Old 05-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #1651
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

looks right Pass
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #1652
Passacaglia
Coordinator

After most of White seems content with its political campaign against Black for the time being, the pieces decide to re-focus on the wolf problem. While a sizable contingent still argues for oliegirl to go, the majority look at RendeR and point to the gallows. RendeR looks down, sighs, and accepts his fate. RendeR was a White Bishop and a villager! The night passes again with not much to speak of, but you awake to find that mccollins has not joined you. mccollins controlled four White Pawns!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #1653
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

GAH!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #1654
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

GAH!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #1655
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR was a villager? GAH indeed!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #1656
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
RendeR was a villager? GAH indeed!

Shush dead wolf boy!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #1657
KWhit
Coordinator

gAH!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #1658
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I screwed up guys. Sorry.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #1659
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

If you're able to PM with wolves, this game is jacked up. I hope you're referring to something else.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #1660
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Boom.

One time offer to the White King,

You still think you can win?

Our best shot at this is a stalemate.

Time is a ticking.

Holler back if you want to work out a deal to try and weed out the wolves. It's simple really. Let's not have this game put in the hands of the wolves via the vote. Everyone votes for you today, and you get to pick who you want to lynch... that way, no surprises, and 100% responsibility on your shoulders. Tomorrow, everyone votes for me, and same thing.

The game is placed in the hands of the two pieces that cannot die.

One time offer on the table, yes or no.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #1661
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I implore people to start thinking black/white though instead of wolves/village.

With that said though, I'm pretty sure I know who Jackal's comrade is. It's my partner, Narcizo. I implored him in private to protect mccollins, since collins was our ace in the hole about-to-be-queened.

So what happenes, Collins dies. Wolf wolf wolf.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #1662
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Boom.

One time offer to the White King,

You still think you can win?

Our best shot at this is a stalemate.

Time is a ticking.

Holler back if you want to work out a deal to try and weed out the wolves. It's simple really. Let's not have this game put in the hands of the wolves via the vote. Everyone votes for you today, and you get to pick who you want to lynch... that way, no surprises, and 100% responsibility on your shoulders. Tomorrow, everyone votes for me, and same thing.

The game is placed in the hands of the two pieces that cannot die.

One time offer on the table, yes or no.

Ha, says the guy who I've lined up for the kill.

Granted, I *thought* I had help here, but my partner next to you I don't think is on my side anymore.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #1663
The Jackal
Coordinator

The longer you leave olie alive, the less chance you have of winning.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1664
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The longer you leave olie alive, the less chance you have of winning.

Argh. Shove it wolf boy. That's enough outta you.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1665
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

NTN - Don't be a sucker and take Neon's idea.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #1666
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Ha, says the guy who I've lined up for the kill.

Granted, I *thought* I had help here, but my partner next to you I don't think is on my side anymore.

Catch me if you can.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #1667
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All PMs have been sent out. I'm going to make a deadline of 12 PM tomorrow for Day 7.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #1668
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
NTN - Don't be a sucker and take Neon's idea.

Don't be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #1669
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood.

Awesome movie, and I'm tempted to just end the game now and say Black wins just because you mentioned it, but I might as well let it play out fairly.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #1670
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Catch me if you can.

I'll get you my pretty!

PB - Did you get your pawns to the end and get new pieces?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #1671
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Awesome movie, and I'm tempted to just end the game now and say Black wins just because you mentioned it, but I might as well let it play out fairly.

I mean, whatever team you're on.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #1672
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Jackal

He says Render was a wolf. Render wasn't a wolf. Ergo - Jackal is a wolf.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #1673
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Argh. NTN and PB I need your thoughts here. We know a wolf, we know we need to remove olie.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #1674
RendeR
Coordinator

Nobody EVER listens to me.

Someday you MIGHT want to try it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #1675
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I implore people to start thinking black/white though instead of wolves/village.

With that said though, I'm pretty sure I know who Jackal's comrade is. It's my partner, Narcizo. I implored him in private to protect mccollins, since collins was our ace in the hole about-to-be-queened.

So what happenes, Collins dies. Wolf wolf wolf.

I haven't caught completely up but we have to go white-black and try to get the king.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #1676
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I haven't caught completely up but we have to go white-black and try to get the king.

We've got a King and a Rook (black) against a King, 2 rooks, 1 knight and whatever you convert into. Additionally the knight isn't going to help us and my guess is Narcizo is the 4th wolf and he won't help us. So basically it's me and you hunting down Neon while Olie tries to get NTN.

Can you see Olie's location from your spot?

NTN, can you?

If she's a bit away we might want to get Jackal or Narcizo. They could actually get in our way and impede our progress. For instance Narc is right near me, it's very possible he'll put himself between me and Neon and effectively be a black member anyhow. Ditto Jackal who I have no idea where he is on the board.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #1677
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Argh. NTN and PB I need your thoughts here. We know a wolf, we know we need to remove olie.

I'm gettin ready to leave but I'm tempted to go for the wolves so that we can get their votes off the board and try to get the king on the board. BUT oliegirl can protect him on the board. I think we're in a good bit of trouble here. I'll put up something longer later after I've thought about it.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #1678
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm gettin ready to leave but I'm tempted to go for the wolves so that we can get their votes off the board and try to get the king on the board. BUT oliegirl can protect him on the board. I think we're in a good bit of trouble here. I'll put up something longer later after I've thought about it.

Olie can't protect Neon. She and I have the same power and let's just say I stupidly tried that earlier.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #1679
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We've got a King and a Rook (black) against a King, 2 rooks, 1 knight and whatever you convert into. Additionally the knight isn't going to help us and my guess is Narcizo is the 4th wolf and he won't help us. So basically it's me and you hunting down Neon while Olie tries to get NTN.

Can you see Olie's location from your spot?

NTN, can you?

If she's a bit away we might want to get Jackal or Narcizo. They could actually get in our way and impede our progress. For instance Narc is right near me, it's very possible he'll put himself between me and Neon and effectively be a black member anyhow. Ditto Jackal who I have no idea where he is on the board.

Believe it or not, I don't see anybody black. I'm hoping to see Neon after he moves in the next turn and will scan his location with my pawn. We'll see. I do see both white rooks: B7 and D6 but that's it.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #1680
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Believe it or not, I don't see anybody black. I'm hoping to see Neon after he moves in the next turn and will scan his location with my pawn. We'll see. I do see both white rooks: B7 and D6 but that's it.

Ok cool, if you have a queen then, I think we've got a shot at taking this just you and I.

That begs the question though. Narcizo is the player most in our way possibly. He could actually flip the script and defend Neon in hopes of delaying us and Jackal could be down by NTN defending him against Olie.

I'm almost certain Narcizo is the 4th wolf (more on that later), we could take him out now leaving us unimpeded to swipe at Neon while Jackal presumably fends off Olie for us. He doesn't want to see NTN die any more than we do.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #1681
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I would rather get the confirmed wolf, Jackal, and go from there. I'm either voting Jackal or Olliegirl and am more likely to vote Jackal I think.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #1682
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Regarding Narcizo's wolfiness:

- Voted KWhit instead of hoops on Day one, albeit I made the same mistake, so I can't really hold this against him

- He actually suggested in PM to me when Anxiety was outed that Qwik and Cronin were wolves 3 and 4. He alluded to this a few pages back. Kinda strange he'd mention those two given they were the next two night kills after Qwik caught Anxiety.

- The whole debacle on his ability to protect against wolf attack, yet the ONE player we MOST should have protected, who he TOLD me he was protecting ends up dying. That alone sealed it for me. I've been back-and-forth on him all game, hesitant to even share my board position with him, but when he did this, it cemented it in my mind.

I'm not 100% sure taking him out first makes the most sense, but I'm pretty sure his and Jackal's plan once White had the major advantage was to split up and defend the kings manually. Hence Jackal stays near NTN and Narc makes his move up the left towards Neon. My guess is now he'll get in the way or our snipes at Neon.

Of course, I could be all wrong here, but for me it boils down to the fact that either him, you or Olie are the last wolf and I can't imagine it's olie and you've been slightly (very slightly) less wolfy than he has.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #1683
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I would rather get the confirmed wolf, Jackal, and go from there. I'm either voting Jackal or Olliegirl and am more likely to vote Jackal I think.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm trusting you more than him at the moment. I'll put this in now and think on it overnight

Vote The Jackal
Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #1684
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Heinz, RendeR and Jackal each claimed each other as wolves, right? That means one of them has to be a wolf. Am I recalling this correctly?

Current vote:

vote the Jackal
Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #1685
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Heinz, RendeR and Jackal each claimed each other as wolves, right? That means one of them has to be a wolf. Am I recalling this correctly?

Current vote:

vote the Jackal

Yeah, you have it right. Don't get me wrong, Jackal has got to be 100% wolf. I was just trying to think a step ahead.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #1686
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

No, I agree but we were so sure about RendeR, let's just get the one we now know and lay off of olliegirl for now.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #1687
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, prolly right

I'm outta here until tomorrow AM, peace out homies.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 AM   #1688
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I am loving all this strategy talk.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 AM   #1689
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am loving all this strategy talk.

Hi Neon,

Ahhh, at least somebody is enjoying it. Although I'm sure the wolves are too since they had us running in circles yesterday. Maybe we can do better today. Of course, it is in all of our best interest to dump one wolf, after that, things get interesting. Although I'm doubting that I'm allowed to live through the rest of today.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #1690
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hi Neon,

Ahhh, at least somebody is enjoying it. Although I'm sure the wolves are too since they had us running in circles yesterday. Maybe we can do better today. Of course, it is in all of our best interest to dump one wolf, after that, things get interesting. Although I'm doubting that I'm allowed to live through the rest of today.

Keep an eye on jeheinz.

He still thinks that White can slam dunk this, when it's clear that the Wolves are creeping ever so closer to a win.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard back from ntn regarding my one-time offer on the table.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #1691
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with you Neon, we're all (white, black, and villager) in precarious situations.

7 players left: 5 white (2 wolves likely, 3 non-wolves), 2 black

Assuming we lynch the wolf and they night kill a white piece (I'm thinking me), we're at 3 white (1 wolf), 2 black. Then I would MUCH rather see the remaining pieces get that last wolf and play chess the rest of the way.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #1692
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm afraid I've been very confused by the course of today's events and this has put me off. I screwed up protecting mccollins because I thought that I was going to be targeted because I'm paranoid. I also gave heinz every reason to believe that I'm a wolf in a couple of PMs and understand that (if he's a villager) he thinks I'm a wolf. I shall do my best to capture the king but realise that no-one is going to listen to me.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #1693
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm afraid I've been very confused by the course of today's events and this has put me off. I screwed up protecting mccollins because I thought that I was going to be targeted because I'm paranoid. I also gave heinz every reason to believe that I'm a wolf in a couple of PMs and understand that (if he's a villager) he thinks I'm a wolf. I shall do my best to capture the king but realise that no-one is going to listen to me.

Narcizo, I have not written you off yet, I'm still deciding who the other wolf is. Focusing now on getting the one wolf we do know would probably be a big point in your favor though.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #1694
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Looks like not much overnight.

Narc, I got your PM. If you're a villager in this mess, not only would I be shocked but the non-block on Collins cost us the game. We would've had Collins and PB on row 8, you on 7 and me on 6. It woulda been Crocodile DoneDeal there my friend. Once the two pawn guys (just one of them really) get queened we had/have Neon mated.

Now it's me on 6 and just PB on 8 (who I think is the other villager). Neon can use that gap in the middle.

PB, if you got queened, I need to know. It'll greatly impact my next move as we head for Neon.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #1695
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just another reminder that deadline is 12 PM Eastern today -- in less than two hours.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #1696
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Vote count:

Quote:
The Jackal -- Narcizo (1672), jeheinz72 (1683), PurdueBrad (1684)
Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #1697
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Vote jeheinz72
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #1698
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Vote jeheinz72

??

Here I am man voting out a white piece and you're voting for me? Huh?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #1699
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
??

Here I am man voting out a white piece and you're voting for me? Huh?

I think he's more threatened by your position on the board, which might be a clue that we should stop talking board positioning for a while (which is my fault since I discussed mine earlier as well).
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #1700
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think he's more threatened by your position on the board, which might be a clue that we should stop talking board positioning for a while (which is my fault since I discussed mine earlier as well).

True, that makes sense. Though he can see me, easily, so it can't hurt me. Plus, he can't kill me on the board.

Anyhow, PB, did you queen one of your pawns?