Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #1601
SFL Cat
College Starter

Did I see that right? Did Lou high-step out of bounds at around the 1 yard-line?

The Hoosiers are 4-0? Bug.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 08-30-2008 at 01:23 AM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #1602
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

So, I bought the game a while ago, but haven't really played it, with Power Pros taking up most of my time. College football starting, though, has me interested in picking this up. Are the best sliders to use on Xbox360 with the patch the ones EF recently posted? What roster update is the best to use?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #1603
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

fairdale kings' rosters and EF27's sliders are the best there is right now.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #1604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
fairdale kings' rosters and EF27's sliders are the best there is right now.

My sliders are heavily based off Auburn Alumni's from OS.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #1605
Izulde
Head Coach

I just threw my lighter in rage. #3 Arkansas going against #5 Florida in Fayetteville and the dumbass QB who for some reason got the start over Ryan Mallett in my junior year, threw 5 interceptions. Final: 28-10 Gators and there go our national title hopes probably.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #1606
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I had a horrific game to start my 2nd season last night. Sanchez just kept throwing pick after pick against the #7 ranked Tennessee team (that had the same overall ratings my USC team did) that I thought would be very winnable. We lost 52-21 as a result. There went my title hopes probably as most of our defense graduated in the past year and we are likely to lose 1 more game at some point. The sliders are playing very well for me with good challenging games when they should be and have really reinvigorated my interest in the game.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #1607
Galaxy
Coordinator

A few questions:

1) Did the patch fix the problem about players bolting to the NFL early, regardless of how much you try to talk to them (and wasting your points/time)?

2) Any tips on reading coverage? Man to man, zone, or cover 2? Where the safeties will go?

3) Do the safety shifts/man alignment work? What exactly do they do?

4) When you show a blitz, does it also disguise blitzes as well? If I decide to hot route a player from a blitz to a coverage route, will he still fake a blitz?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-07-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #1608
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1) That problem only existed in online dynasties. I believe it is still an issue in online dynasties (however the commish can convince them properly as they could before the patch. Of course, this is unfair and any commish of any league should not do so.) Edit to add: However, you don't actually lose your minutes if you try, even though it says you do. When you advance to week 1, you have your full 10 hours.

2. Send a man in motion. It can be a helpful tip to determine if they are in man or zone. Or just watch how tightly the man is played after you snap it.

3. They definitely work. The man alignment shifts guy around to get closer for man coverage and can help disguise some coverage when playing zone.

4. Yes, show blitz is a very useful button.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-07-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #1609
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
1) That problem only existed in online dynasties. I believe it is still an issue in online dynasties (however the commish can convince them properly as they could before the patch. Of course, this is unfair and any commish of any league should not do so.) Edit to add: However, you don't actually lose your minutes if you try, even though it says you do. When you advance to week 1, you have your full 10 hours.

2. Send a man in motion. It can be a helpful tip to determine if they are in man or zone. Or just watch how tightly the man is played after you snap it.

3. They definitely work. The man alignment shifts guy around to get closer for man coverage and can help disguise some coverage when playing zone.

4. Yes, show blitz is a very useful button.

Now, if a corner back is either up tight with the receiver, drop back off the line, or in a normal coverage; it doesn't mean that he is in a zone or man coverage, correct?

Do you think that "confusion" works with the offensive line and quarterback with blitzes (zone or hot routing players to drop back or blitz)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-08-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #1610
CraigSca
Pro Starter

West Virginians have excellent stamina.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/64297
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #1611
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Am I the only one where when I play a dynasty game of NCAA I have to be completely dad duty free?

I cannot be interrupted by anything once I settle in to play a game. I'm #3 in the nation and 6-0 right now and play #9 Texas next.. who's only loss was to #1 Oklahoma.

I just started this game earlier when all hell broke loss with kids wanting this and that, dogs wanting to go outside, wife bugging me about dinner.. she got home early for work.. and I had to say.. F it.. I'll play it later this week.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #1612
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Am I the only one where when I play a dynasty game of NCAA I have to be completely dad duty free?

I cannot be interrupted by anything once I settle in to play a game. I'm #3 in the nation and 6-0 right now and play #9 Texas next.. who's only loss was to #1 Oklahoma.

I just started this game earlier when all hell broke loss with kids wanting this and that, dogs wanting to go outside, wife bugging me about dinner.. she got home early for work.. and I had to say.. F it.. I'll play it later this week.

So...how much were you down by?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #1613
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
So...how much were you down by?

I was down 13-10 had the ball actually, start of 2nd quarter.

I'm not a cheater.. heck, I'd just sim the game over and over if that was the case. I don't mind losing one bit.. but I can't stand getting into a game and then having it sit on pause for an hour and a half while I have to tend to things.

In fact, the game has been freezing a lot lately and I've noticed it happens usually when I come back from a long pause.

Edit: OU scares the shit out of me btw... and if they beat me, I'll take it like a man.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-15-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #1614
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

After resetting the game 12 times, I finally beat Texas!

j/k I lost 31-21 and threw 5 INT's ... horrible game!!! Our BCS title game hopes just might be over...
Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #1615
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

This is why I play legend in NCAA and superstar in Madden. With the lack of ingame saves, I'm lucky to get 30 minutes free, and these are the only modes where I can make meaningful progress in that timeframe.

When they bring back in-game saves, I'll start caring about franchise / dynasty mode again.

This is yet another reason why I miss ESPN NFL 2k5...

Last edited by gstelmack : 09-19-2008 at 02:47 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #1616
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can't understand why in game saves are not standard in today's sport games. Baffles the shit out of me...

Colorado better get ready!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #1617
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

More from my season:

#10 Missouri (11-1) vs #1 Oklahoma (12-0) in the Big 12 Championship

Must get a good nights sleep tonight...

Weird.. but I'm a little nervous!

Tulsa is #3 at (12-0)
Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #1618
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Tulsa is #3 at (12-0)

This seems to become a bigger and bigger problem as time goes on. The last couple years in my single player NC State dynasty every single BCS At Large team has been an undefeated mid-major. I believe in one season there were FIVE Mid Majors that were undefeated, with only 4 at large spots, so one of them got screwed.

My new strategy to try to help alleviate this problem is going to involve me scheduling all the undefeated midmajors from the previous year to try to knock them out of the BCS myself :P
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #1619
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
This seems to become a bigger and bigger problem as time goes on. The last couple years in my single player NC State dynasty every single BCS At Large team has been an undefeated mid-major. I believe in one season there were FIVE Mid Majors that were undefeated, with only 4 at large spots, so one of them got screwed.

My new strategy to try to help alleviate this problem is going to involve me scheduling all the undefeated midmajors from the previous year to try to knock them out of the BCS myself :P

HAHA.. I'm already going to try to schedule Tulsa next year!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #1620
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

OU kicked my ass by the tune of 44-3.. wow...

This game is my favorite console sports game of all time, I'm REALLY loving it.

Now we play in the Cotton Bowl against Auburn who is 9-3 on the year. Can Chase Daniels go out on a winning note? I hope so...
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #1621
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We beat Auburn in the Cotton Bowl, 44-17 and Chase goes out on a winning note!

I spent as much time as I could convincing Maclin to stay and he told me he wanted to get a degree! YESSSS!!!!!

We'll see what we can do next year with Gabbert at the helm.

I really love this game!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #1622
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well.. Gabbert couldn't get us going, but RS Junior Dominic Grooms came in and passed for 3 TD's and our defense seems improved as we beat Illinios 34-0 to start the season!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #1623
Izulde
Head Coach

What sliders are people using? Thought about trying to get back into this today.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #1624
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
What sliders are people using? Thought about trying to get back into this today.

EBFL Sliders - Front Office Football Central

That's what I'm using in my solo dynasty and what I believe all three of our online leagues are using (see post #4 and post #6 in that thread)
Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #1625
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

That's what I'm using in my solo dynasty and what I believe all three of our online leagues are using (see post #4 and post #6 in that thread)

Thanks. I'll try those out in my solo Arkansas dynasty tonight.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #1626
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm on AA defaults with running sliders turned up for the CPU.

Barely squeaked past Ole Miss 27-19.

I'm telling you.. this is such a great game. It has me thinking gameplans while I'm at work.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #1627
dervack
College Prospect

I think this might be the longest I have ever played an NCAA game and I'm still excited to play it. In fact, in my 5th year at Air Force, 7th overall after two miserable years at Duke, I landed my first 5-star recruit, the #2 QB, #3 overall prospect, which guarantees at least 3 more seasons of playing. I've been running an option type offense, but am losing my best HB after this season and have recruited some good WR, so him coming in as a pocket passer shouldn't be a problem. Also, before this season, the Big XII invited me into the conference and kicked out Kansas.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #1628
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I think this might be the longest I have ever played an NCAA game and I'm still excited to play it. In fact, in my 5th year at Air Force, 7th overall after two miserable years at Duke, I landed my first 5-star recruit, the #2 QB, #3 overall prospect, which guarantees at least 3 more seasons of playing. I've been running an option type offense, but am losing my best HB after this season and have recruited some good WR, so him coming in as a pocket passer shouldn't be a problem. Also, before this season, the Big XII invited me into the conference and kicked out Kansas.

I'm with you.. I love playing this game.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #1629
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I am agree. With the patches, this is one of the best console sports games I've ever played.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #1630
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm with you all. I'm playing in 2 MP leagues, plus playing 2 or 3 solo games a week and still having a blast with it.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #1631
Phototropic
Mascot

Same here. I'm in 2011 with two friends, with the odd thing being that this year will be the first human v. human match up.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #1632
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I really like it too. I'm really glad they added online dynasty. It helps keep things fresh. That said, I'm also having a blast with my solo dynasty. It is a lot of fun going through the playbooks that have custom team plays.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #1633
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have a court order from MBBFan to cease and desist any and all enjoyment of this EA Sports title immediately.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #1634
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Joined a MP league last week, I'm finally enjoying the game

Any PS3 people out there?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #1635
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Totally OT, but that's a great Crean quote Kudos. Never heard that one. Great read on the IU game. Nice to see them win somewhere!

I have Madden, but I don't have this game yet. Hopefully will get it for Christmas. I've put off my Madden dynasty simply because I love importing the the draft classes from this game.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #1636
Ironhead
College Prospect

They really put together a solid game this year. Online dynasty has been such a blast I didn't start a serious offline dynasty until a couple of days ago. Trying to do the 1 star to 6 star challenge with UAB.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #1637
Logan
Head Coach

Agreed, the EBFL has been a great league, and I can see us continuing it even through NCAA 2010's release.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #1638
Kodos
Resident Alien

If EA allows that. They have a history of shutting down the online for games after a new version comes out.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #1639
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If EA allows that. They have a history of shutting down the online for games after a new version comes out.

Yeah, that is my fear as well. We may not be able to continue our online dynasties.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #1640
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I'm also enjoying the game after starting a dynasty.

Has anyone had a bug where you hit the goal post on an extra point and the other team catches it bug? I hit the upright and then all of a sudden I was picking a return. I can only guess it was because the guy caught it. I'm lazy and curious to find out. Does it happen every time or was the ref from Lubbock?

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #1641
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I'm also enjoying the game after starting a dynasty.

Has anyone had a bug where you hit the goal post on an extra point and the other team catches it bug? I hit the upright and then all of a sudden I was picking a return. I can only guess it was because the guy caught it. I'm lazy and curious to find out. Does it happen every time or was the ref from Lubbock?

I had it happen one time where an opponent scored and I ended up kicking off to him again after the XP, but it was many seasons ago in my single player dynasty and I don't remember the circumstances at all. It has only happened once to me in... 7 or 8 seasons now? I guess actually 10ish seasons including the online league play I've gotten in.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #1642
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

It would be a miracle if we could export our dynasties from 09 in 2010...but that's not likely to happen. I hope that 2010 doesn't have any gamebreaking glitches and has even more working sliders to make it continually challenging. I think by August we'll be ready to start up some more leagues. Hopefully all of the current leagues can make it 3-4 seasons before that happens
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 AM   #1643
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Some scumbag beat the CPU 165-7 in my online dynasty, granted it was a I-AA team but so much for a "sim" league. I should've never gotten rid of the 360, so could play in the FOFC league.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #1644
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Fuck, never even crossed my mind.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #1645
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I finally broke down and bought a 360 and am awaiting shipping for my copy of NCAA 09. Can anyone give me a brief recap of what I'll need to do before I get started playing? I'm assuming that patching will be fairly automatic, but is there a place to download slider sets, or a resource for a suggested way of doing them myself? Any roster sets I should be getting? Anything else I am missing?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #1646
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

@BrianD - Sliders here, I don't know if you can download slider sets but they're easy enough to manually edit.

I have DeToxRox's roster set, you can download rosters based on his user name, I don't think any of us have had any issues with them?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #1647
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, you can download rosters from my username or DTR's. They are both copies of FK's rosters just added to our profiles for easy access.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #1648
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks guys. You may see friend requests coming from me in the next couple of days. The request will show as coming from BrianLD.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #1649
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
It would be a miracle if we could export our dynasties from 09 in 2010...but that's not likely to happen. I hope that 2010 doesn't have any gamebreaking glitches and has even more working sliders to make it continually challenging. I think by August we'll be ready to start up some more leagues. Hopefully all of the current leagues can make it 3-4 seasons before that happens

One bonus of probably having to start anew with 2010 comes out. Our OD's won't be too affected by this:

After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck - Operation Sports Forums
Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #1650
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
One bonus of probably having to start anew with 2010 comes out. Our OD's won't be too affected by this:

After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck - Operation Sports Forums

I had noticed this but hadn't really figured out the reason for it. As far as OVR ratings go, there is a regression that occurs, where most teams start out rated 60-99 in the game, after a few seasons that changes to teams OVR ratings being 50-90, and maybe 1-2 teams in the nation can keep a rating over 90. For someone with better stick skills than me, this probably kills the game very fast. For me, eh I still struggle with those top teams, because the way our slider set works, even if your O-line sucks, speed at HB and WR is so important that the CPU can put together a good offense anyway.