Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2017, 05:27 AM   #16601
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I used to like shows like Law and Order when I was a kid. I'm not saying they "kept you guessing" but it was always interesting. Now that I've gotten older I have been watching L&O Criminal Intent reruns. I basically missed this show on its first run. Problem is that now that I actually know who a bunch of the actors are, guessing the ultimate perp is fairly easy. I mean, why else would Beadie from The Wire show up if she wasn't going to play a large role in the culmination of events.

Generally it seems like L&O got a good mix of people both on the upward and downward trajectory of their careers. Now Criminal Minds, on the other hand, has always made a habit of casting people strongly on the downswing of their career as the unsub. Chances are if you wanna see someone from a show you liked 9 years ago, he will show up on Criminal Minds.

Also, I know I've said this numerous places, but my favorite stuff is when they do a rapper/musician themed episode on one of these procedurals. They always give the guys names that were thought of by a writer's room full of 39 year old white dads. Like it's gotta painful for them when talented actors like Vincent DiNofrio or Chris Noth have talk about the rapper in question and spit out lines about finding the true killer of "Cash Homey G", etc.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #16602
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

not a big fast food guy, but Burger King is so much better than McDonalds when I do indulge
Old 02-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #16603
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
not a big fast food guy, but Burger King is so much better than McDonalds when I do indulge

Hrmm... I'm not a fast food guy either.

I think I've had McDonald's about 2-3 times in the last 20 years. I had some McNuggets a few months back and they were surprisingly good.

I can't remember the last time I ate at Burger King.

If I go fast food, which is only typically when I'm on a road trip, I tend to stick to Wendy's.

I'd do Chick-fil-a all day, but they are still pretty rare around here.

Five Guys has amazing fries and pretty tasty burgers, but I rarely go there either.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #16604
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I really can't stand Burger King. Way too greasy. It makes me sick (except for the Whopper Jr - maybe less grease?). I'll get McDonald's over it any day.

Wendy's have better burgers than either. And their Spicy Chicken is better than Chick-Fil-A's spicy chicken (no contest).
Old 02-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #16605
Suicane75
Coordinator

Burger King chicken sandwiches are a thing I'd kill any of you to get.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #16606
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Today I realized what my life has been missing. No, not love. Road Rash and NHL Hockey, which I've been playing ever since I finally loaded a Sega Genesis emulator on my home theatre PC. Xbone controller works great in Windows 10.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #16607
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
A nose is something you really can do without, for the most part.

Just suppose you had no nose! Then you could never smell a rose…or pie, or chicken a la king. You’d never smell a single thing.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #16608
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Forbes answers the NYT Travel list of 52 places to go in 2017 with 10 of their own.

The 10 Coolest Places to Go in 2017
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #16609
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I really can't stand Burger King. Way too greasy. It makes me sick (except for the Whopper Jr - maybe less grease?). I'll get McDonald's over it any day.

Huh?

My most common complaint about BK -- aside from their high amount of mistakes -- is that their burgers are too often a little dried out. I don't think I've ever had anything that seemed even the least bit greasy there. Their fries are Godawful when they aren't piping hot though, but even they aren't usually greasy (more like ... mealy).

And to avoid a dola, I'm with Suicane, their chicken sandwiches are pretty good stuff at the 2/$5 price. A solid reheatable item too, as long as you leave the lettuce off. One drive-thru trip = 2 meals pretty easy there.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #16610
Suicane75
Coordinator

I just made a $300 bet on the Rockets in game, thinking it was the 4th quarter when it was actually the 3rd. Sometimes I amaze myself.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #16611
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Who ever thought drones would return the medieval sport of falconry to the "valuable skill" category?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #16612
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

An interesting look at which cities, sorted by size, do the best job of using digital technology to improve the ease of citizens interacting with them.

Digital Cities Survey 2016
Old 02-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #16613
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Today I realized what my life has been missing. No, not love. Road Rash and NHL Hockey, which I've been playing ever since I finally loaded a Sega Genesis emulator on my home theatre PC. Xbone controller works great in Windows 10.

I bought one of them pre loaded, modded X-Boxes that have like every Atari, Coleco, NES, SNES, Genesis game ever, pre loaded. Some X-Box and Playstation stuff too, but I'm not ready for those games yet, maybe when I'm 60.

Still rather have love though.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #16614
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This guy really likes his tea.

Japanese Dude Really Wants You To Buy His Tea
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #16615
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I wonder who at the medical device company decided that the proper tag to use for a reading that is critical was "error".
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #16616
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Whoever decided that Cheeze-Its should have an "Extra Toasty" version should get a raise.

Forget Russian interference with elections. Congress needs to investigate HOW FREAKING GOOD THESE ARE.

Thanks for turning me onto them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #16617
Butter
Coordinator

As someone who works in the food industry, these are basically just the accidentally burned Cheez-Its. When they were put in as a line extension (basically an extra flavor of an established brand), then they came back the following year, I think it outperformed its expectations by something like 300%.

Thus, permanent burned Cheez-Its on the shelf.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #16618
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So they are a mistake. Like Penicillin.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #16619
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So they are a mistake. Like Penicillin.

Like Penicillin only better.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #16620
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

Sold out at our Publix.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #16621
Suicane75
Coordinator

I found such relief in Norm MacDonalds book and for the first time ever, I heard someone talk about the freedom and relief of losing it all. That's exactly what it is. No more pressure, no more tomorrow, no more anxiety. A punch, and then absolute freedom and peace. So, with that being said, put it all on South Dakota State. Or maybe it's North Dakota State, I dunno, I've got it written down here somewhere.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #16622
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

My God, the Norwegians are geniuses!

Last edited by JPhillips : 03-05-2017 at 09:42 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #16623
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

The most delicious penicillin you've ever god damn eaten.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #16624
Suicane75
Coordinator

That moment when you realize you typed in $250 instead of $25. Good times.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #16625
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Seeing a car coming at you head-on is one thing.

Seeing the same thing & realizing that the driver bearing down on you is wearing those dark-black-I'm-95-and-can't-see-a-thing glasses is a wholllllllle different thing.

#SaveALife #TakeHellenKellersLicense
Old 03-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #16626
sabotai
General Manager

"Are you working hard or hardly working?"

....can we please fucking retire this line from all of humanity already!?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #16627
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 03-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #16628
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

I'm guessing you were hardly working.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #16629
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

"A good man is hard to find...and a hard man is good to find" also quite annoying
Old 03-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #16630
Suicane75
Coordinator

"Stop looking in my bedroom window", also one I get tired of.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #16631
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Wrong hole...tired of hearing that one
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #16632
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

I forgot how much I love Culver's Mushroom & Swiss Double burger.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:29 PM   #16633
cuervo72
Head Coach

Right! Forgot older sister of FB friend/girl from math class went to school with and knew Grant Hill (she made mention of his pass to Laettner, he responded).
Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #16634
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saw someone comment on a band (irrelevant who it was) and say something like "they'll never be as big as Creed was". Started me thinking again about how time flies. Their 2nd album, Human Clay, sold nearly 12 million units.

It was released in 1999, meaning that babies born when the band was at their peak have either graduated from high school or are about to.

I figured I ought to not be the only person feeling old about that.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-22-2017 at 11:02 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #16635
Easy Mac

Went to the building "gym" during my lunch break (still ongoing). Its a 16 story building, and the gym has 3 ellipticals, 3 treadmills, a stack of medicine balls, an old weight machine, and dumbbell sets that go from 5-50. I was planning on doing some leg work today, so I needed the dumbbells.

I get there and there are 2 women in front of the dumbbells doing an exercise video. It's really the only free space in the room that isn't the exact middle where people walk from place to place. OK, I go into the men's room to change, no big deal. Get out, and it looks like they're done and stretching, so I hit the treadmill to warm up for a few. 5 minutes go by, they're done stretching and sitting on the floor.

5 more minutes go by, I'm done with the treadmill (wanted to be done 5 minutes ago) and they're still sitting there talking. I lean against a wall and start stretching, since I need to stretch a little anyway. I then answer some texts and check my e-mail for another 5-10 minutes. They're still sitting there, talking 20 minutes after I first came in. I finally just go outside in the cold and half-assed run for 10 minutes.

I come back in, they're still sitting there talking. I go in and change, come out 5 minutes later, still sitting there talking.

What the fuck. Its the only gym in the building, its the only set of weights in the building, and you're going to sit in front of them for 40 minutes, talking? Its obvious they work together, go outside and talk, go in your office and talk, go to the breakroom.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #16636
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Went to the building "gym" during my lunch break (still ongoing). Its a 16 story building, and the gym has 3 ellipticals, 3 treadmills, a stack of medicine balls, an old weight machine, and dumbbell sets that go from 5-50. I was planning on doing some leg work today, so I needed the dumbbells.

I get there and there are 2 women in front of the dumbbells doing an exercise video. It's really the only free space in the room that isn't the exact middle where people walk from place to place. OK, I go into the men's room to change, no big deal. Get out, and it looks like they're done and stretching, so I hit the treadmill to warm up for a few. 5 minutes go by, they're done stretching and sitting on the floor.

5 more minutes go by, I'm done with the treadmill (wanted to be done 5 minutes ago) and they're still sitting there talking. I lean against a wall and start stretching, since I need to stretch a little anyway. I then answer some texts and check my e-mail for another 5-10 minutes. They're still sitting there, talking 20 minutes after I first came in. I finally just go outside in the cold and half-assed run for 10 minutes.

I come back in, they're still sitting there talking. I go in and change, come out 5 minutes later, still sitting there talking.

What the fuck. Its the only gym in the building, its the only set of weights in the building, and you're going to sit in front of them for 40 minutes, talking? Its obvious they work together, go outside and talk, go in your office and talk, go to the breakroom.

You dumbass. They were waiting for you to say something so they could initiate the threesome they were planning.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #16637
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You dumbass. They were waiting for you to say something so they could initiate the threesome they were planning.

I reeeeeeeeaaaaally hope that wasn't the case.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #16638
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

While that is irritating that they did that, why didn't you just approach them and ask them to vamoose?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #16639
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

How come every cheap tv I buy has a red light on when it is turned off? None of my nicer tvs does this. It seems unnecessary.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #16640
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
How come every cheap tv I buy has a red light on when it is turned off? None of my nicer tvs does this. It seems unnecessary.

It's a camera so the feds can monitor you.

A small piece of electrical tape usually can provide a fix if the light gives you sleeping issues.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #16641
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It's a camera so the feds can monitor you.

A small piece of electrical tape usually can provide a fix if the light gives you sleeping issues.

Damn Feds! Yeah it's not a huge issue. I usually just position a box or speaker in front of it. Just doesn't make sense why some of my tvs don't have this feature. Meaning some companies chose to make it red when it was turned off.

Last edited by panerd : 03-23-2017 at 09:13 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #16642
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

for the love of all that's holy ... why in the $%@# can my wife not figure out how to scan documents herself?

Forget any notion about how "oh she could, she just wants you to do it".
I can assure you, I've made those request far more hellish than doing it herself would be.

It's like ... a mental block or something.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #16643
QuikSand
lolzcat

...a thread here on "Things My Generally Awesome Spouse/+1 Inexplicably Cannot Do" would take off to ten pages, amirite?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #16644
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why is my Dad such a shitty parent?

The number of times he's hurt me, because he let me down is staggering. I can't even imagine being as absent in my kids lives as he is in mine. He wasn't always like that. He sort of tried when I was younger, but he's less than half the grandparent to my kids than his were to me. I've tried talking to him, he feels like he's a normal parent/grandparent. He's made his choices, I'm just having a really hard time really letting him go and hardening my heart. I'm 41, he's nearly 69. It's just what's in my best interest going forward, I just can't believe it's come to this.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #16645
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
...a thread here on "Things My Generally Awesome Spouse/+1 Inexplicably Cannot Do" would take off to ten pages, amirite?

#TrafficExplosion
Old 03-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #16646
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Not a spouse, but a colleague when I was a grad assistant at Hawaii. One of the professors could not, under any circumstances, launch Blackboard Collaborate to teach her online class. She was brilliant with the subject matter, was great once she was online, and handled all other technology with no problems, but we knew that whoever was in the office would have to go down to the 2nd floor and help her get Blackboard Collaborate started with her slides loaded every Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm.

People having those weird mental blocks fascinates me until I have to deal with it.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #16647
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
for the love of all that's holy ... why in the $%@# can my wife not figure out how to scan documents herself?

Forget any notion about how "oh she could, she just wants you to do it".
I can assure you, I've made those request far more hellish than doing it herself would be.

It's like ... a mental block or something.

My wife literally can't turn the TV on successfully at least 65% of the time. We have a normal harmony remote. You hit watch TV and hold it towards the TV for 2 seconds. About 2/3 of the time she either doesn't get the TV to turn on, or the soundbar doesn't turn on. She just hits the remote and puts it down immediately.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #16648
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And don't even let me get started about the inability to load a dishwasher in a remotely logical fashion.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #16649
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
And don't even let me get started about the inability to load a dishwasher in a remotely logical fashion.

+1
Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #16650
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

+2

Love the woman to death, but this drives me completely insane.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote