I didn't suspect hoops really
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #1652
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I didn't suspect hoops really
Then it was someone else...yesterday i mentioned about how i didnt have a reason to suspect hoops and so i suspected him...i was talking with someone...thought it was you...whoever it was, please step forward
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #1653
Raiders Army
Coordinator

There's like nobody participating, which makes this quite sad. I really don't know about hoops. I think we should go for Anxiety or path, but what the hell do I know at this point. I've had too much beer at this point to be of any use. Sorry everyone if hoops is a scientist. I'm leaving my vote there. See you in the morning.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #1654
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 2:1 was Saldana vs Barkeep (5-4) vote
Day 2:2 was Dubb getting scanned over a late push for Raiders. You are correct, I was referencing Day 3 there.

So if I was the Night 2 convert, then that seems like the strangest night to convert me. I put out a very long post (#1454) that I'm not going to quote entirely here on who I thought made sense to convert on a given night. On that night, the Things were desperate for a conversion after having lost two of their members. I'm almost positive that night would have been an UTR guy (that subset of the post below):

Quote:
Night 2 Thought Process:
Down to one Thing at this point, need to get a conversion. Don't know any special roles at this point except Barkeep (who just killed one of our members). Need to make sure that convert target is not guarded, is unlikely to be linked to Thing. Getting a special role is an added bonus, but not the driver. Dubb was cleared on this day.

Best Night 2 Targets:
WVUFAN (missed votes, get him or replacement player), Tanglewood (time zone challenges make him terrific UTR bad guy), Anxiety (first-time players generally get longer leash, has not called attention to himself yet)

On Day 3 I wasn't at all trying to sit it out, I was just arguing that the two-for-one deal that both sides seemed to be posting sounded like wishful thinking. And I repeatedly tried to get some kind of focus on "vote one without the other" arguments, but had no luck moving the vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #1655
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Day 2:1 was Saldana vs Barkeep (5-4) vote
Day 2:2 was Dubb getting scanned over a late push for Raiders. You are correct, I was referencing Day 3 there.

So if I was the Night 2 convert, then that seems like the strangest night to convert me. I put out a very long post (#1454) that I'm not going to quote entirely here on who I thought made sense to convert on a given night. On that night, the Things were desperate for a conversion after having lost two of their members. I'm almost positive that night would have been an UTR guy (that subset of the post below):

On Day 3 I wasn't at all trying to sit it out, I was just arguing that the two-for-one deal that both sides seemed to be posting sounded like wishful thinking. And I repeatedly tried to get some kind of focus on "vote one without the other" arguments, but had no luck moving the vote.
Heres your own argument against you. Converting any of those on night 2 will not help your team win...it might help them win, but the things left would still be pretty stranded as an UTR would have a hard time coming onto the radar to save someone without being noticed(WVU drew a lot of attention for a similar action). On night two, hoopsguy, a vet, talkative, wise, no heat, and semi cleared by brilliant makes perfect sense to me. If i was a thing on night 2, you would have been an excellent choice(depending on who the things were).

The fact your quote mentions all the under the radar guys as the best targets only reassures my statements:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
In my mind, with all of the loud players coming up clear someone is picking the quiet players. And i see hoops making that move as a thing.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #1656
mckerney
Coordinator

Unvote Blade

As much as I'd suspected him up until this point, I have to go with Coffee clearing him.

Not sure who my vote will go with now though.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #1657
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, if I'm a Thing then why don't I have people rushing to my defense? There should be a flock of them at my disposal, enough to offset a 3-2 deficit. I'll give you the short answer - because I'm not a Thing. And I hope that you will think about this if I'm still holding the most votes with 30 minutes left, 10 minutes left, and on down to the buzzer.

In terms of you not buying my argument for you earlier today as being my thinking on why I had not been converted ... other than the fact that you aren't moving your vote because of it, it doesn't really matter a ton to me whether or not you buy the argument. I'll explain.

What I have posted represents my thoughts at the time and the thirteen other players all have the opportunity to evaluate it on their own. You don't buy it? OK, and you have spoken with your vote. I'll argue my defense, but I won't go counter-point/counter-point from now until the deadline going down that path because it distracts both of us (well, certainly me) and others from going after a Thing.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #1658
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, if I'm a Thing then why don't I have people rushing to my defense? There should be a flock of them at my disposal, enough to offset a 3-2 deficit. I'll give you the short answer - because I'm not a Thing. And I hope that you will think about this if I'm still holding the most votes with 30 minutes left, 10 minutes left, and on down to the buzzer.
You state your own counter argument. Its 3-2...your by no means tested...its quite uncertain right now who will go. And just like day 3 where you sat back and just chilled while the vote went down. We have tested most of the talkative players...the assumption now is the majority of things are now quiet UTR players...as i said literally in my last post, it would be suicide for a UTR thing to come out gunning to save you right now. Since you seem content, i do as well...hows your day going?
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #1659
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hate it when I keep refreshing without realizing the thread has moved on to a new page.

I'm straddling the fence between hoops and Barkeep right now. If Blade and CW are working together, they are doing a great job. I have to believe that the bodyguard and/or witness have been keeping an eye on him, so I tend to believe they are probably both clean right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #1660
hoopsguy
General Manager

That last post just reminded me of an idea that I wanted to explore today - the late movement on the vote last night.

Who was involved with that?
3 contenders for votes: Dubb, Jeeber, Anxiety

Dubb - cleared by blood test
Jeeber - likely cleared by use of Duke role
Anxiety - hmmm

Who was switching votes last night?
Coffee Warlord - cleared as seer one day earlier
Anxiety - obviously interested party, never cleared
Me - I know I wasn't a Thing, but draw your own conclusions
mckerney - not a cleared party in any way
Blade - bystander promising to move votes if needed
Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #1661
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That last post just reminded me of an idea that I wanted to explore today - the late movement on the vote last night.

Who was involved with that?
3 contenders for votes: Dubb, Jeeber, Anxiety

Dubb - cleared by blood test
Jeeber - likely cleared by use of Duke role
Anxiety - hmmm

Who was switching votes last night?
Coffee Warlord - cleared as seer one day earlier
Anxiety - obviously interested party, never cleared
Me - I know I wasn't a Thing, but draw your own conclusions
mckerney - not a cleared party in any way
Blade - bystander promising to move votes if needed
Jeeber was there as a bystander as well...if you want to include me for just watching the madness, be fair and include jeeber. Neither of us was involved, but were both around.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #1662
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, in non-WW matters today was terrific. I was locked up this afternoon on a conference call where we locked up a big new client. I'm going to be busy doing work for them pretty much all of next month and potentially a ton for the remainder of the year.

One thing I want to make sure I understand - I'm likely to be a Thing because I would convert UTR players, but when I put out theories on people being converted I would list UTR players? That seems very counter-intuitive as I would expect a Thing to try and protect their own.

OK, going off the late vote stuff from yesterday, I don't understand why the Things would be involved with it late if they didn't have some vested interest in it. That leaves me with Blade, mckerney, and Anxiety as the most likely candidates. Anxiety is involved in the vote total and in the moved votes. He sticks out in that above list, as does Blade as a passer-by. There to protect his guy if needed, wanting to post in the thread because he doesn't want to draw attention for lurking.

I'll take my shot at an UTR player today, even though self-preservation dictates that I should vote for someone who already has votes.

VOTE ANXIETY
Old 04-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #1663
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think this is an interesting discussion and am not trying to hijack it at all, because these I think these are some valid questions that need to be asked.

But the quick bandwagon makes me a little wary, and I'll tell you why. CW has got to be a likely conversion target. If we assume there is a bodyguard, he was more than likely guarding CW two nights ago and might well not be able to guard him twice in a row. CW comes out today clearing Blade, who then charges after Hoops, whereupon CW follows him on the vote.

So my question is: Is it totally unrealistic to wonder if Blade converted CW last night?

Please feel free to shoot holes in this theory. It's just a weird feeling I'm getting.

That's exactly the theory behind my vote.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #1664
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, in non-WW matters today was terrific. I was locked up this afternoon on a conference call where we locked up a big new client. I'm going to be busy doing work for them pretty much all of next month and potentially a ton for the remainder of the year.

One thing I want to make sure I understand - I'm likely to be a Thing because I would convert UTR players, but when I put out theories on people being converted I would list UTR players? That seems very counter-intuitive as I would expect a Thing to try and protect their own.
Wrong, wrong, wrong

Remember the thing defending villagers so he looks good? They know who to defend and who to vote for to look good. Dubb touched on this before his exit, when he stated that as a thing he had the best voting record as he knew who to vote for to look good. In the sense of you defending villagers constantly, you constantly stating you suspect UTR guys looks genious when we finally test one and he comes up bad. You would be viewed as right all along and the best villager.

History has taught us the players who look the cleanest are often the ones most dirty.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #1665
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
That's exactly the theory behind my vote.

Well, I'll go along with you then.

VOTE COFFEE

You did vote Coffee, right?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #1666
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is impossible to argue when you will position either response A or response B as proof that I'm a Thing.

If I choose the correct option, then it is because I'm a Thing and I know the landscape.

If I choose the incorrect option, then it is because I'm a Thing and I'm trying to weaken the cause.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #1667
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
It is impossible to argue when you will position either response A or response B as proof that I'm a Thing.

If I choose the correct option, then it is because I'm a Thing and I know the landscape.

If I choose the incorrect option, then it is because I'm a Thing and I'm trying to weaken the cause.
Welcome to the life of every WW player EVER . Suck it up and be happy about your business deal (Congrats by the way!)
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #1668
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I'll go along with you then.

VOTE COFFEE

You did vote Coffee, right?
Im pretty sure he voted me actually
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #1669
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1666:

Barkeep - Anxiety (1610), JeeberD (1613)
Coffee - Cronin (1607), Path (1665)
Hoopsguy - Raiders (1632), Blade (1634), Coffee (1635)
Anxiety - Hoopsguy (1662)

Not voted: Tanglewood, Dubb, Swaggs, Barkeep, WVUFAN, mckerney
Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #1670
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Derrrrr, ignore me...pretty sure=wrong
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #1671
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I recognize the paradigm but there is no one who really considers A and B as equally wrong as much as you do when you post. I'm not sure you actually believe it, but your posts leave that impression.

I definitely have feelings on a "right/wrong" answer when I ask in-game questions and I'm usually pretty up front about it. Of course, I do reserve the right to re-evaluate as more info becomes available.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #1672
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong

Remember the thing defending villagers so he looks good? They know who to defend and who to vote for to look good. Dubb touched on this before his exit, when he stated that as a thing he had the best voting record as he knew who to vote for to look good. In the sense of you defending villagers constantly, you constantly stating you suspect UTR guys looks genious when we finally test one and he comes up bad. You would be viewed as right all along and the best villager.

History has taught us the players who look the cleanest are often the ones most dirty.

This is not true. Every game I've played it's been very easy to identify the bad guys through their votes, combined with other information. By the time you have about 4 votes, it becomes obvious who is a wolf.

Because of the conversion factor, it's less useful in this game.

knives out
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #1673
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, have to actually drive home to be around for the vote tonight. I've said my piece, put out my thoughts on where I would like to see the vote end up tonight. Traffic permitting, I'll be back for the last 30 minutes to see how this shakes out.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #1674
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I voted for CW, but I'll be around at the deadline, and am willing to move my vote if it will get one of you tested.

knives out
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #1675
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well so much for baseball. I mean why have practice when it's sunny outside? Jeez that was a bad call they made as right after they cancel it becomes sunny. Anyhow I'm here now. I scanned through today and see that you conspicuously lascivious half-wits have turned your gaze to me. Me and hoops. Now i've been asking myself why the fuck haven't I been converted? Are the Shitfaces opposed to profanity or something? But it kind of makes sense if they converted Hoops as a shitface early on. He's been a defender of me. I've been pretty fucking vocal about other people and hoops would like that UTR effect. He's a pretty fucking tempting target.

That said I still want to test the fuckers that we know jackshit about and have never the hell been cleared. I think there were good reasons for it yesterday and there are good reasons for it today so I'm gonna go ahead and

Vote Anxiety
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #1676
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I recognize the paradigm but there is no one who really considers A and B as equally wrong as much as you do when you post. I'm not sure you actually believe it, but your posts leave that impression.

I definitely have feelings on a "right/wrong" answer when I ask in-game questions and I'm usually pretty up front about it. Of course, I do reserve the right to re-evaluate as more info becomes available.
I view it that was as well. But you have to understand as well that in a game such as WW right and wrong are lines constantly crossed by both sides. 99% of the time, everyone will be horribly wrong and geniously right. In my mind, thats the normal player...utterly flawed, but ironically wise. Just this game almost everyone has been right about someone but wrong about another.

Thats where i find trouble with you. It has seemed, in not just your votes but all of your comments, that so far you have been nothing but right. You have doubted the attacks on the villagers and called for testing on UTR players all game. Now, at this juncture, we have tested almost all of the talkative players and they are coming up clean. Thats leaves us with the UTR players being the likely bad guys. Your pre-eminince(right usage?) of this leaves me questioning if you didnt have knowledge the rest of us didnt have. Like who all the things are/were...does that make any sense?
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #1677
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah Blade that makse some excellent fucking sense, I'll give you that. I have to think about just how right Hoops has been since you are so fucking right that it's easy to be right when you hold all the cards.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #1678
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
This is not true. Every game I've played it's been very easy to identify the bad guys through their votes, combined with other information. By the time you have about 4 votes, it becomes obvious who is a wolf.

Because of the conversion factor, it's less useful in this game.
Yes and no...All of the players with the worst voting records this game(got back to RA's list on day 3) have come up clean...in the Harry Potter game the best voting records belonged to the bad guys. It all depends on who the wolves are, and how they chose to play it. They can play it right or wrong, just like hoops said(not in a sense of good or bad play, but on who they vote for and their voting records). This game they seem to be playing it right...but trust me when i say voting records are not the damning piece you assume them to be. Its the reason we have gone 3 votes now without a thing
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #1679
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think we will only be able to make sense of voting records after the game. If we were to play this same ruleset again I think we'd see more use with voting records since we'd have some idea of how shitfaces would do it.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #1680
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Yeah Blade that makse some excellent fucking sense, I'll give you that. I have to think about just how right Hoops has been since you are so fucking right that it's easy to be right when you hold all the cards.
Its just seemed that way to me this game. I touched on it yesterday when i talked about having no reason for vote for him. He has been the perfect villager. Ironically, that might be the biggest clue we will ever have.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #1681
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Its just seemed that way to me this game. I touched on it yesterday when i talked about having no reason for vote for him. He has been the perfect villager. Ironically, that might be the biggest clue we will ever have.
Yeah the perfect villager is a pretty good fucking thing to have been. If nothing else it seems like it makes him more of a shitface target. But I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on this one for some reason.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #1682
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah the perfect villager is a pretty good fucking thing to have been. If nothing else it seems like it makes him more of a shitface target. But I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on this one for some reason.
You need to think it through clearly and come to your own conclusion, whoever it may be. I was utterly wrong on CW and RA, and i was 10x more sure on them...Im putting my thoughts out there and trying to get discussion. Some players think to themselves then vote in public. I think out loud. Right now my mind is telling me hoops is a thing. You can trust my mind though, only yours. Look through the game and find evidence you think is key then vote off of it. Listening to me has gotten us nowhere this game(i voted for you over saldana, got CW tested, was on dubb who although he didnt win the vote got tested clean anyways)...im having a HORRID game, so i implore you again to think for yourself. At the end of the day, thats whats most important...you decided for yourself
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #1683
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok thinking for myself, though repeating a question which has been asked already: Blade what scenario can you construct which allows CW to still be working for our side? Others are welcome to answer as well. (If this has had a good answer I apologize but I didn't read the thread of what happened today as carefully as I often do)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #1684
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You need to think it through clearly and come to your own conclusion, whoever it may be. I was utterly wrong on CW and RA, and i was 10x more sure on them...Im putting my thoughts out there and trying to get discussion. Some players think to themselves then vote in public. I think out loud. Right now my mind is telling me hoops is a thing. You can trust my mind though, only yours. Look through the game and find evidence you think is key then vote off of it. Listening to me has gotten us nowhere this game(i voted for you over saldana, got CW tested, was on dubb who although he didnt win the vote got tested clean anyways)...im having a HORRID game, so i implore you again to think for yourself. At the end of the day, thats whats most important...you decided for yourself

Blade, I do have to say that even though I'm kind of thinking that you very well could be a thing, you've been a pleasure to have in this game so far.

Credit where due and all that.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #1685
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok thinking for myself, though repeating a question which has been asked already: Blade what scenario can you construct which allows CW to still be working for our side? Others are welcome to answer as well. (If this has had a good answer I apologize but I didn't read the thread of what happened today as carefully as I often do)

This is where I'm having the problem. How can you not convert the seer?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #1686
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
In my mind it all comes down to the bodyguard and his chess game with the things. Id imagine the bodyguard can't protect the same person twice in a row. So id assume as a bodyguard the things wouldnt risk CW on night 3 after his reveal as they would assume bodyguard had his back...bodyguard then protects on night 4(last night) and either deters them or they chose not to attack CW and instead continue to build #s. The latter applies if they think they are getting close to victory and care more about getting a sure conversion then stopping the seer.

Its an odds game, and i honestly expected CW to be bad by now. I still somewhat do. Despite saying he clears me, and this will sound like the hoops thing, after clearing me he has done nothing but agree and follow the momentum. And if he was a thing he knows who is clear and who he can says is clear. I honestly dont expect the seer this game to ever tell us he found a bad guy unless its an endgame scenario for the things. I cant imagine they will leave him out there testing. Do i trust he is still clean, no...but i feel i have higher odds with hoops then CW TODAY
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #1687
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
This is where I'm having the problem. How can you not convert the seer?
I think it especially important that Blade answers as he's the main beneficiary today of us believing CW.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #1688
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I do have to say that even though I'm kind of thinking that you very well could be a thing, you've been a pleasure to have in this game so far.

Credit where due and all that.
Why thank you kindly path. I must admit i have rather enjoyed your posts. You have done an excellent job of making smart, intelligent post and doing so without all the fluff that comes with my points. I cant say much more then i respect the game you have played.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #1689
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am going to go ahead and Vote Barkeep right now.

One, because I think both he or hoops are playing a great game, by being out front without drawing much suspicion. Maybe both of them are Things, considering they were the two leading vote getters and neither voted for the other. And, two, I am looking to see how the remaining non-voters react to a tie between these two.

I'm taking off for a bit, but will try to be back before the deadline.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #1690
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
In my mind it all comes down to the bodyguard and his chess game with the things. Id imagine the bodyguard can't protect the same person twice in a row. So id assume as a bodyguard the things wouldnt risk CW on night 3 after his reveal as they would assume bodyguard had his back...bodyguard then protects on night 4(last night) and either deters them or they chose not to attack CW and instead continue to build #s. The latter applies if they think they are getting close to victory and care more about getting a sure conversion then stopping the seer.

Its an odds game, and i honestly expected CW to be bad by now. I still somewhat do. Despite saying he clears me, and this will sound like the hoops thing, after clearing me he has done nothing but agree and follow the momentum. And if he was a thing he knows who is clear and who he can says is clear. I honestly dont expect the seer this game to ever tell us he found a bad guy unless its an endgame scenario for the things. I cant imagine they will leave him out there testing. Do i trust he is still clean, no...but i feel i have higher odds with hoops then CW TODAY
Blade drawing on your experience how effective has it been to not do the standard ABC moves as a human defender? I mean say I'm the bodyguard. I don't protect CW. CW is converted that night. If I ever have to reveal my role, and CW is a known baddie, then I'm not in such a great positon. If, on the the otherhand, I'm the BG and protect CW that first night and they nab him the second, well then there wasn't much I could do was there?

Anyhow I asked for a scenario and you provided it. Just not sure it's a good one.

And since I would like to have some impact on today's vote rather then just making a statement
Unvote Anxiety
Old 04-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #1691
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I am going to go ahead and Vote Barkeep right now.

One, because I think both he or hoops are playing a great game, by being out front without drawing much suspicion. Maybe both of them are Things, considering they were the two leading vote getters and neither voted for the other. And, two, I am looking to see how the remaining non-voters react to a tie between these two.

I'm taking off for a bit, but will try to be back before the deadline.
I hope when you come back you decide to vote for a shitface.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #1692
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade drawing on your experience how effective has it been to not do the standard ABC moves as a human defender? I mean say I'm the bodyguard. I don't protect CW. CW is converted that night. If I ever have to reveal my role, and CW is a known baddie, then I'm not in such a great positon. If, on the the otherhand, I'm the BG and protect CW that first night and they nab him the second, well then there wasn't much I could do was there?

Anyhow I asked for a scenario and you provided it. Just not sure it's a good one.

And since I would like to have some impact on today's vote rather then just making a statement
Unvote Anxiety
Again it all depends on what you think the things will do, or better who you believe them to be. My scenario is based upon what id do in both roles. The night of CW's reveal, as a thing, i wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole...you just have to assume the bodyguard would defend him(i would put the odds at 85% if im not the bodyguard..its how id view everone else in that position on average). Therefore id take a sure conversion elsewhere, let the seer take a chance on someone(dont want to say id play different as a thing, but i dont know if i was a thing we would be where we are today..i can see myself making far different decisions, or if we test hoops today maybe the exact same...all too complicated).

Basically, assuming as a thing id wait a day then convert, as the bodyguard i would wait a day then defend. Yes, you run the risk of them having brass balls, but since they seem to be playing it smart and under the radar right now i dont see them risking the big conversion attack night 3.

Heres the counter key, schmidty has told us the night went by peacefully both night, and i assume if the bodyguard detered things we would hear something. So either they already converted him or they are taking targets they know the bodyguard is not protecting why he plays chess with no one over CW.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #1693
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So then come hell or high water tomorrow you vote for CW?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #1694
st.cronin
General Manager

Since CW has the ability to finger a Thing I think they have no choice but to try and convert him. Even if it doesn't work, you have to make the effort. I was on his side the day of his reveal, but I can't believe he's still human.

knives out
Old 04-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #1695
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So then come hell or high water tomorrow you vote for CW?
A lot depends on this vote today. If we hit a thing we get to go again. Assuming we hit even 1, possibly 2 today the scenario tomorrow becomes different.

As for if we miss today, i dont want to say for sure. If hes not bad yet, saying no matter what hes my vote tomorrow should tell the things to go and convert someone else while we waste a day. The things use the fact we dont know what their going to do in the future to their advantage. I say we give them a dose of their own medicine and address any issues about tomorrow AFTER they make their move tonight
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #1696
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You're right, it's an odds game and who knows what the right pick is. For me, I feel I have higher odds with CW today than hoops. Who knows what the hell I'll think tomorrow.

I'm out in a few minutes to head home, not sure I'll be back before lynch but I'm gonna try.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #1697
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill be back later, maybe before the deadline, maybe(most likely) not...hope you guys get a thing, whoever you test. Best of luck!
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #1698
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That said I still want to test the fuckers that we know jackshit about and have never the hell been cleared. I think there were good reasons for it yesterday and there are good reasons for it today so I'm gonna go ahead and

Vote Anxiety

You'll not ethat you've never been cleared either there slick.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #1699
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Heres the counter key, schmidty has told us the night went by peacefully both night, and i assume if the bodyguard detered things we would hear something. So either they already converted him or they are taking targets they know the bodyguard is not protecting why he plays chess with no one over CW.

I just said that.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #1700
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, traffic was good and I've got an hour of action before the deadline.

Barkeep, fwiw I don't think that Blade is a Thing. He is currently making a bad vote, but I don't think he has been converted this game.