Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #1601
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dubb: I see only ill coming to me if I agree to hold off using my scarab.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #1602
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
now you are talking about two different things.

they can either attack or scan not both so which is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
To me that means attacking a fellow necro gives a 75% chance they merely discover each other. Am i mistaken?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #1603
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Dubb: I see only ill coming to me if I agree to hold off using my scarab.

Pass it on then. Give it to Path or Sun or Lathum. Don't freakin use it, I'm doing a scan tomorrow if I make it.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #1604
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Pass it on then. Give it to Path or Sun or Lathum. Don't freakin use it, I'm doing a scan tomorrow if I make it.
Let me know what you want me to say, as id love to have someone off my back.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #1605
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
To me that means attacking a fellow necro gives a 75% chance they merely discover each other. Am i mistaken?

I could be wrong on this, but I believe that it's an either/or decision...so if they commit to kill someone regardless of friend/foe, it goes through. If that weren't the case, we'd have a lot more attacks I think.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #1606
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

No, you're right. But a friendly death is a chance they might not be willing to take, especially since they lost one already day three. It also seems like neither of these attacks were coordinated -- I suspect we've had the same attacker two nights in a row who has yet to be linked in with the rest of the bad guys.

Side note, we also have to consider that we may have taken a disease in one of the last two nights and just don't know it yet. I'm not sure if the victim would realize they've been diseased or not, but if they don't it wouldn't surprise me if one of our known good players is already half dead.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #1607
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let me know what you want me to say, as id love to have someone off my back.

There are bigger fish to fry
Old 06-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #1608
Tyrith
College Starter

*writes "I will not comment on blade's ego" on a chalkboard fifty times*
Old 06-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #1609
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
There are bigger fish to fry

Thar she blows...it is Moby Dick!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #1610
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
No, you're right. But a friendly death is a chance they might not be willing to take, especially since they lost one already day three. It also seems like neither of these attacks were coordinated -- I suspect we've had the same attacker two nights in a row who has yet to be linked in with the rest of the bad guys.

Side note, we also have to consider that we may have taken a disease in one of the last two nights and just don't know it yet. I'm not sure if the victim would realize they've been diseased or not, but if they don't it wouldn't surprise me if one of our known good players is already half dead.

If there's one attacker, I think he's lousing things up for the necros. They're probably scrambling to find out who he is.

The disease thing is a good point. Now I'm scared..
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #1611
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
*writes "I will not comment on blade's ego" on a chalkboard fifty times*
You are going to unleash the f'ing fury...I just know it.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #1612
Blade6119
Coordinator

My ego will have to wait, im off to lunch.

I think bullet is the right move, and i think people should follow qwik and i. His actions today has made me certain hes bad. His defense just screamed desperate wolf to me. Please follow me in this my egyptian friends, and i believe we will be quite happy with its results.
Demotivation
Old 06-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #1613
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Even if that was true you think the necros (4-5) of them would risk an attack on an unknown just to hope they fail and find a friend? not good logic.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #1614
Tyrith
College Starter

random observation: schmidty sure is being quiet, even by the busy, show up late and vote last schmidty standard. Dunno if it's RL, part of a scam, or both.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #1615
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
If there's one attacker, I think he's lousing things up for the necros. They're probably scrambling to find out who he is.

This is why I think we're dealing with a splintered group still...whoever has this power hasn't used it yet, well, we'll find out tomorrow right, anyways, I think again, why waste the power on an unknown? So I'm sure it's still waiting in the wings, but that is bad juju m'man.

Of course, if you are healthy, you don't have to worry about it.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #1616
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I talked about this the other day too. could see a multi kill night real soon with the zealot still out there as well.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #1617
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me. But two nights in a row we've had someone make a fifty-percent at best attack, which just doesn't seem that great anyway. To have two different people do it? The only way it makes sense is if they thought there was some great advantage to having path dead now...a ruling council bad guy, perhaps? But blade has kept the "path might be bad" flame alive now so it seems weird to try to kill him. I dunno, it just doesn't make a ton of sense no matter how it's sliced.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #1618
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm not sure disease is likely right now. It can only be used twice a game so why waste it so early?

Also, I may have missed this but if the head necro casts disease on someone it's possible they could be diseasing another necro?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #1619
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think bullet is the right move, and i think people should follow qwik and i. His actions today has made me certain hes bad. His defense just screamed desperate wolf to me. Please follow me in this my egyptian friends, and i believe we will be quite happy with its results.

what actions today? he hasn't done or said anything except he expects to be lynched?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #1620
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I'm not sure disease is likely right now. It can only be used twice a game so why waste it so early?

Also, I may have missed this but if the head necro casts disease on someone it's possible they could be diseasing another necro?

I could see the play as of last night, IF you assume dubb and I are good. Everyone else is still an unknown to everyone...kill off the two that can start making circles of trust.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #1621
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I think I'd be the most likely victim of disease if the bad guys wanted me dead.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #1622
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
random observation: schmidty sure is being quiet, even by the busy, show up late and vote last schmidty standard. Dunno if it's RL, part of a scam, or both.

Seems like normal Schmidty to me. He's always Under the radar and someone I'm usually more likely to lynch if i run out of other decent candidates.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #1623
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have to leave for work in about an hour so I need to get ready. Oddly enough without a night kill it is pretty hard to have anything to go on. Chubby had some pressure on him yesterday and has been quiet today. I'm going to stick with my suspiscouns of him for today unless anything changes before I leave in about an hour.

VOTE CHUBBY
Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #1624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with path being a possible disease candidate, but I find it unlikely anyone else, untill we find out who the "power" roles are I think disease is unlikely. Either way I think disease is a mute point considering unless you are "healty" you are pretty much "cough * cough" screwed.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #1625
Tyrith
College Starter

My own personal trust list right now:

Path
SnDvls
----
Dubb
----
everyone else
----
alan (possibly in operation screw cronin, but otherwise in the group above)
barkeep (same, but even less suspicion than alan)
----
bullet

And the first two groups are the only likely disease targets. Fact of the matter is that sndvls is really the only person universally trusted right now.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #1626
Schmidty
Coordinator

This game is going way too fast for me to keep up. I'm leaving soon, and won't be back until around 3 pm PST.

If someone has the time, may I have a summary of what the hell is going on this morning? Every hour I check in, there's 2-3 new pages.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #1627
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
This game is going way too fast for me to keep up. I'm leaving soon, and won't be back until around 3 pm PST.

If someone has the time, may I have a summary of what the hell is going on this morning? Every hour I check in, there's 2-3 new pages.

your butt is on the line and it's 9-1 to lynch you ....J/K

read every 3rd post there's enough quoting in there to get the idea.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #1628
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb: What gives you the idea that my using the scarab would preven you from using your abilities? Now that I have announced I have it, if I do not use it tonight, I can't help but feel that I have a huge target on my back.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #1629
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think I'd be the most likely victim of disease if the bad guys wanted me dead.

That makes a lot of sense. But, I have to ask, were you physically attacked last night, or did you just spot someone in your room? To more accurately describe what happened to me: I heard a noise, and saw a figure leaving. I ran after him, with no luck. However, when I came back, I saw the (useless) dagger, of necromancer style.

Maybe I was diseased, and not attacked?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #1630
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb: What gives you the idea that my using the scarab would preven you from using your abilities? Now that I have announced I have it, if I do not use it tonight, I can't help but feel that I have a huge target on my back.

I don't think it would prevent me from using my abilities, but if it is cursed, I have a feeling that it could mess with the results of my scan. If it can mess with the seer, I see no reason why it couldn't mess with me.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #1631
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 4 Storm Clouds

The day has proceeded briskly, with Blade6119 holding court and other spiritedly debating him on all conceivable topics. At noon the sky turns completely black. Thunder rings through the air at an impossible frequency; the collective group shudders at the raw display of nature.

It is difficult at first to here the screams of Blade6119 above the thunderclaps. But screaming he is, as he rips aside his shirt to reveal an enormous, moving, lump in his stomach. With a terrible ripping sound, the one-eyed, four-foot beetle emerges from within the stomach of Blade6119 and begins to feast on the dying mans remains. How is Blade6119 not yet dead? Only the gods know, and it is clear that this man is not among the favored. The scene drags on for an improbably long time, as the Egyptians are fearful of this magical creature. Finally, Tyrith crushes the bug with a large rock. Blade6119 is still alive, but missing an eye, an ear, and maybe another 50% of his face. His stomach wounds are terminal and there is nothing anyone can do to keep him from bleeding out onto the desert.

Blade6119 turns to the crowd to speak his last words, but that isn't happening either as a swarm of locusts emerge from his throat.

Day 4 continues.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #1632
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

......the fuck?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #1633
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4]

Seer.

Fuck me.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #1634
st.cronin
General Manager

:o

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #1635
st.cronin
General Manager

Blade don't you pm me with any spoilers. Nor anybody else who dies.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #1636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

oh my.

now I'm confused. Was Blades whole "I would never scan Lathum" an attempt to throw suspiscoun off of him?

If so I guess I owe him an apology.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #1637
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok then. How do you like THEM apples?

Vote bullet

You say you were sure about this one? That's great news for us!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #1638
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
oh my.

now I'm confused. Was Blades whole "I would never scan Lathum" an attempt to throw suspiscoun off of him?

If so I guess I owe him an apology.
Eh hold your apology. By the time you finish with it he'll have done something else to piss you off. That's what I've found :P
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #1639
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My own personal trust list right now:

Path
SnDvls
----
Dubb
----
everyone else
----
alan (possibly in operation screw cronin, but otherwise in the group above)
barkeep (same, but even less suspicion than alan)
----
bullet

And the first two groups are the only likely disease targets. Fact of the matter is that sndvls is really the only person universally trusted right now.

Despite what it may seem like, I'm not evil in -every- game!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #1640
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
aint that the truth
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #1641
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think it would prevent me from using my abilities, but if it is cursed, I have a feeling that it could mess with the results of my scan. If it can mess with the seer, I see no reason why it couldn't mess with me.
I do. Because it's listed as such in the rules for the seer but not for you. You are not a seer, you are a soothsayer.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #1642
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote bulletsponge

What the hell was that all about?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #1643
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok then. How do you like THEM apples?

Vote bullet

You say you were sure about this one? That's great news for us!

Quite right, quite right.

Vote Bullet
Old 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #1644
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The day has proceeded briskly, with Blade6119 holding court and other spiritedly debating him on all conceivable topics. At noon the sky turns completely black. Thunder rings through the air at an impossible frequency; the collective group shudders at the raw display of nature.

It is difficult at first to here the screams of Blade6119 above the thunderclaps. But screaming he is, as he rips aside his shirt to reveal an enormous, moving, lump in his stomach. With a terrible ripping sound, the one-eyed, four-foot beetle emerges from within the stomach of Blade6119 and begins to feast on the dying mans remains. How is Blade6119 not yet dead? Only the gods know, and it is clear that this man is not among the favored. The scene drags on for an improbably long time, as the Egyptians are fearful of this magical creature. Finally, Tyrith crushes the bug with a large rock. Blade6119 is still alive, but missing an eye, an ear, and maybe another 50% of his face. His stomach wounds are terminal and there is nothing anyone can do to keep him from bleeding out onto the desert.

Blade6119 turns to the crowd to speak his last words, but that isn't happening either as a swarm of locusts emerge from his throat.

Day 4 continues.

So.. Blade being the seer, was most argumentative against Lathum. This could be a setup, but that would have to have been some elaborative setup.

My questions: What role(s) could have done that day kill? Good or bad?

Right now, I think the most suspect as far as reveals goes is Lathum

Vote Lathum
Old 06-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #1645
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I do. Because it's listed as such in the rules for the seer but not for you. You are not a seer, you are a soothsayer.

OK then, go right ahead then. I'm just worried on the off chance that it could effect me.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #1646
SnDvls
Pro Starter

make the vote easy now I guess

vote bullet
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #1647
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Er wait, where did Blade say he was sure of bullet? I'll change my vote to him I didnt realize blade said he was sure of him though. (ie: I never saw anything that looked like a scan. moreso just him not liking bullet's play)
Old 06-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #1648
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
So.. Blade being the seer, was most argumentative against Lathum. This could be a setup, but that would have to have been some elaborative setup.

Right now, I think the most suspect as far as reveals goes is Lathum

Vote Lathum
Alan: I think we can have a discussion about new suspects tomorrow. But Blade made it clear he was SURE about this vote. In seer retrospect it's clear that bullet is a bad guy, otherwise Blade would have been more careful about the words he used to describe the vote.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #1649
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

Off the top of my head I'd venture a guess that it almost had to be The Prophecy.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #1650
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Wow...reminds me of the scene in Spaceballs...

"sh*t, get this guy some peptoBIZMOL!"

Sorry blade, you were in my circle of trust...