Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #1601
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post

Thanks for continuing to update the game, HeavyReign. It has become much more stable--in my latest 50 year career, I think I only had experienced a run-time error once in the entire span. (I play it on a Linux machine utilizing VirtualBox. In prior releases, I would see a crash maybe every 5 seasons, especially later in my careers)

Anyway, I did notice a couple of potential bugs in the latest release:
1. The "No Offers" filter does not appear to work in the recruit screens
2. Players who are out due to injury or suspension do not necessarily drop to the bottom in the depth chart screen when you have the assistant recommend. I think they are still "out" for the purposes of game play, but I had an instance of a suspended player dropping only to the 13th spot on the depth chart screen (above two active players), for some reason

Thanks again!
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #1602
henry296
College Starter

I think I may have figured out how to re-create the RTE 360. i was on the roster screen and selected one of the options from the drop down like Offensive Attributes. Before the screen could re-draw, I selected Defensive Attributes and got the RTE 360. As mentioned before, it is just from clicking too fast.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #1603
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware View Post
Thanks for continuing to update the game, HeavyReign. It has become much more stable--in my latest 50 year career, I think I only had experienced a run-time error once in the entire span. (I play it on a Linux machine utilizing VirtualBox. In prior releases, I would see a crash maybe every 5 seasons, especially later in my careers)

Anyway, I did notice a couple of potential bugs in the latest release:
1. The "No Offers" filter does not appear to work in the recruit screens

Has anyone else had any issues with the no offers filter? I haven't touched that code at all recently and I can't seem to recreate the issue so far. Perhaps send your saved game to [email protected] and I'll see if I can recreate it that way.

If you pass along any other errors you are encountering that would be great. While they could be related to playing using VirtualBox, it might be something that I can recreate as well.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #1604
wahoomac
Mascot

One thing I have noticed in our online FOFC league, when I go to Career Stats for my players, and select Career Shooting, it just replicates the data from the columns of Career Averages (or whatever I selected before that--30 minute averages or Career Totals). Might be an easy fix. Just thought I would bring that up.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #1605
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2123.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.1.23 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.1.23
Fixes:
*Injured or suspended players should no longer appear before active players on the recommended depth chart.
*Added code to prevent error 360. Please let me know if you encounter this and which screen was loading.
*Fixed the career shooting display on the career stats screen.
*Clicking on a coach when viewing your past assistants allows you to view that coach's profile.

Version 2.1.22
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 when setting up championship tourney due to not enough teams with winning records.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #1606
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Has anyone else had any issues with the no offers filter? I haven't touched that code at all recently and I can't seem to recreate the issue so far. Perhaps send your saved game to [email protected] and I'll see if I can recreate it that way.

If you pass along any other errors you are encountering that would be great. While they could be related to playing using VirtualBox, it might be something that I can recreate as well.

I haven't but I have barely used that filter. I do notice that it doesn't sort properly in the recruiting screen, ie - when I want to sort by best PSD (of scouted players of course) it doesn't sort correctly.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #1607
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

Thanks. I haven't been able to replicate it either (or the other issue I identified), so maybe it's a one off. With that being said, I'll send you the saved game file if I do encounter it again. Also, I'll try to do a better job of reporting RTEs (as I mentioned, the incidence has gone way down in the last few updates).
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #1608
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I haven't but I have barely used that filter. I do notice that it doesn't sort properly in the recruiting screen, ie - when I want to sort by best PSD (of scouted players of course) it doesn't sort correctly.

Are you saying the attribute sorting isn't working at all there on the main recruiting overview screen for you?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #1609
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Are you saying the attribute sorting isn't working at all there on the main recruiting overview screen for you?

Sorry, to be more specific. When using rating scale A to F, it doesn't sort potentials properly. I just checked other scenarios and it works fine, except for A to F rating scale.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #1610
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Thanks, that is now fixed.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #1611
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

One thing I have noticed all along is the need for better blow-out logic. My last game is an example. I won 103-59 and all five of my starters played at least 31 minutes, with only four subs used for a total of 31 minutes.

In a game like this, the second five should be in the game when score differential hits +/- 25 or so and five minutes to go. Then the bench cleared in the last minute or two. That would give the PT whiners a little time to show why they belong on the bench.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #1612
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
One thing I have noticed all along is the need for better blow-out logic. My last game is an example. I won 103-59 and all five of my starters played at least 31 minutes, with only four subs used for a total of 31 minutes.

In a game like this, the second five should be in the game when score differential hits +/- 25 or so and five minutes to go. Then the bench cleared in the last minute or two. That would give the PT whiners a little time to show why they belong on the bench.
+1
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1613
bryce
High School Varsity

I've got a training question. If a player's actual ability in a category exceeds his potential, does it do any good to keep training him in that category?

Example: I have a sophomore PG who rates as a C in handling. His potential is D. Last year I still allocated 10 training points to handling, but it resulted in no increase. This year I'm wondering if it's worth that allocation again, or if I would be better off allocating those points elsewhere to skills that WOULD potentially increase...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bryce : 03-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #1614
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
I've got a training question. If a player's actual ability in a category exceeds his potential, does it do any good to keep training him in that category?

Example: I have a sophomore PG who rates as a C in handling. His potential is D. Last year I still allocated 10 training points to handling, but it resulted in no increase. This year I'm wondering if it's worth that allocation again, or if I would be better off allocating those points elsewhere to skills that WOULD potentially increase...

Thanks in advance.
Good question, I've been wondering the same thing. I think there's been some talk that if the player's athletic ratings improve that his skill ratings can exceed his potential, but I haven't been tracking this with my careers to see if it's actually true.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #1615
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post

+2

I've seen games decided by 30+ with all ten starters on the floor when the game ended.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #1616
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

Thanks in advance.

You can still see small increases if you are over the potential. If you are training another skill that actually has use to the player that may be better though. I'd experiment while using the 0-100 ratings to get a better feel for how much more growth you can get.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #1617
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
You can still see small increases if you are over the potential. If you are training another skill that actually has use to the player that may be better though. I'd experiment while using the 0-100 ratings to get a better feel for how much more growth you can get.

Good to know, thanks.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #1618
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm glad you said this. I thought I noticed this, but I was never sure because the columns are so small most of the time, and I don't trust my aging eyesight. I do use the 0-100 scale while I'm learning the game. Then I'll switch.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #1619
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

IMO, the new startup squads for lower level schools makes the game more realistic and challenging. I've started up games as Princeton and VCU and played four seasons as each. Extremely difficult as Princeton, hard recruiting as VCU--although the on-court results have been excellent with four NCAA appearances and three first round wins.

My biggest problem in both cases has been falling team prestige and the resulting lower budget (even before staff raise demands reduced recruiting money). Not sure why the prestige tumbled for VCU when I made the NCAA tournament four straight years. The past season with only a 14th seed, brought a drop from 69 to 67, and the first three seasons left me at 69 each year. I am now the highest prestige in the CAA, as G Mason and ODU have tumbled quite a bit, so that may be the answer.

Anyway, the lower prestige schools are much more difficult and I think will force you to accept new jobs to keep going, much as reality will.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #1620
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I noticed a nice little touch for the first time while playing last night. There is a little notation at the bottom of the screen that tells you what your winning or losing streak is. What I never noticed before is that it carries over to the next season. I had a 49 game winning streak going!

It would be a cool addition to record the top 50 (or even just 10) winning and losing streaks for each team and for overall!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #1621
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Anyone else playing FBCB on a Mac? I'm running Parallels and I've been getting intermittent crashes. In my most recent seasons, the crashes picked up and and finally were occurring about every other game. Now every time I open the file I get a Runtime error 9 message. Both Parallels and my Mac have been a bit quirky lately, and I'm not expecting support for this -- just curious if anyone else has issues trying to run on a Mac.

While I still LOVE this game, the continued frequency of huge first round upsets in the tournament is maddening. In my current career in about 10 seasons with the current version, I had at least four #16 seeds winning first round games. In one season I had 2 #16s and a #15 seed win first round games. This remains my only complaint about this game.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #1622
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If any of the Mac crashes you are getting are run-time errors I can look into them.

I have some things in mind to help with the upsets. I'm mainly working on expanding the options for number of teams/games per conference right now so it would be after that. I'm also going to be out of town all of next week so things are going to be slow for now. Its been a rough month for getting stuff done between getting sick, watching the tourney, my grandma's funeral, and now vacation
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #1623
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Kudos HR for the updates and attention. The game just keeps getting better and well worth every penny in terms of replayability.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #1624
LloydLungs
College Prospect

For the record I'm not seeing the upset issue. I probably have had about five 16 seeds beat 1s in 30 or so seasons, which is definitely high, but overall if anything I've seen slightly fewer total upsets than in real life. I hope there isn't going to be anything done to artificially boost top seeds.

I would say that it is an unusual year when I don't have two 1 seeds in the F4.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #1625
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wondering if there is a way we can get team history to be generated in the HTML output somehow?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #1626
Comey
College Starter

I'm definitely seeing less common upsets right now. I'm simming out a history and recording it before I start coaching; I'm 20 years in right now. So far, there's been one double-digit seed getting to the Final Four; there have been nine of the 76 teams (two years are not recorded at the moment) that have gotten to the Final Four. I don't know if that's par for the course in comparison to real life. But I'm seeing far more 1 and 2 than any other seed, especially 3-5 seeds. If anything, it's possible that there are too many 1s and not enough 3s and 4s getting there.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #1627
youcancallmeal
n00b

If you find the time/are so inclined, one area that could be improved is scheduling, which is too easy for the smaller schools. Conference level should be taken into account (if it isn't already). If I'm a mid-major, teams from the Big East, Pac-10, etc should want nothing to do with me. Even if their prestige is lousy, they should rarely accept offers to play a one-off game at my place.

Against other mid-majors...I shouldn't be able to pick on them by making them come to my place year after year. If they're of comparable quality to me, they should reject me sometimes, or only accept me if I offer a home-and-home.

Just generally, it's too easy to handpick your schedule. A reasonable request it always gets approved. I'd like to see the CPU reject me sometimes. I shouldn't be able to say "OK, on December 7 I'll play X, on the 12th I'll play Y"...and have everything come out perfect after one scheduling round.

Sometimes I play with a house rule...for the first 3-4 scheduling rounds I only react to the CPU's offers, can't propose my own. I allow myself to make offers only after most teams are already set. It's a more realistic picture of college BB scheduling in my opinion...kind of a messy process where you can't always get your first choice.

Last edited by youcancallmeal : 03-26-2011 at 12:50 AM.
youcancallmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #1628
flukeshot
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
I noticed a nice little touch for the first time while playing last night. There is a little notation at the bottom of the screen that tells you what your winning or losing streak is. What I never noticed before is that it carries over to the next season. I had a 49 game winning streak going!

That's pretty impressive. My personal longest is only 36, also spanning parts of two seasons. What team were you at?
flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #1629
flukeshot
n00b

As I've written elsewhere in this thread, I've had a 15 seed win a national title and a 16 make the Final Four, and while those are obviously pretty weird, given a large enough time frame I would expect some oddities. I'm generally happy with the way the tournament plays out right now.
flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1630
henry296
College Starter

I would love to see preseason coaches polls for all conferences.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #1631
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I would love to see preseason coaches polls for all conferences.

+1

And have fewer unanimous first place teams, particularly early in the season. I know its cosmetic, but when a Big Ten and ACC team are both unbeaten after a dozen games, neither one is going to get all the votes. Its also rare for more than two teams to have first place votes. Spreading around the votes would be a nice touch.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #1632
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ran across an interesting team as far as seeding:
Code:
#9 TEXAS SOUTHERN TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 34 Record Vs 1-50: 1-0 Poll Rank: #9 Season Record: 31-2 Record Vs 51-100: 0-0 RPI Rank: #34 Conference Record: 17-1 Record Vs 101-200: 10-2 Home Record: 13-0 Record Vs 200+: 20-0

This reminded me of the report of the #1 seed from a lower conference that had an RPI in the 30s. Based on current standards, where do you think this team would be likely to be seeded?

Last edited by HeavyReign : 03-26-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #1633
Comey
College Starter

Probably a 3-4 seed. Their record vs the top 100 is non-existent. But you can't hold that too much against them. Their body of work is very solid.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #1634
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Here's a build to try out while I'm gone this week. If you run into any problems with the less restrictive conference settings leave a post and I'll check it out when I get home next weekend.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2124.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.1.24 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.1.24
Fixes:
*Fixed sort by potential on recruiting screen when using A-F rating scale.
*Bubble watch now supports 68 team tourney.

Changes:
*Added a 2 team tiebreaker conference tourney option.
*Conferences can now hold between 2 and 20 teams.
*Added more options for total conference games depending on the number of teams in the conference.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #1635
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukeshot View Post
That's pretty impressive. My personal longest is only 36, also spanning parts of two seasons. What team were you at?

Code:
COACH DETAILS Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2084 Holy Cross Head Coach 18 15 8 6 NCAA Tournament Play-in Game 2083 Holy Cross Head Coach 15 15 6 8 No Postseason 2082 Holy Cross Head Coach 11 19 8 6 No Postseason 2080 Syracuse Head Coach 15 17 9 9 No Postseason 2079 Syracuse Head Coach 22 14 10 8 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2078 Syracuse Head Coach 34 3 16 2 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2077 Syracuse Head Coach 27 9 12 6 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 2076 Syracuse Head Coach 31 8 13 5 NCAA Champion 2075 Syracuse Head Coach 34 4 16 2 Loss in NCAA Championship Game 2074 Syracuse Head Coach 37 1 17 1 NCAA Champion 2073 Syracuse Head Coach 24 10 12 6 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2072 Syracuse Head Coach 21 14 10 8 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2071 Syracuse Head Coach 20 14 10 8 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2070 Syracuse Head Coach 32 5 17 1 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 2069 Syracuse Head Coach 26 8 13 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2068 Syracuse Head Coach 20 13 8 10 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2067 Syracuse Head Coach 20 14 9 9 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2066 Syracuse Head Coach 29 6 15 3 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2065 Syracuse Head Coach 24 10 12 6 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2064 Kansas Head Coach 25 11 9 7 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2063 Kansas Head Coach 21 12 11 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2062 Kansas Head Coach 24 11 10 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2061 Kansas Head Coach 15 15 7 9 No Postseason 2060 Michigan Head Coach 21 15 8 10 CBI Champion 2059 Michigan Head Coach 11 20 7 11 No Postseason 2058 Michigan Head Coach 16 16 6 12 Loss in NIT Round 1 2057 Michigan Head Coach 24 9 13 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2056 Colgate Head Coach 27 8 13 1 Loss in NIT Round 2 2055 Colgate Head Coach 22 15 8 6 Loss in CBI Finals 2054 Colgate Head Coach 19 15 9 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1

2074-2075 with Syracuse. I lost my only game in the Big East opener in 2074, then didn't lose until mid-way through the Big East schedule in 2075, to Connecticut, in Storrs.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #1636
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Probably a 3-4 seed. Their record vs the top 100 is non-existent. But you can't hold that too much against them. Their body of work is very solid.

They honestly remind me of Utah State this year. Utah state was 0-2 vs top 25, and 2-0 vs 50-100. Utah State also had an RPI of 19. Bracketology had them as a #8 seed and they ended up much lower.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #1637
henry296
College Starter

Here is anothe weird play. I was losing by 23 points and the computer got the ball with 8 seconds left and shot and made a 3 pointer with their best player. They should just let the clock run out in that situation. Also,as mentioned early why is the best playr on the court in that situation.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #1638
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Here is anothe weird play. I was losing by 23 points and the computer got the ball with 8 seconds left and shot and made a 3 pointer with their best player. They should just let the clock run out in that situation. Also,as mentioned early why is the best playr on the court in that situation.

Obvious gambling situation.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #1639
Comey
College Starter

dola--

Those of you who have done some long-term simming, what kind of coaching records are you seeing? I have what would have been an incredible cpu dynasty in Gary Hotchkiss, who is entering his 36th year at UConn. His record is 1088-233, with nine championship game appearances (including three in a row right now; he's 4-5 in those appearances). He's now 61, and probably has another ten years in him. I find it amazing; he's the JoePa of this universe. There's one other coach with 900+ wins (he's still kicking, at Texas), but only three other active coaches have more than 700 wins.

It's even more incredible that he has been at UConn every year of his 36-year career, that he started at age 25, and that UConn has failed to miss a single NCAA Tournament as of yet.

I've kept the HTML files of every season in this universe, so I hope to re-tell his story as I go through the history of my league.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #1640
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Code:
#9 TEXAS SOUTHERN TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 34 Record Vs 1-50: 1-0 Poll Rank: #9 Season Record: 31-2 Record Vs 51-100: 0-0 RPI Rank: #34 Conference Record: 17-1 Record Vs 101-200: 10-2 Home Record: 13-0 Record Vs 200+: 20-0

This reminded me of the report of the #1 seed from a lower conference that had an RPI in the 30s. Based on current standards, where do you think this team would be likely to be seeded?

I was going to say they reminded me of Northern Iowa last year when they were a 8 or 9 seed.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #1641
Radii
Head Coach

Comey:

Here is the winningest coach in our online league, going back to the original game for most of it of course. Its a CPU coach that has turned Dayton into quite the power.

Code:
COACH DETAILS Willis Cain - Head Coach - Dayton -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 64 Career Record: 1002 - 329 Recruiting: 100 Scouting: 100 Offense: 100 Defense: 100 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2037 Dayton Head Coach 31 6 12 4 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2036 Dayton Head Coach 36 2 16 0 Loss in NCAA Final Four 2035 Dayton Head Coach 32 2 16 0 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2034 Dayton Head Coach 36 2 14 2 NCAA Champion 2033 Dayton Head Coach 34 5 14 2 FBCA Champion 2032 Dayton Head Coach 33 6 14 2 Loss in FBCA Final Four 2031 Dayton Head Coach 28 7 14 2 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2030 Dayton Head Coach 30 8 15 1 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2029 Dayton Head Coach 35 3 15 1 Loss in FBCA Final Four 2028 Dayton Head Coach 32 5 14 2 Loss in FBCA Elite Eight 2027 Dayton Head Coach 26 8 14 2 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2026 Dayton Head Coach 19 14 10 6 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2025 Dayton Head Coach 26 10 14 2 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2024 Dayton Head Coach 29 9 13 3 Loss in FBCA Elite Eight 2023 Dayton Head Coach 26 9 15 1 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2022 Dayton Head Coach 25 11 11 5 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2021 Dayton Head Coach 34 4 16 0 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2020 Dayton Head Coach 32 6 15 1 Loss in FBCA Elite Eight 2019 Dayton Head Coach 28 6 16 0 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2018 Dayton Head Coach 22 14 10 6 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2017 Dayton Head Coach 18 14 8 8 No Postseason 2016 Dayton Head Coach 23 11 11 5 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2015 Dayton Head Coach 26 10 13 3 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2014 Dayton Head Coach 19 14 13 3 Loss in FBIT Round 2 2013 Dayton Head Coach 19 15 10 8 Loss in FBIT Round 2 2012 Dayton Head Coach 30 8 15 3 Loss in FBCA Final Four 2011 Dayton Head Coach 29 7 16 2 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2009 Connecticut Head Coach 23 13 11 7 Loss in FBCA Elite Eight 2008 Connecticut Head Coach 28 10 11 7 FBCA Champion 2007 Connecticut Head Coach 15 18 7 11 No Postseason 2006 Connecticut Head Coach 30 10 14 4 FBCA Champion 2005 Connecticut Head Coach 26 8 12 4 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2004 Saint Joseph's Head Coach 21 12 11 5 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2003 North Carolina State Head Coach 27 8 11 5 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2002 North Carolina State Head Coach 17 14 8 8 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2001 North Carolina State Head Coach 19 11 10 6 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2000 North Carolina State Head Coach 26 8 12 4 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2036 Atlantic 10 Champion 2035 Atlantic 10 Champion 2034 NCAA Champion 2034 Atlantic 10 Champion 2033 FBCA Champion 2033 Atlantic 10 Champion 2032 Atlantic 10 Champion 2031 Atlantic 10 Champion 2029 Atlantic 10 Champion 2028 Atlantic 10 Champion 2027 Atlantic 10 Champion 2024 Atlantic 10 Champion 2023 Atlantic 10 Champion 2021 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic 10) 2021 Atlantic 10 Champion 2020 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic 10) 2020 Atlantic 10 Champion 2019 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic 10) 2019 Atlantic 10 Champion 2012 Atlantic 10 Champion 2008 FBCA Champion 2006 FBCA Champion 2003 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic Coast Conference) 2000 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic Coast Conference) Job Movement: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Move -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Hired by Dayton (Head Coach) 2005 Hired by Connecticut (Head Coach) 2005 Quit job with Saint Joseph's to pursue a higher position 2004 Hired by Saint Joseph's (Head Coach) 2000 Hired by North Carolina State (Head Coach)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #1642
Radii
Head Coach

3rd winningest head coach (#2 CPU Coach, Alhill had a superdynasty at Tennesse as the first person to figure out the steals strategy in the original game). This guy has moved quite a bit more often:

Code:
Richie McGregor - Head Coach - Iowa State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 64 Career Record: 859 - 387 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2037 Iowa State Head Coach 33 5 13 3 NCAA Champion 2036 Iowa State Head Coach 30 5 13 3 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2035 Iowa State Head Coach 30 7 12 4 Loss in NCAA Final Four 2034 Iowa State Head Coach 33 5 14 2 Loss in NCAA Final Four 2033 Iowa State Head Coach 29 8 13 3 Loss in FBCA Final Four 2032 Iowa State Head Coach 25 8 14 2 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2031 Iowa State Head Coach 22 13 13 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2030 Mississippi Head Coach 24 9 10 6 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2029 Mississippi Head Coach 21 14 8 8 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2028 Mississippi Head Coach 20 11 10 6 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2027 Arizona State Head Coach 23 11 14 4 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2026 Arizona State Head Coach 15 16 8 10 No Postseason 2025 Arizona State Head Coach 17 16 8 10 Loss in FBIT Round 2 2024 Arizona State Head Coach 23 11 15 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2023 Arizona State Head Coach 17 16 8 10 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2022 Arizona State Head Coach 28 5 15 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2021 Arizona State Head Coach 27 7 14 4 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2020 Temple Head Coach 25 9 13 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2019 Temple Head Coach 26 10 13 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2018 Temple Head Coach 20 13 10 6 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2017 Temple Head Coach 20 14 10 6 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2016 Oklahoma Assistant 21 14 10 6 Loss in FBIT Round 2 2015 Indiana State Head Coach 20 12 14 4 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2014 Indiana State Head Coach 25 11 15 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2013 Indiana State Head Coach 29 9 15 3 Loss in FBCA Final Four 2012 Indiana State Head Coach 27 9 15 3 Loss in FBCA Sweet Sixteen 2011 South Alabama Head Coach 19 12 14 4 No Postseason 2010 South Alabama Head Coach 20 11 13 5 Loss in FBIT Preliminary Round 2009 South Alabama Head Coach 27 6 16 2 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2008 South Alabama Head Coach 19 14 9 9 Loss in FBIT Preliminary Round 2007 South Alabama Head Coach 20 11 13 5 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2006 South Alabama Head Coach 20 13 14 4 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2005 South Alabama Head Coach 12 18 6 9 No Postseason 2004 Georgia State Head Coach 23 11 14 4 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 2 2003 Georgia State Head Coach 25 7 15 3 Loss in FBCA Tourney Round 1 2002 Georgia State Head Coach 23 9 14 4 Loss in FBIT Round 1 2001 Georgia State Head Coach 19 12 12 6 No Postseason 2000 Georgia State Head Coach 23 9 13 5 Loss in FBIT Round 1

I'm pretty sure he left Indiana State when a human coach otok it. I'm pretty sure his one year as an assistant with Oklahoma was under Balldog as a human coach as well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #1643
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Code:

I feel like this team would have been stuck at about #15 in the polls, and gotten stuck with a 7-10 seed in the tourney. I think they should get a 4-6 seed, but that's just me.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #1644
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My current league began in 1900 and it's currently 1996. Here's the top 50 coaches in all-time wins (all retired, btw.)

Code:
Coach Wins Records # NAME SEASON RECORD CURRENT TEAM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Brian Andrews 1940 1132 Retired 2. David Deleon 1939 1056 Retired 3. Neal Rasberry 1931 1007 Retired 4. Morgan Cool 1983 989 Retired 5. C.J. Cousins 1973 937 Retired 6. Clarence Morris 1935 934 Retired 7. Matthew Barns 1930 862 Retired 8. Maurice Davis 1945 859 Retired 9. Justin Bolden 1930 853 Retired 10. Harris Hillard 1928 840 Retired 11. Joe Gooden 1947 830 Retired 12. Richard Steinman 1933 823 Retired 13. Daniel Tapley 1960 821 Retired 14. Rusty Parry 1926 816 Retired 15. Sean Kirk 1973 802 Retired 16. Curt Clair 1934 772 Retired 17. Jared Williams 1971 766 Retired 18. Chris Horta 1925 753 Retired 19. Cornelius Young 1954 749 Retired 20. Wilson Riggs 1963 733 Retired 21. Aron Behrens 1936 724 Retired 22. Kenneth Christensen 1960 721 Retired 23. Chris Tindall 1973 718 Retired 24. Andrew Krantz 1983 706 Retired 25. Rich Marsh 1940 695 Retired 26. Matthew Jones 1930 688 Retired 27. Charles McCormick 1926 687 Retired 28. Marcus Kelly 1929 685 Retired 29. Zachariah Hoffmann 1983 678 Retired 30. Malcom Carlisle 1951 675 Retired 31. Leonel Forester 1960 675 Retired 32. Joel Castillo 1940 663 Retired 33. Hank Look 1980 660 Retired 34. Ahmed Wade 1923 658 Retired 35. Arthur Hoskins 1931 658 Retired 36. Gabriel Clevenger 1991 656 Retired 37. Isiah Barboza 1942 648 Retired 38. Isiah Key 1929 647 Retired 39. Thomas Gower 1921 642 Retired # NAME SEASON RECORD CURRENT TEAM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 40. Kasey Bragg 1993 642 Retired 41. Jackson Wilbanks 1977 640 Retired 42. Albert Hatter 1950 637 Retired 43. Julian Diaz 1958 637 Retired 44. Burl Branum 1980 632 Retired 45. Theodore Prine 1929 630 Retired 46. Jessie Madera 1928 629 Retired 47. Kevin Steinbach 1992 622 Retired 48. Doug Ochs 1936 621 Retired 49. Clifford Lavin 1933 620 Retired 50. Brian Etheridge 1949 614 Retired

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-27-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #1645
Comey
College Starter

That's kind of odd that no coaches are in the top 50 in wins. Not a single one.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #1646
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
That's kind of odd that no coaches are in the top 50 in wins. Not a single one.

I've noticed as you progress it takes coaches longer to get into head coaching jobs, usually they aren't getting jobs until they are in their mid-40s...usually coaching 12+ years as an assistant before getting a job at a small school.

As opposed to when you start a league, their are a lot of young coaches with high ratings.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #1647
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Side note, how does one get a printout of team info or coach info? I push print and it doesn't always work for those screens?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #1648
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I've noticed as you progress it takes coaches longer to get into head coaching jobs, usually they aren't getting jobs until they are in their mid-40s...usually coaching 12+ years as an assistant before getting a job at a small school.

As opposed to when you start a league, their are a lot of young coaches with high ratings.

Yep, that's exactly the reason. My league is from 1938 until about 2020 now, and most of the leaders are guys from the first season. One guy coached Arizona from like 1938 until the 60s, and IIRC won more than 20 games every single season except one.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #1649
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I actually feel a bit bad for the all time wins leader in my game. Paul Sylvia spent 5 years as an assistant coach before getting his first gig at Penn in 2035. He bounced around at a few schools before landing in Kansas where he made his first Final 4. There was a bit of a scandal and Kansas let him go, but he quickly found a job in Maryland. He went to 2 more Final 4's. In 2068 he got his dream job at Georgia Tech. He took them to 5 more Final 4's, losing in the Title game twice. In his career he went to the Final 4 8 times but never won a title. He finally decided to hang it up after the 2081 season, where he lost in the Final 4, figuring it was never meant to be. The next year, Georgia Tech wins the National Title.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #1650
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Also, in a long career, I LOVE going through this screen:

Code:
Stats Leaders # Team Apps W L Pct Sweet 16 Elite 8 F4 Champs -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Texas 82 203 73 .736 48 34 22 9 2 Syracuse 79 183 70 .723 48 25 17 9 3 Duke 79 171 76 .692 47 30 15 3 4 Kansas 77 137 75 .646 39 19 13 2 5 Auburn 77 107 77 .582 34 15 3 0 6 North Carolina 74 164 69 .704 43 31 17 5 7 Stanford 73 148 67 .688 36 22 15 6 8 UAB 70 128 69 .650 36 19 7 1 9 Hawaii 67 123 62 .665 31 20 11 5 10 Florida State 67 127 63 .668 33 17 12 4 11 West Virginia 66 135 65 .675 37 20 15 1 12 Pittsburgh 63 122 60 .670 32 18 9 3 13 Florida 63 115 57 .669 30 17 12 6 14 Minnesota 62 95 60 .613 24 12 7 2 15 Houston 62 102 62 .622 28 14 5 0 16 Oklahoma State 61 90 58 .608 22 13 6 3 17 Georgia Tech 60 118 59 .667 31 20 11 1 18 Kansas State 60 82 59 .582 21 8 4 1 19 Georgetown 56 73 56 .566 20 9 1 0 20 Memphis 55 62 55 .530 16 7 2 0 21 Rice 54 88 54 .620 25 12 3 0 22 Vanderbilt 54 88 54 .620 22 12 7 0 23 Tennessee 52 91 48 .655 18 12 10 4 24 UCLA 51 81 49 .623 21 11 6 2 25 Ohio State 51 70 50 .583 17 10 4 1 26 Clemson 49 77 48 .616 20 13 5 1 27 Nevada 48 57 47 .548 14 6 2 1 28 Southern California 48 75 47 .615 20 12 5 1 29 New Mexico 47 54 47 .535 13 7 3 0 30 San Diego 44 54 43 .557 14 5 2 1 31 Louisville 44 53 44 .546 14 6 3 0 32 Oregon 43 73 41 .640 18 10 7 2 33 Oklahoma 43 47 42 .528 11 4 3 1 34 Washington 42 69 42 .622 24 12 0 0 35 Notre Dame 42 55 42 .567 13 6 4 0 36 Mississippi State 41 71 40 .640 20 11 6 1 37 Connecticut 41 55 40 .579 15 9 4 1 38 Illinois 41 58 40 .592 16 8 3 1 39 Kentucky 40 40 40 .500 11 4 1 0

Note: I only coached Cuse to 2 of those titles and for only about 12 years total. I retire my coaches at appropriate times (after a certain age, perhaps after a great class leaves, or after finally winning a title, etc.)

West Virginia: 15 trips the Final 4 and they cut the nets down ONCE! That sucks.

Last edited by Marmel : 03-27-2011 at 10:56 PM.