking, wtf happened to the man beast and the smoke snake thing? No one mentions it anymore, no ones afraid of the jungle anymore, its like that whole plot has been erased.

The HansoCorp commercial was really great addition.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #1683
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Then i got too thinking, wtf happened to the man beast and the smoke snake thing? No one mentions it anymore, no ones afraid of the jungle anymore, its like that whole plot has been erased.
Hopefully the writers realized what lame plot devices they were.

Expanding on what you said though - it is disappointing that the palpable terror you felt when the tailies were trekking through the jungle with Sawyer and Jin and Michael isn't there any more. It seems like the writers only make the jungle foreboding when it suits them. MORE TERROR!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #1684
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

and what about the black rock? and the poar bears? and the people buried in the cave?
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #1685
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow. I thought about that too when they were opening the hatch. The only explanation I could come up with was that Ecko scared it away.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #1686
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgadfly
I clicked a bunch on the spinning TVs and eventually they all lit up yellow and a "code" was revealed in the middle of them. Not sure what people are supposed to do with the code though.

You go to TheHansoFoundation.org and click the Newsletter signup button. Then you put the code into the screenname box.

Last edited by timmynausea : 05-11-2006 at 11:53 AM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #1687
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

WTF happened to Desmond? We saw him the first couple episodes this season, then nothing. I like the show, but it could be so much better if things weren't left out for so long.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 05-11-2006 at 11:54 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #1688
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
WTF happened to Desmond? We saw him the first couple episodes this season, then nothing. I like the show, but it could be so much better if things were left out for so long.

He commented on Salma Hayek the other day.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #1689
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
You go to TheHansoFoundation.org and click the Newsletter signup button. Then you put the code into the screenname box.

ooh nice catch. I got the message, but dont know the password. I never saw a phone number for customer service in the hanso commercial, did i miss that?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #1690
chinaski
College Prospect

ok i found it, had to scan the episode with the tivo...
1-877-HANSORG (426-7674)

Ive called it, ive yet to find the password.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #1691
timmynausea
College Starter

I hadn't gone back to get the number yet. I will give it a call.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #1692
timmynausea
College Starter

I got the password. You just have to press 1 for general information, and it is among the proceeding messages.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #1693
DanGarion
Coordinator

The code on sublymonal was "Heir Apparent" I'm not sure of capitalization.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #1694
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I got the password. You just have to press 1 for general information, and it is among the proceeding messages.
All I got was blinking ????
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #1695
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:

weird, the first time i listened to it, the message from her didnt play. i just got the full address of the company. I still cant make it out, could you pm it too me?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #1696
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
weird, the first time i listened to it, the message from her didnt play. i just got the full address of the company. I still cant make it out, could you pm it too me?

PM sent.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #1697
chinaski
College Prospect

nm, i got it from Dan
Old 05-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #1698
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Poor Libby.

Her whole backstory with Hurley is for nothing now.

Also from May 1 to June 30 you can watch episodes free at www.abc.com
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:54 AM   #1699
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

a friend of mine heard talk somewhere that the dude in the orientation videos was missing an arm in the earlier video, but had both in the latest one.

I went back and watched the older video (thanks tivo), and sure enough, something is up with his arm. it's not clear if he's missing it, it's broken under his labcoat, or it's just hanging at his side, but it definitely looked "odd".
Old 05-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #1700
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
a friend of mine heard talk somewhere that the dude in the orientation videos was missing an arm in the earlier video, but had both in the latest one.

I went back and watched the older video (thanks tivo), and sure enough, something is up with his arm. it's not clear if he's missing it, it's broken under his labcoat, or it's just hanging at his side, but it definitely looked "odd".

Yeah, my friends and I were all very big on the 1-arm theory on the original video... things are clearly different in this video. One of the better episodes of the year.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote