Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1651
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
IT seems to me barkeep was a bodyguard.

And for what it's worth Daddy Torgo's vote seems very suspicous to me since he is someone who has gotten alot of heat

Barkeep was very clearly in training. And he wasn't even a bodyguard in training until I _said_ he was.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1652
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
IT seems to me barkeep was a bodyguard.

And for what it's worth Daddy Torgo's vote seems very suspicous to me since he is someone who has gotten alot of heat

lathum...the list of people who are unvouched for at nigh is quite small. and you're on that list. that's quite the reasonable reason to take a closer look at you.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1653
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
It's a possibility, but it doesn't add up in my mind.

Why would he even *mention* the conversion, then? There was the line about spilling the beans in case Tyrith had some extra info he was hiding, but if I'm Tyrith, and I have proof of a conversion, I'm spilling it all immediately. That's a confirmed wolf kill.

If Tyrith AND Blade are bad and in it together, again, why mention a black cloaked guy at atll? All that does is paint suspicion on yourselves.

Welcome to alternate logical theories, but I don't get it.

in the tombstone game I outed barkeep to gain everyone's trust and rode it all the way to a victory.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #1654
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I left hoping the mad dog blade would be able to track down what was up last night and came back to some mild blade accepting a suspicious story as ok.

Becuase tyrith saw what i saw, tyrith is the bodyguard, and you want me to believe either were both evil and told you about the black messenger for fun, or our bodyguard cant stop conversions from happening(making it the crappiest BG role ever)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1655
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
in the tombstone game I outed barkeep to gain everyone's trust and rode it all the way to a victory.

So....who's the bad guy outing the other bad guy here?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1656
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
lathum...the list of people who are unvouched for at nigh is quite small. and you're on that list. that's quite the reasonable reason to take a closer look at you.

go ahead and print your list then.

I am unvouched for because I am asleep in my room at night.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1657
Tyrith
College Starter

I can still see blade being bad, though. Why? Because very nearly got away today. I wasn't going to buy that the person in black was his servant; why would a servant be in black, and why would I care what he was dressed like? I'd recognize a servant. So someone visited him, he had to come up with an excuse. This excuse seems like it's worked pretty decently, until now.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1658
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

I just don't buy a musketeer avoiding a duel. If you add that to his claim of ineffective skills, I find it hard to accept Lathum as a musketeer.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #1659
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You outed barkeep when he was coming under heat. That would make sense if tyrith outed someone like CW. But outting me, who most people trusted? Come on lathum, thats not the same at all
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #1660
Tyrith
College Starter

Let me say this: according to my role PM, I see nothing that would stop a conversion from happening. I make up for it because I have a very high percentage to outright kill someone who I block.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #1661
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
go ahead and print your list then.

I am unvouched for because I am asleep in my room at night.

as am i. unlike you though, brian has seen me there.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #1662
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

going to have dinner now. My vote on Blade stands but I am still suspicous of CW.

I will say this, I will lose in a duel to anyone so if you think I am innocent I suggest we do the best to keep the vote close because we will learn nothing from a duel involving me.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #1663
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I just don't buy a musketeer avoiding a duel. If you add that to his claim of ineffective skills, I find it hard to accept Lathum as a musketeer.
Well if you dont buy one you dont buy the other. We have yet to see his ineffective skills, so i dont see how you factor that in to his lynch ducking being good or evil.
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #1664
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't buy a musketeer taking the duel there unless they have excellent skills because of blade's claims. The muskeeters are not these infinitely powerful swordsmen; barkeep killed one, and I'm pretty sure that if I got into a duel with one I'd kill them, too.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #1665
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Becuase tyrith saw what i saw, tyrith is the bodyguard, and you want me to believe either were both evil and told you about the black messenger for fun, or our bodyguard cant stop conversions from happening(making it the crappiest BG role ever)

Seems to me he did nothing to stop the attempt that you claim happened. I will admit it wouldn't be smart for you two to come up with this story, unless you thought somebody else had seen something.

Who was your other visitor? Or did you already say?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #1666
Tyrith
College Starter

Lathum being horribly unskilled would work well with his role, though.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #1667
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

As I understand Tyrith's story, it doesn't sound like he could have prevented anything other than a direct attack. I mean, if he saw someone come to your door and talk to you then it's pretty unlikely he would have all of a sudden gone "oh noes, a CONVERSION! I better do something!".

Not to say that happened, of course, but I don't believe from his own description that he could prevent a conversion.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #1668
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Seems to me he did nothing to stop the attempt that you claim happened. I will admit it wouldn't be smart for you two to come up with this story, unless you thought somebody else had seen something.

Who was your other visitor? Or did you already say?

My servant, who i gave my orders to at the beginning of the night and he returned in the morning with the results of his searching through the documents.
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #1669
Tyrith
College Starter

Damnit. We have to decide on some sort of a course of action here....okay, my thoughts on all the people up for grabs:

-Blade: He could be bad. I don't have any clue. It'd be one of the best played games in WW history if he is. But I really don't want to lynch him today, and the alternative--me dueling him--is worse, because if I lost it wouldn't tell you jack.
-Lathum: Well, he saw the whole blade scenario before I did, but I think he's being at best paranoid. If he's bad it's not a bad play to get us to try to lynch blade today -- which I will not help you in.
-CW: I think he probably won his duel because Jonathan was also spectacularly average. Could he be lying? Sure.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #1670
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
As I understand Tyrith's story, it doesn't sound like he could have prevented anything other than a direct attack. I mean, if he saw someone come to your door and talk to you then it's pretty unlikely he would have all of a sudden gone "oh noes, a CONVERSION! I better do something!".

Not to say that happened, of course, but I don't believe from his own description that he could prevent a conversion.

This pretty much summarizes it. My protectee isn't aware of my presence. I can't just sneak up and overhear what they're talking about...they can live their life as if I wasn't there, unless someone is trying to kill them.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #1671
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So...I have not long before I have to go. Decision time.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #1672
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE LATHUM

You brought this upon yourself...

Who would want the seer who can hunt musketeers dead...i wonder?
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #1673
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Coffee Warlord
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #1674
path12
Coordinator

Problem is, if he was converted there's really nobody left who can scan him.

If he wasn't converted, has someone else? Since there's been two kills per night, probably not. If so, top suspects would likely be M. hoops and M. Fouts since they were sort of cleared early.

I feel pretty good not voting today for the following: M's & Mme's hoops, Blade, Tyrith, Fouts, BrianD, LSG, myself.

That leaves: M's st.cronin, DaddyTorgo, Lathum, ntndeacon and Coffee Warlord.

I need to decide in the next 15 minutes since I'll be out after work until after deadline.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #1675
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, hoops could still be a seer. He is the only person who hasnt claimed a role, so he could possibly scan me tonight.
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #1676
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my head hurts
Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 PM   #1677
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, hoops could still be a seer. He is the only person who hasnt claimed a role, so he could possibly scan me tonight.

True. The point is that I wouldn't want to vote you today without more proof because I don't want to lose your role. I suspect we'll know more about that tomorrow though, since you've got to be high on the list for both the good and bad guys around.

So back then to my list: I'll give M. st.cronin the benefit of the doubt for now since kills have been happening while he's been 'out' even though I don't consider him 100% good yet. M. DaddyTorgo was cleared by M. BrianD, and if there was a conversion attempt and a kill last night I think that bodes well for M. ntndeacon.

So that leaves M. Lathum and M. Coffee Warlord. Flip a coin:

VOTE M. COFFEE WARLORD

I don't even know if this will count if I lose the duel.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #1678
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alright, kids. I know a lot of you don't trust me, and frankly, there's not much reason for me to be trusted. But, for what it's worth, here's my vote, and my reasoning. Take it for what you will.

Throwing out any sense of logic and history for the moment and lookin at nothing but tone of "voice", I'm inclined to buy Lathum over Blade, despite the fact I've been trusting Blade for quite some time now. Blade went from cool and collected to instant panic/attack mode the second he was questioned. Now, it's Blade we're talking about here, but still. The analyzer in me says "wtf".

I wish I could stay and follow the next few hours, but as I like my woman more than I like any of you, I'm throwing this down now. Got some time left tonight, but not much.

Vote Blade
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #1679
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote blade
vote coffeewarlord

while I am not in love with this any duel that involves me is a losing proposition for all. If we lynch coffeewarlord today hopefully blade of someone can look at me tonight and we can move forward.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #1680
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote count?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #1681
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Throwing out any sense of logic and history for the moment and lookin at nothing but tone of "voice", I'm inclined to buy Lathum over Blade, despite the fact I've been trusting Blade for quite some time now. Blade went from cool and collected to instant panic/attack mode the second he was questioned. Now, it's Blade we're talking about here, but still. The analyzer in me says "wtf".

I don't disagree with this, and thought about going that way. For me, I need to get some kind of verification that he has been turned before killing off the only type of seer we know is still around in this game.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #1682
Tyrith
College Starter

I really, really want a lynch today. I also don't want to vote for blade today. There's a good chance blade isn't even _alive_ tomorrow. Lathum or CW, I'm really rather ambivalent, but I would like a majority.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #1683
Tyrith
College Starter

Coffee 3, Lathum 3, blade 1.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #1684
Tyrith
College Starter

No votes: hoops, LSG, Fouts, daddy, brian.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #1685
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Coffee 3, Lathum 3, blade 1.
Lathum 4 - Cronin, Tyrith, Blade, DT
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #1686
Tyrith
College Starter

Damnit, I missed the DT vote, where is it?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #1687
Blade6119
Coordinator

Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #1688
path12
Coordinator

I'm out. Mme. LSG, may the best guard win. God Bless the Cardinal!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #1689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I die tonight look at the early votes on me as suspects for tomorrow.

Blade, perhaps we can come to an agreement where we lnch CW today and move forward tomorrow. If I was a musketeer I would not have bought this much scrutiny on myself.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #1690
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Blade, perhaps we can come to an agreement where we lnch CW today and move forward tomorrow. If I was a musketeer I would not have bought this much scrutiny on myself.

Yeah...your attack on blade was pretty vicious seeing that you only had one vote at the time. And you brought up some good points....FINE, damnit. I'll deal with this all tomorrow somehow.

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE COFFEE WARLORD
Old 12-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #1691
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus, can we import a god damned seer from another game to scan me and be done with this?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #1692
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Jesus, can we import a god damned seer from another game to scan me and be done with this?

Blade can "scan" people. Ask him why he didn't scan you after last nights fight. You seemed the most suspicious after that win.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #1693
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Blade can "scan" people. Ask him why he didn't scan you after last nights fight. You seemed the most suspicious after that win.

Of which I wouldn't mind an answer to, let me tell you. I was sincerely hoping I woulda been cleared last night.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #1694
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Because he was dead man walking...he was the only person on everyones suspect list. Why waste a scan when hes going to die?
Demotivation
Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #1695
Fouts
College Starter

So who here has two traits?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #1696
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We are getting ready to watch Talladega nights so I will be out untill lynch, lets hope we do the right thing here
Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #1697
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Woman's here. Self preservation time, it seems. I know damn well I'm good. I know that not about anyone else. I'm frankly kind of wondering if Lathum and Blade didn't set this up between them to cement trust and off an easy target.

Unvote Blade
Vote Lathum
Old 12-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #1698
Fouts
College Starter

Blade can "scan" for musketeers, and has to challenge anyone doubting his word. Sounds like 2 traits to me. Anyone else?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #1699
hoopsguy
General Manager

Caught up. I have a role, but I'm not sure there is any positive to revealing it at this point in time. I think I've been pretty consistent in my posts saying I'm mediocre at everything so as not to put any kind of a target on my back.

If people don't consider me a strong candidate for today's lynch, then I would prefer to keep some level of mystery about what I may or may not be able to do. Let the bad guys come after me tonight if they think that helps their cause. Let them leave me as a topic of discussion for tomorrow - either way, I would prefer not to tip my hand and give them more information to base their attack.

That said, if pressed I'll release information that I hold.

Right now it looks like the vote is in position for us to get a majority, if need be ... just a vote switch or two on top of my vote for one of the leaders. Is the group satisfied that we will likely learn something from the duel tonight (likely dead Guard) and that the voting records are meaningful relative to skills shown in the duel?

I'm around for about ten minutes now and should be back at 8PM CST for the final hour.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #1700
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

While im not sure i believe you wouldnt bring this much scrutiny on yourself if evil(egypy anyone?), im willing to work with you here. CW was my top suspect coming into today, and despite your attacks that hasnt really changed.
Demotivation