Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #1551
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Picked up the King's Bounty pack today. Didn't even realize it was turn-based strategy until I watched the trailer. Really excited to play it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #1552
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Haven't checked this out personally yet , but I assume it's good until midnight at least. Half price sale today on the ME2 DLC.
Mass Effect 2 DLC Xbox Live Sale - G4tv.com

More than half-price, I think. I picked up Overlord and Shadow Broker for 200 points each (but I can't use either of them with my 360 out of commission, yay!) and I'm pretty sure at least Shadow Broker goes for 1200 normally.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #1553
Philliesfan980
Banned

Picked up Sim City 4 at that price.

Just a heads-up for those of you who bought the game recently, and have a newer computer, here are some helpful tips for playing the game. It's strange, but apparently newer multi-core CPU's don't like old games.

Looking to improve your SimCity 4 experience? - Steam Users' Forums
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #1554
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

nice - getting rid of that resolution cap will be great
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #1555
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post

Just a heads-up for those of you who bought the game recently, and have a newer computer, here are some helpful tips for playing the game. It's strange, but apparently newer multi-core CPU's don't like old games.

One other suggestion, for people using windows 7 (and maybe vista), the game has a horrible issue when you go from full screen and alt-tab out. Often it would stop working for me. So I always play in windows mode now to compensate for that.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #1556
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Direct2DRive 50% off sale

Ubisoft Headlines Direct2Drive Publisher's Week; 50% Off Select Games

Direct2Drive (D2D) is sending 2010 out in style with discounts on games from legendary publisher Ubisoft. With one of the most respected game catalogues in the field, Ubisoft has built its reputation on innovation and genre-defining titles. Celebrate its storied past with the following deals:
  • MONDAY: R.U.S.E.: The Art of Deception - Trick enemies with fake attacks or zoom in for up-close combat in this massive WWII real-time strategy game for 50% off.
  • TUESDAY: Assassin's Creed II Deluxe - Leap from building to building in fifteenth century Italy, silently stalking enemies while unraveling a centuries-old religious conspiracy for 50% off.
  • WEDNESDAY: Dawn of Discovery: Gold Edition - Explore the Orient as you forge alliances, construct cities, and recruit armies in this real-time strategy game for 50% off.
  • THURSDAY : Tom Clancy's HAWX - Take to the skies and shoot down the enemy with the latest technology in a battle of aerial warfare for 50% off.
  • FRIDAY: Heroes of Might and Magic Bundle - Control a wide variety of fantasy factions and play through six campaigns of spell-casting mayhem for 50% off.
Everything is on sale, depending on the price. Spend $49.95 save 25%, $29.95 save 15%, spend $19.95 save 10%.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #1557
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post

I didn't click on the link but fyi, I did find this at Widescreen Gamers: putting this in your shortcut to play at a high resolution

"C:\Games\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -f -intro:off
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #1558
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Been playing Gothic 4 all week but almost done. Then I'm going to see what you guys got for cheap.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #1559
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Big Fish games sale-$4.99 each

2010 Customer Favorites Awards | Big Fish Games Blog

My wife loves these games.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #1560
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thought that I would give Greed Corp a try on today's Steam deals.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #1561
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Thought that I would give Greed Corp a try on today's Steam deals.

Same. I almost bought it at the higher sale price, but decided to wait. Plants v. Zombies is a steal at it's price as well. If I didn't already have GR for City of Heroes, that would be an instant buy for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #1562
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I have been waiting to see if Hearts of Iron III would hit the sale page. I was going to buy it and Semper Fi on the last day anyway at the 50% price, so I am glad they made a complete pack today. Probably grab Greed Corp and Swords and Soldiers as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #1563
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I have been waiting to see if Hearts of Iron III would hit the sale page.

Just saw that one there, was also hoping it would go on sale one of these days.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #1564
Lonnie
High School Varsity

It's sitting in my cart, but Steam is having issues processing payments so I just have to keep trying every few minutes. I've tried three different credit cards and paypal, but it keeps telling me:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Hopefully I'll get it before tomorrow at noon.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #1565
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It's sitting in my cart, but Steam is having issues processing payments so I just have to keep trying every few minutes. I've tried three different credit cards and paypal, but it keeps telling me:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Hopefully I'll get it before tomorrow at noon.

Having the same issue.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #1566
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I got around it by selecting purchase as a gift and sent the links to one of my secondary email addresses. Then opened them and they were added to my library. Found that trick on the steam forums where other people were having the same issue. Downloading HOI III now.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #1567
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Unfortunately, I'm not having that issue. Steam seams to have no problem taking my money and me giving it.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #1568
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Greed Corp. Maybe it was due to the tutorial, but this looks to be as basic of a turn based strategy game you can come across with the ability to destroy land as the key standout tactic. I'll hopefully assume that things open up after you get past the initial starter group. Saying that, it still looks interesting enough with about 24 maps to pick from to get a decent bang for buck out of it and that's not even considering it's on sale for $2.50. It would be nice to see the game do well enough that expansion pack type content is added later on. I love some of the ideas they have in the game. They just need more of them. Tomorrow I'll kick the campaign tires and see where it goes.

Last edited by Matthean : 12-29-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #1569
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I have been waiting to see if Hearts of Iron III would hit the sale page. I was going to buy it and Semper Fi on the last day anyway at the 50% price, so I am glad they made a complete pack today. Probably grab Greed Corp and Swords and Soldiers as well.

I was going to mention the deal on Heart of Iron 3 pack. That sounds like a great bargain. I looked at it but I'm more into Civ than Paradox.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #1570
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I purchased CoH last night.... haven't played a MMO in a long long time (EQ). Anyone still logging on to CoH?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #1571
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I purchased CoH last night.... haven't played a MMO in a long long time (EQ). Anyone still logging on to CoH?

I'm roughly in the "Play when a new issue comes out for a bit and then go back to other stuff until the next issue comes out" phase, but I haven't really logged in for the newest issue(blames Titan Quest), but it's on my gaming to do list since there are certain characters I like playing a lot and I'm getting the itch again. Freedom is the busiest server, and Virtue is the second biggest and the unofficial RP server, but you don't have to RP. While you can find your crowd on just about any server, to me those two are by far the ideal servers for new players if they want decent teaming options. I'm off today, but I'll log by 9pm, so if you want to do run running around let me know.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #1572
SackAttack
Head Coach

KOTOR looks really incredible on my PC. Never looked this good on my Xbox. Wow.

systemrequirements.com says I should have a similar experience with Oblivion (which would be useful since my 360 is dead and the GOTY is $9.99 on Steam today). Hmm.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #1573
Izulde
Head Coach

Wish I'd picked up KotOR for that cheap price even though I don't have a controller for it.

Anybody know anything about Grand Ages of Rome?

EU3 complete for $5 looks tempting.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #1574
Icy
Pro Starter

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is really tempting... I never played the original version and i think i'm missing a top game that can keep me busy for ages... and the medieval age is more interesting for me than the post apocalyptic one in Fallout, any reason i shouldn't buy it?

What is the price of the Deluxe version in the USA store? it's 12.49€ in the Spanish store, same in $? (note i'm talking about GOTY Deluxe, not just GOTY)

Can any of you buy it for me and i pay back by paypal?
If so please add me to your steam friends (if i'm not already) and send me a message through the chat system, my steam ID is: icyspanish

Last edited by Icy : 12-30-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #1575
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Wish I'd picked up KotOR for that cheap price even though I don't have a controller for it.

You don't have a mouse and keyboard?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1576
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

I hate mouse and keyboard.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1577
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I never beat Oblivion, it did get a little old after awhile. But I still enjoyed it immensely for plenty of hours. Oblivion GOTY is currently on sale for $10 on Steam. I thought I got my $50 worth at the time.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #1578
Izulde
Head Coach

So, Academagia, which got mentioned in the Underrated Games thread, is on sale for $12.49 at Impulse, but didn't Stardock cause problems or am I thinking of something else?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #1579
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is really tempting... I never played the original version and i think i'm missing a top game that can keep me busy for ages... and the medieval age is more interesting for me than the post apocalyptic one in Fallout, any reason i shouldn't buy it?

What is the price of the Deluxe version in the USA store? it's 12.49€ in the Spanish store, same in $? (note i'm talking about GOTY Deluxe, not just GOTY)

Can any of you buy it for me and i pay back by paypal?
If so please add me to your steam friends (if i'm not already) and send me a message through the chat system, my steam ID is: icyspanish

$12.49. Heh. Now that you said something, I set up Paypal eons ago and I have no clue what card is on there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

I haven't played it much, but it never seemed like there was a benefit for using the controller.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #1580
Icy
Pro Starter

Lonnie just purchased Oblivion for me, thanks!

Long night awaits for me, what are the can't miss mods for improved gameplay?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #1581
Lonnie
High School Varsity

BTW my steam handle is DarkJoker same as xboxlive if anyone wants to add me on there. I'm picking up EU3 Complete today. Glad I won my fantasy football playoffs so I can afford all of these steam games.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #1582
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, Academagia, which got mentioned in the Underrated Games thread, is on sale for $12.49 at Impulse, but didn't Stardock cause problems or am I thinking of something else?

Must be thinking something else. Haven't had problems with anything from Impulse.

Oh and by the way, GTA IV Complete for $10 and Europa Universalis III Complete for just $5.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #1583
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, first time I heard of Stardock I thought the same thing and was confusing with something else. Never figured out what, maybe Securom?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #1584
Antmeister
Pro Starter

You guys must be thinking of StarForce DRM. That's something completely different.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #1585
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, that's what I had been confusing it with as well.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #1586
Izulde
Head Coach

Yep that was my confusion. Went ahead and bought the game now that I have my Windows comp back.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #1587
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
I hate mouse and keyboard.

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #1588
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

someone want to sell me or unsell me on Europa Universalis III?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #1589
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Well played.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 AM   #1590
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm a bit annoyed that it's likely to take the full day before Impulse sends me the serial for Academagia. But I did notice while reading the Academagia forums that Year 1 is just the first one. They're planning on releasing up to Year 5 and you can move your character from Year 1 into future years if you want.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:52 AM   #1591
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm a bit annoyed that it's likely to take the full day before Impulse sends me the serial for Academagia. But I did notice while reading the Academagia forums that Year 1 is just the first one. They're planning on releasing up to Year 5 and you can move your character from Year 1 into future years if you want.

Uh....seriously? Did you download the Impulse software? Because it should show up immediately under the My Games tab. Considering I just bought the same game a few hours ago, I know this to be true.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #1592
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, I bought Europa. for $5 I'll figure it out for myself
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #1593
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Uh....seriously? Did you download the Impulse software? Because it should show up immediately under the My Games tab. Considering I just bought the same game a few hours ago, I know this to be true.
Yep I downloaded the software and the only game that shows up under My Games is the MyColors game. I've fired off an email to sales this morning and am really annoyed right now.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #1594
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
someone want to sell me or unsell me on Europa Universalis III?

I'm interested in the responses you get to this...

This is a tricky one for me, though - it's a game I've heard lots of good things about, and is available at a very nice price, but I really don't have the time to play a game like this...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #1595
Izulde
Head Coach

Hmm. Academagia isn't showing up in my past orders, yet I know I ordered it yesterday. When I go to my account, it's sitting in my cart, but I remember seeing the purchased screen.

I'm tempted to say fuck it and just buy it again, because I'm impatient, but I already have the support ticket in to Stardock.

OTOH it's Friday on fucking New Year's Eve and they probably won't get back to me until Monday at the earliest.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #1596
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

It's well worth it. Difficult game to get started on, but has a ton of depth once you get into it. Just stick with it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #1597
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Quote:

I picked it up. I already owned the original version, so I figured $5 for the two expansions was a bargain.

Warning: The tutorials have not been updated for the expansions so there will be problems when you do the military trial. It tells you to move a unit that you don't have. Mine also crashed after every tutorial. I think that is a Win7 64 thing.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #1598
Dutch
"Dutch"

FarCry2 is on sale for $4.99 today.

Checking out the little blurb under the game title, it says this.

"You are a gun for hire, trapped in a war-torn African state, stricken with malaria and forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to make this country your home."

Wait? Who has malaria?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #1599
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Picked up a Magic The Gathering type game called Guardians of Graxia....it was around $4, and is only a 700 mb download. I think it might be a nice time waster.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #1600
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Picked up a Magic The Gathering type game called Guardians of Graxia....it was around $4, and is only a 700 mb download. I think it might be a nice time waster.

it's actually selling for $2.49, I know cause it's sitting in my cart at the moment, with Flight Control for $1.70. That Graxia game looks intriguing...

FM