Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #1651
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
Actually it's just a few clicks. Create new game -> click Major American League -> click start game -> Enter manager name -> select team -> Start.

That's it

Thanks!

Thanks to Sweed too... if it's not happening that much (waivers), I might take the plunge.

If I wanted to import my 6.51 career, how does it all setup in the new version? Meaning, minors and what not? I guess it would probably be better to start fresh I would imagine?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1652
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Ok Markus

I going to give 1.03 Demo a try and test it out this weekend.

I loved OOTP 6.5, so I am hoping it will bring me back.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1653
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Thanks!

Thanks to Sweed too... if it's not happening that much (waivers), I might take the plunge.

If I wanted to import my 6.51 career, how does it all setup in the new version? Meaning, minors and what not? I guess it would probably be better to start fresh I would imagine?

You can import your OOTP 6.5 league, but you'll lose some history, and if you want minor leagues the game has to fill up the minors with fictional players. But if you can live with that, it's all good
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #1654
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
When is the AI going to finally be fixed? Thats the main problem with ootp 2006.

This patch 1.03 doesnt address the AI problems with the game. The players getting sign and release, sign, release again,sign by the same team.

Quote:
Guess what, it does fix the problems you mentioned.

Whoa Markus - can we get this in writing? Oh sweet - this is in writing now.

I hope I don't have to dredge up this post in 1 month after finding the problem persists.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #1655
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
If you can find where I said the AI is good, please point it out. My only point is that you keep coming on here talking about how poor OOTP is when you've only played it for a few hours most likely. You don't own the game (I don't either) and you haven't really tested things out. The most you've done for the genre is cut and paste cross posts from other forums and whine about bad "ai" while you just copy posts from other people. It's like your a cross-post forum bot who is only capable of re-posting what other people say.

If you didn't buy the game and have no interest in doing so, why don't you start another thread on OOTP asking why people at FOFC don't like you, then cross-post it here again.

Snap.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #1656
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can import your OOTP 6.5 league, but you'll lose some history, and if you want minor leagues the game has to fill up the minors with fictional players. But if you can live with that, it's all good

Actually, I'll keep 6.51 on my pc and work with that career and if I hear the waivers isses have been fixed, I'll get 2006 and start a new career from there.

Thanks Markus!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #1657
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks!

Like Markus said it's a pretty easy process. There's a button to import your 6.X league, when you hit that the game will direct you to the select the file it needs from your v6 folder. It brings in your teams (including your minor league players), stadiums with their settings, career MLB stats, and probably more I can't think of right now. What is missing is career minor league stats and some history. Individual awards did come through for the players, as I can see what years Prior won the Cy Young award on his player card under accomplishments.

After you v6 league imports you'll need to have the game create your minor leagues. You can hit a button to add 5 levels at once (AAA-down to rookie A) but it is suggested with an import, from v6, for best player assignment to minors to add them one at a time. Simple enough just hit the add AAA button, then AA, the A, etc. The game will assign your players to a level it thinks is appropriate. The game will then start on Jan 1, at that time be sure to check where the AI put your imported players and adjust befor moving to Jan 2.

One cool thing is to save your setup in a template. Before you hits start game be sure to do this. This will save all of your settings, rules, modifiers etc so if you want to start over you can without having to re-enter the information. It's also very useful in the fact that before starting I renamed all
the minor league teams to their real names. Took about 2 hours but with the template I won't have to do it again if I start over with my 6.5x imported league.

You may also want to use the template feature as you build your league. There's no limit on saving them and you can give each a different name. So you could start to build you league and if you have to quit just load the template and pick up where you left off. Or if your not sure you want 5 ML levels you could save a template after adding AAA-A as one name. Go back and add Short A and Rookie A and save to another name.

With regard to player movement, like I said, it's mostly scrubs that I find moving around in the minors or that get released while sign\release is not even a real issue in my game for non-scrubs. Waivers at the MLB level or highly rated players is almost nonexistent in my league. My game templat was created way back in 12260 so I might even be seeing more movement (sign\release scrubs at low ML levels) than guys that created games with later builds. I know a few of the "hard" critics posted in the beta forum that they aren't seeing a lot of sign\release or waiver movement in their leagues.

Like I said I'm enjoying the game and feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

If you haven't used your demo time then give it a go. If you have maybe PM Marc Duffy, perhaps he can set you up with something again (worth a try).

If you don't try it this year make sure to give it a good look next year.

Sweed
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #1658
stevew
Hall Of Famer

puresim probably the better game this year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #1659
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
puresim probably the better game this year.
shut up asswhite
Old 08-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #1660
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Like Markus said it's a pretty easy process. There's a button to import your 6.X league, when you hit that the game will direct you to the select the file it needs from your v6 folder. It brings in your teams (including your minor league players), stadiums with their settings, career MLB stats, and probably more I can't think of right now. What is missing is career minor league stats and some history. Individual awards did come through for the players, as I can see what years Prior won the Cy Young award on his player card under accomplishments.

After you v6 league imports you'll need to have the game create your minor leagues. You can hit a button to add 5 levels at once (AAA-down to rookie A) but it is suggested with an import, from v6, for best player assignment to minors to add them one at a time. Simple enough just hit the add AAA button, then AA, the A, etc. The game will assign your players to a level it thinks is appropriate. The game will then start on Jan 1, at that time be sure to check where the AI put your imported players and adjust befor moving to Jan 2.

One cool thing is to save your setup in a template. Before you hits start game be sure to do this. This will save all of your settings, rules, modifiers etc so if you want to start over you can without having to re-enter the information. It's also very useful in the fact that before starting I renamed all
the minor league teams to their real names. Took about 2 hours but with the template I won't have to do it again if I start over with my 6.5x imported league.

You may also want to use the template feature as you build your league. There's no limit on saving them and you can give each a different name. So you could start to build you league and if you have to quit just load the template and pick up where you left off. Or if your not sure you want 5 ML levels you could save a template after adding AAA-A as one name. Go back and add Short A and Rookie A and save to another name.

With regard to player movement, like I said, it's mostly scrubs that I find moving around in the minors or that get released while sign\release is not even a real issue in my game for non-scrubs. Waivers at the MLB level or highly rated players is almost nonexistent in my league. My game templat was created way back in 12260 so I might even be seeing more movement (sign\release scrubs at low ML levels) than guys that created games with later builds. I know a few of the "hard" critics posted in the beta forum that they aren't seeing a lot of sign\release or waiver movement in their leagues.

Like I said I'm enjoying the game and feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

If you haven't used your demo time then give it a go. If you have maybe PM Marc Duffy, perhaps he can set you up with something again (worth a try).

If you don't try it this year make sure to give it a good look next year.

Sweed

Excellent post, thanks!!

After 1.3 is released, if that issue is indeed gone (not that I don't believe you), and the game is in fact in good shape, I'm sure I'll purchase it. It's a good time too, since I'm a seasonal player and with the playoffs around the corner, I could dig pretty deep into the game.

Any mod names you can think of like the logos in Markus's screenshot, pictures, roster file (real) and anything else you can think of?

I think I will start a new career if I get 2006 just to start fresh and I'll keep my 6.51 career to play as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #1661
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
shut up asswhite

Please stop causing problems...

wait.. we've already done this routine in this thread, haven't we?
Old 08-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #1662
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Please stop causing problems...

wait.. we've already done this routine in this thread, haven't we?
Full circle, baby. Full circle.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #1663
DanGarion
Coordinator

Now if only they would let you import current version leagues into the game... I would love it. IE the ability to import OOTP2006 leagues into other leagues. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult since you can import 6.x games.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...76#post1849076

Last edited by DanGarion : 08-30-2006 at 03:22 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #1664
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Excellent post, thanks!!

After 1.3 is released, if that issue is indeed gone (not that I don't believe you), and the game is in fact in good shape, I'm sure I'll purchase it. It's a good time too, since I'm a seasonal player and with the playoffs around the corner, I could dig pretty deep into the game.

Any mod names you can think of like the logos in Markus's screenshot, pictures, roster file (real) and anything else you can think of?

I think I will start a new career if I get 2006 just to start fresh and I'll keep my 6.51 career to play as well.

The only mod I've used is Comedian2004's "Auto-face", you can find it here..

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=126580

The photo folder is over 200 mb but once it was d'loaded it took this little gem of a program a minute or two to give over 6,500 players in my league a photo. It's good for fictional, real, and historical gaming and easy to use.

I believe on his site he also has a logo mod that lets you add logos to your game very easily. Haven't used it myself as I already had my logos done before he released the mod.

Here's a link to the face-tool that Markus used in his screenshot. Haven't tried it but it does look interesting.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=118171

I've only played with my 6.5x league so haven't tried the roster mods but the best one I know of is CubbyFans, made by him and Erich (Rolen17 to those that have been around awhile). Should be able to find a link in here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=129243 somewhere to d'load the file. Looking at the last page of the thread it appears he has everyone rated down through AAA but some are having trouble getting his link to work at rapidshare. Sorry but that's as much as I know about it.

Ballpark photos worked from v6 so I just brought mine over though I had to replot player locations on the fields. Some of that had to do with importing to a new game and some was due to going from a 1024x768 monitor to a lcd with 1280x1024 resolution.

Quote:

That's cool, totally understand what you are saying. The other side is I certainly don't want to convince you to buy something you won't be happy with. I think one thing we all learn on these boards is that something that is acceptable to one guy is a gamebreaker to another. The last thing I want you to do is buy it only becasue of my posts. Wait for the buzz after the final 1.03, get a demo if you can or maybe someone can post some html reports for you and others to look over. Sorry I don't know how (on the computer challenged learn as I go plan) and if I did I don't have anywhere to do it.

Later,
Sweed
Old 08-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #1665
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
If you can find where I said the AI is good, please point it out. My only point is that you keep coming on here talking about how poor OOTP is when you've only played it for a few hours most likely. You don't own the game (I don't either) and you haven't really tested things out. The most you've done for the genre is cut and paste cross posts from other forums and whine about bad "ai" while you just copy posts from other people. It's like your a cross-post forum bot who is only capable of re-posting what other people say.

If you didn't buy the game and have no interest in doing so, why don't you start another thread on OOTP asking why people at FOFC don't like you, then cross-post it here again.

You know I try to take jb for what he is and just ignore a lot of what he posts.
However in his famous "why nobody like me post" I wrote a post but never hit the submit reply button. It's erie how similar it was to the bolded part of your post.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #1666
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Here's a link to the face-tool that Markus used in his screenshot. Haven't tried it but it does look interesting.

I'm using FaceTool mod and it really is amazing.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #1667
Fouts
College Starter

Two things I'd like to see;

1) Manager/Coach stat tracking - I wish OOTP 2006 tracked manager stats like FM and EHM, and it was difficult for manager to move up the minors to manage in the majors. Hopefully, the next version will do that.

2) Roster limits/minor league DL - I enjoy managing my way up in the minor leagues, but the unlimited rosters of the bottom level of the minors (or reserve rosters, if no minor leagues) bugs me.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #1668
Fouts
College Starter

Here's a question for somebody in the know;

I am managing a short-season A club. I had SP Guo-fang Li, who was dominating the league 5-1, 2.28 in 47IP. He was promoted, pitched well, and then released. His potential ratings weren't very good, but his current ratings were fine for the lower level minors.

The question is; if I had player potential ratings off, would this guy still be pitching somewhere? Would the computer AI still see potentials and cut this guy loose?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:16 AM   #1669
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Two things I'd like to see;

1) Manager/Coach stat tracking - I wish OOTP 2006 tracked manager stats like FM and EHM, and it was difficult for manager to move up the minors to manage in the majors. Hopefully, the next version will do that.

2) Roster limits/minor league DL - I enjoy managing my way up in the minor leagues, but the unlimited rosters of the bottom level of the minors (or reserve rosters, if no minor leagues) bugs me.

These are very good suggestions and will certainly make it into OOTP 2007
Old 08-31-2006, 03:18 AM   #1670
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Here's a question for somebody in the know;

I am managing a short-season A club. I had SP Guo-fang Li, who was dominating the league 5-1, 2.28 in 47IP. He was promoted, pitched well, and then released. His potential ratings weren't very good, but his current ratings were fine for the lower level minors.

The question is; if I had player potential ratings off, would this guy still be pitching somewhere? Would the computer AI still see potentials and cut this guy loose?

Yes, it would. When you switch the ratings "off", you only keep them from displaying. They still exist and the AI uses them.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 AM   #1671
Fouts
College Starter

Thank you for the answers.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:01 AM   #1672
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes, it would. When you switch the ratings "off", you only keep them from displaying. They still exist and the AI uses them.

Please Markus, give us again the Player evaluation AI setup %. I loved that feature as you could setup how do you wanted the AI to value the players. When i play without ratings, only with stats, i want the AI doing the same. Also i always like to give a good % to stats for more realism, in real life there are over and under archievers that are valued by their stats not only by their potentials. Right now the AI will ignore those players with average ratings having one monster season stats wise.

Last edited by Icy : 08-31-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 AM   #1673
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Please Markus, give us again the Player evaluation AI setup %. I loved that feature as you could setup how do you wanted the AI to value the players. When i play without ratings, only with stats, i want the AI doing the same. Also i always like to give a good % to stats for more realism, in real life there are over and under archievers that are valued by their stats not only by their potentials. Right now the AI will ignore those players with average ratings having one monster season stats wise.

That'll return in OOTP 2007 as well. I thought a fixed distribution would aviod confusion, but it looks like it backfired
Old 08-31-2006, 04:21 AM   #1674
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
That'll return in OOTP 2007 as well. I thought a fixed distribution would aviod confusion, but it looks like it backfired

Great news

Old 08-31-2006, 07:17 AM   #1675
Drake
assmaster

Fantastic. Like Icy, I really enjoyed being able to set the evaluation criteria in OOTP6.x.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #1676
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only mod I've used is Comedian2004's "Auto-face", you can find it here..

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=126580

The photo folder is over 200 mb but once it was d'loaded it took this little gem of a program a minute or two to give over 6,500 players in my league a photo. It's good for fictional, real, and historical gaming and easy to use.

I believe on his site he also has a logo mod that lets you add logos to your game very easily. Haven't used it myself as I already had my logos done before he released the mod.

I've only played with my 6.5x league so haven't tried the roster mods but the best one I know of is CubbyFans, made by him and Erich (Rolen17 to those that have been around awhile). Should be able to find a link in here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=129243 somewhere to d'load the file. Looking at the last page of the thread it appears he has everyone rated down through AAA but some are having trouble getting his link to work at rapidshare. Sorry but that's as much as I know about it.

Ballpark photos worked from v6 so I just brought mine over though I had to replot player locations on the fields. Some of that had to do with importing to a new game and some was due to going from a 1024x768 monitor to a lcd with 1280x1024 resolution.

That's cool, totally understand what you are saying. The other side is I certainly don't want to convince you to buy something you won't be happy with. I think one thing we all learn on these boards is that something that is acceptable to one guy is a gamebreaker to another. The last thing I want you to do is buy it only becasue of my posts. Wait for the buzz after the final 1.03, get a demo if you can or maybe someone can post some html reports for you and others to look over. Sorry I don't know how (on the computer challenged learn as I go plan) and if I did I don't have anywhere to do it.

Later,
Sweed

Again, thanks!! I appreciate all your help.

I assume you can use this face-tool with real player photos as well? Meaning, when you run it, will it overwrite current real player photos?

Thanks again!!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #1677
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Final OOTP 2006 1.0.3 feature/fixes list by Markus. Coming out tommorrow.

Quote:
Final OOTP 2006 1.0.3 feature/fixes list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here is the final list folks:

- Improved player development & aging algorythms
- Improved roster management AI
- Added player overall and potential rating to player profile screen
- Added all league reports into a submenu within the league main menu
- Added "Schedule" to the tabs of the team screens
- Added an info message that informs managers if staff members are leaving the team after the season
- Added an info message that informs managers when players retire
- Improved both the broadcast and webcast game screens
- Coaches & scouts may now refuse 'demotion' to minor league jobs
- Commissioners may now retire or unretire players manually
- Added AI lineup selection options to the game setup, traditional (weighting overall ratings/stats more than splits) and sabermetric (depending solely on split ratings/stats)
- When promoting a player to the active roster, he is automatically added to the 40-man roster if there is room
- Players with a major league contract who are on DFA and no longer on the 40-man roster and cleared waivers may now be assigned to the minor leagues
- Added the option to only display qualifiers in the sortable player list within the league statistics screen
- Improved importing of historical stealing ratings
- Tweaked development of market size, fan loyalty and fan interest
- Fixed allstar game date editing
- Fixed rescheduling of allstar game problem
- Fixed coaches causing staff expenses when leaving the team
- The "force trade" option now handles waiver trades properly
- Fixed several play-by-play issues
- Tweaked contract values earned through salary arbitration
- Improved AI in terms of a salary cap
- Fixed HTML bug on team leaderboards report
- The "Download league files" menu button will now be shown for commishes, too
- Tweaked injury system, increasing the amount of day-to-day injuries
- Removed protection of traded draft picks
- Added a "clear schedule" function to the schedule editor
- Fixed Mac problems with online leagues
- Tweaked closer usage in order to give them a few more innings pitched
- Tiebreakers now occur in leagues without playoffs as well
- Added a "Offer all minor league free agents minor league contract extensions" function to the teams' possible free agent screen

#2414 - Fixed amateur draft scheduling problems when importing real schedules
#2427 - Fixed display of fielding stats in player lists
#2430 - Erasing the service time now resets option years properly
#2023 - Fixed minor league contract extensions
#2288 - Fixed holds recording in played out games
#2451 - Stats leader team now identified in top 5 players boxes
#2487 - Schedule in reports doesn't display ASG from wrong league
#2512 - Team fielding report shows passed balls now
#2446 - Fixed improper use of quotes bug in teams.csv dump
#2525 - Corrected number of reports in CSV export screen
#2465 - CSV output uses comma now, change delimiter in /data/config/app (sqldump_csv_delimiter) if needed
#2469 - Added error message HTML page for "missing" files
#2505 - Fixed potential ratings link on team page
#2530 & 2531 - CSV data dump headers are comma separated now, too
#2528 - Removed needless fields from human managers data dump
#2535 - Removed needless tables from data dump; fixed league_events bug

We'll try to release this patch tomorrow
I really feel that this version puts OOTP 2006 into a brilliant state!

Cheers,
Markus
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1678
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Final OOTP 2006 1.0.3 feature/fixes list by Markus. Coming out tommorrow.
Why are you so interested in a game that you don't like or care about?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #1679
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Why are you so interested in a game that you don't like or care about?

Because up to this point I wasn't.

I said I am going to try the demo 1.03 out this weekend and see how it is.

And some are interest here, so I provided the infomation.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #1680
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Because up to this point I wasn't.

I said I am going to try the demo 1.03 out this weekend and see how it is.

And some are interest here, so I provided the infomation.
Well I'm glad to hear you are going to give the new demo a shot. It just seems weird to continually post updates regarding the game, if you don't have interest in it, regardless if there are others in the community that do have interest. Seems like it's time you could spend doing something else you actually have interest in. But that's just my opinion.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:46 AM   #1681
Marc Duffy
SI Games

1.0.3 Build 12270 now available

Download patch (PC & Mac)
http://www.ootpbaseball2006.com/down...=download&id=8

Download try and buy demos (PC & Mac)
http://www.ootpbaseball2006.com/down...=download&id=1

New features and functionality

- Added a "Offer all minor league free agents minor league contract extensions" function to the teams' possible free agent screen
- Added player overall and potential rating to player profile screen
- Added all league reports into a submenu within the league main menu
- Added "Schedule" to the tabs of the team screens
- Added an info message that informs managers if staff members are leaving the team after the season
- Added an info message that informs managers when players retire
- Added AI lineup selection options to the game setup, traditional (weighting overall ratings/stats more than splits) and sabermetric (depending solely on split ratings/stats)
- Added a "clear schedule" function to the schedule editor

- Improved player development & aging algorithms
- Improved roster management AI
- Improved both the broadcast and webcast game screens
- Coaches & scouts may now refuse 'demotion' to minor league jobs
- Commissioners may now retire or unretire players manually
- When promoting a player to the active roster, he is automatically added to the 40-man roster if there is room
- Players with a major league contract who are on DFA and no longer on the 40-man roster and cleared waivers may now be assigned to the minor leagues
- Added the option to only display qualifiers in the sortable player list within the league statistics screen
- Improved importing of historical stealing ratings
- Tweaked development of market size, fan loyalty and fan interest
- Fixed allstar game date editing
- Fixed rescheduling of allstar game problem
- Fixed coaches causing staff expenses when leaving the team
- The "force trade" option now handles waiver trades properly
- Fixed several play-by-play issues
- Tweaked contract values earned through salary arbitration
- Improved AI in terms of a salary cap
- Fixed HTML bug on team leaderboards report
- The "Download league files" menu button will now be shown for commishes, too
- Tweaked injury system, increasing the amount of day-to-day injuries
- Removed protection of traded draft picks
- Fixed Mac problems with online leagues
- Tweaked closer usage in order to give them a few more innings pitched
- Tiebreakers now occur in leagues without playoffs as well

#2023 - Fixed minor league contract extensions
#2288 - Fixed holds recording in played out games
#2414 - Fixed amateur draft scheduling problems when importing real schedules
#2427 - Fixed display of fielding stats in player lists
#2430 - Erasing the service time now resets option years properly
#2446 - Fixed improper use of quotes bug in teams.csv dump
#2465 - CSV output uses comma now, change delimiter in /data/config/app (sqldump_csv_delimiter) if needed
#2469 - Added error message HTML page for "missing" files
#2505 - Fixed potential ratings link on team page
#2512 - Team fielding report shows passed balls now
#2525 - Corrected number of reports in CSV export screen
#2528 - Removed needless fields from human managers data dump
#2530 & 2531 - CSV data dump headers are comma separated now, too
#2535 - Removed needless tables from data dump; fixed league_events bug

Last edited by Marc Duffy : 09-01-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #1682
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Allright ootp'ers, let's here how this patch is.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #1683
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Allright ootp'ers, let's here how this patch is.

Just wait for somebody quoting here every thread for every board and writting his opinions based on the stuff he has quoted again and again, why bother on playing a game when you can just get that info and judgue that way how's the AI??

Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #1684
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm just guessing here..........but I'll bet there are still lots of signings, released, signings, released, etc.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #1685
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
I'm just guessing here..........but I'll bet there are still lots of signings, released, signings, released, etc.

I was simming a year, but I have to leave the office for a bit. So far, it doesn't look bad. In fact, now that I've spent some good time with it, I'm liking the game quite a bit. It's much easier to navigate than EHM is for me and so much more information than 6.51 had. I do miss the shop a player feature though.

I'll get some more playing time in with the demo, but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this one.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #1686
DanGarion
Coordinator

So it says this is the "final" patch on the download site?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #1687
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
So it says this is the "final" patch on the download site?

Markus also said that in his post on here announcing the patch. They are going to work on 2007 now. Personally, I'll probably wait until 2007 to see how things progress.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #1688
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak

I have the same feeling.

I try out the demo this weekend.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:46 AM   #1689
Marc Duffy
SI Games

So JB, what did you think?
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:55 AM   #1690
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post

How's the AI?
Can i edit players in the game if i don't have my edit button back in FOFC?

Old 09-03-2006, 03:58 AM   #1691
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
How's the AI?
Can i edit players in the game if i don't have my edit button back in FOFC?

Why you being a jerk here?

In the NAFL FOF league your pretty cool over there.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #1692
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post

Big improvements since the first release demo.

Still playing it out and testing out the AI.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:15 AM   #1693
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Why you being a jerk here?

In the NAFL FOF league your pretty cool over there.

I also like more the NAFL's jbmagic than the one here.

Last edited by Icy : 09-03-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #1694
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm having a blast. With the MLB fictional quickstart, bogart's stadiums, truthserums logos, and the WONDERFUL facegen tool.. I'm having a lot of fun right now.

So far, definitly seems much improved since release.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #1695
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Is anyone else having major navigation issues? My mouse pointer is moving reallllly slllllowwwwllly, and I'm having to click on things several times...
Old 09-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #1696
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Now if only they would let you import current version leagues into the game... I would love it. IE the ability to import OOTP2006 leagues into other leagues. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult since you can import 6.x games.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...76#post1849076
I guess I'll have to take the blame for abandoning the game in it's horrific state that this essential feature was left out. Looks like you had to carry the rainwater all by yourself.

I'm absolutely baffled this feature wasn't included. Last night I decided to dive back into this one more time now that the game is "finished" and I had what I thought was a pretty simple goal -- major league teams and real minor league teams with full international background leagues (real or fictional names not important). This ended up being an absolute chore. First, there are so few quickstart and templates in the community, in part I'm sure because the game turned off many hardcore modders and that setting this stuff up is a PITA, hence why I was looking someone to do the work for me. Second, the construction of the game makes it difficult to achieve what you want from a custom league standpoint since once you start a league you're locked into that setup and can't alter it.

I could have done EXACTLY what I wanted to do if I used league creation to add international leagues and the import a full league file such as the Cubby/Rolen rosters. Instead, the only way I could eventually find to do I what is to use a world template file setup I found at the OOTP boards that is riddled with errors such as illegal odd numbers of teams in a league and leagues with an odd number of games that crash the scheduler. I'm sure I'll probably have some leagues with no action because of that error.

It seems like importing 2k6 leagues into a league setup file is a no-brainer. How was this left out? Clearly it was brought up.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #1697
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm having a blast. With the MLB fictional quickstart, bogart's stadiums, truthserums logos, and the WONDERFUL facegen tool.. I'm having a lot of fun right now.

So far, definitly seems much improved since release.

Thanks!

Where did you find all of these things? It seems like a lot of the links on OOTP's boards are to fileplanet and end up being down/broken links.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #1698
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Is anyone else having major navigation issues? My mouse pointer is moving reallllly slllllowwwwllly, and I'm having to click on things several times...

That happens to me often in Football Manager. In the 20 odd minutes of fooling around with the latest version of OOTP it didn't happen. I just don't have the time to figure out a whole new interface for a game. It just didn't feel intuitive to me.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #1699
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Where did you find all of these things? It seems like a lot of the links on OOTP's boards are to fileplanet and end up being down/broken links.

A lot of good stuff can be found here: http://www.ootpmodsquad.com/

The MLB quickstart I'm using contains the wonderful truthserum logos, the stadiums are over at modsquad and the face gen download is over on the mods forums. It will show version .9 or something when installing, but it's really the 1.0 version. I had a tad of trouble with it at first, but I finally have it working.

It goes into your fictional universe and creates player photos for every team and will also add that team's logos to the jersey's as well as use the team's colors. You run it at the beginning then after spring training and after the trade deadline, rinse and repeat. If a player is say, traded to another team - after this is ran again, it keeps the players face, but it updates their uniform to the correct team they are now on. I'm telling you it's one awesome tool.

I'm about to do a Skydog and sim about 10 years of history before digging into my new baseball universe!

** For those of you who are importing a 6.5 league, there is also a mod now available that will import all player history as well. **

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-03-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #1700
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post

Hmmm... I don't have that issue.. not sure what would cause that?