Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #1551
rkmsuf
Head Coach

That episode sucked ballsacks. Worst one I can remember. Totally uninterested in the couples story and nothing happened until the last 2 minutes.

And it's starting to make almost no sense now. And 3 week hiatus.

sigh
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 AM   #1552
DanGarion
Coordinator

I thought it was a good episode, not every episode should furthe main plot.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #1553
Swaggs
Coordinator

On the one hand, I liked the backstory and thought it was pretty well done. On the other hand, now we have another story branch going in another direction, with no end in sight.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #1554
Thomkal
Head Coach

I thought it was an Ok episode. Not much really happened in it to further the plot along with the exception of the return of Michael. I was happy to see Rose's and Bernard's backstory, but wasn't as caught up in it as most of the others. Did like the scene between Rose and Locke though.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #1555
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
I thought it was an Ok episode. Not much really happened in it to further the plot along with the exception of the return of Michael. I was happy to see Rose's and Bernard's backstory, but wasn't as caught up in it as most of the others. Did like the scene between Rose and Locke though.

++ to all of this.

Henry is a lot of fun. I already called the earlier twist with him (they'd find the wreckage...and then find out that he wasn't the real Henry). So I'll speculate here that Henry is not one of the others, mostly because they seem to be doing so much to make him appear to be. Why he's being deceptive about his past, I don't know, but I have a feeling he's going to turn out to be rather benign (maybe he's the missing button pusher?).

Has Harold Perrineau (Michael) been collecting paychecks all season to not be on the show? How many episodes did he miss? Did he even need to be in Hawaii during that time?

Speaking of spoilers, I think I stumbled across one today (or at least a hint of one) and I'm quite annoyed about it. It's dubious enough for me not to put a lot of stock in, but I hate having any advance info on the show. oh well.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #1556
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Kids these days... They just can't handle character development and a well-spun yard. Everything's gotta be zip! pow! bang! Now! Now! Now! I reckon MTV's to blame.

Not at all. I just think it's completely obvious what they're doing with this story (stretching time to sell ads). The only reason I watch is because my gf is/was into the show. I guess this is the problem some people had with JJ Abrams' other show.

The Bernard/Rose story, while cool, could've been explained without skimping in 4-5 minutes.

All that to tell us basically how they met, that Bernard is a man of action, that Rose is an emasculating b!tch, and that the island has some sort of force (duh!).
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #1557
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
The Bernard/Rose story, while cool, could've been explained without skimping in 4-5 minutes.

All that to tell us basically how they met, that Bernard is a man of action, that Rose is an emasculating b!tch, and that the island has some sort of force (duh!).
Ummmm...this may be a little strange, but I disagree. I think every background story could be told in 4-5 minutes. I know I'm probably one of the most vocal people against the absolute slowness of this series, but I enjoyed Rose and Bernard's story a lot. Didn't a lot of us complain about another Hurley story or another Charlie story or (gasp!) yet another Jack story? At least we learned something about two people we haven't had a background on yet. Glass half full.

Even if it wasn't that, I think it explained things very well. I was a little confused as to why Rose wouldn't hope they would be rescued...especially since she held out her hope that Bernard would be okay just after the crash. It didn't seem consistent within her character; however, after the story played out, it made her actions seem very plausible. I don't think you could do that within 4-5 minutes.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good episode and much better than the previous ones so far.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #1558
DanGarion
Coordinator

Possible spoiler on the numbers.
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/index.html#a0009993957

And a funny comment.

"All the numbers are also retired Yankee's jersey numbers.

And they add up to 108 which is the number of stitches on a baseball. And the number of beads on a rosary.

The numbers have no basis in reality, they pulled some random numbers, perhaps for all we know, FROM the yankee's retired jersey list, just because they needed 6 numbers. "

Last edited by DanGarion : 04-15-2006 at 11:25 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #1559
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion

It's pretty funny that the guy who wrote that is convinced that he's uncovered anything, let alone enough to justify this statement: "I'm kind of sad now that I have solved it, no more mystery."

" The numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 are points along the Becker-Hagens Planetary Grid System." Yeh, so are the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14...

The only way to that grid looks even remotely interesting is because 42 is in the ocean near Australia. But it's in the Indian Ocean--a flight to LA would be going in the opposite direction.

Doc Jensen(linked in that article) has some pretty solid spoiler-free Lost theories, though.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #1560
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
The only way to that grid looks even remotely interesting is because 42 is in the ocean near Australia. But it's in the Indian Ocean--a flight to LA would be going in the opposite direction.

Except the plane turned around to go to back to Sydney and then flew way off course. I seem to remember '1000 miles off course' as what the dying pilot mentioned. It could have been more than that. Does anyone remember? So the Indian Ocean would not be far-fetched. And much closer to Eko's African cocaine plane take-off point. A twin engine Beechcraft (or whatever) going from Africa to the mid-Pacific--even with refueling--strikes me as less possible than the Lost Island being in the Indian Ocean.

Also, mark me down as thinking Not-The-Henry is An Other, in the sense that the Others are not the Dharma project people. The Others are other people who have washed up/crashed on the island over the years--some before Dharma, others after. Not-The-Henry has had run-ins with both groups and fears the Dharma folks the most. He does have some knowledge of the Big Secret, but is keeping it to himself because he trusts no one.

He also does not know Walt and has never met the boy. He heard Jack say the name Walt as a potential trade and simply used the name to mess with Jack's head, much like he's messing with Locke and the numbers. He likely genuinely believes there's no possibility of a trade, but wants Jack to think he, Not-The-Henry, knows much more than he does. He vacilliates between saying he knows stuff and messing with the Losties because that's the kind of nasty little sh*t he is. But he knows nothing of Walt except as a name Jack used.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #1561
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I enjoyed seeing Scorpius from Farscape (Wayne Pygram) as Isaac Urulu, the healer Rose went to. I closed my eyes to listen to his voice. Very creepy, in the way Scorpius was when he was in Ben Brower's head. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the Farscape reruns on WGN.

On the boring versus interesting debate, I'm going to pontificate a bit.

There are two basic ways of telling a story, plot-driven and character-driven. I broadly call these 'action-thrillers' (plot) and Romance stories (character). Most folks prefer one to the other.

Now LOST starts out with a plane crash, monsters and mysteries. This a classic 'thriller' plot development. Those of us who like this expect fast action, fights, and plot twists. If LOST were a movie, it could have been done in 2 1/2 hours, like the Bourne Idenity or Jurassic Park. However, LOST will be at least 66 hours of TV (three seasons) and the network wants those who prefer character-based stories (I'll call this group 'women' for lack of a better term) to watch, too. So we get back stories and love interests, despite those story lines having little bearing on the main plot of what's going on.

So the very success of LOST makes its plot-driven basis impossible. It would already be over if they stuck to the main mystery. Thus, like all long-term TV, it becomes soap opera. There is simply no other way to stretch it out.

What all this means is, there is going to be lots more 'character' padding along the way. The best we can hope for is interesting back stories that mention the magnetism of Ayers Rock and Bernard picking up black rocks and Locke seeing things on lock-down doors and Not-The-Henry lying in interesting ways. The story is unfolding very slowly because it has to follow TV rhythm, not movies.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #1562
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It would be weird if the series were 108 episodes and the writers had that idea in the beginning.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #1563
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Lost News:

Quote:
'Lost' Actress Chooses Jail Over Service
Tuesday April 25 6:05 PM ET

"Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a single count of driving under the influence, choosing to pay a $500 fine and spend five days in jail rather than do 240 hours of community service.

Rodriguez, who portrays police officer Ana Lucia, and cast member Cynthia Watros were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over Dec. 1 in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other.

On Tuesday, a judge gave Rodriguez the option of jail time or community service.

She was to surrender to authorities at Kaneohe District Court later in the day.

Watros, who plays Libby on the ABC castaway drama, pleaded guilty to drunken driving in January and was fined $312, ordered to undergo an alcohol assessment and 14 hours of counseling. She also had her license suspended for 90 days.

Both Rodriguez and Watros were spotted weaving on a road in Kailua, on the island of Oahu, where "Lost" is filmed. Both failed field sobriety tests.

Rodriguez recorded a blood-alcohol level of 0.17, more than twice the legal limit of .08. Watros had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10.

In 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #1564
Swaggs
Coordinator

Do we have a new episode tonight?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #1565
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

next week, I think. then it's 4 in a row to the end of season.

don't quote me on that.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #1566
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
next week, I think. then it's 4 in a row to the end of season.

don't quote me on that.

Burn!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #1567
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Tonight episode is a recap of season 2 so far. There going to show highlights.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #1568
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Tonight episode is a recap of season 2 so far. There going to show highlights.

According to TV guide its new.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #1569
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
According to TV guide its new.

Recap episodes are always "new" because the recap has never been aired. I hate recaps.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #1570
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Recap episodes are always "new" because the recap has never been aired. I hate recaps.

Recap episodes are useless. If a person cares about the show, he/she will record them and never recap. If a person doesn't care about the show, a recap won't make him/her care.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #1571
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
ditto. Waste of good time.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #1572
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Plane crashes. Weird conincidences happen. Walt disappears. Michael yells.

Recap over.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #1573
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Do we have a new episode tonight?

I like to check this site to find out the answer

http://www.islostarepeat.com/
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #1574
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Plane crashes. Weird conincidences happen. Walt disappears. Michael yells. Claire has baby. Baby gets stolen. Claire yells.

Recap over.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #1575
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Fixed it for ya.

ohh, and hurley eats
Old 04-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #1576
Raiders Army
Coordinator

No doubt.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #1577
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
I like to check this site to find out the answer

http://www.islostarepeat.com/

Is that for real? I mean, they could never update the site and it would be accurate like 75% of the time.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #1578
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
No doubt.

Kewl, the Gwen Stafani guest star episode a la the Gilligan's Island Harlem Globetrotters...only kewler.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #1579
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And hotter.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #1580
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
And hotter.

why couldn't they have crashed on an island inhabited by hot chicks instead of others

and how come there is nobody playing with themself. I watch Jarhead and the guy is wanking every 5 minutes. Nobody on this island goes to the bathroom either.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #1581
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Nobody on this island goes to the bathroom either.

its just like 24, no one ever poops.

Oh wait, didn't hurley poop in like season 1.

Last edited by gottimd : 04-26-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #1582
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
its just like 24, no one ever poops.

Oh wait, didn't hurley poop in like season 1.

I don't recall hurley feces.

I mean one day I can buy. 4 months? That's just cooky talk.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 04-26-2006 at 02:41 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #1583
rkmsuf
Head Coach

wtf, does the hatch even have a toilet? and if so what if they need a plumber? and where does the shower water come from?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #1584
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
wtf, does the hatch even have a toilet? and if so what if they need a plumber? and where does the shower water come from?

The castaways are all too busy not talking to each other about important things to think about things like this.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #1585
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is that for real? I mean, they could never update the site and it would be accurate like 75% of the time.

You could check again next week, but I have seen it change to no for new episodes.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #1586
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:

The Ocean is one big toilet.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #1587
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
The Ocean is one big toilet.

How about menstration. They need these hard hitting issues.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #1588
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
The castaways are all too busy not talking to each other about important things to think about things like this.

Every time I watch I am amazed at the lack of communication and teamwork. It's like they are all going for the same promotion and not STRANDED on some island.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #1589
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:

If you ever watched Gilligan's Island, you would know the answers to ALL of these questions.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #1590
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277

"Oh yeah, we found another hatch with a fake beard"

Writing has been miserable this year.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #1591
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
If you ever watched Gilligan's Island, you would know the answers to ALL of these questions.

yeah but they had the professor. that guy was a genius.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #1592
jackyl
H.S. Freshman Team

I've always wanted to bump this thread...

Anyway, new show tonight. Matter of fact, new shows every Wednesday night for the rest of the season.

From wikipedia:

Two for the Road
Announced air date: May 3, 2006
Flashback: Ana-Lucia Cortez
Written by: Elizabeth Sarnoff & Christina M. Kim
Directed by: Paul Edwards
This episode is yet to be aired. The official description for this episode, as found on ABC Medianet website is: Jack and Kate bring an exhausted Michael back to the camp, and with him, news about "The Others." Meanwhile, Ana Lucia attempts to get the prisoner to confess, and Hurley plans a surprise date for Libby.

Check out hxxp://www.thehansofoundation.org by the way.

Last edited by jackyl : 05-03-2006 at 05:41 PM.
jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #1593
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally caught up. Of course all the repeats made it fairly easy to do.

I really hope they listen to the fans and run the series straight through ala 24.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #1594
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Love the Hanso "commerical!"
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #1595
mckerney
Coordinator

Um, wow.

At least Michael's doing something other than screaming "Walt!"
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #1596
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

The number rings busy right now.

The moral for tonights episode is not to drink and drive folks.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #1597
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Ummm, Knights of Columbus!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #1598
Easy Mac

Holy fucking shit. The first 40 minutes was alright, but the last 5... fuck beans...
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #1599
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, that was interesting
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #1600
flounder
High School Varsity

Lots of new stuff up at http://thehansofoundation.org
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote