Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #1601
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Path, you know I understand the idea of pushing on a player in-game to see what you find. And I go through this more games than not, based on playing style, reputation, and whatever else you want to throw in there.

I hear you and know that you of all of us are well aware of that idea. That's why I thought your response to Fouts about the "good offense" was somewhat odd. Fouts is playing a classic villager to my mind. Of course, that could be a gigantic BS job.......
Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #1602
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, I'm going to crash in a few. If you want to continue our conversation I'll stick for another 5-10 minutes. If not, hopefully tomorrow brings some positive results.

Do you have a trust list besides the CoT?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #1603
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I'm also curious about the night 2 conversion. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #1604
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you mean the CoT of people who saw NTN, then yeah I'm starting to work on one.

I don't think Chubby was the shooter last night. I have him on a role that makes sense for him to be there and acting the way he did. That isn't how I first read it, but I came to this realization pretty quickly this morning. If he isn't the shooter, then he is highly trusted.

The person I visited last night was not the shooter, but that isn't enough to gain trust yet. I'm pretty certain they do not know I was there since there has been no recognition on their part on this point.

I don't have absolute trust in Swaggs - a Cowboy could gain a certain amount of trust by saving GE and then having him gunned down soon thereafter. I think this is an advanced play, pretty high risk, and not all that consistent with Swaggs' play in other games. So I don't think this is the case but I don't consider him 100% cleared either.

Also, the conversion was Night 1, not Night 2. The Cowboys can, and have, executed multiple moves in one cycle.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #1605
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
one person because you are releasing someone?

migth as well, since I will be unable to Jail 2 folks tonight. Jail size is 3.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #1606
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, the conversion was Night 1, not Night 2. The Cowboys can, and have, executed multiple moves in one cycle.

Wait, there was a confirmed conversion? I must have missed that.

Only thing I have heard about a conversion was people doubting my actions on Night 2 with Saldana and calling it an attempted conversion. On Night 1, Thomkal was killed, and last night, GE. Night 2 was the night without a kill.

What did I miss?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #1607
hoopsguy
General Manager

I alluded earlier in the game to a conversion. This is the first time I have posted about knowing what night it took place.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #1608
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I alluded earlier in the game to a conversion. This is the first time I have posted about knowing what night it took place.

Can you share more about that? And if you know about it, don't you know the people involved?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #1609
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

So do you have a best guess as to the number of cowboys we're looking at? N+1, apparently. We've got what, 20 players? So three, maybe four now?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #1610
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't have absolute trust in Swaggs - a Cowboy could gain a certain amount of trust by saving GE and then having him gunned down soon thereafter. I think this is an advanced play, pretty high risk, and not all that consistent with Swaggs' play in other games. So I don't think this is the case but I don't consider him 100% cleared either.

Kind of like what Alan did to GE in my game. Burned him knowing he had the sympathizer to fall back on and gained himself a bunch of trust.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #1611
hoopsguy
General Manager

We started with 21 players and they had a conversion. I would expect they started with 3-4 and now have 4-5.

The conversion mechanic is just a bribe - or at least that is the one I know about. I will be surprised if the other vices manifest themselves in this manner.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #1612
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We started with 21 players and they had a conversion. I would expect they started with 3-4 and now have 4-5.

The conversion mechanic is just a bribe - or at least that is the one I know about. I will be surprised if the other vices manifest themselves in this manner.

But how would you know about this and not know who was involved?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #1613
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Regardless, it stands then that vices should be guarded very tightly. Does that throw any suspicion onto some of those whose vices have become at least somewhat known?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #1614
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

So possible conversions would have the vice of money. ok I still don't understand how the Power vice comes into play.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #1615
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, I think the same way the Mortician finds out how a person died but not who shot them.

That probably is coming off as more smart-ass than I intended when I initlally typed it but for game purposes I believe it to be true. If I knew the identity of the person who had been converted I would have posted it right away. I'm all for the early trade as a villager and would have been willing to do this rather than allow the person to roam free for four days.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #1616
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really do need to get some sleep. I'll try to be on before the deadline to answer questions about this in the event something happens that would keep me from talking after 8 (CST) tomorrow morning.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #1617
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
So possible conversions would have the vice of money. ok I still don't understand how the Power vice comes into play.
I would suggest it has something to do with one of the roles, whose identity I don't want to state since we know who that person is. I'm guessing that this person is somehow able to explot/gather info on those with the power vice.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #1618
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ok Barkeep. Thanks. I had the idea of the other 3 but that one was confusing me a bit.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #1619
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Glen...I don't have much info one way or another on Glen. I think he could be a cowboy on the "too quiet" basis, but he is also new and might just be playing a cautious game.

On the list of people who kept their votes on Gram, I see a lot of potential candidates, better than a lot of these five.

Couple of things. You think I've been quiet? I thought I was contributing to the situation, trying to puzzle out who is who, and what is what. I didn't think I was quiet.

I wholly agree with this last point though. There are lots of people that voted to lynch Gram, and didn't get off. Some of those people voted to lynch GE. That is a place to start in my opinion.

Anxiety, I'm unsure of. Lathum, I'm unsure of, Hoops isn't far behind Saladana who still hasn't really answered why he chose to let the town go two days without a lynch.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #1620
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just got back and caught up...

Well, damn. I definitely would have removed my vote lynch vote on Gram.

When taking care of his body, I found plans showing he had guarded some folks and plans showing he planned to guard folks in the future. I don't know who he planned to guard in the future. It wasn't that specific.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #1621
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Hey guys, just letting you know I will not have computer access from about 10 am EST tomorrow until about 7 pm EST on Saturday.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #1622
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Alright just so y'all aren't surprised.
I plan to Jail LoneStar Girl and Release Swaggs. If anybody has issue with this let me know.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #1623
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Does someone have the voting records for GE's and Gram's trials? I'm softening on Hoops. I still not sure about NtN and his ever growing circle of trust. Hell, can they all be cowboys? I think I can hear the cowboys laughing at me, but I'm afraid their laughing at all of us.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #1624
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have an issue NtN, but I've got others I suspect more. Can you share your thoughts about LSG? She tried to garner the sheriff job, so that doesn't make her high on my list of Cowboy candidates.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #1625
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I hope we have more to go on in the morning.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #1626
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I dont but Alan has the days set apart that was what...day 2 and day 4?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #1627
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the main reason is that several people have asked that she be Jailed. Chief Rum and Saldana tonight. And Cronin last night. She also is not someone that many have in and CoT.
However. I can be swayed. I have not put in that action yet. And if given a good reason Icould see myself going in a different way.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #1628
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm cool with jailing her.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 PM   #1629
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Let me also say this, since there seems to be a misconception about what ican do. I can not tell if they are Cowboy or Townsperson.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:04 AM   #1630
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can tell something about the people I talk to. And I can help some of them see the error of their ways... (so to speak) This last part has yet to happen in the game. I fear that if iwere to talk to those I suspect are cowboys, his last aspect of my role would rear its head and help the cowboys. This is why itry to stick with those I trust at least some.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #1631
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

move sent.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #1632
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let me also say this, since there seems to be a misconception about what ican do. I can not tell if they are Cowboy or Townsperson.

This doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy about the people in your, somewhat expansive, CoT.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:21 AM   #1633
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
This doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy about the people in your, somewhat expansive, CoT.

It wasn't supposed to. It is geared toward keeping my CoT growing in the right way. I believe everyone in my CoT will be able to handle any growing mistrust because of this statement. But iwant everyone to realize that when I bring in folks it is not any Mystic power that guided me to them. It is guided on readin the posts like everyone else and coming up with hypotheses and testing them.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:22 AM   #1634
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well iam off til the morning. I am sure I will be discussing that statement more when iget free after work.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM   #1635
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for clearing that up, ntn. Well, it looks like you wouldn't be able to help me much then, as you would probably discover things I have already revealed (i.e. my role, my skills, etc.). Do we have a true Seer-type player in this game?

I appear to have some influence over those with a vice for women. So I have some limited abilities here. I seem to remember Barkeep mentioning he may have abilities along those lines with those who have the alcohol vice. Perhaps Swaggs with power? My point is, there may be no true seer. It might be best if we have total role reveals at this point, at least those we're not sure will get us killed. Then we can work together to try to figure things out some more.

Of course, it's easy for me to talk about role reveals when I am "safe" in a jail, and my role is pretty much out there. So this effort might just die here.

I am the brothel girl (duh). I can influence anyone who has a vice for women. It's not automatic, but is more successful if they have a strong vice. I can influence information out of my johns.

And upon re-reading my original role PM, it appears I, too, cannot tell someone's allegiance, just their roles and vices. Well, that's a bummer.

I also think it would be nice to get a real good showdown going tomorrow. ntn can only jail one player (LSG, it appears). Perhaps bullet can go after another before he drinks himself into a permanent stupor.

As for the jail situation, obviously, I would ask to be released, but I don't know that there is any more information I can provide to prove what side I am on. I won't vote right now, as I should be back before the deadline tomorrow night (will be at work all day).

As for LSG, she is on my list of players whom I suspect greatly, and I definitely support her jailing.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #1636
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I can tell something about the people I talk to. And I can help some of them see the error of their ways... (so to speak) This last part has yet to happen in the game. I fear that if iwere to talk to those I suspect are cowboys, his last aspect of my role would rear its head and help the cowboys. This is why itry to stick with those I trust at least some.

Can you explain this. I can't understand how you visiting a cowboy would help them. I am really confused as to why you would avoid visiting people you suspect. I don't see an advantage to visiting only good people.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #1637
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wish i could show you that i am just a villlager, but I dont have anything. Maybe once I get my night action (IF I get a night action) i'll have something that will convince y'all. Also, there have been a lot more people voting to jail racer, path, or fouts, than me. I dont know why out of the four, you would automatically pick me. And whoever teh seer is, if you want to visit me and see. Feel free. I am nothing but a lonely singer.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #1638
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And why would a cowboy want to sherrif so much? That doesn't seem right to me.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #1639
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Damn, nobody is on, not even alant.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #1640
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Most of the town leaves the square somewhat saddened after the lynching of Grammaticus. Most head to the nearby Saloon for drinks and dinner, which is somewhat less enthusiastic than the previous day. There still is singing and card games, but the conversation tone is much more somber.

Eventually everyone heads home for a full night sleep, hoping they won't be the one targeted this evening. As the morning you all awake, having survived the night! All.... except for one. Word gets around fairly quickly that there was yet another death. Tonight, it was Fouts that was found in his home dead. When will the killings stop...

Tired players:
Chubby

Current Sheriff:
Ntndeacon

Currently in Jail:
Chief Rum
Lonestargirl

Deadline for Day5: 9:00pm EST Friday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (9 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Chief Rum and Lonestargirl. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (9 votes)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #1641
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think i might need swags to save me tonight. Everybody is going to want a lynching...
Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #1642
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am out for the day. I can't say I'm surprised by last nights kill, fouts put a pretty big target on himself. Until LSG has someone vouch for her I think it is a no brainer. I am voting now because I may be gone most of the day but if new info comes out I can change my vote.

lynch LSG
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #1643
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Before the day's conversations start, also want to talk about the weekend. I can do it one of two ways:

#1 Night 5 ends Sunday morning 9:00am EST. Day 6 ends Monday 9:00pm EST.

#2 Night 5 ends Saturday evening 9:00pm EST. Day 6 ends Sunday evening 9:00pm EST. Night 6 ends Monday morning 9:00am EST.

Not sure what everyone's availability or desire is to play over the weekend. If you can let me know which you prefer either in thread or via pm, I'll say what the plan is later today.

By default, we'll go with the longer schedule unless the majority or most of the people want to go with the quicker schedule with play over the weekend.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #1644
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i'm ok with either
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #1645
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Jail St Cronin

If anyone is good with a gun and can intiate a showdown, I reccommend you get rid of St Cronin before he slits another player's throat.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #1646
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd prefer #2 as I resume real work next week so playing as much as possible this week, when I am able to post frequently is better personally.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #1647
Racer
College Benchwarmer

No lynch
unjail LoneStarGirl
Jail Glengoyne

If I was on when you guys were discussing this last night, I would have said this. LSG had the exact same experience as me during night one when Thomkal was shot. The only way she is a Cowboy is if she has been converted since night one. Anxiety, please review what she said concerning night one and that she mentioned both having a pleasant sleep and falling back to sleep shortly after the gunshots before anyone else.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #1648
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Elect Swaggs

This is my last post until Saturday night.

Alan T; #1 is better for me this weekend, but either way is fine for me every other weekend.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:51 AM   #1649
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
No lynch
unjail LoneStarGirl
Jail Glengoyne

If I was on when you guys were discussing this last night, I would have said this. LSG had the exact same experience as me during night one when Thomkal was shot. The only way she is a Cowboy is if she has been converted since night one. Anxiety, please review what she said concerning night one and that she mentioned both having a pleasant sleep and falling back to sleep shortly after the gunshots before anyone else.
Doesn't this just prove that she wasn't the one who killed Thomkal? We've now had killings two nights in a row and only Chubby is suddenly tired. This suggests to me that either:

Chubby is a cowby

or

More than one cowboy can kill.

So a given alibi on any given night doesn't seem to suggest proof that a person isn't a cowboy.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:51 AM   #1650
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Or, in this case, a cowgirl.