Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #1551
Fouts
College Starter

I can't believe some of you stayed on Gramm after his reveal. Hoops even provided a vote count and left his vote on him. JAIL HOOPS NOW!!!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #1552
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
CR, fair enough. I agree with a lot of what you say here.

OK, there are two people in the game who I do not have associated with a role:
#16 Racer
#20 Glengoyne

Have either of these guys shown something that I missed?

No Hoops, at least none that i can see. ido not have an idea of thier roles either.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #1553
Fouts
College Starter

I don't trust NTN anymore either. I will be pushing to elect Swaggs tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #1554
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am curious why anxiety isn't tired even though the rules clearly state if you do your night action 2 nights in a row you come up tired. That puts him at the top of my list for now.

No, actually they do not. Here is what they actually say:

Quote:
Many, but not all of the roles have night period actions that are to be submitted to me before the night deadline of 9:00am EST. As everyone needs their rest, any player who spends consecutive nights out will be tagged in the morning as Tired. The only exceptions to the night action penalty is the player with the Sheriff job, or if any player in the game has a special role that allows for un-penalized night movement.

Bold part mine.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #1555
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, if we had freed Gramm right now you would be yelling at me about freeing a Cowboy.

I get that you don't trust me. It's mutual.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #1556
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
the 9:01 vote has been bothering me since it happened...that ploy has been used a number of times during past games to try and make oneself look like they were trying to save someone...personally, i dont see how you dont see the little clock at the bottom of the board when you are typing your post and know that you are too late.

i was playing FOF and came back. i saw peeps talking about gramms reveal so i went and read that. i then posted but it was too late.

ohh and your one of the peeps i dont trust saladana. i might just meet you in the middle of town tomorow
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #1557
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Gramm, it doesn't sound like Path can verify that you guarded him - his posts indicate that he had no knowledge of your presence.

Catching up -- I doublechecked with Alan -- as far as I know I was asleep all night except when the shots woke me up.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #1558
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
ok, i am out until tomorrow night

my suspect list is, in no particular order

cronin
lonestargirl
hoops
bullet

aww dude. Alan can i only duel during the day? or can i do it now?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #1559
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts, if we had freed Gramm right now you would be yelling at me about freeing a Cowboy.

I get that you don't trust me. It's mutual.

Not after that reveal I wouldn't have. Gramm screwed up by not giving a reason to save him, but it the guys who were around at the deadline let him die knowing who he was.

hoops, do you have a gun?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #1560
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i was playing FOF and came back. i saw peeps talking about gramms reveal so i went and read that. i then posted but it was too late.

ohh and your one of the peeps i dont trust saladana. i might just meet you in the middle of town tomorow

whatever...shooting the banker....that would be a real good use of your ability
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #1561
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, I have a gun.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #1562
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
whatever...shooting the banker....that would be a real good use of your ability

as opposed to someone that there is actually evidence against, as opposed to nothing but your self admitted crappy instincts.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #1563
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, yes, i just quoted myself.....i need to go to sleep..
Old 10-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #1564
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
as opposed to someone that there is actually evidence against, as opposed to nothing but your self admitted crappy instincts.

you do have a point
Old 10-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #1565
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just curious - why are people suspicious of me but not the other people that are cleared by NTN? This has been confusing me for the last few hours.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #1566
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just curious - why are people suspicious of me but not the other people that are cleared by NTN? This has been confusing me for the last few hours.

I can't speak for any of the others, but I am pretty clear on you. I just think you over-thought yourself on the Gramm thing and made a bad decision, and you might exacerbate it further by concentrating in the wrong areas going forward. So I question the judgment, not the allegiance.

That said, I say that knowing I have made plenty of judgment calls in WW games that have turned out completely wrong.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #1567
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

1) The way you are playing the game.

2) I don't trust anyone that NTN has cleared.

3) You left your vote on Gramm. In previous games you would have been clamoring to get him freed.

4) You have a gun.

That enough?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #1568
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think 1503 makes it rather clear Anxiety has been lying to us in some fashion. I'm guessing he hasn't really been playing dressup nearly as much as he's claimed.

I think 1503 is a hugely important post.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #1569
Fouts
College Starter

Oh, and the biggest reason. You were at the scene of a crime without a good reason.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #1570
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I personally think this is a bad play. What if the bad guys have a duke role and duke BK? Why limit our options by only tossing in one suspect? Why remove BK's ability to use his role? Why deny a bodyguard the opporuntity to kill a abd guy by protecting an obvious target?

Anxiety's post that Gramm was refering to.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #1571
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts - do you think NTN is a Cowboy? Why do you expect he is issuing trust lists based on his visits? Help me understand your perceptions of his play.

On Gramm - I thought there was a strong chance he was bluffing, based on the fact that I had seen both Bullet and Chubby outside last night. I believe I know both of their roles and both of them would potentially lend themselves towards bodyguard.

Fouts - do you have a gun?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #1572
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

[quote=hoopsguy;1272810]On Gramm - I thought there was a strong chance he was bluffing, based on the fact that I had seen both Bullet and Chubby outside last night. I believe I know both of their roles and both of them would potentially lend themselves towards bodyguard.[quote]

So if, as it appears, Gramm was indeed the bodyguard, what do you now make of those two? Or do you think there are multiple bodygaurds?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #1573
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts - do you think NTN is a Cowboy? Why do you expect he is issuing trust lists based on his visits? Help me understand your perceptions of his play.

On Gramm - I thought there was a strong chance he was bluffing, based on the fact that I had seen both Bullet and Chubby outside last night. I believe I know both of their roles and both of them would potentially lend themselves towards bodyguard.

Fouts - do you have a gun?

No idea on NTN. I do know that he locked up the bodyguard. He is clearing people by visiting them? Who has cleared NTN? The only person I trust is Swaggs.

School teachers don't have guns. I am completely harmless, and have no reason to be out at night. If you see me out after dark, shoot me.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #1574
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also on Gram, one of us was in the room talking to Gramm trying to get information and trying to make a good decision. You showed up ten minutes after results go up and once again mount an attack.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #1575
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, do you believe that I was the shooter last night?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #1576
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts, do you believe that I was the shooter last night?

No idea. I was sleeping.

Do you think asking direct questions will clear you of suspicion?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #1577
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So if, as it appears, Gramm was indeed the bodyguard, what do you now make of those two? Or do you think there are multiple bodygaurds?

Whoops, did it again. I have re-posted to make the quote clearer.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #1578
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Also on Gram, one of us was in the room talking to Gramm trying to get information and trying to make a good decision. You showed up ten minutes after results go up and once again mount an attack.

Yeah, I got a database error from the site, then left the computer. When I got back it was too late.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #1579
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Due to questions from various people the past few days, I have added the following section to the rules in post #1. Please note this is not a change in game play but simply a clarification on issues that have been brought up a few times already for public knowledge.

Quote:
Player's items and posessions:

The only item in this game of special note in any PMs is guns. There will be other items mentioned during the play of the game that people will be said to have. In cases where those items are mentioned, continuity will be kept through all people who may know about or have seen such items. In addition, all players are assumed to have personal spending money for drinks/dinner as well as a small knife. The ability to use spending money or your knifes in ways other than dictated by the story will be stated in any role that could possibly have such abilities.

When a player dies, their posessions go to relatives or the town and for game purposes disappear completely unless specifically deemed special due to some role or circumstance.

Edit: Modified sentence for spelling error. Should read: Please not this is not a change

Last edited by Alan T : 10-12-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #1580
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I'm asking direct questions to try and understand your laser-like focus on me. Chubby did this a couple of games ago and I didn't believe he was my enemy, just wrong. I'm not cutting you quite as much slack because we have played a bunch of games together. And I think you are going with the "best defense is a good offense" approach here.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #1581
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would imagine people will object mightily to this, and it won't matter, but I will put it out anyway. I would ask for the townsfolk to ask ntn to release me. I can't do any good from in here. If you're going to kill me, then lynch me and be done with it. If not, release me and allow me to use my skills to help track down the cowboys.

At least now that is pretty much out in the open as to what I am and what I do, I can openly make my approaches and try to find the bad guys or information that we could use to help build larger CoT.

Forgot to reply to this. I would object about your being freed. If you can do what you say you can do, then you should be afraid of being attacked by cowboys. You, obviously, fear no cowboy.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #1582
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts, I'm asking direct questions to try and understand your laser-like focus on me. Chubby did this a couple of games ago and I didn't believe he was my enemy, just wrong. I'm not cutting you quite as much slack because we have played a bunch of games together. And I think you are going with the "best defense is a good offense" approach here.

Well it appears nobody is going with me on you. I have no direct evidence of your being bad. You are playing a strange game. Hinting at have some ability that will disappear when the cowboys get you at night, or at the end of a noose (like Gramm).

As far as "best defense is a good offense", I have nothing to defend against. Show me something that makes me look guilty. I have done nothing this game but grill people who act suspicious. If that is a sign of a bad guy, then lock me up.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #1583
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
well, Shoot! Sorry Folks. I am up for any suggestions on who to Jail tonight. My plan now is as it was to release one and put one in.

I'm not all caught up but I'm ok with you jailing anybody, pretty much. You're the only guy I have real trust in, and by extension, your COT.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #1584
Fouts
College Starter

C'mon people, give some opinions.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #1585
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm not all caught up but I'm ok with you jailing anybody, pretty much. You're the only guy I have real trust in, and by extension, your COT.

Not even swaggs?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #1586
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Forgot to reply to this. I would object about your being freed. If you can do what you say you can do, then you should be afraid of being attacked by cowboys. You, obviously, fear no cowboy.

I knew you would. You usually leap to the worst possible conclusion about me for some reason.

I fear the cowboys and their choice of many targets than I do being one of the one or two options for a lynch.

I have said a number of times that my skills are limited and only work on certain people. Now, if the cowboys are all particularly libidinous, then, yes, I suppose I will be a goner. But I doubt they are.

Even given they would know about my skill, they would still likely target Swaggs, ntn (when he wasn't a sheriff), Anxiety, Chubby and Spleen before me, and hoops, st. cronin, Barkeep and Lathum would probably be targeted as well for either their outspoken style or veteran status before they got to me.

Now, if I discover something and announce it to the village, I would probably jump up on their target list, but I don't think I would be anywhere near an automatic.

So, yes, I fear the lynch much more than I do the cowboys right now, as you would imagine.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #1587
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Hoops, I have no idea about Fouts like I have no idea about virtually anyone in this game. But I want to just point out that if I assume that like myself, Fouts has what amounts to a plain vanilla role, the only thing we can really do is try and mount a good offense against just about everyone in turn.

Could he be a cowboy? Sure. So could I, and so could you. But for those of us without roles, aggressive questioning is the only weapon we have -- whether it ends up putting us in a noose or at the wrong end of a gun sooner or later.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #1588
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As far as "best defense is a good offense", I have nothing to defend against. Show me something that makes me look guilty. I have done nothing this game but grill people who act suspicious. If that is a sign of a bad guy, then lock me up.

How about throwing around a whole bunch of weighty accusations with little proof? Somehow showing up just in time to miss saving Gramm (very convenient)? Disappearing/saying little for days now, despite being a veteran, but now you're all over the place?

It seems to me there is as much to suspect you here as you have against hoops.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #1589
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

Suck-up.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #1590
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, at this point it would be very convenient for us to have multiple bodyguards. I don't think Bullet is or else he would not have had much reason to come in at 8:01 with an unvote for Gramm.

Chubby, I'm not as sure but I'm going to go back and look at his account of last night. Obviously if he was a bodyguard he wasn't guarding GE last night, but what if he was guarding someone in the same area? There are aspects of his information that do not quite gel with conventional bodyguard.

I'm not 100% sure it is a good idea discussing stuff like this out in the open, but it has been pointed out that I'm not doing enough analysis this game. I have been, but I've been avoiding posting roles and my vibe on what they do so as not to alert the Cowboys. And it has not been fun for me playing a relatively quiet game, even though I've been near the top of posts the whole way.

Not meant as a beef about the game concept, which I think is terrific. Just an observation about the approach I've taken - it hasn't been all that much fun or terribly effective, based on today.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #1591
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fouts -- I think I've been pretty clear that I have faith in NTN. While NTN has faith in hoops then I have faith in hoops and so I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #1592
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Hoops, I have no idea about Fouts like I have no idea about virtually anyone in this game. But I want to just point out that if I assume that like myself, Fouts has what amounts to a plain vanilla role, the only thing we can really do is try and mount a good offense against just about everyone in turn.

Could he be a cowboy? Sure. So could I, and so could you. But for those of us without roles, aggressive questioning is the only weapon we have -- whether it ends up putting us in a noose or at the wrong end of a gun sooner or later.

Bingo. I think hoops knows this already though. He is hoping I slip up and cause some suspicion for myself.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #1593
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I fear the cowboys and their choice of many targets than I do being one of the one or two options for a lynch.

Reading back, this didn't make sense. Here is how it should have read.

I fear the cowboys and their choice of many targets less than I do being one of the one or two options for a lynch.

I really need to proofread myself more in WW threads.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1594
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Fouts -- I think I've been pretty clear that I have faith in NTN. While NTN has faith in hoops then I have faith in hoops and so I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Fair enough. I'll head back to the school house and see how things play out.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #1595
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No idea on NTN. I do know that he locked up the bodyguard. He is clearing people by visiting them? Who has cleared NTN? The only person I trust is Swaggs.

School teachers don't have guns. I am completely harmless, and have no reason to be out at night. If you see me out after dark, shoot me.

Yes I locked up the bodyguard. I went out on a limb following my gut and made a command decision. It was the wrong one. Of the 5 folks who gave Jailing Suggestions yesterday Chief Rum had 3 so he was locked up.

Now on to my clearing and being cleared. Every person that I have eithe seen or attempted to see in the Furtherence of my role has cleared me. I had thought of each of the people I talked to with a good deal of trust before I went to see them. That will continue to be my plan.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #1596
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, you know I understand the idea of pushing on a player in-game to see what you find. And I go through this more games than not, based on playing style, reputation, and whatever else you want to throw in there.

I don't have a problem with being questioned. I will respond to questions - no matter what side of the game I'm on, good or bad. I think it is safe to assume that I will NEVER play the quiet wolf role.

That said, you have played games where we have been wolves together. I would like to think that my persona is fairly consistent from game to game. If I'm playing out of character, there just might be a reason that I'm doing so that doesn't involve me looking to shoot people at night.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #1597
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so who does NTN jail tonight?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #1598
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Good Question Lathum. I don't know yet. it will only be one person Though. So Hopefully I get this one right.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #1599
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Good Question Lathum. I don't know yet. it will only be one person Though. So Hopefully I get this one right.

one person because you are releasing someone?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #1600
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I'm going to crash in a few. If you want to continue our conversation I'll stick for another 5-10 minutes. If not, hopefully tomorrow brings some positive results.