Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #1551
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Back to hiding you go then. No surprise.

Umm... what? I don't get this whole hiding thing at all. Seriously. Any joke is hiding?

Anyways, people are trying to have a basketball discussion in here, we've probably ruined it enough. Feel free to explain the hiding thing if you care to, or PM me or something, but otherwise I'm going to do some real hiding in this thread for awhile. I actually enjoy all the interesting b-ball talk that goes on in here (despite having little of value to add due to lack of b-ball knowledge).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #1552
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Umm... what? I don't get this whole hiding thing at all. Seriously. Any joke is hiding?

Anyways, people are trying to have a basketball discussion in here, we've probably ruined it enough. Feel free to explain the hiding thing if you care to, or PM me or something, but otherwise I'm going to do some real hiding in this thread for awhile. I actually enjoy all the interesting b-ball talk that goes on in here (despite having little of value to add due to lack of b-ball knowledge).

Well, as you can see above, I am already participating in all that. Feel free to join in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #1553
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, as you can see above, I am already participating in all that. Feel free to join in.

Like I said, I enjoy reading the on topic posts, but I have nothing of value to add. I follow the NBA but don't really watch the games anymore, if that makes sense. For some reason the NBA has compelling drama, but the games no longer interest me. It's almost like wrestling in a way.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #1554
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you're dreaming a little, steve. I don't think anyone will be willing to give a player like Szerbiak (sp) any decent money, even over just two years. And certainly not trade anything decent for him to get the chance to do it. Only way would be if someone was so overloaded contract-wise that a team was desperate to get rid of him.

Say...want Zach Randolph?

If the trade is Cavs players X and Y for players A, B, and C on another team, and the Cavs need to add 4 million to make the trade work, it wouldn't suprise me to see Wally get that contract. Especially if the other team needs to dump salary and ends up saving a lot of money in the long haul. So they get Wally for 4, 4.5(500k guaranteed, or whatever the minimum allowed guarantee is) and 5.0(none guaranteed).

I'd assume you know the NBA trading makes zero sense whatsoever.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #1555
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

maybe i have an overinflated sense of Michael Redd's skill-level at this point and he's being horribly overpaid (he was an all-star only what...a couple seasons back?) but even given that it'd clear them a ton of room under the cap where is the incentive for the Bucks to trade him to Cleveland for the pile of horseshit that the poster above mentioned? i'd think they could at least get someone who'd be a #2 scoring option for them and a draft pick for him? instead of all those junky contracts and no real player
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #1556
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
maybe i have an overinflated sense of Michael Redd's skill-level at this point and he's being horribly overpaid (he was an all-star only what...a couple seasons back?) but even given that it'd clear them a ton of room under the cap where is the incentive for the Bucks to trade him to Cleveland for the pile of horseshit that the poster above mentioned? i'd think they could at least get someone who'd be a #2 scoring option for them and a draft pick for him? instead of all those junky contracts and no real player

Hey, we got Moe Williams for a pile of horseshit and junky contracts.
The Celts got Ray Allen for a pile of horseshit, junky contracts and the 5th pick.

These things happen
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #1557
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If the trade is Cavs players X and Y for players A, B, and C on another team, and the Cavs need to add 4 million to make the trade work, it wouldn't suprise me to see Wally get that contract. Especially if the other team needs to dump salary and ends up saving a lot of money in the long haul. So they get Wally for 4, 4.5(500k guaranteed, or whatever the minimum allowed guarantee is) and 5.0(none guaranteed).

I'd assume you know the NBA trading makes zero sense whatsoever.

Oh agreed, NBA trading in the salary cap era is abysmal and difficult to understand.

Still, I just don't see anyone giving Szczerbiak more money to do anything. Will they work a deal that includes his current deal or same money or whatever to make a deal work? I see that. But last I checked he was already way too massively overpaid on his current contract.

Plus, I don't see the Cavs trading away contracts for long term deals right now, for the simple reason that they have no idea if Lebron will be with them past 2010. If he's staying for sure, they do that sort of deal. But if they don't have him signed, they won't want to take the chance of signing two or three way overpaid players who will sink their roster for years to come after LeBron is gone. They would be in the edge of Knicks' territory then--way over the cap and no ability.

Speaking of which, did I mention the availability of Zach Randolph?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #1558
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hey, we got Moe Williams for a pile of horseshit and junky contracts.
The Celts got Ray Allen for a pile of horseshit, junky contracts and the 5th pick.

These things happen

Wasn't Delonte West one of those piles of horseshit?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #1559
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And lets be honest, who would be the best player the Cavs even get if they blocked LeBron tomorrow?

We're easily down to like the high teens to mid 20s on the latest
Bill Simmons Value Chart
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #1560
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Marion's pretty washed up. He's been traded 3 times in 2 seasons and was basically an expiring contract in Toronto (with no sniff of an extension from the Raps). But, he could certainly be had for the MLE if Cleveland wants.

Word around Phoenix is that the Shaq for Wallace plus spare parts deal may come back (the rumored deal is Shaq for Wallace+Sasha+ a pick). It saves the Suns around $3 million and gets the Cavs a low post scorer. That's about the closest thing to a bigtime deal I can see Cleveland getting.

I don't think Marion is washed up - I think Marion is who he really is and that playing for D'Antoni just inflated his stats like it does for just about everyone.

Why would the Cavs want Shaq? Z is a plenty good center - if they need to get by Orlando they need someone who can play the 4 and defend the perimeter.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #1561
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I don't think Marion is washed up - I think Marion is who he really is and that playing for D'Antoni just inflated his stats like it does for just about everyone.

Why would the Cavs want Shaq? Z is a plenty good center - if they need to get by Orlando they need someone who can play the 4 and defend the perimeter.

because Shaq is viewed as the "magical cure" for every team that feels they are just one piece away, even if Shaq isn't the logical piece. It's kind of funny really.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #1562
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Lakers in 5 games, anyone?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #1563
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:

The biggest incentive I could see would be if they wanted to sign Ramon Sessions. If the situation is you can afford to pay both Redd and Sessions then yeah, it doesn't make sense to trade him for little to nothing. But if you're going to lose Sessions unless you don't have to pay Redd anymore then it might be worth it.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #1564
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I like Redd's game but I don't think he's a star in the league. Poor man's Gilbert Arenas who can't defend and is not athletic enough to create his own shot. My issue with Redd would be long term. He essentially turns into a spot-up shooter in the coming years and nothing else. A good 3rd star on a quality team.

Honestly, if I'm the Bucks, I unload him and his contract if I can. He doesn't really fit Skiles style of play and is not worth his contract in my mind.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #1565
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Lakers in 5 games, anyone?

Magic in seven.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #1566
MrBug708
Head Coach

years?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #1567
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
The Lakers will beat the Magic in 5 games.

I believe I also said 5 or 6 at the most. I'm hoping I'm wrong, tho.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #1568
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think the Magic can beat the Lakers at Staples, but I dont think they can win two games there. I dont think the Lakers can win two games down in Orlando either, but that probably wont be necessary
Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #1569
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I believe I also said 5 or 6 at the most. I'm hoping I'm wrong, tho.

SI

It's okay to hope for a sweep, SI!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #1570
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's okay to hope for a sweep, SI!

Well, you know that's what I was going for

SI

Old 06-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #1571
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Good game, so far. Very physical.

Bynum has played well in the opening 6 minutes. He will be key to a Lakers championship.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #1572
MrBug708
Head Coach

And Howard goes to the bench
Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #1573
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Hell of a start for Jameer Nelson.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #1574
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Courtney Lee is being exposed as a compelte liability on defense for the Magic.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #1575
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Hell of a start for Jameer Nelson.

Word, hes a spark plug he is.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #1576
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Courtney Lee is being exposed as a compelte liability on defense for the Magic.

He's generally a good defender, but he's never been matched up with a guy like Kobe in a situation like this, and it shows. In the first Q Kobe could basically post him up and spin baseline at will.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #1577
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
He's generally a good defender, but he's never been matched up with a guy like Kobe in a situation like this, and it shows. In the first Q Kobe could basically post him up and spin baseline at will.

Luke Walton did so, as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #1578
MrBug708
Head Coach

To be fair, Phil has been saving Walton for three years, for that exact moment
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #1579
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh my Kobe
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #1580
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Lebron has to be watching this and wondering would it would be like to have guys like Gasol and Odom for teammates
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #1581
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The Magic threes are finally falling in, and it's a close one right now with the game winding down.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #1582
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Magic threes are finally falling in, and it's a close one right now with the game winding down.

Back to back great plays by Lewis and Turkoglu. If the Magic can hold on, I like their chances to take this in 6.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #1583
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Lakers with the stop and now have a chance to win. Ariza for the win.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #1584
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Here we go.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #1585
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Great stop on Kobe!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #1586
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

great block from behind by the big Turk!!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #1587
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Great defensive play by Turkoglu.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #1588
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow. What a block. All ball, too!

SI

Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #1589
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Ariza was wide open Kobe.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #1590
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alley-oop to Howard?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #1591
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Ariza was wide open Kobe.

So were Odom and Fisher. But come on, like there was any doubt who would shoot it.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #1592
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Even if Turkoglu hadn't blocked that, looks like Howard was right there in front and would have.

SI

Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #1593
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
So were Odom and Fisher. But come on, like there was any doubt who would shoot it.

I know but damn i wanted my prediction to be right.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1594
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

HOLY SHIT.

Whew.

Two big misses by Lee in crunch time.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1595
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Man, great play but just missed it

SI

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1596
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Damn Lee two missed layups in the last few minutes...
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1597
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fuck - courtney lee had it there for the taking!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1598
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

What a great play if only Lee could have finished.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #1599
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Great defense by Gasol on that shot.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #1600
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Odom and Bynum both have 5 fouls each. It could get iffy for the Lakers.