Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-04-2017, 02:50 AM   #16901
Suicane75
Coordinator

I wonder, if I was allowed to have just 1 of the B-52's over for a cookout tomorrow, who would I pick? It's certainly between the guy and Kate Pierson, cause those are the only two I know, but I can't pick one. Also, I'm tired.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:51 AM   #16902
Suicane75
Coordinator

I must be getting old, because the idea of walking across the house to pee before I go to bed is mentally draining me. And that pond aint very deep to start with. He said, in his best JIMG impersonation.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:58 AM   #16903
Suicane75
Coordinator

My fan corrects to the left for some antagonizing reason and it's awfully annoying trying to get it to blow into my bedroom and having to keep nudging it to the right because even though it's 5 feet from the door and facing it head on, the air is not coming in.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:00 AM   #16904
Suicane75
Coordinator

Was having a discussion with a buddy last night about how you'd wipe your ass if you broke both your arms. Then he mentioned that he saw an interview with a girl who was born without arms and he recalled that the interviewer asked her that exact question but he did not remember her reply, which seemed to me to be a more intriguing thing than the fact that we were talking about how you'd wipe your ass if you broke both your arms to begin with.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:02 AM   #16905
Suicane75
Coordinator

I haven't smoked weed in over 2 years, but I still have my pipe poker sitting on my desk for the express purpose of tickling the inside of my ears every now and again.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:04 AM   #16906
Suicane75
Coordinator

Here's a thing that annoys me. There's this slight aftertaste to Hawaiin Punch now that did not exist when I was younger. You take a sip and 90% of the taste reminds of being a kid and then there's that last 10% bitterness that robs you of your memories.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:05 AM   #16907
Suicane75
Coordinator

I have no desire to stand over a hot grill anytime in the next 12 hours. But I'll have to.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #16908
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I have no desire to stand over a hot grill anytime in the next 12 hours. But I'll have to.

So true.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #16909
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If my passenger ratings were based on the hotness of the girl rather than the rider factors(politeness, etc) my backseat has held roughly an average of an 8.5/10 in the past two weeks. So many hot chicks in rompers these days.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #16910
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I wonder, if I was allowed to have just 1 of the B-52's over for a cookout tomorrow, who would I pick? It's certainly between the guy and Kate Pierson, cause those are the only two I know, but I can't pick one. Also, I'm tired.

I'd say Fred. In the past I would have said Kate, but she plays for the other team now so there's an angle there that's missing now. (Ok - I guess she's also older than my mother, so perhaps that angle disappeared a while ago anyway). But I think Fred might be more fun/entertaining.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:31 AM   #16911
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fred. Not close. Especially if he provides commentary in Rock Lobster style "she just grabbed a burger!", Etc

Also I think I've done parenting right when I send my wife a photo of a 92$ Lyft ride from the airport and my daughter saw the photo and said "why didn't she just call a cab"
Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 AM   #16912
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That was at 250 % prime time or 3.5 surge.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #16913
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
That was at 250 % prime time or 3.5 surge.

Worth it just to avoid not ever having to step into a taxi cab ever again. Uber/Lyft one of the best things to happen this decade.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #16914
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just started getting back into buying baseball cards and....wtf? Why are there so many freaking different sets/series now? I swear, there's like 10 (I'm slightly exaggerating) different 2017 sets from Topps alone. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to get an auto or memorabilia card now and then, but, it seems like that's mostly what the card manufacturers are trying sell. They don't even have complete teams anymore from what it looks like.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #16915
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, that's what led to me giving up on it. Jersey cards and chrome cards and gold cards and series and subsets and all that other crap. I guess there's probably still some base set, but I figured to hell with it. THANKS, TOPPS.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #16916
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah, that's what led to me giving up on it. Jersey cards and chrome cards and gold cards and series and subsets and all that other crap. I guess there's probably still some base set, but I figured to hell with it. THANKS, TOPPS.

Oh man exactly! It's just crazy how many parallels of cards they have...the gold, platinum, silver and numbered 1 to whatever. Just do what they did back in the 80s and sprinkle in some autos and pieces of jerseys or bats. For the love of a Tony Gwynn rookie card, they are including cards of (and I'm looking at it right now) an F'ing hot dog from Coors Field, but, they can't include all 25 players from every team. There's even cards for guys at MLB network and celebrities throwing out the first pitch.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #16917
JediKooter
Coordinator

Looking at Topps' website right now and they have the following 2017 products:

1. Topps Series 1 & 2 (which I assume is the base set)
2. Topps Finest Baseball
3. Topps Archives
4. Topps Pro Debut
5. Topps Inception
6. Topps Bunt
7. Topps Bowman
8. Topps Gypsy Queen
9. Topps Tribute
10. Topps Opening Day
11. Topps Heritage

So I guess I wasn't exaggerating about how many different series/sets they have.

The Archives, I bought a few packs of those due to them having the 82 Topps in there and that's one of my favorite sets of all time and I also like the 87 Topps throw back cards as well.

Oh good lord...on their Facebook page, looks like a 12th set is coming out on July 12th...Stadium Club. I know that series has been around since the early 90s though.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #16918
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just caught "We'll Be Together" on 1st Wave ("classic alternative"). I'm sorry, but that's as pure pop as Sting gets.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #16919
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Shows how long I haven't collected football cards. Didn't even know Topps no longer makes them.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #16920
Easy Mac

There's a Jehovah's witness convention in Greenville this weekend. There are so many white people outside the conference center. Like I did not realize.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #16921
Groundhog
Coordinator

Do you have a whole heap of Jehova's Witnesses in the States carting around those little portable pamphlet stands and standing on nearly every corner, too? There's been a massive influx of them in Sydney the past few years, and I even saw a bunch in Japan last year, too.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #16922
Easy Mac

Not that i've noticed for the stands, but I'd say at least once a month I'm approached at a random gas station by older African-American couples. The cameras also pick them up knocking on our door at the house a few times a year, but we're rarely home when they do.

They're always nice people, and I try to give them the time of day since they're never pushy and seem to really believe in what they're doing.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:15 AM   #16923
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
They're always nice people, and I try to give them the time of day since they're never pushy and seem to really believe in what they're doing.

You must have a different wing/branch of 'em than I've encountered.

Mormons? Yeah, they're generally pretty chill, live & let live.
JW's around me? Nice nor not pushy doesn't come close.

I set fire to their pamphlets and hand them back ablaze, it usually gets my house off the list for several years.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #16924
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm so thrilled that Illinois has jacked personal and corporate income taxes by 30% ... and still has not nearly enough income to pay their expenses.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #16925
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You must have a different wing/branch of 'em than I've encountered.

Mormons? Yeah, they're generally pretty chill, live & let live.
JW's around me? Nice nor not pushy doesn't come close.

I set fire to their pamphlets and hand them back ablaze, it usually gets my house off the list for several years.

When I had my contracting business I used to have an employee who was like 6'2 305. Big burly guy, huge beard. Damn good worker. Totally uncooth. No mouth filter anywhere in life. He could be embarrassing at a casual lunch. But left to his own devices he was a great worker. He got divorced and for a few years was working 2 full time jobs.
Something like 18 hour days 6 days a week. Friday night at 4AM until Sunday at 11pm was his only time off.

JW developed a habit of getting him out of bed on Saturday mornings way too early for his liking. He was also an outspoken atheist. He politely, as he told the story, asked them to go away multiple times...they were convinced to to convert this non-believer.

Apparently a 300+ lb white dude dropping trow and masturbating in front of 4 60+ year old african american ladies was the magic act that got the message across.

Sorry for the visual, just reading this and thought of Bog Mike and that story. To hear him tell it would make you roll on the ground laughing everytime.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #16926
Kodos
Resident Alien

"This is for Jesus!"
Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #16927
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
"This is for Jesus!"

"Oh, I GOT your Watchtower alright"
Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #16928
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm so thrilled that Illinois has jacked personal and corporate income taxes by 30% ... and still has not nearly enough income to pay their expenses.

Gotta pay for those constitutionally protected pensions you know. Or the government will just continue to underfund the pensions and piss away the money as usual.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-07-2017 at 01:26 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #16929
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Gotta pay for those constitutionally protected pensions you know. Or the government will just continue to underfund the pensions and piss away the money as usual.

Don't worry, they'll TOTALLY pay back what they've borrowed against the pensions. Promise!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #16930
lungs
Pro Rookie

Had a guy stop in the farm looking for work. I told him he's hired and be here at 11:00 today. Guy never shows up.

WTF?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #16931
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Man vs Food > Ginormous Food

Latter host not doing it for me.

My wife and i Tend to agree, we think Ginormous food would have been the better format for Adam Richman.

Where as Josh Denny just plain sucks and is kind of creepy at times.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #16932
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

For years, I've used "split the baby" to refer generally to a satisfactory compromise.

It wasn't until 5 minutes ago that I realized that "splitting the baby" was never meant to be a compromise. It was a suggestion so horrible and barbaric that it allowed the king to figure out who the bad person was simply because she agreed with it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #16933
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
For years, I've used "split the baby" to refer generally to a satisfactory compromise.

It wasn't until 5 minutes ago that I realized that "splitting the baby" was never meant to be a compromise. It was a suggestion so horrible and barbaric that it allowed the king to figure out who the bad person was simply because she agreed with it.
1 Kings 3:16-28 CEV - Solomon Makes a Difficult Decision - Bible Gateway
Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #16934
cuervo72
Head Coach

Somewhat related, my wife was wondering last night just how many babies were actually thrown out with bathwater.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #16935
digamma
Torchbearer

I've read the "punchline" to that verse probably a dozen times or more and don't think I ever realized that the start of the story was the death of a second infant.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #16936
Easy Mac

Happening now: Decided to let an update run on my phone during lunch that will take about 10-15 minutes, but the urge to go to the bathroom has hit hard... I'm trying to hold on for dear life. I don't think it's possible to use the restroom without a phone.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #16937
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Happening now: Decided to let an update run on my phone during lunch that will take about 10-15 minutes, but the urge to go to the bathroom has hit hard... I'm trying to hold on for dear life. I don't think it's possible to use the restroom without a phone.

are you the guy that also carries on phone conversations while dropping a deuce?

Last edited by hollmt : 07-13-2017 at 12:02 PM.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #16938
molson
General Manager

The city of Anchorage registers its resident's dog's names in this database. Lots of people are much better at naming dogs than I am.

https://data.muni.org/Other/Dog-Names/a9a7-y93v/data

Some of my favorites

Tater Tot
The Dude
Wednesday
Nacho Bacon
Yahtzee
Bob the Dog
Duct Tape
Homeslice
Bleach
D.O.G.
Bear Bait
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #16939
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a great list for hackers
Old 07-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #16940
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know there's the whole first in first out thing, but I was at the tire shop first thing this morning and am only getting one tire replaced. Seems like maybe I could jump the line just a bit, no? Going on 5 hours. I have my spare on, so basically this is like a quick quick job especially with the tools they have.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #16941
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-

At this point I'm just kicking myself for not buying the tire out right and taking it to walmart for balancing. Surely it would have been done 2-3 hours ago.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #16942
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just making sure this thing still works.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #16943
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nothing like waking up and seeing the front door open.

Strange. Nothing stolen, no signs of the lock being tampered with (or any other break-in). It rained hard last night, and no dampness or footprints on the hardwood floors, or any other signs anyone was in Kid had a horrible night last night, and we were awake damn near all night.

Only other reasonable explanation is we left it unlocked, and the door popped open during the storm. Which, that door *is* slightly misaligned, and doesn't fully latch, so it's entirely possible for it to pop open if the deadbolt isn't set.

Dunno. Weird.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 07-16-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #16944
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've had that happen before. A combination of the door not being completely closed combined with wind and pressure changes from the storm can cause it to occur. I halfway expected to find a deer walking around in my house when I saw the back door open the morning after a storm.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #16945
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, it was 95% the wind. 5% Ghosts.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 AM   #16946
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I screwed up this AM, had a flight at 5:30, instead of 6 AM as I thought. Made it to the airport at 4:40, but missed the shuttle by one minute. Had to wait, get to the terminal right around 5 AM. Missed the check in window, wtf? Oh flight is at 5:30, not 6. Go to the window get re-routed, go through security, get to the gate at 5:22. My original plane is still there... Had the arbitrary check in time not kept me from checking in, I could have made it.

I guess it could have been worse, but not a great way to start a Monday.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #16947
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

About a year ago, my wife and I found a lost dog running through our neighborhood one morning. It was clearly well taken care of, was friendly and very scared. We managed to get it leashed up and called the non-emergency police number. They sent out an animal control officer to pick it up, and it was returned to the owner later that morning since it was micro-chipped.

The dog must have gotten loose again last night/this morning because the police just called to ask if we were missing a dog. As the officer was going through the details, I remembered the dog from last year. They must have had our number associated with it, since we called it in.

Still...a bit unsettling to see the police on the caller id and pickup the phone and have an office ask for me specifically.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #16948
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

We need a thread for movies that are coming out in the future.

Also someone decided that the best person to direct a live action movie of Dumbo was Tim Burton.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #16949
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dola

I also want to see the Wrinkle in Time movie

Old 07-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #16950
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
We need a thread for movies that are coming out in the future.

If a subject deserves a thread of it's own, it's not eligible to be posted in this thread.

Also, the original Dumbo scared the crap out of me as a kid. One of my earliers memories is my mother taken me out of a cinema screaming my head off. The pink elephants scene.

So maybe Tim Burton can repeat that horror for a new generation?
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote